Fan Fiction ❯ Momokii's Story ❯ Soup's Up! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclamier : I don't own Kingdom Hearts in anyway at all!

Author : Windsweety (windsweety@yahoo.com)
Pairings : Riku x Momokii (OC) and Sora x Kairi.
Genre(s): Romance, Action, Adventure

A/n : Hey guys! What up? Hope you like chapter 2!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2 |~| Soup's Up!

"Momokii!" Kairi's mom's voice sounded throughout the island.

"Coming!" I yelled as I began running toward Kairi's house. I was so glad it was finally dinner time!

I ran past the dock to the other side of the island where all the homes where. They where more like shacks then homes. As I remember, a home was made from wood and had a fireplace and a t.v you could watch. On this island, if you needed a fireplace all you had to do was walk outside. I sighed, if I have to be here I could at least have something or someone to help me pass the time, but no one ever did. Sure, I had the kids on the island to hang out with. But, they were always hanging out with someone else.

I finally came to Kairi's house. I dusted off quickly, and knocked on the door. Kairi's crimson-haired, blue-eyed, and always neatly dressed mother answered the door. At that moment Kairi's mom was wearing a neat blue dress.

"Well, it's about time you got here!" She smiled. I quickly walked in.

"Follow me to the table." Kairi's mom sweetly said, after closing the door.

"Yes, ma'am." I said, copying her tone of voice. I did as I was told and followed her to the table in the dining room.

I entered the dining room, to notice that Kairi was there. I looked around to see if anyone else is there, as I expected no one was.

"Good afternoon, Kairi." I said to her as I smiled. I was finaly enjoying myself.

"Good afternoon to you too, Momokii. We're having coconut soup for dinner!" She replied happily. Of course, we're going to 'eat' the soup made from the milk of a coconut. I liked the soup, even though I had 'eaten' it for the last two months. But, in short, I would be enjoying my self a lot more not knowing what I was going to have to drink my dinner, again.

I promptly took my seat at the table. Kairi's mom quickly put a bowl of soup at my spot on the table. I smiled at her, hiding my distaste of the fact that the soup was getting very old. I grabbed my spoon and took a small drink of the soup.

Kairi was smiling at me from across the table, "Hey, do you like your soup?" She asked me.

I tried my hardest not to scream at her, "Of course I do, Kairi. But, it's the same exact thing I've had for the last two months!" I said, as nicely as I could. Kairi laughed, "It is getting old, isn't it?" she asked me.

"Yes, it is...." I said, my voice fading. I drank even more of the soup, trying not to complain anymore.

Kairi's mom had walked out of the dining room a couple of minutes ago, and now she walked back into it.

"Are you enjoying it?" She asked us laughing.

"Yes..." I said, again holding back my distaste.

"Kairi, show her the fish. Joke's over."

"Joke?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Kairi had already gotten up from her seat. She was now near the counters, at the far north of the room, picking something up. Was it a plate of fish? Meat! Kairi quickly put the plate on the table.

"Well, thanks Kairi."

"No big deal, but the joke was mom's idea." She said, laughing.

"No it was not, young lady, it was your idea." Kairi's mom said, making her daughter cringe.

They continued to talk back and fourth about it. I ignored them after a while and ate the only thing I had to eat, the fish. I was enjoying it, in fact very much so. By the time I looked up from the table Kairi was eating, still siting across from me. Kairi's mom was eating in the chair next to Kairi.

"Thanks, Ma'm." I said to Kairi's mother, once I finished.

"No big deal, it was just killing, slicing, and frying a couple of fish." Kairi's mom said, smiling.

I laughed and smiled back. I began to walk out of the dining room when I heard Kairi's mom talking to her daughter. It was serious, so I stopped and listened.

"Don't you think Momokii and Riku would make the perfect couple?" She asked, not expecting me to still be listening.

"I don't know mom, I do know that not having a girlfriend is driving Riku mad!"

What the? Ok, I had nothing for Riku expect dislike. Lord, I hope they don't play matchmaker or something. It would be a cold day in you know where before I liked Riku as his girl. Scratch that, even before I liked him as a friend. I finished the deed of walking out of the house.

I slowly walked back to the dock, trying to clear my head of the horrible images that were placed there by Kairi's mom. I sat down at the edge of the dock, as I alwaysdid. The sunset was almost over and I was going to have to go back to Kairi's house to sleep soon.