Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends, New Friends ❯ Old Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

OK! This is probably not gonna work, but I'm gonna try. If it does, then as a reference, I don't own anything other than my own character. The other stuff is all Rowling.

Harry was extremely excited. He had just received a letter from Hogwarts, and what was written had only increased his longing to go back to school, and not have to stay with his muggle "family".

Dear Harry,

I would like to inform you personally that there will be new classes being offered this year; ones that you may find to your liking! An old student of mine has recently come back from visiting her home in America, and I have asked her to teach three classes at our school;

1. Weapon-studies

This class will study weapons used from different parts of the world, and during different eras, though I must say that she is very partial to Japanese swords and the like.

2. Weapons sparring

This class will show students how to use weapons efficiently against opponents among other things. I daresay that you will want to take both of these classes to get the full benefit. I am afraid that some students may get a little over excited however, and may hurt themselves in this class. Oh well though, this is where Madame Pomfrey becomes extremely helpful.

3. Martial Arts

As you might know, hand to hand combat is something seen a lot these days, wouldn't you say Harry? Why just the other day, I saw two normal, respectable wizards go at it over a silly little feud on whether it was possible for the Wasps to win without Mr. Bagman…but I `m falling from the subject. Anyhow, the point of that story is that knowing how to defend one's self from an angry wizard with a chair does come in handy at times.

All of these classes were once taught at Hogwarts, but were discontinued for a while from the increase of injury, and lack of skele-grow.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer then, and think about those new classes. You can sign up for them as soon as your new list of books is delivered,

Dumbledore

P.S. Now that I look over it, that explanation about Martial Arts really doesn't make much sense, does it?

Harry smiled, then returned the letter to his desk, and focused on the homework that his teacher had mercilessly given him for the summer.

"Ok, witch-burnings…"

Hogwarts

Off in the distance, a tiny speck in the darkening sky continued to grow larger as it neared the grounds of Hogwarts. Soon, the figure of a person on a broom could be made out in the lingering sunlight. Finally reaching its destination, the witch landed soundlessly on the soft grass and approached the looming castle with quick footsteps. As soon as she reached the door though, it flew open on its own accord, as if knowing who she was. After blinking away the sudden burst of light coming from inside the entrance hall, the witch was able to see the outline of…

"Dumbledore!"

The headmaster smiled as he took in the young witch before him. With jet black hair that shimmered to her waist, pretty green eyes, and flawless skin, she was a sight to behold; and he smiled and said,

"Catherine Hunter, it's so good to see you again!"

Far away, a boy had just seen the news, and was currently looking at a picture of a wanted murder named "Sirius Black"…