Fan Fiction ❯ Only a Picture ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own Kingdom Hearts or any of the characters. Only the poems are mine and only mine. Thank you.

 

Author’s Note: Hello everyone! Thank you for all the reviews! Enjoy the next chapter!

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

You think I’m always happy

You think I’m always bright

But you’ve never seen me cry at night

Wishing for an angel

On a star up above

Hoping someone will answer me

Hoping I’m not left in the dark

I’m not always happy

I’m not always bright

Can’t you see the sorrow in my eyes tonight?

Will someone listen?

Will someone care?

Will I be left in the dark…?

With nobody there?

I’m not always happy…

I’m not always bright…

Just for one day

I want to cry…

And finally be done with it…

Forever…maybe tonight…

--by Mandeth

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Happiness…

A heartless shaped as a boy’s ex-best friend walked through the dark hallways in the place it could only call home, clutching the very thing it was joyous about. The necklace in his hand felt cold against his already chilled black skin and its amber orbs glittered with what could only be pure bliss. It knew his master would be happy…he knew his master would love him for the present he would give to his bitter master. It couldn’t wait!

Far more animated than it had ever been previously in its entire life, Heartless Sora practically bounced his way to his master’s room, wondering how his master will repay him for his wonderful deed. He was a good heartless! Heartless Sora was the best heartless ever!

The heartless paused in mid-step and felt a sudden chill draft into the hallway. His amber orbs peered into the darkness, but he saw nothing, until a pale hand clasped his shoulder and it jumped back, clearly startled. He glanced up to face the woman master hated with a passion. It was Maleficent.

“Ah…you are one of the boy’s creations…” Her silky voice, made the heartless shudder under her touch and the witch’s lips twitched into a scheming smirk. “You must have done something wonderful to be as joyous as you are…”

Yes! Heartless Sora will make Master happy! Heartless Sora has hurt Master’s other and taken something dear to Master’s other…Master will be pleased…

“Pleased you say?” The witch drawled her smirk continuous. “How do you know this?” She questioned and the Heartless seemed taken back, pondering in his head. “What if your master despises you for what you did…?”

But Master said for Heartless Sora to bring Master back a present…Heartless Sora brought something for Master! Maybe you are wrong!

The witch scowled and brought down her scepter before the heartless and Heartless Sora jumped back, wide-eyed.

“Now listen to me…” She paused and smiled. “I know you want to please the boy…so I may have something that can help you…”

The Heartless’ head perked up and it waited for the witch to explain. Maleficent pinned the heartless with her stare and she began.

“I know you wish to become closer to your master and I shall help you.”

Really? Will Master forget about Master’s other and like Heartless Sora?

“Yes…and the boy will be most pleased…”

What does Heartless Sora need to do?

“Bring the keyblade master’s heart to me…and I shall help you…”

The Heartless’ amber eyes twinkled with a new goal before him and he was about to walk passed the witch, but was abruptly stopped and it spun around as the scepter blocked his way.

“Do not tell the boy of our plan…let it be our little secret…”

The Heartless nodded and skipped off, leaving an amused Maleficent.

As the black hand turned the knob of the door, Heartless Sora opened the door and peered into the darkness once more, feeling the coldness of his master’s room.

He could not sense his master.

Silently stepping into the cool room, the heartless pondered what Maleficent had in store for it…

It had given the witch its trust so willingly.

Stepping into the shadows (so as to feel some comfort in this eerily calm place), Heartless Sora didn’t hear the footsteps approaching the door until the door slammed open. His amber eyes followed the said master he was searching for, but his master didn’t seem too happy at the moment.

“What if the witch is RIGHT?” Pacing around the chilly room, Riku couldn’t help but feel watched as he ranted and raved. “What if she is right about that stupid picture? There could always be a possibility…”

Suddenly, Heartless Sora was very confused…

“NO! He is my enemy…it would never be true…Sora hates me…”

The Heartless was suddenly overjoyed.

“But…what if he doesn’t?”

Sadness.

Riku growled, balling up his fists. “He’s only looking for Kairi…and I’m only getting in the way.”

Happiness.

“I have to find out…do I really love him? Does he have the same feelings? UGH! I’m so confused…” Gripping his silver hair with gloved covered hands, Riku pulled and stifled a scream of pain.

Glaring, the Heartless finally made his appearance, hiding the necklace behind his back.

Master…I have brought you a present.

Gradually letting his hands fall to the side, Riku turned, brow rising in question. Hesitantly, the Heartless trailed over toward his master, uncovering the necklace from behind his back. Wide-eyed, Riku snatched the necklace from his Heartless’ hand and traced a finger over the crown pendant. The Heartless watched in fascination as his master seemed to become joyous…

That was until…

“How did you get this?” Riku asked, fumingly and Heartless Sora cowered from his master’s venomous gaze. “Did you hurt him…?”

Master said for Heartless Sora to bring Master a present…Heartless Sora took necklace from Master’s other…Heartless Sora thought Master would be happy…

Riku glanced back down toward the necklace and smirked, plan obviously forming in his head. “Maybe…this will work out after all…”

So Master is pleased?

“Ah…very much so…” Riku turned his back to his creation. He wrapped his fingers around the necklace and smirked. “You have done well, Heartless Sora…”

That was all the heartless ever wanted to hear.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Warmth…

The brunette keyblade master wasn’t in the cold, wet, gunky mud anymore, but instead in the same bed he had jumped out of in hopes of finding his lost treasure. Lifting his hand towards his neck, he sighed, finally calm about losing his necklace.

I have to get it back, but what’s the chance of me finding it again? Someone stole it…Leon maybe knows! I could ask him!

The said older male (coming out of the kitchen), rushed over toward Sora, asking him if he was alright.

“Yeah…I think so…” Sora began, grasping the bed sheets and twisting them in his hands. “Who took it Leon…?”

Sora wasn’t even expecting the answer he got.

“A heartless…”

“Wha…?” He gave Leon a perplexed look, watching the older man.

Leon grunted, crossing his arms as he tore his gaze away from Sora to look at the wooden floor boards. “I honestly don’t know why…the heartless had the chance to take your heart…why didn’t it?” It was more a question that he directed to himself, but Sora answered it.

“Someone wanted it, maybe?”

“Maybe…but why a necklace?”

Sora looked down, shrugging his shoulders. “I don’t know…” It was the truth, Sora honestly didn’t know and that’s what nagged him in the back of his mind.

I have a bad feeling about this…

Leon sighed, casting a hand through his shaggy brown locks. “It makes no sense…”

Silence.

“Sora, who knows about the necklace?”

Sora paused, pondering. “Umm…you, me, Kairi, and…Riku.”

“Didn’t you say he was there when you were inside Monstro?”

“Yeah…and he was different too…I didn’t like it…”

“He controls the Heartless now, doesn’t he?”

“Yes…” Breathing out his answer, Sora closed his eyes, not liking the possibility it was Riku.

What if it is him? What am I going to do…?

Walking towards the window on the far side of the room, Leon rested his elbows on the sill, gazing out the said window. Once again, the room was filled with silence, which got Sora thinking.

I know Riku is my enemy, but…I wish it wasn’t true…why else would a Heartless take my necklace…when will I see Riku again?

Sitting up in the comfy bed, Sora shook his head. This wasn’t supposed to happen…why was this happening?

With out words, Leon turned, staring at the younger boy in his bed. “Sora.”

“Huh?”

“Remember what you must do…you’re the Keyblade master…”

“I know…”

I know…

“Get some rest…you’ll need it…” With that, Leon looked over to Sora and went back into the kitchen, where Sora could faintly catch the scent of some fresh baked cookies.

GGGGRRRRRRRRR!

Blushing, Sora placed a hand on his hungry stomach. How long had it been since he had eaten? A day? Two days?

Pushing the thoughts of food away, Sora laid back down on the bed, gazing up at the ceiling. What was he going to do?

Why is Riku doing this to me? I thought we were friends…why have we suddenly become enemies? It makes no sense…

Frustrated tears welled up in his cobalt eyes, Sora violently brushed them away. There was no reason to cry…none at all!

Turning on his side, Sora closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down, despite the tears falling from his closed spheres of blue.

First all of us are taken from home, then we’re all separated and when I finally see Riku, he’s my enemy! That’s just great…when will this ever end…?

Flipping to his other side, Sora nuzzled his pillow, trying to feel the comfort of sleep and fly away from his nightmare called life…but…he couldn’t sleep.

Opening his puffy red eyes, Sora shook his head, sliding off the bed. He shuffled over toward the only window in the little room and gazed outside, looking up at a lone star up in the vast black sky.

I wish…I could see Riku again…I want to find Kairi…I wish we could all leave together! I wish I could go home…

Wiping another tear that was drifting down his damp cheek, Sora felt like the world’s biggest cry baby right about now…

I can’t believe I’m crying…stupid heartless that stole my necklace…

Sora wrapped his arms around his slender body and sighed, still gazing up at that little star. All the other stars were on either side of it, but were so much farther away.

“Sora?”

The said brunette turned, gazing at the man who voiced his name. “What?”

Leon sighed, as if he knew how Sora felt.

He just doesn’t understand…

“Are you hungry?”

Sora’s eyes instantly lit up. He quickly nodded his head and felt his lips twitch into a small smile. “Yeah.”

Leon motioned for him to follow him and Sora did just that, filling his stomach with fresh chocolate chip cookies.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Jumping from one slippery rooftop to another, the figure and its companion stopped and jumped to the ground below, landing in a crouching position. The figure’s companion landed on its feet.

“Come…”

The companion followed the figure as quickly as possible, as the figure bounded down a dark alley in between rows of houses, cloak flowing freely behind him. It opened the entrance into the third district and was met with the house he hoped to find.

Venturing towards the outside wall of the house, the figure leaned its lean, but muscular back on the cold wall, scooting closer and closer to the one window that overlooked the third district.

Faintly, the figure could see the person looking out of it.

The figure was the predator…

The boy was the prey…

…and nothing could stop the figure from watching the brunette crying while looking out the said window.

The figure showed no remorse, nor did it possibly care. All it wanted to do was gain a little information on the boy he would soon destroy. Even though the boy he currently possessed was fighting his way to regain consciousness, the figure pushed the spirit of the boy back, stifling his laughter for later.

There was another matter to attend to first…

The boy he currently possessed…this silver-haired god of some sorts seemed to have a small fascination with the Keyblade master…

That would be no good when the figure destroyed him…

Besides…once the Keyblade master was destroyed, the boy he possessed would surely cease fighting with him and finally give in to the wandering darkness.

That was the plan…

If only he had his original body back…he could do so much more damage than this little nuisance of a boy.

However, the companion could only think of the devious plan to take the Keyblade master’s heart. He wanted his master to love him…but what did the witch have in store for the heartless shaped as a boy?

As the heartless stood there, it watched its odd acting master. There was something weird. Maybe it was this mass of power emitting his master’s form? What ever it was…the heartless was mildly aware of it.

“Let’s go…I’ve seen enough…”

Heartless Sora looked at his master, perplexedly. Why were they just suddenly leaving?

The heartless would never know…

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Alright, short chapter, but the next one will be totally better. I wrote this fanfic listening to ‘Devil Inside‘ by Utada Hikaru and I was like ‘Wow!’ What an awesome song for this chapter, why? I don‘t know O.o…anyway! REVIEW!! REVIEW!! REVIEW!! Please? X3