Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ashes Can Dance ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"....."

Kyra returned Teii's glare and slowly her lifted a pole into the air. Teii's lips curled back into a scowl as her eyes dimmed towards Kyra's.

"Girls, what do you think you're doing..?"

"Kyra? Oui ugyo?"

"She's not going to be okay when I'm through with her.. Cra'c hud kuehk du pa ugyo frah E's tuha fedr rah!"

Zid quickly grabbed Teii.

"What are you guys speaking in?"

"Al Bhed."

Kyra lowered her pole.

"Oh... Yeah dumb me..."

Zid rolled his eyes.

"Many Al Bhed came here... The new leader is a kid our age, Zid."

Kyra smiled to him and gave Teii an evil look.

"Wait a second? Could her name be Starki?! Or Salci?!"

Teii dropped her blitzball and looked over to Kyra.

"Yeah, they are both here."

"Those are my sisters!!"

Kyra sighed as Teii broke free from Zid's hold.

"Kyra please show me to them!"

Teii's eyes begged Kyra.

"Yari, cruf Teii du Starki."

Kyra looked over to the man who first attacked Zid. He nodded and looked towards Teii.

"Teii, E ys cunno vun ouin tyt..."

Teii nodded and her and Yari took off into the woods, leaving Zid and Kyra alone.

"What did all that mean?"

Zid was still very confused.

"Teii has sister's here. Her mother was Rikku and her father was Wakka that makes her sister the Al Bhed heir leader. They thought Teii had died since she stopped blitzing after Wakka's death."

Kyra sat down on a log and rested her elbows on her knees.

"Well, when Teii stopping blitz, that was my doing. I was training her to fight better. Then we um, kinda... You know."

"Fell in love?"

"Yeah..."

Kyra gaged at what Zid was telling her.

"You still act like a kid Kyra."

She merely laughed.

"What's so funny now Kyie?"

"Did you ever tell Teii that Yuna is your mother?"

"No..."

Zid looked down sadly, only to make Kyra laugh more.

"Did you know that Yuna and Rikku were cousins, so that makes you and Teii cousins..."

Kyra fell off the log laughing at Zid.

"What?!?!"

"Zid I new you'd do anything to get a girlfriend... But going that far to date your own family is a bit too far, isn't it?"

"Shut up Kyra..."

Kyra stood up and looked at Zid carefully.

"I missed you, a lot Zid.."

Zid blinked a few time shocked that Kyra admitted to that.

"Would you mind telling me what happened here Kyra?"

She slowly sat back down on the log and looked to Zid; who just took the place next to her on the log. Softly he placed his arm over her shoulders and pulled her close.

"I was praying in the temple for a sick monk to get well again then all of a sudden the sky went black. I got up to see what it was and I headed for the beach but father Tida told me to go hide underground with the Al Bheds. So I did what I was told. Then after about an hour of hiding I heard screaming and gun shots. So I got up and ran to above ground, then I saw fire and felt the smell of blood on my nose. Then everything, just... went... black..."

Kyra slowly was starting to trail off.

"And what about your looks? They changed... A lot."

"I dunno"

Kyra stood up.

"What'd ya mean you dunno?"

"They just did..."

"Looks don't just change Kyra, your hair and eyes..."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore..."

Kyra started to walk off into the woods then shot a look back at Zid.

"Coming?"

Zid got up and nodded, then ran to Kyra's side. She started to walk away only to feel a hand slip into her own. She turned to look at Zid, who just smiled to her. Soon they both took off into the woods together.

After about an hour of talking Kyra and Zid reached the Al Bhed outpost; where Starki, Salci, and Teii were bust talking and catching up on news.

"You left us you know Teii! I hate you! You should have died! Not mommy!"

Salci got up in a huff and took off to her tent on the other side of camp.

"...."

Teii sighed and looked at Starki.

"She''s been, down lately. Don't mind her."

Starki smiled to Teii who folded her arms, then her eyes crossed Kyra and Zid's path; who just released hands.

"Hi Zid."

Teii smiled and got up to hug him; only to get pushed back.

"Slut..."

"Huh? Zid?"

"You heard me, you're my cousin bonehead..."

Teii blinked a few times.

"How should I know I was your cousin! You never told me who your family was!"

With that Teii got up and slapped Zid across the face, making Kyra let out a soft giggle.

"You seem to get slapped a lot Ziddie."

Kyra smiled to Zid who raised a hand to slap Kyra, but instead he pushed her away by the shoulder a little.

"Aw, don't be sad Zid."

Kyra stuck out her tongue to him.

Zid was just about to ave a come back to Kyra, only he was cut off by a voice from a young woman.

"Are you all done acting like children? Or can we get this meeting under way?"

They voice was coming from a woman in her early 20's; she was tall and had black long braided hair, much like Lulu's, and she wore leather-like dress with belts tied around it.

"Chochi!"

Starki looked over to the doorway where the young woman in the leather-like dress stood. Chochi nodded to Starki and walked to the middle of the room and looked towards Zid and Teii.

"You're Teii, no?"

Teii nodded.

"I am Teii, the best blitzer, ya?"

Kyra rolled her eyes.

'She brags enough, doesn't she?'

Kyra thought to herself.

"Anyway, We all know about our problem, right? Everyone but Teii and Zid."

Zid had his prize confused look on his face.

"Well.."

Chochi started to explain the story.

"The 'Al Bleds' a sub-group of Al Bhed who wanted Yeavon to pay for the pain of Al Bheds. They at first tried to turn all Al Bhed away from the New Yeavon, but they failed. Still wanting to make Yeavon pay, the Al Bled first wanted the Al Bhed to pay. They planned to make a new Sin, going through with this plan Summoner Yuna brought back the Aeons, and soon was killed by the Al Bled for this deed. A few years later, Deli the new home for Al Bhed was attacked, and the leader Rikku was killed. A few months passed and the only living 45 Al Bheds left Deli to come here to Besaid to live with the monks. The Al Bleds wanted all Al Bhed to pay, as they used the new Sin, that we like to call Creedz to track them. Besaid was attacked and all the monks were killed. Leaving this shadow of what the island once was."

Teii looked up from where she was seated, then stood.

"I am a summoner! I will beat this new Sin! I can do it."

"You're not the only one helping..."

Salci walked into the room and took out Rikku's old weapon the 'Godhand' and placed the claw onto her arm.

"I'll join too..."

Starki spoke softly, stood and held her mog plushie to her side. Zid nodded and placed a hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Kyra?"

Chochi looked towards Kyra; who backed away.

"I'm not going..."

With that Kyra left the tent and walked back into the woods disappearing.

"What bug is up her ass?"

Teii smirked as Kyra left.

"Shut up Teii!"

Salci slashed at Teii's neck, but was grabbed by Starki.

"You a brat still, ya?"

Teii stuck out her tonuge at Salci; who growled and pushed free from Starki.

"I hate you Teii! Don't you forget it!"

Salci leaned on the wood pole holding up the tent keeping the Godhand extended; ready to kill.

"If you all would knock this off, we could get started."

Chochi tapped her foot looking around the room; annoyed.

"There's an airship waiting to take you to Deli, a few unsents have been causing problems in there."

Everyone in the room looked at Chochi, then nodded.