Fan Fiction ❯ Winterania ❯ A New Era Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Konnichwa everyone and I just want to let you know that this is my first fanfic on mediaminer, so go easy on me. No flames please, but please review. This story will be a long one, so I hope that you enjoy it. I'll shut up now.
 
A New Era Begins
 
"Shaman, aren't you ready yet?" I cried into my brother's room as I pulled on my jacket. The warm sunlight fell upon me through my window and I automatically knew that today would be a day that I would never forget. Today we were going outside of the Barrier. I had been waiting for this day my whole life, ever since we found out that we were the ones who had to do it. I, Shadow Muraki had figured out a way to sneak past my parents and get outside of the ice walls.
"Shaman, you better hurry up or I'll zap you with a lightning bolt," I screamed down the hallway where he was.
"All right you evil little sister, I'm coming." I loved getting on his nerves. Ever since I was little, I had the gift of a powerful amount of magic. My brother had it too, but he could barely even form water, let alone do any powerful spells.
" I'm only four minutes younger than you, so why don't you stop bragging and get a move on," I replied to his sarcasm. He has always nailed me for being the younger twin, but I always take it as a blessing, because if I weren't the younger one, we would have nothing to do with the prophecy.
See, the week before we were born a prophecy was made that we would be born on Christmas Eve, and we would be the saviors of Winterania. Ever since we were born, we have been training to fulfill the prophecy. When we were little, we hated it, but after a while, we realized that if we weren't training, we would never get to leave Mount Shiannia.
"Shaman, I'm leaving right now. You better find your own way to get past the guards," I called to my brother. He ran into the kitchen just as I was walking out the door. "Okay," I said. "You can travel with me, just keep quiet until we get over the security system." He nodded, and then we walked out the door.
The streets in our down were becoming more and more deserted each day. Everyone was in fear that we wouldn't fulfill the prophecy, so they started to move out of Winterania. Even some of my best friend's families, like Seth's family, and Cara's moved away. Seth and Cara stayed even though their parents left. They say that they're behind us every step of the way, but I have a feeling that they doubt us, and they're only here so they can protect us.
Even the guards of the walls have started leaving our town. Almost no one believes that we can do anything to protect our village. "All right, here's the plan. First we walk around the administrative building. After, we sneak past the morning guards, and then, we deactivate the wall's power so we can get across. Okay?'
"Or we could just sneak out the hidden door in the side of the mountain and then deactivate the wall's power. I can't believe that you missed that door." My older brother has explored every inch of our underground village, but he only found the secret door last week. He and his friend Jackson were pushing each other into the wall, when Jackson fell out of the door and down the mountain. If the walls weren't there to catch him, he would have died.
"Okay, fine. We'll do it your way I suppose." And that's when he wouldn't stop smiling. It would get pretty annoying after five or six hours on the road. We were heading to the United States of America, or the U.S.A. as others call it. We traveled through the town quietly, so no one could hear us. When we got to the secret door, we took a break. After taking a break, we grabbed the door and proceeded to open it so we could leave our wretched hometown Winterania.
"Well look who we have here." Shit! While we weren't looking, the security guards snuck up on us and suspected us of whatever. The bigger one grabbed Shaman while the little one proceeded to grab me.
"Shadow, open the door with a water blast and get out. I'll catch up, okay." I jumped over the guards, and threw a blast of water at the door. The door opened and I ran out. The guards ran after me, but I slammed the door closed in their faces. From there, Shaman teleported outside of the mountain. Teleportation is the only thing that he's good at.
"That was fun wasn't it?" I asked my brother. He nodded quietly. He was summoning Seth and Cara to join us on our trip. "They're not going to come, so we better go," I quietly told him. He already knew that, but he still insisted on trying. I still can't believe that he has that enormous crush on my BFF, Cara. I can't blame him though, because I have the exact same one on Seth.
All of a sudden, the secret door popped open. We turned around to see Cara and Seth looking at us. "You guys weren't going to leave without us were you?" Cara asked. I laughed, and she came running up to me. "We're best friends, so we stick together, okay?"
"Okay!" I responded. The four of us then set off together to defeat the killer Ice Wall that guarded our city from whatever our enemies were. Shaman grabbed Cara's hand, and they set off together, leaving Seth and I behind. "Glad you could join us," I said to Seth as we walked down the hill.
"Well, you know. Shaman's my best friend, so I have to stick with him, and you're his sister, so I want to stick with you too. What do you think we'll find in U.S.A.?" My face felt red, and I realized that I was blushing.
"I don't know, but our parents have been there before, so I guess that what they told us about it was pretty true. I think that they mentioned it as diverse when it wants to be, but amazing when it all sticks together." I started to slip on the ice around the mountain. The next thing I knew, I was losing my balance, ready to fall. We were in the rocky area, so if I fell down there, I was sure to die.
I completely lost my balance, and I started to slide down the mountain. I was too nervous to do any magic, so I lay there sliding on the snow helpless. "Shaman, Cara, Seth, Help Me!" I screamed. Shaman reached out to grab my hand, but missed, and I continued to topple down the hill. I closed my eyes thinking that that was the end of me, but when I reached out to touch the snow, I couldn't feel it. That was when I opened my eyes.
I was floating in mid-air. "Are these my powers of levitation?" I thought to myself, but I quickly realized that they weren't mine, they were Seth's. He directed me down to him, and then caught me in his arms. I felt ready to die in them. "Thank you for saving me," I said, happy that he cared about me as a friend.
"No problem. If I hadn't saved you, then I'm sure that your levitational powers would have kicked in." He set me down on a pile of snow, and I immediately got up. In front of us, Cara was fuming. She was really pissed that she couldn't save her friend, so she ran all the way down to the Ice Wall with Shaman without even looking back. When we approached the Ice Wall, we saw a horrible sight. The power to the Wall was shut down, permanently.
 
A/N: I hoped you liked it. Sorry if it wasn't good, but my dog just died, so it might be a little crappy. Please review!