Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy- Final Destination Part 1 ❯ Day 2- Jealousy ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lega woke up at the crack of dawn. He looked to see if Salira or Raven was up. Salira slept with her head on Raven's chest and Raven, who was still sleeping, had his arm around her. Jealousy ran throughout Lega's body. How dare he take her, Lega thought. He looked to see if there was an empty seat that no one was sitting on, so he can sit alone. The seat right next to him happened to be the only one. He got up and sat down in the empty seat. Lega looked one last time at Salira and Raven, then looked out the window.

Raven woke up a few minutes later, and noticed Lega had moved seats. "Why are you sitting over there, Lega?" he quietly asks Lega, careful not to wake Salira up. Lega ignored Raven and continued to watch everything zoom by. "What's your problem?" Raven tries again. Lega doesn't answer. Raven gives up and, with his free hand, gets his book and starts reading. Salira's eyes shot open moments later. "That dream," she mumbled as she sat up. She was a little freaked out. She lowered her head and remembered the nightmare. Raven noticed and Lega seemed to, though not looking over at Salira to see what was going on. "Salira, you okay?" Raven asked, taking his arm off of Salira, "You seem freaked out." He noticed her eyes went pale.

"That dream…" Salira repeated, "That nightmare…the mother…that child...killed."

"Salira, what are you talking about?"

"The name…it's mine…am I that girl?"

"Salira!? What's with you?"

"That horrified dream…what is it to me?"

"Salira, snap out of it!"

"Namta…I've never heard it before…who is she?"

"Namta? What? What are you talking about? Get back to reality!"

Lega looked over to see Salira talking to herself. What's wrong with her?, he thought to himself. Raven had Salira facing him, looking at him, his hands held her shoulders. Salira was somewhat in a trance of her own. She ignored everything Raven had asked her. She didn't even smile. Salira continued to talk to herself, "Sephiroth…Namta…the mother…that child…them two…fire…flames…the town."

"Salira, answer me! What's wrong with you?" Raven tried again.

"Dreams…that dream…death…" Salira continued.

"Raven, What's going on?!" Lega asked as he returned to his normal seat.

"I see you're talking to me finally. I don't know what's with her. She woke up and started talking to herself," Raven asked.

"Salira, look at me. What are you talking about?" Lega asked Salira as he turned her around. She looked at him, but still was in her trance. Lega can see her eyes were a darker and paler color. "Salira, are you sick or something?"

"The forest…the river…blood." Nothing seemed to work, Salira kept on saying the same stuff. Lega kept on trying, "Salira…Salira…Get back to your senses!" He glanced at Raven. "She's never done this before…I don't know what's wrong with her!"

"That child…her mother…blood…murder…"

"Salira! Salira, tell us what's wrong." Raven said as he gently pushed Salira so she was facing the front of the bus and her back was against the seat. Salira stared at the back of the seat in front of her. Her eyes got darker. "Flames…it burned all of a sudden…deaths…to many…"

"Salira! What burned? Who died?" Lega asked.

"Salira, answer us!" Raven remarked.

"The town…where she lived…she and her…dead bodies…blood…a nightmare."

"Who is `she and her'? Salira?!" Raven softly yelled at Salira.

"The mother…the child…the murderer."

"Salira! Get back to reality!" Raven and Lega yelled at her.

"Who were they…am I her…"

"I give up," said Lega as he got up and walked across to the empty seat, "Don't bother me when she does come back."

Raven just glared at Lega, "What's with you?" he mumbled to himself. He continued to talk to Salira. "Come on, Salira!"

"Death…all of them…she lived…"

Raven had enough. He hit Salira upside the head, not too hard. "Salira, stop this self-talking thing! What's wrong with you?" Salira quickly came back to her senses, shocked. Her eyes returned their color. "I don't know," She softly said.

"You were talking about some dream or nightmare, and gave us quite a scare. What was it about?"

"I don't know. I've never had it before. It sort of scared me, I was only able to watch." Salira looked around and noticed Lega moved seats. "What's with Lega?" she whispers to Raven. Raven put his book away and looks at Salira, "Don't know. He's been like that ever since I woke up, before and after you went nuts." Salira blushed a little.

"You don't think he's mad about something, do you?" she asked Raven.

"I don't know what there is to be mad about." Raven glanced at Lega. Salira, too, looks at him; she knew something was wrong with him. "Breakfast time! Yeah!" yelled some kid up in the front of the bus. Salira took her eyes off of Lega and looked to see who had said that. Everyone looked as well, including Lega. The kid realized that he said it loud enough, the whole bus heard. "Uh…hi," he said as he waved to everyone. Everyone but Raven, Salira, and Lega started to laugh at him.

--

Throughout the morning, Salira kept eyeing Lega. She's never seen him act this way before. "Why don't you go see what's wrong with him? He'll probably answer you," Raven suggested while alternating glances from Salira to Lega and vice versa. Without remarking his statement, Salira gets up and sits next to Lega. "Why are you ignoring us?" Salira asks. "No reason," Lega answered, not even looking at Salira. "Something's wrong with you. I know it," Salira remarked. She takes off the ring that Lega gave her a while back ago. "And until you tell us, you can have this back." Salira holds Lega's hand, places the ring inside it and closes his hand. She gets up and returns to her seat, next to Raven.

"Did he tell you?" Raven asked as Salira sat down. Salira shakes her head no. A tear escapes from her eye as she looks back at Lega. She stops looking at him and switches to the ceiling, with more tears running down the sides of her face. Raven sees Salira crying and gives her a hug to comfort her. "He's mad at me, I know it," Salira whispers, returning the hug and resting her head on Raven's shoulder. Her tears stained his shirt. Lega looks at the ring in his hand and then to Salira. Raven caught his eye and sent him a harsh glare. Lega just turns his head and places the ring in his pocket. She doesn't need me, I'm just a moron to her. Besides she has Raven to protect her.

~*~