Fan Fiction ❯ One with the Music: Picking up the Pieces ❯ Shattered Lives ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One with the Music: Picking up the Pieces
By Aden Silverflame
Proofed By Torrent Silverpelt
Characters © Owners, they know who they are.
 
Chapter 1
 
It had been a few weeks since Kurt had run out on me, the hardest weeks of my life. Basically alone I just sat and waited, hoping I would see him at the club again, or at the store. But that wasn't the case; it was as if he just vanished into thin air. If it wasn't for my roommate Kiz I'd be totally alone.
“Yo Kaz, you would not believe the time I had... Kaz?” the other fairy looked down at me as I slumped in the chair in the living room. “Whoa Kaz... you look awful.”
I groaned and sat up to reach for a glass of water. “I feel awful...” I glanced down at my hand and arm, pale as a sheet.
“Kaz... look at me...” Kiz turned my eyes up to his and sighed seriously “what did he do to you?”
I shivered and my eyes welled up and with conviction I didn't know I had, I knocked the bigger fairy's hand away from me. “You have no idea what I've been through! Leave me alone!”
Kiz looked shocked although his eyes were still stern. This was the first time I had ever raised a hand to him. “Kaz! Never do that again... I'm trying to help you.”
I tried to shout at him but my words ended in a coughing fit, ever since Kurt had left I was wasting away, pale from lack of sun, thin from lack of food and worn from lack of sleep. I was a shadow of what I used to be.
“Kaz... I've known you for ages. You're like a little brother to me. If something is hurting you this bad, you need to tell me so we can work it out. The power of the fairies has been fading, you know that, and the magic of life can't sustain us like it used to. We need to eat, be in the sun... the more you stay in that chair the more you're killing yourself.”
“Maybe I wanna die, Kiz...” I mumbled gently.
Soon I found his hand across my cheek “Smarten up you subi little bitch! He was a human, like you said; how could you possibly hope to make that work huh? And honestly, you're the bounce back queen, can't you just forget him and move on... it's not as if you've... chosen... him... oh don't tell me... you... you did didn't you?”
I cringed and nodded gently; having chosen someone to bond with I was now unable to forget, unable to move on until his death. “I... he... he felt like the one Kiz... he... treated me like I... I've never been treated.”
He sighed and sat beside me on the edge of the coffee table “Tell me about him, Kaz...” I could tell I had really upset him.
“He's tall and handsome, strong... but soft... his eyes just look so deeply into you, like he studies everything about you in a brief moment. Everything he does just... makes me warm inside, I can't stop thinking about him. Then when I had pushed him right to the edge... he... Broke free of my control, he had sex with me because he wanted to. And... He was the first to be there when I woke up, he didn't leave me.”
“Kaz... I don't know what possessed you to do what you did, it's been centuries since any fae have taken a human to bond with, he knows nothing of our world and even less about you... but I think I know what to do to cheer you up.” Kiz reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pair of tickets. “I got these from this really mean Leprechaun in a game of strip poker... don't ask... it's tickets to this year's fae ball which happens to be tonight. I was going to take that nice Triton I met last week but... since you're in such bad shape. Did you wanna go with me like in the old days?”
My eyes brightened a moment, he hadn't offered to take me to the ball for at least a millennia. “S-sure Kiz... thanks.” I managed to get to my feet and he patted me on the shoulder.
“You never know what you might come across at the ball, Kaz. I'm sure you'll have a good time.”