Fan Fiction ❯ MoonLight ❯ Mystery Within a Small Present ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Billie: I have nothing to say. Read

~*~Chapter 4~*~

~*~Mystery Within a Small Note~*~

Everyone cheered as the candles went out. I opened my eyes and looked at my grandparents, who were smiling broadly.

I quickly grabbed the small present and hid it in my other skirt pocket. I told my grandparents that I was going outside, My grandmother smiled," Okay, but be back in a while." I nodded and quickly left.

As I walked towards the double doors, I pulled out the note of my pocket, opening it as I walked outside. Written in gold glittering ink and in loopy letters was written.

Dearest Lillian,

First of all, make sure you are all alone.

I looked around, no one was around. So I continued reading.

Second, make sure you are outside and where no one will see you.

I went deep into the forests, pretty much near my tree house. As I leaned onto the slightly damp tree, I continued.

Did you follow my instructions? Good. Now you will open the present now.

'Sheesh, order me around why don't ya' I said to myself as I half nervously and half excitedly pulled the present out of my pocket, hoping it isn't a bomb from Osma Bin Laden. But figured out they wouldn't make bombs this small.

I slowly pulled the gold ribbon off the box and carefully unwrapped the wrapping off revealing a small white box. I looked at the note and read the last two sentences.

Cherish this item as though it was your life. Happy Birthday.

Huh? I don't understand either. I shrugged and opened the box. A silver glow revealed itself from the inside of the box. It brightened as it slowly floated out of the box as a chained itself around my neck.

I felt drowsy all of a sudden, my consciousness slipping from my grasp. I slid off the tree. My head was spinning wildly, causing me to fall to the grass in a deep slumber.

I heard someone say in either my dreams or in reality. "She is the one. The Chosen One. To rule our people."

~*~

Billie: read and review.