Fan Fiction ❯ When Two of Darkness Collide ❯ Prologue

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A man stands on a bluff, overlooking four graves, each in between the points of a big X imbedded in the ground. His face is cloaked by a cherry-blossom tree, a few, small rays of light hitting his face through the petals. All that’s visible is the man’s silhouette, roughly six foot, a slightly larger-than-normal build and black, spiked hair. His fist is clenched and you can see the hilt of his sword over his right shoulder. A gentle breeze blows the petals of the cherry-blossom tree that bathes the man in shadow towards him. The petals ignite and burn to ash as they get within a few inches from his face. The slight blaze gives enough light to show his face, and the two noticeable characteristics are a cross-shaped scar on his cheek, and piercing blood-red eyes.
The man walks away into the early dusk. Remembering what those graves, and the freshly planted black X, represents. The four graves are that of his mother, father, childhood friend, and adopted little brother. His father, a fire demon that fell for a human, left demon-world and took human form. He was killed by a friend who called him a traitor and a disgrace to demons. His mother, killed for being simply that, his mother, the mother of a half demon. His childhood friend, Yokano, was killed by the same demon that killed his mother and father, but he, to get the young half-demon’s attention. Talcan, only twelve at the time, killed the demon, upon his powers’ awakening during the second half of the fight. The demon, killed, his life undone by the blade of Talcan’s late father, now his.
The fourth grave, and the most recent, is the grave of the adopted little brother, Andrew. Andrew was killed a few months after the adoption, and a few months after the fifteenth anniversary of the first three’s deaths. Andrew was killed as a clue, and as a fuel source for Talcan’s anger. Left by a demon Talcan fought, beat, thought he killed, and left to die. The demon healed his self, became twice as strong, and became leader of a gang of demons. He was slain by Talcan shortly following Andrew’s death.
The large, black X implanted in the ground surrounding the graves is to signify that with the passing of the four, the only four souls that Talcan ever cared about, died Talcan’s sense of caring, love, and sense of humanity. These were the only four people close to his heart, where feeling and gentleness had once been, now a dark chasm. With the death of these four, so came the death of Talcan’s ‘light’ side, leaving only darkness in it’s wake.


***


In Tirasashi City, a 17-year-old boy stands on top of the highest building overlooking the whole city. He has red eyes, black hair that goes down to his lower back, and orange markings on his face, chest and arms. He's not wearing a shirt, making the markings on his chest visible, he only wears black baggy pants, shoes, and a red head band, along with a katana resting in it's sheath strapped to his back.
This boy is none other than Halo, once a hero, until that fateful day when it seemed as if the world he risked his life for turned on him. A powerful demon killed the person who was closest to his heart, Rila, his girlfriend. It was then that Halo turned away from the light, and let his half demon heritage take over and turned him to the path of darkness and evil.
Halo soon got revenge on the demon for what he did, along with blowing up a whole city in the process. Now Halo moves around all the time, steeling and killing whenever he feels the need to, getting revenge on the world for turning on him.



Converting /tmp/phphbHaOL to /dev/stdout