Fatal Fury Fan Fiction ❯ South Town ❯ And You Are? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Here's chapter two! This chapter contains the introduction of two of the main characters. One is actually based on me and the other is based off of my friend.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: King of Fighters along with all its characters is the property of Playmore Games.

()= thoughts

And You Are?

Achika sat in the library surrounded by old periodicals and reference books. She had narrowed her possibilities to several exact names; mostly those involved in politics and local crime. She was more than determined to discover the person who was threatening her father. Keeping it a secret from the Sakazakis, however, was becoming more and more difficult as the weeks went by. (I could probably get some answers from Master Takuma, but I don't want to get other people involved in this) she thought to herself as she gently tapped her pen on an issue of South Town's local paper.

"Ms. Himuro?"

"Yes?"

The librarian handed her some sheets of paper. "Here are the articles you requested. This must be for some research paper you're working on."

"Oh, thank you very much," Achika replied as she took the papers and placed them inside her notebook. "This could help me out in a big way." She glanced at the time. "Five already?"

Achika gathered her belongings and piled the material into a neat stack. As she walked out the library she noticed the other students. Two months had passed since she arrived in South Town. She managed to make a few friends here and there, but she mostly hung out with Yuri and her friends. Achika noticed one student surrounded with art books in particular; she was dressed in mostly black with the exception of a flannel shirt tied around her waist. Her shoulder length hair overshadowed her face, hiding most of her features except the fact she wore glasses. The young woman felt Achika's eyes on her and looked up at her with a look that said 'Either take a picture, or go away.' She tensed up a bit, feeling a bit uncomfortable. Achika was not accustomed to being around punks and other wilds types that lived in South Town. It surprised her that people, like the one she saw, were being accepted into the university. She shook her head, realizing that her own prejudice was getting the best of her. (She's probably an art student) Achika thought to herself. (They all seem to dress like that.)

Achika walked around the campus grounds, letting her eyes adjust to the sunlight. She found an empty bench and decided to read the articles that the librarian had given her earlier. She opened her bag only to find that the notebook was no longer there. "I must have left it in the library," she said to herself. Achika quickly stood on her feet.

"Excuse me," a female voice called.

Achika turned to see a young woman wearing a black trench coat, a white T-shirt, jeans, and black boots. Her long black hair was pulled into a ponytail topped off with a black ball cap. "Yes?"

"My sister found this at the table you were sitting at. Is it yours?" She held out Achika's notebook.

Achika sighed with relief. "Yes, it is. Tell her thank you very much, I almost had a heart attack."

"Achika Himuro, right?"

"Why yes," Achika replied, a bit surprised that the woman knew her name. "And you are?"

"People call me Torch," the woman replied with a friendly smile. "Torch Kipagami."

Achika was a bit confused. "'Torch?' That almost sounds like name for a pro wrestler or fighter or something like that."

"I get that a lot," she replied with good humor. "But pro fighter kinda fits. Well, I'm not exactly a pro, but I am a fighter."

Achika stood there for a few seconds. (She's some character all right, but in a way, she seems pretty cool. I like her attitude.) "You don't look like one."

"Don't let appearances fool you. You'd be surprised on who are and aren't fighters in this town," Torch laughed. "You really haven't been in South Town before have you?"

"I have... only I was about, say a kid," Achika replied in defense.

"Looks like you need someone who can show you the ropes," Torch said.

"I'm staying with the Sakazakis...."

"Them? Listen, they don't know the streets as much as I do, and you don't seem to fit in with that crowd you're with. How long have you been here?"

"Close to two months," Achika said as she sat down again.

Torch sat down on the other end of the bench. "Two months, huh? Have you ever been anywhere besides campus?"

"Well, not really," she replied. "Sakazaki-sama is rather strict and doesn't want me to go out alone. Kinda reminds me of my father."

Torch was silent. (She's a clean-cut kid. Chances are she probably won't survive for another month. Well...) "Achika, we really need to talk."

An hour passed as the two talked. Achika described her life with her father, trying not to reveal her real intentions of moving to South Town. Torch, in turn, told her about places she should avoid and where it was okay to be after a certain time. She even told Achika about the nightlife that South Town was known for. The clock began to strike six, interrupting their conversation.

"Oops, gotta get to work and oh, great.... I told Iris I was coming back to the library."

"Iris," Achika questioned.

"My adoptive sister. I'd better get back there," Torch said as she got up.

"Let me come with you. I want to thank her for finding my notebook."

When they entered the library, the librarian stopped them at the desk. "Torch, Iris wanted me to tell you that she went ahead and left for work. She noticed that you were busy talking and didn't want to interrupt."

"How long ago did she leave," Torch asked.

"Thirty minutes ago."

"Well, that does it. Maybe you'll catch her next time," Torch said. "She's always good at sneaking off and disappearing."

"In that case, thank her for me if you find her," Achika said as they left the library. "It's great meeting you, Torch. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow."

"You got it," Torch replied and waved.

"Achika," Yuri called out. "Hurry up, we'll be late for dinner."

"I'm coming," Achika answered back as she ran up to meet her friend.


That evening Achika was going through her notebook, reading the articles. "I guess that counts him out," she whispered and let out a disappointing sigh. "Maybe I'm going through this the wrong way. South Town is bigger than one could imagine. I need to find out how the politics around here work."

A knock on the door interrupted her train of thought. "Achika?"

"Yes, come in, Yuri."

"This came for you," she said and handed Achika a package.

"It's from my father. I hope he sent the right books this time." She opened the box to find the books and a rather large envelope. "That's more like it. Here's part two of the series."

Yuri took the book from Achika. "Thank you. I've been dying to read this. It's getting late, and you're rather busy, so I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks again!"

"Night, Yuri," Achika said. After the door shut, Achika focused her attention to the envelope. Inside was a letter to her and another envelope addressed to a "Master Yosho Kipagami? Kipagami... where did I hear that name before?"

Feb. 28, 1996
Achika,

I hope I sent the right books to you this time. I never realized how huge your personal library was. Anyway, I trust things are going well, and you haven't gotten into any trouble. I need you to do this for me. There is a respectable Master who lives in South Town named Yosho Kipagami. I have not spoken with him in years, and I would greatly appreciate it if you will personally delivery this letter to him. Also, if you have time, please check up on the estate. Call it a place to go if you need time to yourself. Staying at the Kyokugen school, I can only imagine how crazy things can get over there. Don't tell them I said that.
Well, please take care and hopefully I will see you soon.

Dad

"Kipagami," Achika kept repeating to herself. "Kipagami? Wasn't Torch's last name Kipagami? If not, then maybe she might know who he is." She placed the envelope into her bag so she wouldn't forget it. Achika then returned to her research with that thought running through her mind.





****
Well, that's the end of this chapter. C & C welcome. Please let me know what you think!