Fan Fiction ❯ We Met in a Dream ❯ Thursday, September 14 The dream world /part 3 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(Changing into a girl, pig or any other animal with water as well as a few characters Akito talks about are from Ranma 1/2. Ranma 1/2 is owned by Rumiko Takahashi.)

Chapter 8:

Darien had stopped running, taking a few breaths, then leaned up against the edge of a bridge overlooking a narrow river. He breathed a sigh of releif as he was safe from the situation, for the time being anyway. He didn't want to admit that he was the pig to Mellissa. After all If he had, well, that would be just embarressing. It was hard enough that Otaru already figured it out.

The way Darien felt being held in Mellissa's arms and the sweetness of her character just made Darien feel very secure and warm inside. But this was just impossible. She's with Otaru. Admittedly it had started to seem the two didn't get along, but still that doesn't mean he would be aloud to have feelings for Mellissa. Darien knew his feelings were wrong for Mellissa, but at the moment he just couldn't help it.

Darien wandered off the bridge and down the next street. His pace slowed again and he stopped, looking into the sky. He sighed.

"Darien Hart! I challenge you to a duel!" a voice shouted from his right. A boy with sunglasses and a blue robe jumped down from the side of a fence post. Darien fell to his left, face first onto the ground, to avoid him as the tip of the boy's toe damaged the walkway surface. The robed fighter took a stance, his arms raised in the air, prepared for his next attack. His long black hair swung just slightly in the breeze.

Darien turned around, still lying on the ground. "Wh-who are you?" he asked nervously.

"Ha! I am one who greatly deserves the affection you have. Blessed with what you call a curse. The ability to turn into such an animal makes me jealous and unless you are prepared to let me in on your secret, I shall defeat you," the boy in the robe answered with great confidence in his voice.

Darien's eyes grew. He didn't know how to fight. His only option was to run, that is if he could get up fast enough to avoid harm.

------------------------------------------------

"N ow look here Otaru! Are we going to continue to argue about this stupid jealousy of yours or are we going to explore this dream and help Darien?" Mellissa asked, her face still red with anger from the argument.

Otaru stopped yelling at that momment. He didn't have anything more to say, becuase she was right. We had to check the place out. That and if he were to help Darien he wouldn't need to feel jealous anymore.

He sighed. "Yeah, I guess you're right," he said with his head pointed to the floor. "He turned his head to the direction that he last saw Akito. "Ak...where'd he go?" He wasn't there. "Dammit! I bet that little sneak took off," Otaru said with a slight growl, annoyed with him.

Mellissa started to turn her head the other way, to where she last saw Megumi, and said, "Megumi, did you see...Megumi?" She wasn't there, either. Mellissa turned back to Otaru. She place her hand on the back of her head and laughed, "She must have left with Akito when we were arguing."

"That's just great. Now what are we supposed to do?" Otaru said, frustrated.

"They couldn't have gotten far. Let's go!" Mellissa said turning around and motioning for Otaru to follow.

The two ran out the door. They looked down both ends of the street. Otaru could see some movement to the right. "This way," he said, almost pulling Mellissa with him.

"Hey! Wait for us!" Mellissa called out. They continued running towards the two.

Up ahead Akito had heard the voice behind he and Megumi. Just as he turned around, Otaru and Mellissa were practically in front of them.. Otaru came to a quick stop swinging his girlfriend inot Akito. She landed on top of him with a loud bang. They both rubbed their heads, but as Akito looked up he could see Mellissa's chest. Almost like a reflex reaction, he reached out to touch them.

Mellissa screamed and punched him in the face. "Pervert!" she shouted with an intense growl. She soon got up and dusted herself off.

Akito lied there on the ground his face beet red with the indentation of her fists. His fingers and arms twitched. Otaru was almost ready to clobber him himself, but it didn't matter since She took care of it or him.

Megumi had her hand over her mouth as she had watched the scene. "Wha-what'd he do?" she said, surprised. She didn't have full eye sight of what Akito had done. She reached down to help Akito up just as Mellissa explained herself.

"The pervert grabbed me, so I let him have it," Mellissa said.

Akito was back up on his feet, but a little wobbley at first. He was sort of greatful to Megumi for helping him up.

"Did either of you find Darien?" Otaru asked.

Megumi sighed. "No. I'm afraid we haven't found him yet," she replied.

"I hope he hasn't run into any trouble," Mellissa said, worried.

Otaru looked at Mellissa, still feeling a tinge of jelousy. He was starting to wonder if she had feeling for Darien. Things were already starting to look down to him.

They went on their way to search for Darien, hoping they'd find him before it was too late.

------------------------------------------------

Yuki continued behind her faithful cat, Charlie. He kep his pace constant, not even bothering to stop and look for trouble. His pace was unwavered and confident. This started to bother Yuki. 'Why was Charlie so confident?' she thought to herself. This was a scary place and she had already been attacked. It was then she thought that maybe Charlie wasn't all that he said he was. Yuki stopped in her tracks.

The cat took notice of this instantly and stopped as well. He turned around. "Yuki? What is it? Why did you stop?" he asked.

Yuki stepped back a little and just stared at him. "Y-you aren't ... I mean this isn't a trap is it?" she said nervously, taking a few more steps back.

Charlie sweat dropped with his eyes narrowed. He sighed. "Your confidence in me is faltering, now?" he asked her. He turned his head forward again, away from Yuki. 'I guess this means we must hurry. I fear her stability is faltering even further. If I do not get her to this place soon, she will be lost again, this time forever,' he thought.

He turned his head back around to Yuki. "Ok, listen again. This is your dream. You beleived that I was your friend and in your heart I know you still beleive that," the cat said. "I sense that you are becoming more fearful. Am I right, Yuki?" he continued to asked her.

Yuki nodded.

"Listen to me and listen to me well. If you do not place your confidence in yourself, which I know that you are not up to right now, then you must trust me. Right now I am your only chance," Charlie said trying to gain her confidence once more. "Do you understand?" he asked, hoping that this would give her just enough strength to get her to the place he knew of.

Yuki closed her eyes and gulped. He was right that he still deeply beleived him. And he was also right when he said that he was probably her only way out. Even if this was a trap this was her only choice. Yuki regained her composure and started to walk again.

Returning to his walk towards a dark sacred structure, Charlie sighed. That was a close one. He was afraid that he had lost her back there. What would he have done if she had run away? Would he have chased her? If he had to chase her, she'd see that as a threat. But there was no need to think about this as she was still following him.
Converting /tmp/phpiZ697g to /dev/stdout