Fan Fiction ❯ The Apprentice ❯ Chapter 2: Life At Guardian Castle Years Before ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Apprentice

By: ChocolateEclar

Chapter 2: Life At Guardian Castle Years Before

Before I met Orko my life revolved around living in an orphanage in New York City. It wasn't really that bad living there, not like the movies where the kids are being abused. No, it was just normal and boring.

I was sent to the orphanage after my parents died, when I six months old. My full name at the time was Kimberly Costant and I was known as 'the Rebel' at the orphanage. Even as a toddler I was rebellious and hot-tempered.

My parents were thought to be a librarian and a player in a small local band. They supposedly were both rebels themselves and ran away together to marry in Paris, France. At the time they both were only seventeen! My mom was a simple librarian who dreamed of being an actress and my dad wanted to make it big someday and become a rock star.

My mom was my direct descendent of King Arthur Pendragon himself. I'm his great, great, great, great, great, great granddaughter and Orko saw him in me.

You may be wondering how Tit, only a little four year old, became part of the occupants of Guardian Castle. It's a long story, but basically it went like this. She's from Tankaru and is one of the planet's Felious, or cat creatures. Feliouses have cat like features (for example Tit's cat ears) and all of them have two cat-like fanged teeth that hang slightly over their top lips.

So when I went to visit Tankaru, the year before, I found this little kitty munchkin, who wouldn't stop following me. In the end I was charmed by her and took the fellow orphan home with me. Bad move. She was considered a sort of goddess among the Felious and I was accused of stealing her. So when I go to Tankaru from now on I have to use a different name. I use a different name anyway but now I had to change to another one. My old Tankaru name was Kalla but I changed it to Kammo. I have these different names because Kimberly can't be translated into the other planets' languages.

I couldn't return Tit either because she just didn't want to go back. Her full name is actually…well it's hard to say (or for that matter spell, but anyway…) it's really Titimanolaytifa Low. Why her first name couldn't be as short as her last name I don't know, but I do know in native Tankaru it means 'One who will always show us to the light.' Well anyway Orko let me take her in as long as I took good care of her.

One month later I met Adam. Boy, was he a pest at first. He's a genius and made a cool watch that could transport him anywhere he wanted. So he used it to go to Guardian Castle and meet Orko. In the beginning all he did was say things like, "Wow the Guardian can even do that?" and "The Guardian is even more amazing than I thought possible." Then he found out his idol was getting old and really bizarre. (I suppose eight hundred years can do that to you.) So now Adam just keeps hanging out with us. Of course we get rid of him at night though.

Another thing you may be wondering is how exactly is Orko eight hundred years old. Well one of the odd perks of being Guardian is you get to live forever as long as someone doesn't kill you. So Orko had been able to live that long without getting murdered.

Orko had taught me loads of spells and information on the dimensions. I enjoyed learning that stuff and it really came quite easily for me. And much later when Adam came he even taught me some computer stuff I found really interesting as well. So life in Guardian Castle was really exciting for me, but it hit its peak when Orko began explaining my strange connection to King Arthur. So on my tenth birthday, just two years after I came to live with him, he explained to me the fact that King Arthur Pendragon was my own ancestor. I had learned about King Arthur in books when I was at the orphanage and he had fascinated me, but I never thought he was my own flesh and blood. It amazed me and made me understand somewhat why I was so unique to him.

After that day, things would never be the same. Orko, soon after, would take me to Jeraci for the first time. I was fascinated by it's awesome technology and really was fond of it. He also took me to Tankaru, which I felt kind of was like it was suspended in history, the way it never changed, forever staying simple.

I would always remember these happy times…

*********************************************************************** *

A/N: Thank you to my one reviewer luvheart. I hope you liked this chapter. I updated soon didn't I? ^_^

A/N 2: This chapter was really short but I didn't feel it fit with the following chapter…

A/N 3: Anyway, please review even if it's to flame, just review anyway. I'll try to post the next chapter soon. Bye!