Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Laguna's Interference ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 7: LAGUNA'S INTERFERENCE
"YOU FAILED YOUR MISSION!” Yuna and Rikku asked, shocked that Lulu and Wakka didn’t pass.
Lulu shrugged, opening her locker to get her books, “It’s a long story, something you two wouldn’t be interested in hearing.”
“Try us.” Rikku smiled, leaning closer to Lulu.
“Lulu! You’re suppose to be the responsible one!” Yuna said, watching her as Rikku tried to get the story out of her, “How did you fail?”
Lulu sighed, looking up and down the hall. When she saw no one coming she turned to look at a stunned Yuna and an anxious Rikku, “Ok, here’s what happened: Wakka and I were sent to do some mission with computers. We began arguing like we always do, he was really ticking me off so I turned him into an ugly moogle...”
“Like you promised!” Rikku piped up, then quieted down when Lulu glared at her for interrupting.
“Yes, like I promised. He looked so adorable though...then he threatened me. He said that once he turns back to his normal form he was gonna get me back. I was interested and wanted to see what he was gonna do, so I turned him back...then he kissed me.”
“WHAT?” Yuna and Rikku yelled, looking at Lulu.
Rikku grabbed her hands and jumped up and down, excitedly, “This is sooo cool! Tubby and Lulu are a couple now!”
Lulu pulled her hands away, “We are not a couple, Rikku.” She said, looking away, “I can’t stand him!”
“Hmm...that’s not what I think.” Rikku smiled, “I think you looove him!”
“Do not!” Lulu yelled, blushing angrily.
“So, that’s all you did?” Yuna asked, curiously, “He kissed you, that’s it?”
“Well...” Lulu blushed even more, causing Rikku to giggle at her,”I kissed back...and we were making out and...Mr. Omni caught us.”
Yuna and Rikku began laughing, almost collapsing on the floor.
“This...is...priceless!” Rikku laughed, leaning against a locker for support.
“Yeah!” Yuna agreed, “almost as priceless as catching Squall and Rikku.”
Rikku stopped laughing, looking up at Lulu in shock as Lulu looked back at her.
“You and Squall?” Lulu asked, for once she was almost speechless. Rikku began blushing, looking at the ground.
“Yeah, I walked in on them.” Yuna smiled, “The door was locked so I had the nurse open it...to find Rikku on top of Squall, making out.”
“RIKKU!”
“We didn’t do anything bad, Lulu! I swear!” Rikku said, defending herself as Lulu glared at her.
“Right.” Lulu said, not believing it, “Squall of all people? I thought I told you you can do better.”
“Hey!” Rikku said angrily, “Leave him alone! He’s not as bad as you think!”
“You’re never gonna get anywhere with him, Rikku. He has feelings for no one but himself.”
“You don’t know him like I do.”
Lulu quirked an eyebrow, “Oh really? And just how good do you know him?”
“My lips are sealed!” Rikku replied, looking away stubbornly.
Lulu rolled her eyes and turned to look at Yuna, “How about you, Yuna? You and Tidus do immoral things on the mission?”
“Yeah, Yunie, did you kiss him?” Rikku asked, smiling at her cousin.
Yuna looked down sadly, “No...we just did our mission. That’s all.”
Lulu and Rikku looked at eachother in concern. Yuna’s been sad ever since they’ve returned, and if they mentioned Tidus, she’d just get even more depressed.
“Yunie, what’s the matter?” Rikku asked, placing her hands on Yuna’s shoulders and looking at her.
“Nothing, Riks, I’m fine.” Yuna smiled. That smile wasn’t fooling Rikku though. Rikku knew when people were upset about something, especially her own cousin.
“No you’re not fine-” The bell rang loudly, as students began walking out their classrooms, crowding the halls.
“I...I gotta get to class!” Yuna said, walking away from Rikku and Lulu quickly.
“Something’s not right with her.” Lulu said, watching Yuna walk away.
“Why’d she seem so...scared?” Rikku asked, something was definitely wrong with Yuna and she was determined to find out what.
“Who’s scared?” Wakka asked curiously.
Rikku and Lulu turned around to see Squall, Wakka, and Tidus standing behind them. Lulu rolled her eyes as Rikku smiled happily.
“None of your business, Wakka.” Lulu replied angrily, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Aw, come on, Lu.” Wakka smiled, “No need to be all stuck-up anymore, I already know how you feel about me.”
“Disgusted?” Lulu asked, causing Rikku to begin giggling.
Wakka looked at her in shock then smiled, knowing she was teasing, “If you felt disgusted then you wouldn’t have kissed me back...”
“Whoa! Man, you and Lulu!” Tidus asked, looking back and forth from Wakka to Lulu in shock, “I thought she hated your guts!”
Wakka smiled as Lulu glared angrily, embarassed that they now knew, “It was a pity kiss!”
“Didn’t feel like one.” Wakka said, looking back to smile at Squall and Tidus, “She sure knows how to use her tongue, ya?”
“You jerk!” Lulu yelled, hitting Wakka in the stomache. He winced, falling to the floor, gasping for air.
Rikku began laughing, “That’ll teach you to tell yours and Lu’s business aloud, Tubby!”
“Was that necessary, Lulu?” Tidus asked, trying to help Wakka stand up.
“He deserved it!” Lulu replied angrily, turning around and grabbing Rikku, “Come on, Rikku. Let’s get to class.” She said, dragging her away.
“Hey, wait!” Squall spoke up, watching Lulu and Rikku walk away, “Why’s Rikku gotta leave?”
Lulu glanced back at him, “Because she has to get to class too.” She replied snottily, dragging Rikku down the hall. Rikku looked back and smiled at Squall sweetly.
Squall smiled back, wishing they could be alone again, without the drama of their friends constantly arguing.
“You sure know how to pick them, Wakka.” Tidus smiled, patting Wakka on the back.
“I like the sassy ones, ya?” Wakka agreed, still holding his stomache in pain.
“Well I hope you’re little girlfriend lightens up soon.” Squall said, still looking down the hall, “Her attitude is keeping me from...” Squall stopped, remembering that Tidus and Wakka didn’t know about him and Rikku yet.
“From what?” Tidus asked, curiously.
“...Nothing.” Squall replied, he wasn’t ready to tell them. He had to know what was going on between him and Rikku before he told anyone else. He had feelings for her, real deep feelings. And ever since first seeing her and talking to her at the mall, he had to admit that she intrigued him, kept him interested. Almost seeing Rikku die more then once opened his eyes. This girl was very important to him.
“Ok, then.” Wakka said, confused, “What we doing this weekend? Blitzball? Gym?...”
“Beach.” Squall replied. Tidus and Wakka stopped to look at him in shock.
“Beach?” They asked at the same time.
“That’s what I said.” Squall replied, walking down the hall as they followed him.
“But...we never go to the beach! You hate the beach!” Tidus said.
“I made a promise to someone that I’ll go,” Squall said, “and you guys are coming too because I promised you two would be there.”
“Ok, who’s the girl?” Wakka asked, curiously. He knew Squall wouldn’t make promises and go to the beach, it was very unSquall-ish.
“It isn’t Calli is it?” Tidus asked, “I don’t even like her, and I thought you said you were just gonna sleep with her and get it over with.”
“It isn’t a girl, and it isn’t Calli.” Squall lied, well he was being truthful about it not being Calli.
"Then who's the guy?" Tidus asked, causing Squall to stop and glare at him, "Well it has to be someone special. If it isn't a girl, then it must be a guy."
"It's not a fucking guy!" Squall replied angrily, "Just drop it, ok?"
"Wow...defensive." Wakka teased, "You must really like this person. C'mon, Brudda! Tell us who it is!"
Squall stared at him angrily, "Now I know why Lulu punched you in the gut. You're a pest."
"Hey! I'm just curious ya know!" Wakka smiled, "But I'm still less annoying then that Al Bhed Rikku, right?"
"No," Squall replied, turning to walk into his class, "Plus she looks better in shorts."
Tidus and Wakka stared at eachother in shock as Squall walked into the classroon, not believing what they just heard.
"Did he just kind of give Rikku a compliment?" Tidus asked.
Wakka shrugged, "I don't know...but I look pretty good in shorts too ya know!"
HISTORY CLASS
Rikku yawned, placing her head in her right hand, trying to stay awake. She could care less about Spira's history...well, there was a time she was interested, but not anymore. It seemed that in every History class they had to mention the Al Bheds, making them seem like heartless people which made her angry. No one understood why Al Bhed's did what they did. 'Soooo bored,' She sighed, 'need to stay awake...what can keep me awake?' Rikku didn't have to think for long because a certain brunette with blue eyes popped into her mind, waking her up almost immediately.
It was weird that someone she hated a week ago could make her feel good and happy again. How he could stop her crying with one kiss, one beautiful long kiss. Rikku smiled, remembering the things he said. The things that shocked her, Squall actually cared about someone other then himself, and that someone happened to be her. Why? She still didn't know. They argued, she annoyed him, called him names. In some weird way he liked that. And she liked his personality too, dark and mysterious. It kept her wanting to know more. People would think he was selfish, but he was just scared to get attached to someone and have so much responsibility, and Rikku knew that. She knew that it wasn't easy for him to show his feelings, he was afraid he'd get hurt or the person would leave him like everyone in his past has.
Rikku on the other hand would do anything to stop her loved ones from leaving. If she became attached to a person, she wanted to be with them forever. She wouldn't just allow something bad to happen to them or for them to just get up and leave. She felt she had to protect the ones she loved, which is one of the reasons she became one of Yuna's guardians. And now Squall was in her 'loved ones' category, she was now attached to him and there was no backing away now. Whether he liked it or not, he now had a special spot in her heart. She'd make sure he never got hurt again.
"Rikku?" Rikku looked up to see her teacher, Ms. Emilia, looking down at her, "Don't you wanna go to your next class? The bell rang, you know."
"Oh!" Rikku smiled, sheepishly, jumping out her seat and running out the door. She really had to stop daydreaming in class.
The hallway was already crowded as usual, with students trying to get their conversations in before going to their next class. Rikku wasn't going to stop and talk because she knew that Yuna and Lulu were already in their next classes because it was their favorites. Lulu took up sewing, saying that if any of her stuffed animals ever ripped again she'd be able to save them this time...poor Mr. Fuzzy Feet. Yuna signed up for choir, which Lulu and Rikku agreed with, they always said Yuna had a beautiful voice and she should become a songtress. Yuna would just blush and say she was too shy.
Rikku's next class was arts and crafts, it was her favorite because she got to make stuff other then machina, like jewelery. She loved to use Chocobo feathers as material too, designing earrings for herself, and things for Lulu and Yuna too.
She was on her way to her class when two girls walked past her, bumping into her and causing her to fall hard on her butt. They continued walking, giggling, not even looking back.
"FYDLR ED! (WATCH IT!)" Rikku yelled angrily, rubbing her butt in pain, "Stupid...rude-" She felt two strong arms pull her up, as she looked up to see Squall looking down at her.
"Hiya!" She smiled, blushing alittle.
Squall smiled back, he loved it when she blushed, it made her look even more attractive.
Rikku watched shyly as Squall bent down to pick up her stuff for her, "Aw, Squallie, you don't have to do that!" She said, bending down to help him, "It isn't your fault we have rude people in this school."
Squall smiled at her, handing her her books, "I want to." He replied. She smiled back, accepting them as they both stood up.
"So...we still going to the beach, right?" Rikku asked, "Cuz I told Yunie and Lulu about it and they're psyched!...Except for I didn't mention you guys were coming."
Squall nodded, running his hand through his hair, "Yeah, I know what you mean. I told Wakka and Tidus, but I didn't mention you guys either."
"Hmm..." Rikku thought a moment, "They are gonna be sooo mad when they find out! This is so COOL!"
Squall watched her jump up and down with excitement, and at that moment he realized he wanted to kiss her, badly. He grabbed both of her arms, causing her to stop jumping and look at him in confusion. He smiled at her and leaned forward, realizing what he was about to do, she leaned forward too. When their lips were inches away, Squall stopped, remembering they were still in the hall.
"What's wrong?" Rikku asked, her eyes still closed. She felt him stop, she opened her eyes to find him staring at the ground.
"Nothing." He responded, releasing her.
"Nothing?" Rikku asked, "Sure doesn't look like nothing. You're embarassed to be seen with me!" She placed her hands on her hips and stared at him.
Squall didn't want to look up, he didn't want to see the anger and sadness in Rikku's eyes, "It's not that..."
"Right!" Rikku said, rolling her eyes and trying not to cry, "Then what is it, huh? How come you won't kiss me in public?"
Squall could hear the emotion in her voice, which made him even sadder, "It's not that, Rikku..."
"Uh huh." Rikku nodded, not believing him, "If you don't want to be with me just say it! I don't need you stringing me along!"
Squall looked up at her in shock, "I do wanna be with you! That's the problem!"
Rikku looked at him in confusion, "If you do, then WHY won't you show it in public!" She asked.
Squall sighed, he had to tell Rikku the truth even if it would make him sound weak. But that was better then watching her cry again, "Because...I'm scared. I've become very attached to you, Rikku. I just...don't wanna become so hooked before I can be sure. If I kiss you, then I can't stop myself from falling for you."
Rikku watched Squall stare at the ground, sadly. 'That's it?' Rikku thought, 'He's just scared that I'll leave him?' She smiled, tilting his chin up so they can look at eachother, "I'm never gonna leave you, Squallie! I know you're scared, it's ok. We don't have to rush into anything...we can take this slow, ok?" She said, hoping he'd feel better.
Squall smiled, touching her cheek, "Ok." He replied.
Rikku smiled, widely, perking up again, "Good! Now I gotta get to class. See you at the beach!"
She was about to walk away when Squall quickly grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her back to him. She was about to say something but he leaned down and kissed her, stopping whatever she was gonna say. Rikku was, once again, shocked at first but she quickly recovered, responding back to his kiss with equal passion. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her impossibly closer.
He pulled away to look into Rikku's shocked eyes, "Couldn't let you leave without doing that." He smiled.
Rikku blushed, "I'm glad you didn't!" She turned to see a lot of shocked students, mostly angry girls, stare at them, "We have an audience."
Squall didn't even bother to look around, "So? Let them stare."
Rikku smiled, "Yeah, they're all just NOSEY!" She yelled, watching as everyone looked away from them, "That's better."
"Come on, I'll walk you to class." Squall said, grabbing Rikku's hand and walking down the hall.
AFTER SCHOOL: RIKKU'S AND YUNA'S HOUSE
"He kissed you! Infront of everyone?" Lulu asked, watching Yuna and Rikku pack for the beach, "Ok, who is this guy and what did he do with Squall Leonheart?"
Rikku smiled, grabbing suntan lotion and throwing it in her bag, "He is Squall Lionheart. You just haven't seen his caring side."
Lulu rolled her eyes, grabbing a towel and handing it to Yuna, "I don't want to see his caring side, if he even has one! Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Tidus is a caring guy too."
"Tidus is caring." Yuna muttered, tying on her bikini.
Lulu sighed, "What has this world come to? Rikku likes Squall, Yuna's defending Tidus...What's next?"
"Hmm..." Rikku said, giving Lulu a teasing smile, "I don't know, maybe your gonna make-out with Tubby again!"
"That's it!" Lulu tried to grab Rikku, but Rikku ran to the other side of the room laughing, as Yuna held Lulu back.
"Calm down, Lu!" Yuna laughed, holding a struggling Lulu, "Rikku was just teasing!"
"She's mad because she knows I'm right!" Rikku teased, sticking her tongue out at Lulu.
"Once Yuna let's me go I'm gonna mess up your pretty little face!" Lulu threatened, trying to get away from Yuna, "We'll see if Squall still likes you then!"
"Gosh, Lu," Rikku said with a hurt expression, "You're mean when you're on your period."
"I'M NOT ON MY PERIOD!" Lulu yelled angrily.
"She's just sexually frustrated." Yuna replied, smiling.
Lulu turned her head slowly to give Yuna a death glare, "Yuna!" She yelled angrily, blushing alittle.
"Yunie! Run! She's gonna kill us!" Rikku shrieked, running past Yuna and Lulu, out the door.
Yuna gulped, looking at a very pissed Lulu, "DON'T KILL ME!" She yelped, releasing Lulu and running after Rikku.
Lulu breathed angrily, looking out the door, "RIKKU! YUNA! GET BACK HERE NOW!" She yelled, chasing after them.
"HELP! SHE'S GONNA KILL US!" Rikku and Yuna yelled, running through the house, dodging Lulu's magic.
SQUALL'S HOUSE
'4:00 p.m.' Squall thought, grabbing his beach bag, 'I'm almost late, Rikku's gonna kill me.' He smiled at the thought, he wouldn't mind seeing an angry Rikku in a bikini fighting with him. Maybe she'd even touch him...
"Going somewhere?" Laguna asked, walking up behind Squall.
"Beach." Squall muttered angrily, about to open the door.
"Beach? You never go to the beach!" Laguna responded, watching Squall lower his head and sigh.
"Now I do."
"Since when?"
"Since today," Squall replied, turning to glare at Laguna, "Any more questions, father?"
Laguna smiled, knowing Squall was mocking them. Ever since Laguna got him from the orphanage when he was 13, Squall has been alittle rogue to him, not considering him a father yet. "That's right, I am your father so I get to ask nosey questions." He responded.
Squall sighed, rubbing his temples in frustration, "I made a promise to someone that I'll go to the beach, ok?"
Laguna made a disapproving sound, "Who's the girl, Squall?" He asked.
"None of your fucking business!" Squall snapped.
"You know the rules!" Laguna yelled, "DON'T GET ATTACHED! We ain't gonna be here for long! If you fall in love with this girl, it'll just end in heartbreak because you're gonna have to leave her to fulfill your duties!"
"Don't you think I know that!" Squall asked angrily, "I tried to stop myself! But I can't just leave her alone!"
Laguna shook his head in shame, "You have to Squall, as much as I hate to say it: You have to bring that stubborn, lonewolf Squall back and break it off with this girl before you both get hurt."
"No-"
"Squall, don't be fucking ridiculous!" Laguna interrupted angrily, "If you don't do it now, you'll never do it. In the end she'll hurt. Is that what you want? Do you want this girl to hurt and cry?"
Squall looked down, thinking. Was he being selfish and ridiculous because he wanted to be with Rikku? Because he wanted to love her and have her love him in return? Because he wanted to spend his life with her? Yes he was, and Laguna was right. He had to do it now before they became impossibly closer and he had to do it when they were deeply in love. He had to break up with Rikku today, or he never would. He prayed she wouldn't cry, hopefully she'll get mad and storm off instead. That's better then watching her cry again, he couldn't handle that.
Squall nodded slowly, agreeing with Laguna, "I'll...I'll do it today at the beach."
Laguna watched his son sadly. He wished he could let him go off and be a regular teenager, fall in love and have fun, but Squall wasn't a regular teenager. He had a huge destiny he had to fulfill. "Squall, look, I wish-"
"Whatever." Squall interrupted, emotionless again, "You said enough. I know what I have to do now." He opened the door and walked out.
'I wonder who this girl is that has Squall acting this way,' Laguna thought, staring out the door, 'It can't be that perky little Al Bhed girl, can it? But...that was the only one I seen him around so much.'
BEACH
Tidus, Wakka, and Squall walked up to the beach, spotting three beach towels on the sand: a yellow, purple, and blue one.
"Where's the chick that gots you so whipped?" Tidus asked, looking around.
"Shut up." Squall muttered, he spotted a familiar perky girl in a small yellow bikini coming towards them, he looked away, quickly looking at the ground.
"Hiya, guys!" She smiled brightly.
"Wow, Rikku," Tidus said, looking at her, "Who knew you looked so good in a bikini?"
"Shut up, Chocobo-hair," Rikku giggled, "you don't look bad in swimming trunks yourself." She winked, lightly punching his arm.
"Well, what can I say? I'm hot." Tidus smiled, striking a cocky pose.
"Whatever." Rikku smiled, rolling her eyes.
"What you doing here, Rikku?" Wakka asked, "Is Lulu around?"
"Same as you guys," Rikku replied, "Lulu and Yunie are trying to set up the grill. They're having problems, someone should help them."
"I will!" Wakka volunteered quickly, dropping his stuff and walking towards the beach.
"Oh, Wakka!" Rikku said, grabbing him by the arm to stop him, "You might wanna not be so annoying to Lulu today, she's menstrual."
"What?...Oh!" Wakka nodded, realizing what she meant, "Gotcha."
"And be careful!" Rikku shouted as he walked away, "She's one good pincher!"
"Yuna's here?" Tidus asked, looking around.
"Yeah...you should go say 'hi'." Rikku smiled, watching Tidus shift his weight nervously.
"That's not a good idea..." Tidus sighed, turning to look at Squall, "Can I talk to you for a second?"
Squall looked up at him, not wanting to see Rikku, "Um...sure, whatever."
"Ok," Rikku said, confused about the way Tidus and Squall were acting, "We'll be at the beach when you two are done talking! Seeya!" She turned and ran to the beach.
Squall sighed, mostly relieved that she left. But he sensed something was wrong with Tidus, "What's wrong?"
Tidus looked up at Squall in shock, "You actually care?"
"No," Squall replied, "but I have a feeling you're gonna tell me anyways."
Tidus smiled alittle, sighing, "You're right...I can't stay here...Yuna's here and me and her haven't been...talking to eachother since the mission."
Squall shrugged, "So, just ignore her."
"Just ignore her?" Tidus asked, "I can't just ignore her, Squall! How did you ever get a girlfriend? You're so...unthoughtful!"
"Now you're just sounding like a girl," Squall smiled, "Look, I don't know what to say, Tidus. I don't know what happened between you and Yuna, but do you really want to leave it on bad terms?"
Tidus thought a moment. He didn't want to be mad at Yuna anymore, he didn't want her to be sad and nervous everytime he was around, "No...you're right, Squall, I-" Tidus looked up at Squall in shock, "HOLY SHIT! Squall, you're right!"
"Whatever, man. Just get to that beach and set things right."
"Wait!" Tidus called out, stopping Squall, "Lulu, Yuna, and Rikku are the only ones here. Which one of them did you make the promise to?" He asked, curiously.
"None of your business." Squall replied, walking towards the beach.
Squall and Tidus walked up to where everyone else was, hearing the radio blasting to a song Squall knew well. It was another one of his favorite songs, obviously ever since that night at his house, Rikku's been kind of hooked on his kind of music too.
Until the day I dieI'll spill my heart for you, for youUntil the day I dieI'll spill my heart for you
Squall sighed, sitting in his chair, thinking of what he was gonna say to Rikku. He didn't have much time to think because he saw her walking towards him.
As years go byI race the clock with youBut if you died right nowYou know that I'd die tooI'd die too
You remind me of the timesWhen I knew who I was (I was)But still the second hand will catch usLike it always does

"You guys were late." Rikku said, trying to look mad, but he knew that she was just teasing.
"Sorry." He smiled back, trying not to check out her body in the bikini, but failed miserably. 'Don't look, Squall.' He told himself over and over again in his mind, 'But...she looks so damn good!'
We'll make the same mistakesI'll take the fall for youI hope you need this nowCause I know I still do
Until the day I die (Until the day I die)I'll spill my heart for youUntil the day I die (Until the day I die)I'll spill my heart for you

Rikku smiled, knowing he was checking her out, "It's ok. Come on, let's go swimming!"
Squall shook his head, "Rikku, we're on a cliff. We're gonna have to walk all the way down the trail just to get to the water."
"You're so negative!" Rikku smiled, going to the edge of the cliff to look down at the water below them, "I chose this spot so we can just jump into the water! It's better then just walking into it!"
Should I bite my tongue?Until blood soaks my shirtWe'll never fall apartTell me why this hurts so much
My hands are at your throatAnd I think I hate youBut still we'll say, "remember when"Just like we always doJust like we always do
Squall smiled, getting an idea. He knew he shouldn't do it, he knew he should be thinking of a way to break up with Rikku, but if he did this, he'd get to touch a bikini-dressed Rikku. Which he liked very much to do.
Until the day I die (Until the day I die)I'll spill my heart for youUntil the day I die (Until the day I die)I'll spill my heart for you
Yeah I'd spill my heart!Yeah I'd spill my heart for you!
My hands are at your throatAnd I think I hate youWe made the same mistakesMistakes like friends do
My hands are at your throatAnd I think I hate youWe made the same mistakesMade the same mistakes

Squall got up quietly, crouching low and slowly watching Rikku. She wasn't paying attention, she was too busy looking at the scenery, enjoying the view. She placed her hands and her hip and smiled at the sun. That's when Squall saw his chance, he quickly ran towards her, grabbing her from behind and jumping off the cliff. Rikku didn't even have time to scream before they landed into water.
Until the day I dieI'll spill my heart for you, for you
Until the day I die (Until the day I die)I'll spill my heart for you, for youUntil the day I die (Until the day I die)I'll spill my heart for youUntil the day I die (Until the day I die)Until the day I die!

Yuna ran to the edge of the cliff, looking down and laughing at Squall and Rikku. It was good her cousin was happy, and she had someone to share her happiness with.
"So it was Rikku?" Tidus asked, walking up to stand next to Yuna, startling her.
"Huh?" She asked, that being the only word she could say.
"Squall says he made a promise to someone that we'd all come to the beach," Tidus explained, not looking at her, "It was Rikku."
"Oh," Yuna nodded, "Yeah, I guess. They've become very close since the mission."
"It seems a lot of people have." Tidus said, referring to Lulu and Wakka. Wakka was trying to teach Lulu how to grill, but he couldn't get the fire going. Lulu, trying to help him, used firaga, causing Wakka's hair to catch on fire. Lulu giggled happily as she tried to get the fire out.
"Everyone but us, huh?" Yuna asked sadly.
Tidus looked at her, "I still like you, Yuna, I just...wished you would've told me you were getting married."
Yuna sighed, still not wanting to look at him because she felt ashamed of herself, "I didn't want you to know..."
"And why not?" Tidus asked, "That would've been better then me confessing my undying love for you and being rejected because you have to get married!"
'Undying love?' Yuna thought, looking at Tidus in shock. He loved her? Already? How could he after what she did to him?
"That's right, Yuna, I said love." Tidus replied, looking at her shocked expression, "I still do, very much."
Yuna felt tears sting her eyes, threatening to fall down, "Tidus...I..."
"Just tell me why." Tidus said, Yuna heard the pleading and emotion in his voice, "Why are you going to marry him? You don't love him."
"You don't understand." Yuna sighed, not being able to hold back her tears any longer, "I have to! It'll bring unity!"
"Unity?" Tidus asked, "You're gonna throw your life away for people you don't know, and marry that demented asshole?"
"You don't understand!" Yuna cried, burying her head in her hands.
"Explain it to me!" Tidus yelled, grabbing Yuna's hands so he can look at her face.
"I WASN'T SUPPOSE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH ANYONE! I WASN'T SUPPOSE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!" Yuna shouted, tears spilling out her eyes. Tidus looked at her in shock as she continued, "I was suppose to go through school and get my education, that's all! Then I met you and that all changed!"
"Yuna-" Tidus tried reaching out for her but she backed away.
"No," She cried, "I can't...I have to...I have to go!"
Tidus watched as Yuna ran away, he wanted to go after her but he sensed it was best to leave her alone. So much for not leaving it on bad terms.
IN THE WATER
Squall and Rikku swam to the top of the water for air. Once they reached the top, Rikku splashed him with water, giving him a playful glare.
"That was sneaky!" She said, trying to hold back her smile, "I owe you big time, Mr. Leonheart! And I tend to make you pay!"
Squall smiled at her, her hair was soaked and a mess, with her bangs covering her eyes and the rest of her hair sticking to her head. The glare she was giving him wasn't convincing, he knew she could never really be mad at him.
He brushed her bangs out of the way so he could see her face, "I look forward to it." He replied, leaning down to kiss her.
Rikku closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around his neck as his rested around her waist. How could she be mad at someone who kissed like this? She wrapped her legs around his waist, causing him to lower his arms to hold her up.
'No! Squall, stop!' Squall yelled at himself, trying to control himself and stop kissing Rikku, 'Let go of her! Tell her it has to end! Stop falling! No more getting attached, remember!' He sighed, reluctantly pulling away from her mouth.
"What's wrong?" She asked, worried, unwrapping her legs from around his waist, "Are we going too fast?"
"No..." Squall said, still holding onto her waist, "Rikku, I have something really important to say."
Rikku looked at him with even more concerned. He looked serious, this thing must be very important to him. She nodded, encouraging him to continue, "Go ahead, Squallie, I'm listening."
Squall sighed, looking down because looking into her eyes hurt too much. She was worried about him, she was waiting patiently to hear something that was probably gonna break her heart.
"We can't see eachother anymore." He said, feeling Rikku tense up in his arms.
"What?" She asked, confused, "What do you mean?...Was it something I did?"
Squall looked up at her, but as soon as he did, he wish he hadn't. Her eyes were large and full of emotion, mostly sadness and pain.
"Rikku, no." He sighed, caressing her cheek, "You haven't done anything wrong...you were perfect."
"Then why!" Rikku asked, he could tell she was trying very hard not to cry.
"I can't say..."
"WHAT!" Rikku asked hysterically, staring at him in shock, "You can't say!"
"Rikku, calm down, I..."
"I can't calm down!" Rikku said, struggling to get out of his grasp, "I thought we were gonna tell eachother things! You have to trust me, Squall!"
"I do!" Squall said, tightening his hold on her.
"No you don't!" Rikku shouted, "Let me go! I wanna leave!"
"No..."
"If you don't wanna see me cry I advise you to release me NOW!" Rikku yelled, glaring at Squall, tears building up in her eyes.
Squall looked at her, noticing them. He nodded and released her, not wanting to see the pain he caused her anymore. Rikku swam away from him quickly, getting out the water, leaving him to be alone.
ON THE CLIFF
Rikku found a good hide-out to cry, making sure she was far away from everyone else. She was still confused about what happened, Squall seemed alright about them earlier in school, then he kissed her...what was wrong? 'It's me.' Rikku thought, wiping her eyes, 'I was too clingy for him, I tried to make him into something he didn't want to...I just wanted him to be happy.'
Rikku heard footsteps coming towards her, she quickly began wiping her eyes, so whoever it was wouldn't see her in this condition. She heard a sniffle and crying.
"Yunie?" Rikku asked, turning around to find her cousin crying.
Yuna looked at her in shock, "Rikku?" She wiped her eyes, "W-what are you doing here? I thought everyone was at the beach."
"Yeah...I left early. What's wrong?" She asked with concern.
"I was gonna ask you the same thing." Yuna replied, looking at Rikku's tear-stained cheeks.
"It's nothing," Rikku smiled, getting up and walking towards her, "What happened?"
Yuna didn't believe that her cousin was ok, this was the first time she seen her this sad since her mom died, "Nothing."
"Don't lie to me, Yunie."
"You're lieing to me!" Yuna said, "Obviously you're upset too!"
Rikku sighed, they both weren't doing too good, they had to get out of here, "Come on, let's go tell Lulu we're leaving."
Yuna nodded, agreeing. She couldn't stay here any longer.
BACK AT THE BEACH
"Lulu, we're leaving!" Rikku said, as her and Yuna walked towards their chocobos, ignoring Tidus's and Squall's worried stares.
"What?" Lulu asked in shock, "Already? But we just got here..."
"Don't worry, Lu," Yuna smiled, "You can stay. We know you want to." She climbed onto her Chocobo's back.
Lulu blushed, glancing at Wakka, "Ok, but I'll be home soon, k?"
"Don't worry," Rikku smiled, winking at Lulu, "We'll be fine!"
Her and Yuna began riding away, "STAY AND FLIRT WITH TUBBY!" Rikku shouted when they were far enough.
"RIKKU!" Lulu shouted angrily, Yuna and Rikku laughed as they rode off.