Fan Fiction ❯ We Met in a Dream ❯ Thursday, September 14 - The Dream World /part 4 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(Changing into a girl, pig or any other animal with water as well as a few characters Akito talks about are from Ranma 1/2. Ranma 1/2 is owned by Rumiko Takahashi.)


Chapter 9:



Still on the ground, Darien looked at the young man. Darien gulped. He got up. Darien was a little surprised that the guy let him get up. He then turned around and was just about ready to run.


“Where the hell do you think your going? Aren't you going to fight me?” the boy shouted, his voice eagerly threatening Darien.


Darien didn't want to fight. He wanted to run. He wasn't about to stand up to this guy. It was obvious the boy was a fighter and Darein certainly wasn't. Darien took off.


The caped man soon followed. Darien kept running. He made his way to an alley, which had a dead end. “Dammit!” Darien said angrily. He kicked the wall. “Why does this stuff always happen to me?” he asked himself. It was a little unusual to feel this angry. Normally his fear overcame any anger he had. Maybe it was because of him thinking of Mellisa that some of his fear had alleviated.


The guy was right behind Darien. “The wall shouldn't be the target, Darien,” he said with arogance in his voice. “Come on let me see what you've got,” he spat.


Darien was pissed. He ran up to him with his fist held out right. His fury would not allow him to lose.


He just walked out of the way and Darien tripped and fell. “DAMMIT!” he yelled as he got back up again, spitting some blood to the ground. Darien quickly got back up again.


“My turn,” the boy said taking a stance. He then walked up to Darien and threw a right punch, which Darien immediately blocked with his right arm. Darien's arm immidiately ached, but it wasn't over. The boy threw anotehr punch and Darien was on the ground yet again.


“Darien!” a voice shouted.


Darien and the guy looked over to see Otaru, Melissa, Megumi, and Akito rushing towards them.


The boy immidiately noticed Melissa and walked up to her. “There you are my love,” the boy said taking the stance, that of a great poetic speaker.


Melissa backed up and blushed. She didn't know what to say, but she certainly wasn't interested in him. After all she was with Otaru. 'Oh forget him!' she thought, remembering how angry she was with him earlier.


“Ok, who is this?” Megumi asked, tapping Melissa on the shoulder. “Someone you know?”


“Haha!” Akito laughed. “Probably another boy she's in love with in the real world,” Akito said jokingly.


Melissa quickly swung her arm backwards, clanching her fist and smacking Akito over the head.


Akito fell on his butt. He rubbed his head in agony with both of his hands.


The boy edged closer to Melissa. “Come with me and we shall gaze at the stars above in sweet...” he continued.


“Ok, back off, asshole. She belongs to me!” shouted Otaru.


The boy turned to Otaru. “What? Two guys like her?” he asked. “That's simply not right.”


“Look, I don't belong to anyone, ok?!” Melissa said sternly.


Megumi backed off from Melissa. It made her uncomfortable seeing someone angry like this.


The boy simply ignored Melissa.


“Fine. Two on one. The more there are, the more challenging the fight is,” he said with a laugh.


“He's a shadow, Otaru,” Darien called out.


“So, he's not just another dreamer?” Otaru said. “Then, I guess we better take him completely down.”


Darien nodded.


The three stood there stareing each other down. They were sizing each other up and waiting for the first move. Momments passed and the shadow holding this boyish form made the first move toards Darien. He ran up to him, fist extended.


Darien concentrated hard. Things were changing in him. He thought of Melissa holding him in her arms. This guy made Darien mad. He jumped in the air high above the ground over the boy's head. The shadow in disguise put his fist through a high wall, Putting a hole in it.


Otaru was impressed by Darien's move. He hadn't realized that Darien had come so far. Of course Otaru didn't think of Darien's crush on Melissa. In fact he didn't think so much that Darien thought of her as much as he did. He was jelous of him, but had no idea of how Darien really felt about her, but this was, of course, not important at the moment.


“Wow, you've come a long way, Darien! When did you get so much courage?” Otaru shouted as he stared at Darien with his eyes wide.


At this point darien focused back on Otaru. He really shouldn't be feeling what he's feeling. It was wrong. Melissa wasn't his and fighting this evil shadow out of jelousy of him wasn't going to work any longer.


The boy jumped up on the concrete wall and jumped down towards Darien, aiming for his head. Darien's concentration was broken from the fight and at Otaru.


“Darien, watch out!” Melissa shouted.


Darien's concentration came back to him, but it was too late and he was knocked to the ground by the kick. The caped boy stood behind Darien.


Otaru realized that the shadow wasn't interested in fighting anyone else but Darien, so he backed off, figuring that Darien was really going to be able to handle this on his own for once.


While Darien was continuing to fight, Megeumi and Otaru noted that Akito had disappeared. “Where'd Akito run off to?” Meegumia asked. “He was right behind us...wasn't he?”


“Yeah, I remember he was here when the fight started,” said Megumi


He paused for a moment. “He's probably getting himself into some trouble,” Otaru commented.


“Maybe we should find out. We don't want another fight on our hands and he may have run into another shadow,” Megumi said cautiously.


Otaru sighed. 'Just great, he's probably going to lure another shadow to us and we'll be in even more touble,' he thought. “Megumi, you take this street and I'll look down this way,” Otaru said, trying to get everyone else to help search for Akito. “Melissa?” Otaru called, trying to get her attention and help.


Melissa was distracted by watching the fight between Darien and the strange boy that hit on her.


Otaru noted that Melissa wasn't paying any attention to him. He sighed. “Forget it!” he said angrily, before he ran off to search for Akito.


Melissa turned her head to see Megumi was gone and Otaru running off. “Huh?” she said, Otaru obviously not noticing.


It was then that Akito appeared on top the the concrete wall. By then Megumi and Otaru were gone. Otaru was just above and to the right of Darien and the boy, while they were fighting. Akito had a bucket of cold water in his hand. “Darien, I've got...whoah!” Akito called down to Darien, but he lost his balance and dropped the bucket. Getting both the boy and Darien wet. Melissa was astonished as Darien turned into a white pig and the boy turning into a shadow. The shadow started to take off, but Akito started to lose his balance once again. He fell from the wall covering his eyes in fear of knowing he was about to hit. He landed directly on the shadowy figure and it then dissipated into the air. It was defeated. Akito's eyes swirled as he was stunned by the landing.


Melissa ran up to Akito and picked his head up. “Are you alright?” she asked, concern in her voice. “Say something,” she said, shaking him.


Otaru's eyes started to open and he could see up Melissa's dress. “I can ... see your panties,” he said slowly with a smile.


Melissa dropped him and Akito's head hit the ground again with a thump. Akitos' eyes swirled once again.


“Pervert,” she spat with her face deeply angered.


Darien blinked and started to walk away. His secret was out, now and he felt ashamed.


Melissa remembered Darien at that moment and that he had just changed into a pig. She turned around and picked him up. “This will be our little secret, Darien,” she said to him.


Darien looked up into her eyes. He was confused. 'What did she mean? Was she really going to keep this from Otaru? And what about Akito, was he going to tell?' he thought and he started feeling very fearful again.



“Darien, can you hear me? It's me. Yuki,” she whispered, head bent down to the ground as she was kneeling. She repeated those words, yet again. She was getting no response. “Oh, Charlie, I give up! He can't hear me,” she moaned. She was really losing hope now. The cat had said that she could contact the one she thought of most here in this place. This place looked to be an old abandoned church and she was in the center of the sanctuary.


Charlie's head sunk. “He should be able to hear you, if his thoughts are on you,” he said. “Keep trying, he should eventually hear you and the two of you should be able to communicate,” he continued, hoping to reinforce her continued attempts.


“I've been doing this for a long time now. Just how long is this going to take?” she asked, still very frustrated.


“Time has no meaning here. Just keep it up,” Charlie replied. He paused a moment. “Perhaps alot is going on with him and his friends, that he has a hard time focusing on his goal. You, that is,” he added.


Yuki turned her head to Charlie. What he just said made her heart sink. She looked at the cat with sadness in her eyes.


Charlie looked up to her face. “I'm sorry. Just keep trying, ok? His friends should help him rescue you. That was their goal in the beginning, so don't worry,” He reassured her.


She started to feel much happier. “You mentioned Darien's friends. I thought I saw him alone in school the whole time. And how do you know he has friends now?” Yuki questioned.


“You're right. Darien was very much alone for awhile, but it seems he has met a few friends recently,” Charlie told her. The cat sat there a moment to think. He then continued, “I must tell you something, Yuki. I'm an angel and I have come to help you. Not only that, but I am here to help stop the evil that is possessing people's dreams.”


Yuki's happyness started to turn to concern. “What?... What do you mean?” she asked.


The cat's head pointed to the ground again. “I was chosen to find all of you. That is you, Darien and his friends. They are to stop demons from taking over people by their dreams. Their first step is to fight off the demons in their own dreams. The demons are trying to capture them bring them to their boss, Drezel, the nightmare king,” Charlie informed. “You, yourself, were almost captured. I had feared the darkness was going to swallow you up, so I used my power to protect you,” he continued.


Yuki thought for a momment before replying. This time she seemed a bit peeved. “You ran into the dark shadow as it was coming closer. Why did you do that? It's your fault I'm in here, now,” she said, her eyebrows folded. She was upset thinking that he had lured her here and now her trust in him was again leaving her.


Charlie had hoped she wouldn't come to this conclusion, but she would have eventually. “Yuki, listen to me. I am the only one you can trust right now. There is noone else. If you can't trust me, then all you have left is you and you're inner strength,” he reassured her.


He was right, but he still tricked her into being here. The only thing she thought she could do now, was follow him and just keep a watch on what he was going to do.


“I'm sorry I had to bring you here. The reason I did so was to coax Darien into fighting Drezel,” Charlie said hanging his head. “Darien doesn't have much inner strength, but believe me. He is the only one that can do this,” he said hoping that was all he need to to explain.


Yuki, again, was sorry for not trusting him. After all, he was getting her to try and communicate with Darien. Thinking about that, Yuki's trust continued to get better. “I shall continue,” she said as she went back to her continued attempts at contacting Darien.
Converting /tmp/phpdtZoCx to /dev/stdout