Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Price for a Memory ❯ Meeting at Sector 7 ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
19.

The last thing Cloud remembered before he passed out in the General’s warm arms was the feeling of complete surrender.

He felt like he had been dreaming before pain etched through his very being and pulled him into the dark reality in which Sephiroth stood before him.

Cerulean eyes slowly fluttered open as gushes of cool wind swept past the blond.

“S-Sephiroth? What happened?”

Cloud didn’t even register the fact that the two of them were gliding down the side of the ShinRa building….until he looked down.

A sharp ‘Eep!’ came from the blond as he used the last of his diminished strength to cling onto the fabric of Sephiroth’s jacket.

“You really don’t remember do you Cloud? You don’t remember that you attacked me in that lab back there?”

Cloud glanced up at the silver haired General, eyes wider than saucers.

“I-I did?”

Before Cloud could say anything else. A sharp bolt of pain shot through his back, slithering down his arm, right to the tips of his fingers and back again.

He turned his head ever so slightly to see blood staining his naked shoulder. What surprised him even more was the limp wing, feathers blowing about in the breeze. He couldn’t believe that was his….that it came from him.

Once again, before he could speak, the two males thumped onto the ground. Sephiroth grimaced at his less than perfect landing.

“Can you stand?”

“I-I think so….”

Sephiroth gently put the blond down, not letting go of him fully until he knew he could support his own weight.

Just as Sephiroth thought. Cloud plummeted to the ground. Landing on all fours, he groaned in sheer exhaustion, weakness and pain.

“Whatever seemed to be inside your head is gone now Cloud.”

“W-what? Wait….I remember trying to get to sleep. I saw him again. I felt hypnotised to go to him.”

“Who did you see Cloud? Was it….him?”

Cloud said nothing but nodded his head slightly. He still couldn’t believe he had somehow got down to the lab and tried to attack Sephiroth….his General.

“Sephiroth? I’m sorry….”

Exhaustion caught up with the boy as his eyes shut, body slumped onto the ground.

“You don’t even remember do you Cloud? You don’t remember how our lips touched. How our bodies fit together perfectly….makes me sick….” Sephiroth almost growled at the boy.

The thought crossed his mind to just leave him there. Just let him bleed to death.

NO!

No, he couldn’t do that. If that happened and he was found. He would be taken to the infirmary and….Hojo….then that would be it. Cloud would vanish off of the face of the Planet.

“What ever made me think of leaving him behind? I couldn’t do something to hurt one of my….friends….could I?”

Scooping the boy up, Sephiroth made a quick escape to his private quarters. At this ungodly hour, there shouldn’t be many prying eyes.

------

Hojo sat in his bloodied, mangled lab and glared at the young male standing in front of him.

“I thought I told you to inform me of his whereabouts at all times!”

“I’m sorry sir! I thought he was in his room. He must have snuck past me.”

“And about 40 of the best SOLDIER’s?! What do you take me for? A fool?!”

Before the young male could come back with a cutting remark, Hojo shot him a glance which just challenged him to his death. Instead, he remained tight lipped.

“Good. Keep it quiet. Do not let him past you again. I need the two of them alive.”

“If you don’t mind my asking sir….what do you plan to do to them?”

“I do mind you asking. And, it’s none of your fucking business! Now, get out of my sight!”

The raven haired male glared at the younger male as he sped out of the lab.

“He is an utter fool. But, he does have his uses.”

------

Sephiroth stood at the entrance to Sector 7. Having dropped Cloud off in the safety of his own room. Made sure he was comfortable. Sephiroth locked the door tight and made out into the darkness.

Glancing around, he felt almost nervous as he waited for his ‘guest’.

After a few minutes of impatiently tapping his foot off of the dry earth, he spotted a tall, thin male walking towards him.

“Cid Highwind. It’s been a while.”

“What did you call me here for?”

“I need your….science and technology….expertise.”

The blond haired male, who appeared to be in his early thirties seemed to perk up at Sephiroth’s hushed statement.

“Oh?”

“Take this. I need it analysed.”

Sephiroth handed a small package containing what he ‘gathered’ from his short space of time in the lab.

“Take it something big’s goin’ on down there huh?”

“You….could say that….there’s someone….I don’t want to see hurt. However, he seems to be at the centre of it all.”

“History repeatin’ itself huh? Feel sorry for whoever it is.”

“I can expect you done, when?”

“Three days. Don’t come back out here to meet me. Too many spies for ShinRa.”

“Where then?”

“Leave that to me.”

Sephiroth cocked a slim, silver eyebrow at the Pilot/Scientific genius.

“Trust me.”

“Ok. Thanks then.”

Slowly, Sephiroth made his way back to the ShinRa building. Damn how he wished he could trust the gruff Cid Highwind. How he wished he could.

He was reckless, dangerous, big mouthed and utterly untrustworthy while in ShinRa. What had changed him? Surely not the cancelling of the Space Programme?

-------

Cloud awoke to unfamiliar surroundings. He lay reasonably comfortably in a huge bed adorned with flowing black satin and silk.

His shoulder still throbbed, his head still foggy, his eyes still mako green. However, he felt one hundred times better.

Stretching slightly, he felt the covers slip from around his torso. Feathers brushed at his arm as he raised it above his head.

Scowling as he tilted his head to look at the midnight black appendage, he snarled deeply to it. “Why the fuck am I stuck with you? Am I really going to die because of you?”

“I ask myself that every day.”