Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Paintball Fight ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 14: PAINTBALL FIGHT

Yuna spotted Squall, Wakka, and Tidus sitting at their usual lunch spot by the big palm tree. They were very close to eachother, whispering things quietly and quickly as Wakka struggled to hurry up and write down what they said. 'What are they up to now?' Yuna thought, looking at them suspisciously.

"Hey." Lulu said, walking next to Yuna, startling her.

"Oh..., hey, Lu." Yuna said, trying to get her heart to stop pounding.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" Lulu asked with a small smile.

Yuna shook her head, smiling back, "No...just startled. Are you ok? How are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine, Yuna. Please don't get all overprotective on me like Wakka. The man doesn't know when to quit."

"Just asking." Yuna said, looking back at the guys table. Squall was looking at Tidus like he was an idiot as he took Wakka's notepad and hit him in the back of the head with it.

"What are they up to?" Lulu asked, watching them with curiousity.

Yuna shrugged, watching Tidus rub the back of his head and glare at Squall.

"Did you tell them yet?" Lulu asked, looking at Yuna.

"Huh?...Oh no! I was just on my way right now. C'mon, we'll both tell them." Yuna smiled, grabbing Lulu and dragging her to the table.

"Gasoline?" Squall asked angrily, "Do you want to burn down the school, you idiot?"

"It was just a suggestion!" Tidus replied angrily, "It'll be very memorable! We'll go down in history!"

"As murderers if someone gets caught in the fire!" Squall said, noticing Yuna and Lulu coming towards them. He gave Wakka and Tidus a 'shut up, someone's coming!' look, but they didn't notice it. Squall sighed, sitting back and waiting for them to notice the girls approaching them.

"Come on!" Tidus whined, "Yes, it's dangerous...but it's cool too! Fire is cool! We'll put it in the..."

"Tidus!" Wakka interrupted, quickly closing his notebook.

"What?" He asked, not noticing Yuna and Lulu standing behind him, "Ok, once the gasoline is in the school..."

"Gasoline?" Yuna asked confused.

Tidus stopped, turning pale. "Um...and that's how babies are born, Wakka." He finished, grabbing his juice and drinking it.

"If you believe that babies come from gasoline in the school then you're not ready to be a father, Wakka." Lulu stated, sitting down.

"You too, Tidus." Yuna smiled, settling next to him.

"And I suppose you think they come from little stork fiends." Tidus mumbled.

"No, they come from va-"

"Lulu!" Yuna said, interrupting her, "We all know where babies come from and how they're made."

They all nodded, glaring at eachother.

Squall sat forward, leaning on the table, looking at Yuna, "Is there any particular reason you're here?"

Yuna and Lulu gave an offended gasp. "Rude, much?" Yuna asked angrily, "Can't we join you?"

"Of course you can." Squall smirked, "Just not today."

"What is there? Days were we can't sit or be seen with you guys?" Lulu asked angrily, glaring at Wakka.

Wakka looked down nervously, "It's not that, Lu. It's just...we're planning something today." He muttered.

"What?" Yuna asked curiously, "How to make babies with gasoline?"

"No!" They all responded.

"Another secret, huh?" Lulu smirked, "You guys are just full of them. You're worst then girls."

"No we're not!" Tidus said, offended, "And what we talk about is more important then clothes and make-up!"

"And boys." Yuna added, "We talk about boys too."

"What about boys?" Tidus asked angrily, "What boys?"

"My lips are sealed." Yuna smiled, looking away.

"You never told us what you're doing here." Squall said.

"Fine!" Lulu replied, throwing a piece of hotdog at him, "Yuna and I have something to tell you."

Squall picked up the piece of hotdog and threw it back at her, she quickly burned it with fire. "Where's Rikku?" Squall asked, sitting back, placing his feet on the table.

"Oh, I see how it is. We're only allowed to be here if Rikku's with us." Lulu said, smirking at him.

Squall glared at her and didn't reply.

"Rikku's out with..."

"Her other boyfriend." Lulu interrupted, watching Squall give her a death glare, "He's way cuter too."

"Lu!" Yuna smiled, "Stop being mean! Rikku's out with her dad. They had some Al Bhed meeting to attend to. That's why we're here."

"Because Rikku's out with her dad?" Wakka asked confused.

"Yup." Yuna smiled brightly, "As you all know Rikku's 17th birthday is coming up..."

"WHAT?" Squall sat up, looking at Yuna in shock, "Are you fucking serious?"

"Yeah...Rikku didn't tell you?" Yuna asked confused. Having a feeling she wasn't suppose to tell him.

"No!" He replied, "If I knew, do you think I'd be so shocked?"

"...Maybe you weren't suppose to know." Yuna muttered, hitting herself in the head.

"Yeah...we knew." Tidus said, Wakka nodding in agreement.

Squall looked at all of them in shock. Why would Rikku tell all of them and not him? He needed to get her something and quick. Dammit! Why didn't she tell him? Now it's gonna take him forever to find her something good.

"Er...don't worry about it, Squall." Yuna said, trying to calm him down. He looked like he was having a panick attack.

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT?" He yelled, outraged.

"That was a pretty stupid thing to say." Tidus whispered to Yuna, looking at Squall.

"I know." She sighed, "I think he's about to pop a vein."

"What...when is her birthday?" He asked, trying to calm down but failing.

"Next week." They all said.

Squall let out a frustrated growl. Why did everyone except him know? He would like to know ahead when his girlfriend's birthday was!

"Hey, Yuna!" A young girl smiled, waving to Yuna, "You're still throwing Rikku a party for her 17th birthday, right?"

"Uh..." Yuna glanced at Squall, watching him grind his teeth in anger, "Yeah, see you there, Linda."

Linda smiled then nodded, "Rikku's gonna be so happy! She's been telling everyone about her birthday."

"Uh, Linda." Tidus said, getting up and gently pushing her away, watching Squall turn angrier, "I think you should leave now."

"Ok." Linda said, confused.

"Well..." Yuna cleared her throat nervously, looking away at Squall's angry gaze, "C'mon, Lu. We gotta send that invitation to Gippal."

Lulu nodded, getting up. Yuna and Lulu glanced at Squall, he looked like he was gonna murder someone. "Let's go." Lulu said, pushing Yuna as they quickly walked away.

Tidus sat back down, grabbing his juice and sipping it, trying to avoid eye contact with Squall.

"I'm sure she has a good reason for not telling you." Wakka muttered, playing with his food.

"Please tell me Yuna did not just say 'Gippal.'" Squall muttered through gritted teeth.

"Ya!" Wakka said, looking at him, "Didn't you hear her? She said 'C'mon, Lu. We gotta send that invitation to Gippal.'"

Tidus kicked Wakka, telling him to shut the hell up silently.

"What?" Wakka asked confused, rubbing his knee. He glanced at Squall who seemed to be looking around for something, "Lose something, Brudda?"

"Just looking for my gunblade." He responded, smiling once he spotted it, "There it is."

"RUN, WAKKA, RUN!" Tidus shouted as Wakka quickly got up and ran before Squall could shoot him.

"YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER!" Squall yelled, watching Wakka push past several people.

Tidus gulped and looked at Squall in fear, "Man, put the weapon down!"

Squall turned to look at Tidus, smirking evilly, "And how long did you know Rikku's birthday was next week?"

Tidus scooted back, looking at Squall's gunblade, "I...thought you knew already."

"I didn't." Squall stabbing his gunblade into the table, giving Tidus a death glare.

"I...don't...shouldn't you be worrying about Gippal coming to Rikku's party?" He asked quickly, not taking his eyes off of the gunblade.

Squall thought a moment. He was right. Gippal was going to be coming back...Rikku would be happy. That wasn't a bad thing but...maybe it was Squall's selfishness and jealousy talking, but he didn't want Gippal to come back. Rikku and Gippal will always have this connection, and Squall was scared that she'd leave him for Gippal.

"You don't think Rikku loves the guy, do you?" Tidus asked, noticing Squall was silent for a long time.

Squall looked away, not answering him.

RIKKU & YUNA'S HOUSE

Yuna layed on her bed, reading a book she had to do a report on for English when Rikku walked in.

"Hiya, Yunie!" She smiled cheekily, throwing off her shoes and collapsing on her bed, "Sheesh, I never knew Al Bheds were so difficult. I spent hours listening to them argue over and over."

Yuna smiled, getting up to stare at her exhausted cousin, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, Yunie, What's up?" Rikku asked, closing her eyes and trying not to let sleep claim her.

Yuna bit on her lower lip nervously, "You told everyone about your birthday, right?"

Rikku opened her eyes and glanced at Yuna in confusion, "Of course...I always do."

"Are you sure you didn't forget anyone?"

Rikku thought a moment. She thought she told everyone...well everyone that she wanted to know. She hasn't told...SHOOT! "SQUALL!" She yelped, sitting up quickly. She no longer felt tired. She knew she forgot to tell Squall, she did that purposely. She felt that he'd feel obligated to get her something and she didn't want him losing his head over nothing.

Yuna nodded, "Exactly."

"Does he know now?" Rikku asked nervously.

"I...kinda mentioned it."

"YUNIE!" Rikku cried out, panicking.

"You didn't want him to know?" Yuna asked confused. Why was Rikku so freaked out about Squall knowing her birthday was coming up?

"No I didn't want him to know!" She sighed, it was too late now. He was probably out shopping looking for something to get her. "I didn't want him to worry about it."

"Rikku...you have issues you know that?" Yuna asked.

Rikku nodded, getting up to pace back and forth across their room. What was she going to do now? He wasn't suppose to know...She was going to have a surprise for him instead. She sighed, stopping to look at the floor. Maybe it was better he knew now instead of on her birthday. He probably would be more angrier then..."Was he angry?" She asked, looking at Yuna.

"No..." Yuna lied, "I mean...yes. He practically had a panic attack. Sorry for telling him."

"It's ok. He was gonna find out soon or later. With my big mouth and all the gossip around school."

"What you think he's gonna get you?" Yuna asked excitedly.

"I don't know...and I know he doesn't either." Rikku replied, "That's what worries me. Squall isn't exactly the 'shopping' type."

CHOCOBO LOT

Wakka and Tidus waited impatiently for Squall in his car. Squall decided to go try out the 'arts and crafts' class with a lot of laughs and teasing from Tidus and Wakka. After he beat them up for it, he told them to wait for him in his car. Which they did.

"I don't care how badly he hits me...it's still funny that he stayed after school for arts and crafts." Wakka laughed, examining his bruised arm.

"Yeah." Tidus agreed, "But I wish he'd hurry up. We have a Blitzball game today and Yuna said she'd be there to cheer for me."

"How long does it take to make a little bird house anyways?" Wakka joked.

"I wasn't making a bird house." Squall replied, walking up to them.

"Squall!" Tidus greeted, walking up to him smiling, "'Bout damn time! Now show daddy Tidus what you made in school today!"

Squall gave him a death glare. Why did they like teasing and annoying the hell out of him when they knew they were going to get their asses beat? "I ain't showing you shit." He replied, walking to get in his car.

"Aw...with an attitude like that, no wonder your paintings never get on the refrigerator." Wakka smiled teasingly.

"Don't you guys have a game?" Squall asked annoyed.

"We were waiting for you like you said!" Tidus replied, looking at his watch, "And now we're gonna be late."

"Pretty stupid of you to wait if you knew you had a game." Squall smirked, "Get in, I'll give you a ride."

Wakka and Tidus stared at him dumby, he was right. Why did they wait? They were so use to doing what Squall told them that they forgot to use their common sense.

"Just like a leader." Tidus muttered, getting into his car.

RIKKU & YUNA'S HOUSE

"Tidus has a game today and I'm gonna be late!" Yuna said, rushing back and forth grabbing various things. Rikku watched in amusement, it was very important for Yuna to be at Tidus's games now. Tidus says that she's his good luck charm and it must be true because everytime she's there he does real good.

"Calm down, speedy." Lulu said, watching Yuna trip over some on Rikku's shoes, "We still got time."

Yuna didn't even glance at the clock as she ran by, "Time? We do?"

"Uh huh." Rikku nodded, smiling, "Around 20 minutes."

"That's not enough time!" Yuna said, panicked, "I gotta brush my hair and..."

"Yuna!" Lulu said, giving her a stern look, "It's just a game."

"It's not just a game, Lulu!" She replied, "It's the game!"

"Oh wow, it's the game, Rikku." Lulu mocked, Rikku giggled as Yuna glared at the both of them.

"It's the championships, you guys! Tidus is very nervous and I wanna be there for him." Yuna pouted, looking down sadly.

Rikku hit Lulu lightly on the arm and got up to comfort Yuna, "Lulu didn't mean to be a big meanie, Yunie."

"Yeah, blame it on the hormones." Lulu replied, grabbing Rikku's secret stash of chocolate.

"Hey! That's mine!" Rikku yelled, glaring at Lulu.

"I'm eating for two, Rikku, don't be selfish!" Lulu responded, shoving chocolate into her mouth.

Rikku pouted, "That was your excuse for eating my dessert, that was your excuse for eating my breakfast, that's your excuse for everything!"

Lulu shrugged, digging into her bag some more.

Yuna smiled, turning back to the mirror to fix her hair. Rikku saw something shiny out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see a long silver chain around Yuna's neck. Not just any chain though, it was Tidus's famous one.

"Holy chocobos, Yunie's been claimed!" Rikku shrieked happily, running up to her to examine it closely.

"Claimed?" Lulu asked through a mouthful of chocolate, looking at them in confusion.

"She is now the property of a Mr. Chocobo Hair!" Rikku smiled, showing Lulu the chain.

"Am not!" Yuna blushed, "And his hair is not like a chocobo!"

Lulu snorted, turning her attention back to the candy, "I would never let a man claim me."

"Right." Rikku said, giving her a teasing smile.

"Ok, I'm ready! Let's go cheer for the Aurochs!" Yuna said, smiling brightly.

LUCA STADIUM

"Do you see her? Where is she?" Tidus asked, looking around nervously for Yuna.

"She'll be here, brudda." Wakka replied, looking for a certain raven haired beauty, "and so will Lu."

"You guys look like lost children." Squall muttered, leaning against a wall reading a paper.

Tidus and Wakka glared at him. He could no longer fool them with his 'I'm Squall Leonheart and I don't give a shit about no one' routine. They've seen him show emotion towards Rikku so many times that they knew he was as in love as them.

"I can handle this one, brudda." Wakka whispered, smirking at Tidus, "Oh, look! There's Rikku!" He shouted, standing on his tiptoes and pointing.

Squall immediately dropped his paper and looked around eagerly, "Where? I don't see her!"

Tidus and Wakka busted out in laughter, holding their stomaches. Squall glared angrily at them, knowing his glare wasn't intimidating them anymore. He's glared so many times at them that they just take it as another one of his looks.

"Man...you should've...seen your face!" Tidus said between laughs, trying to control hisself.

"You nearly strained your neck looking around!" Wakka laughed, pointing helplessly at Squall.

Squall rolled his eyes and leaned back against the wall. He was whipped? So what? Even though he knew it, and knew they knew it. He'd never admit it out loud...he was too full of pride. A Lionheart had to be strong and independent, not act like a lovesick puppy-dog everytime a certain perky blonde Al Bhed walked into the room.

"Hiya, guys!" Rikku smiled as her, Yuna, and Lulu approached them. 'So much for not acting like a lovesick puppy.' Squall thought, checking out Rikku in her Besaid Auroch attire. All three girls wore little shorts and little white tees with 'Besaid Aurochs' spray painted on it.

"What are you guys doing here?" Yuna asked, not noticing the lustful stares they were receiving, "Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

The guys just stood there, staring dumbly at them with their mouths wide open. Lulu rolled her eyes as Rikku and Yuna giggled at their funny expressions.

"Hello? Spira to the most horniest guys here, did you hear her?" Lulu asked, snapping her fingers infront of their faces.

Wakka shook out of his daze, "Dang, Lu, I wouldn't have expected you to wear something so school spirited."

"Well...I figured I had to show off my great figure before it got ruined by childbirth." She explained, she glanced at Squall and Tidus who still weren't paying attention, "I'm guessing you guys like the outfits."

Tidus shook his head, smiling at Yuna, "No, we like the girls in them." He responded, wrapping an arm around Yuna. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Well now if everyone's hormones are in check." Lulu smiled, noticing Squall was still in a daze, "We're going to go get our seats before the game starts." She grabbed Rikku and Yuna, about to walk away until she noticed Squall wasn't following, "Are you coming, Squall?"

He broke his gaze from Rikku to look at Lulu, "Go ahead. I'll just...follow behind."

Lulu rolled her eyes, knowing why he wanted to follow from behind, "Ok then. Rikku, walk infront of me."

"You're mean." Squall muttered, walking up to Rikku, placing an arm around her, "I like close up views anyways." He smiled as they walked away.

Yuna and Lulu laughed, watching them walk away with amusement. "Good luck, you guys." Lulu said, kissing Wakka as Yuna kissed Tidus, "Those Zanarkand Duggles are rough assholes."

GAME

Rikku ran to the front of the edge to get a good view of the stadium, "Oh my gawsh! Look at all these people! And the players look like little ants!" She said, looking around excitedly.

"Squall, grab her before she falls overboard." Lulu said and her and Yuna settled in their seats.

Squall nodded, grabbing Rikku, placing her over his shoulders, "E zicd fyhdat du caa dra bmyoanc! E fych'd kuhhy vymm! (I just wanted to see the players! I wasn't gonna fall!)" She complained as he carried her back to their seats, "Yht fydlr druca ryhtc, picdan! (And watch those hands, buster!)" Squall smirked, removing his hands from her butt to put her down.

"WOOOO! GO AUROCHS! WOOOO GO, TIDUS!" Yuna shouted at the top of her lungs, waving a big sign around.

Lulu covered her ears and looked at Yuna in amazement. Who knew Yuna could get so loud and rowdy?

"AUROCHS! AUROCHS! AUROCHS!" Rikku yelled hopping up and down. Squall quickly grabbed her around the waist, sitting her down in his lap.

"Have you ever thought of being a cheerleader?" He asked, smiling as she continued clapping.

"Naw...I would love to but I'd have to work with Calli and them." Rikku replied, "You just wanna see me in a cheerleading outfit."

"It wouldn't be a bad thing." He smirked, "Anyways you look good in everything you're in." His eyes travelled down her body, "Damn good."

"Eyes up here, mister." She smiled, tilting his head up. He smiled, about to kiss her until they heard Yuna scream:

"TIDUS! WAKKA! GO BESAID AUROCHS! BEAT THOSE ZANARKAND LOSERS!"

They quickly covered their ears as Lulu surprisingly joined in:

"YES! GO WAKKA! BEAT THEIR ASS! SHOW THEM WHO'S THE DADDY!"

Rikku glanced at Squall, holding her hands tightly to her ears, "And they call me crazy?" He shrugged and tried to avoid being hit by Yuna and Lulu who where jumping around crazily.

After things settled down with Yuna and Lulu, they began watching the game. Yuna and Lulu cussing and yelling everytime Tidus and Wakka got hit.

"HEY!" Yuna shouted, watching as Tidus was pushed roughly into a wall, "WATCH IT YOU BIG JERK! YOU COULD'VE HURTED HIM, ASSHOLE!"

"Yuna, calm down." Rikku smiled as Squall looked at Yuna in shock. Did she just cuss? Yuna sighed angrily and sat down, glaring at the ref for not calling that a foul.

"Can you tell that she's related to me now?" Rikku asked smiling at Squall.

He nodded, still not believing Yuna had a oddly mean side to her. That's when he realized everyone had more then one side, even Lulu. Even though she mostly showed her bitchy side, everyone knew she had love towards Wakka and the others. Then Squall remembered something...

"So, Rikku, have any plans next week?" He asked. Rikku's jaw dropped as she quickly looked away. He knew she knew what he was talking about. The birthday that everyone except him knew about, "There aren't any occasions coming up that I should know about is there?"

"I'm thirsty, aren't you? I'll get us something to drink." Rikku replied, trying to get up but he quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her down.

"Rikku, why didn't you tell me about your birthday?" He asked, watching her look away sadly.

"I didn't want you to know." She muttered softly, not wanting to look at him.

"Why not?" He asked, looking at her in confusion. Why was she so upset about him knowing about her birthday?

"Because I didn't want you to feel like you had to give me something."

He looked at her in amusement, "And you say I think too much."

She looked up at him, smiling, "Well you do."

"So do you." He smiled, caressing her hair, "Do you want something?"

She raised an eyebrow, looking at him in confusion, "Is that a trick question?"

"I'm taking that as a 'yes'." He laughed, "Then I'm gonna get you something."

"No...you don't have to." She replied.

"So your forcing Yuna, Lulu, Wakka, Tidus and everyone else to get you something?" He asked. She nodded, smiling happily. Turning back to watch the game. He wasn't going to let her off that easily. He moved his hand from her waist to turn her head back to him. "I'm getting you something rather you like it or not."

"Squallie-"

"That's final." He interrupted, giving her a stern look. She smiled, wrapping her arms around him and resting her head in the crook of his neck.

"You're wonderful." She whispered sweetly in his ear.

"YES! YES! WE WIN!" Yuna shouted jumping up and down as Lulu stuck her tongue out at the opposing team.

Rikku and Squall looked at the court in shock to see the Besaid Aurochs cheering victoriously.

"Aw...we missed it!" Rikku pouted, looking at the people sadly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll show a replay." Squall said, looking up at the screen, "See, there it is."

Rikku quickly looked up at the screen, watching as Tidus made the winning goal.

Yuna continued jumping around, not noticing her chain was swinging around until it hit Squall in the face.

"Ouch, Yuna, watch it!" Squall muttered, rubbing his cheek in pain, "Where'd you get such a...hey, is that Tidus's?" He asked, examining the necklace.

"Oh! Sorry, Squall." She apologized sheepishly, "Yes that's Tidus's."

"He claimed her." Rikku said, still looking at the screen.

Squall glanced at her then back at Yuna in confusion, "Claimed you?"

Yuna blushed, looking away. "Yeah, y'know. Claimed her. It's kinda like a promise ring, but it's a necklace. Get it?" Rikku replied.

"Although Rikku tends to make it sound like Yuna's Tidus' pet dog." Lulu said.

"I think it's sweet." Rikku said, smiling up at Yuna, "It's not everyday you see a guy give away the most important thing in his life to his girl."

Squall looked at her as Yuna and Lulu ran off to go meet Wakka and Tidus. Rikku was about to go to until Squall grabbed her, pulling out a chain from his pocket and taking off his Lionheart ring. Rikku watched in shock and confusion. Was he about to...? No, he wouldn't.

"What...what are you doing?" She asked as he slipped the ring onto the chain.

He held the 'necklace' up, handing it to Rikku, "Here."

"You're...you're giving me your Lionheart ring?" She asked, looking at the ring then him, "E tuh'd pameaja ed. (I don't believe it.)"

He smiled, leaning forward to click the chain around her neck, "Think of it as an early birthday gift. One of the many you will be receiving from me."

"Are you guys coming?" Yuna asked, walking back to them. She noticed Rikku holding a ring in her hand. "Rikku?" She glanced at Squall, Rikku, then back at the ring, "Have you just been claimed?"

Rikku smiled then looked back at Squall, "Lulu's right. That does make it sound like I'm your dog."

Squall smiled back, lightly tapping her on the back, "Come on, let's go join the Aurochs' celebration."

"WOOO! GO AUROCHS!" Rikku cheered, hopping off his lap and running to Yuna.

"BESAID AUROCHS WOOOO!" Yuna smiled, cheering along with her. They stopped to look at Squall, smiling as he looked at them in confusion. Then he realized what they wanted.

He sighed, knowing no one was going to let him live this down, "WOOOO! AUROCHS ROCK!" He cheered, people around him surprisingly began to join in. He watched in amazement as they screamed and hugged eachother, some even patting him on the back.

"Leave it to Squallie to get the party started." Rikku joked.

PAINTBALL FIGHT

Yuna and Lulu told Rikku that they were all going out to have a paintball fight for her birthday with the guys, still planning her surprise birthday that was going to be the next day. They all got ready and piled up in Squall's car. Rikku in front with him, Yuna and Lulu in the back sitting on Wakka's and Tidus' laps. Squall knew they were crowded back there so to get back at Tidus and Wakka he would make sharp turns at corners, causing them to crash into eachother.

"Squallie!" Rikku laughed, looking back at Wakka and Tidus who were bunched together because of a turn he made, "Stop being so mean!"

Squall smirked as Lulu leaned forward to smack him in the back of the head. "Jerk! I'm getting pummelled back here!" She yelled.

He rubbed the back of his head, glaring at her through the rear view mirror, "You can always walk." He replied angrily.

"Right!" She rolled her eyes, settling back in Wakka's lap comfortably, "I would like to see you walk while being pregnant."

He rolled his eyes, turning his attention back on the road. Lulu was starting to get more bitchier then ever now that her pregnancy hormones were kicking in. Squall was starting to feel sorry for Wakka, having to deal with that almost everyday must be hell.

"So it's gonna be boys against girls right?" Yuna asked, looking at a map of the paintball fight grounds. It consisted of being mostly in the woods, people being able to run around and shoot their opponents.

"Yup," Rikku replied cheerfully, "And I think I speak for both Lulu and me when I say I'm glad you're on our side, Yunie."

Tidus snorted, smiling confidently at Yuna, "We're still gonna beat ya."

Yuna quirked an eyebrow and smirked, "Don't be so sure, mister. I'm pretty good when it comes to guns, remember?"

He cocked his head to the side, still smiling, "You're ok...for a chick."

"WHAT!" Yuna, Rikku, and Lulu turned to glare angrily at him.

"Oooh, Tidus, wrong thing to say, man." Squall said, shaking his head.

"Ya, brudda, I would advise you to run but...seeing as we're in a car, you're trapped." Wakka said, watching as the girls never took their angry gazes off of Tidus.

Rikku finally turned around, looking down and reaching for her daggers. Squall watched in amusement as she picked them up, examined them to see if they were sharpened, and turned to lean over her seat to get to Tidus.

"WHOA! RIKKU!" Tidus yelped, backing up before she could get him.

"Rikku, it's ok." Yuna said, getting in between them, "We'll handle this at the paintball place." She glanced at Lulu, seeing she was holding a sharp object, "You too, Lulu. Put the weapon down. We'll show these guys how helpless we are because we're girls."

Rikku and Lulu smiled, nodding. "Ok, Yunie, but any more smart remarks from Chocobo hair and I'll teach him a lesson with my daggers." Rikku said, glaring at him then turning to sit back in her seat.

"Thanks a lot, dumbass." Wakka muttered, glaring at Tidus. He knew that when the girls were out for revenge that they'd come with full force. Which means this was no longer a game, it was war. He also knew that Lulu would be the least person with good sportsmanship because she's mad at him for eating the last piece of chicken that she was craving.

"Nice confidence, Wakka." Tidus muttered, "C'mon, guys, where's your positive attitudes"

"It went out the window when you turned this little fun 'game' into war of the sexes." Squall replied.

"It's ok." Rikku smiled, "We were just waiting for one of you guys to screw up and say something like that. We were planning on killing you guys out there anyways."

"Killing us?" Squall asked, glancing at her in shock. So it was war they wanted? He was going to go easy on her because it was her birthday, but now she was talking like she could out shoot him. She gave him an innocent adorable smile, but it wasn't fooling him. He knew their plan, play all cutesy and innocent now but when they get out there they'd start shooting with no mercy. "Ok, Rikku." He smirked, "If it's war you want, it's war you get."

Her jaw dropped in shock, "Oh no, Squallie! I didn't mean it like that!" She said, "Please go easy on us! It's our first time, we just wanna get back at Tidus!"

"Hey!" Tidus yelled angrily.

"And Wakka for eating the last chicken." Lulu added, glaring at him as he gulped nervously, "Don't think I forgot about that."

"Right." Squall said, not believing her. He could see past her 'innocent' act.

"No really! We're just all talk!" Rikku said, looking at him with pleading eyes, "You wouldn't hurt a pregnant girl and two defenseless Al Bheds would you?"

"Yeah, Squall, we're just scrawny little girls." Yuna said, pouting out her lower lip.

Tidus snorted, "Yeah right." He smiled at Yuna's adorable pout.

Squall had to look away from Rikku's face, she looked so cute and adorable that he'd agree to take it easy on them if he looked at her any longer. "You're not fooling anyone, Rikku." He replied, trying not to look at her, "Plus Brother told me that you guys go paintball fighting every year."

"Mayja ed du res du sacc ed ib vun ic! (Leave it to him to mess it up for us!)" Rikku muttered angrily. They'd have to work harder then usual to win now. She was hoping her whole 'hopeless girl' routine was going to get him. They'd have a bigger chance on winning if Squall went easy on them, she knew he had excellent aim like Yuna. Tidus and Wakka wouldn't be much of a challenge because they were use to using weapons like swords.

Squall smiled, glancing at her, "Your plan didn't work out the way you expected?" He asked as she glared at him.

Her glare went away, replaced by a huge sweet smile, "So you caught me, it's ok. We're still gonna kick your guys' sorry butts."

"Yeah!" Yuna cheered.

"Oh really? How much you wanna bet?" Squall asked.

Rikku eye-balled him quizzically, "Bet?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, you guys are so sure you're gonna win. How much you wanna bet that you will get your asses handed to you?"

Oh, so now he wants to bet that they're gonna lose? She'll show him! "Fine, mister! If we win then...you gotta teach me how to use your gunblade!"

Yuna, Tidus, Wakka, and Lulu gasped, looking at Squall and waiting for his answer. He tilted his head to the side, thinking. It wouldn't hurt to teach her how to use a sword, it might actually be good for her to learn how to use more weapons then just her daggers. With him training her, she could get stronger too. "Ok." He agreed, "But if we win you have to come camping with me."

"Camping?" Yuna, Tidus, Wakka, and Lulu asked in unison. What's wrong with camping? That's no threat to Rikku, she liked nature.

"Camping?" Rikku asked in confusion, "Ok, sure, why not?"

"Deal?" Squall asked, trying to hold back his smirk.

"Deal." Rikku smiled, shaking his hand.

"Uh...where do you want to go camping, Squall?" Yuna asked, knowing there was more it then just regular camping.

"Thunder Plains." He replied.

"THUNDER PLAINS?" Rikku shrieked, "NO WAY!"

"We already shook on it." He said, "You can't back out."

She sighed, nodding nervously. "It doesn't matter, we're gonna win anyways." She muttered.

"Right." He knew Rikku was terrified of the Thunder Plains, but Mr. Omni was right when he said she needed to face her fears. Rikku had two fears: losing a loved one and thunderstorms. Squall knew she could overcome being frightened of thunderstorms if she camped out in the Thunder Plains for awhile. He'd be there to help her also, and with her astraphobia gone she'd be stronger. It was best if she got rid of it now before her opponents find out her weakness and use lightning against her.

CLASKO'S PAINTBALL ARENA

Squall let Wakka and Lulu find a spot to park his car as he, Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku went to get the supplies. The place was owned by one of their fellow student from school, Clasko. He use to be a shy, sweet guy until he became wealthy after opening a successful Chocobo Ranch. Now he thought that he was better then everyone and that he could get any girl he wanted.

"Hiya, Clasko!" Rikku greeted cheerfully as they walked up to the front desk.

"Girls!" Clasko smiled, looking at Yuna and Rikku happily, rubbing his hands together, "Aren't we looking especially hot today?"

Yuna and Rikku giggled, looking at him shyly. Squall and Tidus rolled their eyes, looking at Clasko like he was crazy. They knew the girls loved flattery. They also knew that Clasko knew that. Clasko, Yuna, and Rikku went to Middle School together when Clasko was still a loser. They'd always talk to him and befriend him to make him feel better, they also helped him when he started up his chocobo idea.

"What a corny bastard." Tidus said to Squall, he was still looking at Clasko. Squall nodded in agreement walking up to the front desk.

"We need six paintball guns and suits." He said, looking behind Clasko at the many selections of guns.

"Hold on there, Lionheart." Clasko said, placing a hand on Squall's shoulder. Squall glared at his hand then up at him, grimacing. "Let's chat first, huh? I need to know more about my beautiful ladies. We haven't talked in so long."

"Your beautiful ladies?" Tidus asked angrily. Yuna placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. She loved Tidus with all her heart and she knew Rikku loved Squall, but they really needed to deal with their jealousy problems. And they say women are bad?

"Maybe we should just get our stuff and go." Yuna suggested, knowing that Clasko was going to do or say something to make Squall or Tidus attack him. She liked Clasko, but he didn't know when he was crossing the line.

"No, it's ok, Yuna. Tidus won't mind, would you?" Clasko didn't even wait to hear his response as he walked between Rikku and Yuna, putting an arm around them, "I knew you'd understand, man."

"I'm gonna..." Tidus stopped, seeing Yuna look at him with pleading eyes. He knew she didn't want him to get hot-headed and start something just because a guy was flirting with her. He knew he was being stupid for acting jealous, there's no way he could beat up every guy that flirted with her. So he decided to let it go. But if Clasko got too friendly, then he'd interfer.

Squall glared at him and then glanced at the guns and supplies behind the counter. So Clasko thinks that he can just claim any girl that he sees? Well he made one mistake, he is flirting with the wrong girl. Squall wasn't going to punch him like he knew Tidus wanted to, he was going to mess with him.

"We don't have time for chatting. Can we get our guns?" Squall asked. He decided to give Clasko another chance to stop acting like a lady's man and do his job.

"Isn't your birthday coming up, Rikku?" Clasko asked, ignoring Squall, "I got you the most perfect lingerie. I think it should fit you." He looked her up and down slowly, "Though I think your boobs grew, let me see."

Rikku made a disgusted face and pushed him away, "No!"

Yuna took his arm from off of her shoulder, "We would really like to get our stuff now." She said, knowing Squall was glaring holes into Clasko.

"Chill, babe, we got forever." Clasko said, reaching for them again. He pulled them back into an embrace, Yuna and Rikku sighed.

Squall shrugged, he tried to give him a chance. He looked back at the supply, hopping over the counter like he did at the carnival. Tidus spotted him, smiling happily. He glanced at Yuna, giving her an 'I'm sorry' look, then he jumped over the counter too.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Guys! You can't go back there!" Clasko yelled, walking up to the counter.

"Like I haven't heard that before." Squall muttered, grabbing a paintball gun, examining it.

"I'm not playing!" Clasko replied angrily, "Get back her or I'll..."

Squall pulled out his gunblade and pointed it at Clasko's throat, still examining the paintball gun, "Or you'll what?"

Rikku and Yuna glanced at eachother, smiling alittle. What were they going to do with these guys? They were so rebellious when it came to not having their way and people messing with their girls. At least they stopped using their fists to solve problems, now they just threatened.

"I found the paintballs!" Tidus said, digging through a big barrel.

"Stop that!" Clasko shrieked angrily, "I organized them by color!"

"We'll be yellow!" Rikku said happily, catching the paintballs as Tidus tossed them to her.

"We're red then." Tidus said, loading up his gun.

"Stop them!" Clasko said, looking at Rikku and Yuna desperately.

"Guys, let's go. We got our stuff." Yuna said, feeling sorry for Clasko.

"Oh!" Wakka smiled as he and Lulu joined them in the room, "We can go back there?"

"NO!" Clasko cried out. Wakka didn't listen, he hopped over the counter and tossed Squall his keys.

"What happened?" Lulu asked, watching the guys rummage through the equipment in the back.

"Clasko's a perv, that's what happened." Rikku replied, "He use to be so sweet in Middle School too."

"Ok, we're done." Squall said, hopping back over the counter. He looked at Clasko's frightened face, "You know about Rikku's party?" He asked, low enough for only Clasko to hear.

Clasko gulped and nodded.

"Well you're not invited." Squall walked to the girls, handing them their stuff, "See you guys out there."

"Prepare to lose." Yuna said with complete confidence.

Squall smirked a little, "Right." He walked away, Tidus and Wakka following him.

"Plan B, guys?" Lulu asked, smiling at the door they walked out of.

"Plan B." Rikku nodded.

"Can't we just do this fair and square?" Yuna asked. She didn't like doing 'plan b'. It made her uncomfortable.

"C'mon, Yunie! If you got it flaunt it!" Rikku smiled, loading her paintball gun.

PAINTBALL ARENA

Lulu, Yuna, and Rikku walked out onto the paintball grounds. It was a big area with a lot of trees and hiding areas, it reminded them of Macalania Woods.

"Are you guys sure you wanna use plan b?" Yuna asked, "Can't we make this a fair fight?"

"Even though I know we're not weak...it's just the guys are stronger then us. Squall has better aim then you, Yuna." Lulu said, "Let's move out, you know what you must do." Rikku nodded happily as Yuna sighed. She really didn't want to use plan b, Tidus was having enough trouble controlling hisself as it was. If she were to start distracting him, things might get harder for him.

"Rikku, you might wanna take Yuna with you. I don't think she can go through with the plan by herself." Lulu said, noticing her expression.

"Gotcha." Rikku smiled warmly at Yuna, placing an arm on her shoulder, "Don't worry, Yunie. We'll just do the old routine for you. It won't be too tough on Chocobo hair."

Yuna nodded, "Ok...thanks, Rikku."

Lulu smiled, slapping them on the butts, "Get on out there, girls! We're gonna win!"

Yuna and Rikku smiled widely then ran off into the woods.

LULU

Lulu stood in the middle of the woods, waiting for her prey to arrive. She heard a crunch, the sound of a big foot stepping on a twig and breaking it. Then and there she knew who it was. 'Wakka.' She smiled.

"Darnit!' Wakka hit hisself in the head, mentally kicking hisself for making noise. 'Odd...' Lulu didn't seem to hear the sound, which was odd because Lulu hears everything. She just stood there, paintball gun in one hand, she was examining her nails on her other one. 'Well if this is their strategy then they're gonna lose, ya?' Wakka thought, finding a good angle to shoot her.

Lulu realized he was getting ready to shoot. The rules to getting a person completely out of the game was using all your paintballs on them, which was 30 paintballs. 'Let's do this.' Lulu smiled. She placed her paintball gun on the ground, causing Wakka to stop and watch her in confusion and curiousity. She began taking off her vest, hoping this plan worked because if it didn't then it'll be very painful for her. After her vest dropped she reached for the hem of her shirt, slowly pulling it off.

Wakka's jaw dropped in shock as he watched her, his paintball gun falling to the ground. What was she doing? They were at war not some beach where she can just take off her clothes and sunbathe. And that was just what she was doing. She wore nothing but short shorts and her black laced bra with big black sunglasses. He knew something wasn't right. He may not be the smartest guy in the world but he knew Lulu better then anything. He knew she wouldn't just take off her clothes and sunbathe knowing that someone was out there waiting to shoot her. Even if he could shoot her now, he was afraid to because he didn't want to hit her in the stomache and injure the baby.

She was lying on the ground next to her gun, hands interlaced behind her head. She began wondering what was taking him so long. Maybe he was getting suspicious about her actions. She knew he knew it wasn't like her to do something like this, especially when she had Rikku's bet on the line. She was beginning to think she made a big mistake until she heard the sound of someone coming towards her.

"What do you think you're doing, Lu?" Wakka asked, looking down at her sunbathed face.

"Sunbathing." She replied, smirking a little.

"I can see that?" Wakka said, trying to keep his eyes on her face, "But...um...why are you doing this here and now?"

She smiled this time, gently and slowly moving her foot up his leg, "I ain't gonna just jump into the fight, Wakka. I thought I'd stop and take a break first, ya know?"

He looked at her with confusion. This wasn't like Lulu. What was she up to? He was trying to think what it could be but his mind and eyes kept going to her body. "I...uh...guess. Aren't you just alittle worried that you'll get shot?...And you're not wearing your vest so that could hurt...a lot."

"Yeah it would. But I know you wouldn't shoot me, would you, Wakka?" She asked in a seductive voice.

He shook his head, becoming intranced by her body. He'd never understand how Lulu always got him hynotized by just being by him. "I'd never do that, Lu...but Tidus and Squall could be around here and they wouldn't hesitate."

"I know those jerks wouldn't. But you're a sweetheart, Wakka. Plus I know they went after Yuna and Rikku." She smiled as he nodded. 'I'm so sorry, Wakka.' She thought, feeling guilty and bad for having to do this to him. "Can you get me my sun tan lotion?" She asked, watching him stare at her body. Typical guy...

"What?" He asked dumby.

"Sun tan lotion. Over there." She smiled as he stared at her in confusion.

"Oh!" He blurted out, turning around to look for the lotion.

She quickly grabbed her paintball gun and stood up, aiming it at him, "Wakka, I love you."

He turned around, smiling widely, "I love you too..." His smile faded as he looked at her in shock, "YOU CHEATER!"

She smiled sweetly as she released her paintballs on him. One down, two to go.

YUNA & RIKKU

Rikku and Yuna heard the sound of a paintball gun going off. "I hope that was Lu's gun." Yuna said, stopping to see if she could hear anything to confirm that Wakka was out.

"It had to be. Tubby would never shoot Lulu when she's half-nakey." Rikku replied, seeing a flash of yellow out of the corner of her eye. She loved her thief senses, they allowed her to pay close attention to the little things. 'Yellow equals Chocobo hair.' She thought, smiling at Yuna.

"What is it?" Yuna asked, lowering her voice, "Is someone around?"

"Tie your boot, Yunie." Rikku said, walking to hide behind a bush.

Yuna sighed and nodded, knowing what she meant. She felt bad for cheating like this but she felt even worse for being used as bait. She bent over and began messing with the lace on her boots.

Tidus was walking down a trail, stopping when he saw a very pleasant scene infront of him. He knew it was rude and bad for him to stop and stare, but he couldn't help it. Everything in his body was telling him to stop and look at the beautiful view infront of him.

Squall saw Tidus standing still, he seemed to be looking at something. Not looking...oogling something with his eyes. He turned his head to notice Yuna 'tying' her boot, her butt perfectly in Tidus's seeing range. 'Great! They're using the oldest trick in the book and he's falling for it!' Squall sighed, seeing Rikku slowly get up from behind a bush. 'Shit...' "TIDUS!" He shouted, trying to get him to notice Rikku.

POP! POP! POP! Rikku began shooting, hitting Tidus right in his chest. Yuna ran to him as he fell on the ground, checking to see if he was ok.

Rikku smiled, seeing Tidus wince in pain, "Got him! Stop babying him, Yunie. He's ok, just leave him there."

"I'd like to see you get hit by 30 paintballs, Rikku!" Tidus said angrily, "Geez, Yuna, that was very mean of you."

"I'm so sorry, Tidus. Rikku made me!" Yuna said.

"Hey! I..." POP! Rikku felt something hit her chest hard. She looked down to see red paint in the middle of her chest. She looked up she see Squall smiling at her. "Ouch, Squallie! That hurted, you meanie!"

"Told you!" Tidus said, Yuna still hugging him and caressing him. He wasn't in pain anymore but he pretended to be so Yuna would baby him some more.

"How's it feel to be hit when you're distracted?" Squall asked.

Rikku gasped, an offended look on her face. "Are you trying to say I set Tidus up, Mr. Leonheart?"

"What I'm trying to say is you girls aren't playing fair."

'Uh oh...he knows our plan.' Rikku smiled sweetly then quickly fleed.

"Get back here!" Squall shouted, running after her.

"Rikku's gonna get it...but if he gets her out I'm gonna be forced to get him out." Yuna said.

Tidus shrugged, "So you guys outwitted us. Not very fair, smart...but not fair."

"What can we say?" Yuna smiled, "We knew you guys couldn't resist us...But if we did play fair we would've kicked your butts anyways!"

"Oh really? I want a rematch!"

Rikku stopped, it was dead end. "Knayd! (Great!)" She muttered, knowing she was trapped.

"That's the thing I like about this place...lots of dead ends."

She turned around and saw him raise his paintball gun to aim at her.

"If you get me out you still have Yunie and Lulu too! We win already!" Rikku said, mostly to convince him to not shoot her.

He tilted his head to the side and smiled, "Yeah...but it'll still feel good to get you out."

"That's not nice!" Rikku pouted. She could tell that there was no convincing him...but she had one little idea left. She got on her knees and looked at him with pleading eyes, "Please, Squallie. Spare a young Al Bhed's life!"

He smiled, knowing what she was trying to do. He wasn't going to let her off that easily. "Don't start that, Rikku. It won't work."

"Fine." She sighed, "Go ahead and do it." She closed her eyes and waited for him to shoot.

Was she giving in? He hadn't expected that, he figured she'd try every trick in the book to stop him and win the game for the girls. But now that she was surrendering he couldn't find it in him to shoot her. Paintball gun or not.

She slowly opened her eyes to see what was taking him so long. She smiled when she found that he was standing infront of her, his gun no longer pointed at her. He couldn't do it? He glanced down at her and sighed, dropping his gun.

Rikku pulled him down to her, crushing her mouth against his. He responded back fervently, wrapping his arms around her.

She slowly pulled back, looking at him apologetically. "Cunno. (Sorry.)" He looked at her in confusion before feeling 30 paintballs hit his chest.

He looked down in shock as he saw red paint all over him. Rikku tricked him! And he fell for it! To make things worse she defeated him with his own paintball gun.

"I'm soooo sorry, Squallie!" Rikku apologized, "I didn't think you'd fall for it!"

"You're evil!" Squall said, "You used your good looks to trick me!"

Rikku tossed the paintball gun away, feeling real bad for what she did, "I'm sorry! I thought you would've got me out! Then when you didn't I saw my opportunity!" She hugged him tightly as he stood still in shock.

Never in a million years would he believe that he would stop once he had a perfect opportunity to end something. And he did today because seeing Rikku helpless like that made him want to help her instead of finish her off. He shook out of his shock, looking down at Rikku crushed against his chest apologizing repeatedly.

"It's ok." He smiled.

"Huh?" She asked, looking up at him dumbly, "It's ok?"

"Yeah...I'm proud of you."

"Ok...now you're just creeping me out." She said, "You do know I won right?"

He nodded, "It's good to know that if you don't hesitate when you see your opportunity."

"Like you?" She asked, smiling. Her smile quickly went away as he lightly glared at her, "Sorry."

"Yes like me." He smiled, pulling her back into a hug. With some practice and a lot of training Rikku could become a good fighter. Now because of the bet they made, Squall would be the one training her.

"Aw, man, did we lose?" Tidus asked as he and Yuna approached them.

Squall and Rikku turned to look at them and smile. "She got me." He replied.

Yuna and Tidus looked at them in shock. "She got you? How did that happen?" Yuna asked. Then again she knew Rikku would come up with some sneaky plan to trick Squall.

"Better question: Why are you two on your knees?" Tidus asked.

Squall rolled his eyes, getting up and lending a hand to Rikku to help her up.

"I'm guessing we won." Lulu said, looking at the paint on Squall. A little was smudged on Rikku because she was hugging him.

"Aw man, Squall, I was counting on you!" Wakka said.

"Ha! You owe me chicken!" Lulu said, smiling victoriously at Wakka.

"And you owe me a romantic date!" Yuna said, looking at Tidus.

He nodded, "Ok, I can do that."

"Yeah right." Wakka and Squall said.

"When do we start the training?" Rikku asked excitedly.

"Soon...but don't expect me to go easy on you." He replied.

Rikku gulped nervously. She knew Squall was going to work her to the bone, he was serious when it came to this 'training' stuff. He won't give her a break no matter how much he loves her.

"Fryd ryja E kuddah socamv eh du? (What have I gotten myself in to?)" She muttered.












< br>