Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Ch 13 Letters From Other Worlds ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 13: LETTERS FROM OTHER WORLDS


"This is going to be the last letter you recieve and write to your penpal so make it count." Mrs. Lee said as the class settled in the room.

"Last?" Yuna asked sadly, "But I was just getting to know my penpal."

"I'm sorry, Yuna, but something's come up. We won't be able to write to them anymore." Mrs. Lee replied, "To your computers."

The class obeyed, getting up to go to their computers. Yuna and Rikku felt something pull them back, into a corner. They turned to see Lulu looking at them, looking nervous and sad.

"Lu?" Rikku asked, confused, "What's wrong? Why'd you pull us over here?"

Lulu looked around cautiously, making sure no one was around to hear them, "You guys...something horrible happened."

Yuna looked at her with concern, "Horrible? What happened, Lulu? You ok?" She examined her body to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"No I'm not ok!" Lulu cried out, still looking around. Everyone was already at their computers typing as Mrs. Lee talked on the phone with someone.

"You don't look hurt." Rikku commented, "Did Tubby do something to you?"

Lulu nodded sadly, looking down shamefully.

"What he do?" Rikku yelled angrily, "Did he hurt you! I'll handle that jerk!"

"Wakka hit you?" Yuna asked, shocked and angered, "Just tell us, Lulu. I got a bullet with his name on it!"

"Shush!" Lulu said, seeing that they were causing people to stare, "It's not that!"

"Then what is it?" Rikku asked, confused, "I'm wasting very valuable write-to-Yuffie time."

"Yeah, I need to write to Lenne too." Yuna added, still concerned that Lulu was looking so...nervous.

"I'm pregnant." She whispered softly, "I found out last week."

Rikku and Yuna didn't say anything. They stared at her in shock, their mouths wide open. Lulu sighed, expecting them to react this way. She knew they weren't going to be happy and jump around like they always do. At least they didn't faint like Wakka did. Lulu watched as Yuna almost fell, Rikku quickly catching her. So much for them not fainting...

"P-pregnant?" Yuna asked, trying to gain consciousness, "Wakka...Wakka knows?"

Lulu nodded sadly, "Yes."

"Lulu!" Rikku said, trying not to get so loud, "You and Tubby had sex?"

Lulu nodded, "Plenty of times. The first time was at the beach."

"Eww!" Rikku shrieked, giving her a disgusted look, "I didn't ask all that!"

"Uncle Cid isn't gonna be happy." Yuna said, glancing down at Lulu's stomache, "Not happy at all."

"I know...that's why I want you two to tell him." Lulu said.

"Us?" They asked in unison. There's no way they could break that news to him, he'd go ballistic.

"We're not miracle workers, Lu!" Yuna said, about to have a panic attack, "Didn't you see how he reacted when Rikku showed up with Squall?"

"Yeah! He went crazy! Pops is gonna kill us, then Wakka, then you!" Rikku said, "I don't know why he's gonna kill us, though...but he will!"

"Please?" Lulu begged, "All the times I did those things for you...could you please do this for me?"

Rikku and Yuna looked at eachother then sighed, defeated. Lulu has done a lot of things for them...they could do this one little thing for her.

"I guess nothing is for free." Yuna muttered, "We'll do it, Lu."

Lulu smiled, it was the biggest smile they seen from her, "Thanks so much!" She said, pulling them into a tight hug.

"Can't...breathe..." Rikku muttered.

"This can't be good for the baby, Lulu." Yuna said, feeling her body being crushed against Rikku's and Lulu's.

Lulu nodded, releasing them, "Sorry." She apologized, smiling sheepishly.

"What you and Wakka gonna do about the baby?" Rikku asked, "You keeping it?"

Lulu looked down, "We're...we're not sure yet."

"Why not?" Yuna asked curiously.

"He says..."

"Girls! You have only 10 minutes to write to your penpals. I suggest you get over here and start." Mrs. Lee yelled.

Yuna nodded, "Coming, Mrs. Lee!" She turned to look at Lulu, "We'll talk later, k?"

Lulu nodded, walking to her computer.

YUFFIE

Riks! Of course you can call me Yuffster! I kinda like that name! Sheesh, your dad and my dad seem like they'd get along. Yeah, Cloud can be a sweetie when he wants to...that's probably why I had a crush on him. But not no more...now I have a fetish for dark, mysterious gunmen. I'm glad things are good with you and your friends, still no luck with a suitable husband for me. Guess what! We got a new recruit. Her name is Tifa Lockheart. Cloud seems to know her real well, he nearly wet his pants and fainted when he saw her...but this can't be good for Aeris. I think I see a love triangle in the near future. She's my age too! But I think her birthday's coming up. Anyways, she practically ran into Cloud's arms, crying and saying something about her being sorry...I wonder about what? Anyways she's joining us, but mostly to help Cloud. She says she can't stay long...I wonder why? The "L" word sucks? I'm thinking you love Squallie but you can't tell him or something. I know how you feel. This sucks that this is our last time to write eachother...I'd love to meet you in person. Maybe one day....till then, farewell!

Riks? I love it! Yeah...but I have a feeling my dad's gonna go beserk once Yunie and I tell him something about Lulu. You had a crush on Cloud? Wow...you must be a lot like me then. Tifa sounds like a past love for Cloud or something...you're right, that can't be good for Aeris. My birthday's coming up too, but I haven't told Squallie because I don't want him to worry about getting me something...he already did! We finally told eachother how we feel...I feel so great now! Now all you have to do is tell Vinnie. It does suck that this is the last time. I do have I feeling we will meet though...I don't know why...I just sense it.

LENNE

The guy I can't leave without? I think he is...I had several more dreams...so I've been travelling. Mostly to get away and take a breath from life. While getting away, I ran into my friend. I'm gonna tell him...everything. But first I'm gonna help him, I can't let him go through this alone. When it's all over...he'll know the truth. I can't allow you to help me, Yuna. I'm a lost cause. Just go on with Tidus, be happy. Oh...tell Squall and Rikku I'm sorry. They won't understand until later. Goodbye for good.

I'm glad you decided to tell your friend the truth, and please be careful when your helping him. How do you know Rikku and Squall? What do you mean your'e sorry? Is someone gonna get hurt?...I guess there's no point in asking these questions because you can't write back...I hope all goes well with you, good-bye.

Yuna shut off her computer, not feeling satisfied. There was something going on...she sensed it was horrible. She felt it was connected to her in some way. How did this Lenne girl know Rikku and Squall?...Was something bad going to happen?

CLOUD

Rikku sounds a lot like Aeris...I had a visitor the other day. Remember my childhood friend I told you about? She's back. I felt...shocked and happy. It feels so good to see her again. But something's wrong. She seems...sad. She keeps apologizing to me, I wonder why. Now I have to take care of her and Aeris...no, I don't have to. I want to. You're gonna tell Rikku, huh? You should be careful when you do that. You gotta let her down easy. I guess this is our last good-bye...maybe one day we'll meet up. If we do, then maybe we can have a little challenge. What do you think?

I think I'm gonna crush you...but if you want to lose then ok. She's back? Damn, love triangles suck. I hope I never get in one of those. Yeah, I'm gonna tell her. It's the right thing to do. Good luck with the whole 'leader' thing...it seems like you have a lot in your hands now.

Squall sent the message, seeing there was another email in his inbox. 'Hmm...' It was titled 'Kingdom Hearts'. He clicked it, knowing what it was about. He was one of the few people that knew of the other worlds. He was also one of the few that was going to try to stop what was going to happen. He read the note, seeing an assignment he had to do.

SORA

Still concieted I see. Yes Riku's his same way...but Kairi and I are concerned about him. All he does now is sit around and daydream. What I feel about Kairi is none of your business! Who am I kidding? Of course I love her...Selphie left a couple days after you guys did. Wakka has a girl too? This is too cool! Hey, Tidus, since this is probably the last time we talk, can I tell you something? I've been feeling weird lately...I don't know what it is. Everytime I try to tell Riku about it he usually tunes me out or tells me to shut up. He says he's trying to contact someone...he's weird. And Kairi looks at me weird. I think something bad is gonna happen.

Not concieted, convinced. You have some competition for Kairi's heart though. Doesn't Riku have a thing for her too? Anyways, you sick or something? What do you mean by weird? And Riku's just being his regular self, just ignore him. That's weird that Selphie left...I wonder where she moved to. Something bad's gonna happen?...don't think that, man. Think positive thoughts! Now I'm starting to sound like Selphie. Just...be careful and take care of yourself and Kairi, ok? I'm sure Riku can handle himself.

Tidus turned off his computer, feeling bad he couldn't tell Sora something bad was going to happen. That's when he saw another email titled, 'Kingdom Hearts.' "It's almost time." He muttered, clicking on it.

"Hey, sweetie!" Yuna smiled, coming up behind Tidus and kissing him on the cheek.

"Yuna!" Tidus quickly logged off his computer, smiling at Yuna nervously.

Yuna sat down next to him, still smiling. "There's a carnival coming to Luca. Rikku and I were thinking we should all go. What do you think?"

"Ok." Tidus smiled, "When is it?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight?" Tidus asked, remembering that he had to do something really important with Squall and Wakka, "I can't tongiht."

"Why not?" Yuna asked confused, "Blitzball practice or something?"

"Er...no. I just gotta do something very important."

"Oh...ok." Yuna said, she didn't want to pressure him into telling her. If he wanted to, then he would.

"You're...you're not gonna ask me what?" He asked, shocked. All the other girls he asked always asked a lot of questions.

Yuna shrugged, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Tidus smiled, becoming even more attracted to her. "Your amazing." He said, pulling her into a kiss.

"Ok." Yuna said, alittle confused, smiling at him as they pulled apart, "But whatever it is you have to do...just be careful."

"I'm always careful!" Tidus smiled, caressing her cheek, "But I'll tell you what, we'll go to the carnival first...ok?"

"Really?" Yuna asked, excited, "You don't have to you know..."

"I know." He interrupted, pushing hair behind her ear, "But I want to. You seem excited about it so we'll go."

"Ok! Rikku's just gonna go ask Squall. Be ready by eight." She kissed him then got up, walking away happily.

"Shit!" Tidus muttered, realizing what he just did, "Squall's gonna kill me." He glanced up at Yuna across the room, smiling and chatting happily. 'But Yuna's happy. That's all that matters...Man, I'm so whipped.'

"Is there something you want, Rikku?" Squall asked, not looking away from his computer.

Rikku looked at the back of his head in shock. How did he know she was behind him?, "No." She lied.

"You're lieing." He replied, turning in his chair to face her, "You've been standing behind looking all innocent for exactly 2 minutes."

"How did you...? Gawsh, Squallie, you're good." Rikku said, sitting next to him, "What you doing tonight?"

What did she mean what is he doing tonight? Did she know something was up? There's no way she could know. He shrugged, trying to act like he didn't know, "Nothing, I guess...why?"

"Well...there's gonna be this really fun carnival and..."

'Shit.' Squall thought, knowing what she wanted. "I...I don't know, Rikku."

"Why? It'll be fun! I promise!"

"Carnival's aren't my thing..."

"Squallie!" Rikku pouted, "Come on! I really wanna go!"

"You can go. You don't need me to be there."

"You are such a meanie!" She glared at him, "I want you there though! Yuna says Tidus is gonna be there and..."

"Tidus is going?" Squall asked, outraged. Tidus was suppose to do something very important tonight. What the hell was he doing going to some carnival?

Rikku nodded, "But you don't wanna go...I guess you don't have to." She got up sadly, about to walk away until she felt him grab her wrist, pulling her back onto his lap.

"Don't do that." He said, watching her sad expression. He didn't like seeing her hurt like that, but he had to do something very important tonight.

"Do what?" Rikku asked innocently, looking at the ground, "I'm not doing anything."

"Yes you are." He lifted her chin to look at her face, "You're looking all sad and making me feel guilty."

"I can't help it! Sorry if I wanted you to come with me...but you don't want to."

Squall sighed, "It's not that I don't want to go..."

"Then what is it?" Rikku asked. Was he hiding something from her? He had to be because he was avoiding eye contact.

"Nothing." He lied.

"I wish you wouldn't lie to me." She said, getting off his lap, "It's ok. I'll just go with Yunie and Tidus and find me someone to hang out with."

"What do you mean someone to hang out with?" He asked, "This someone better be a girl."

Rikku smiled, showing off her dimples, "Maybe."

"You're such a pain." He smiled back, pulling her back to him, "Now I have to go."

"No it's ok." Rikku responded, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, "I don't wanna force you."

Squall shook his head, "You ain't forcing me. I want to go...what time?"

Rikku shrieked happily, quickly kissing him, "Eight, ok? Don't be late! And don't worry, you'll have fun!"

"Ok." He nodded, "But don't expect me to win you a moogle."

"I can win my own moogle!" Rikku smiled, "And if you're good, I might win you one of those cute carnival shirts."

"Yippee." Squall responded sarcastically.

Rikku smiled wider, lightly hitting him on the shoulder, "See ya then...love ya!"

"Love you too, Rikku." He smiled, watching her walk away. There was a big thump as he looked down to see Wakka on the floor, "The floor comfortable, Wakka?" He asked, watching Wakka squirm in pain.

Wakka slowly got up, looking at Squall in shock. "Did you...did you just tell Rikku you love her?" He asked.

"Yeah." Squall said, watching Wakka almost collapse again, "I think you need to see a doctor about that condition of yours."

Wakka shook his head, "Brudda, you just said I love you to someone...and she's not even sleeping with, ya!...Is she?"

"No she's not sleeping with me!" Squall replied, glaring at Wakka. Did he think he was really that heartless? Can't he tell someone he loves them without sex being involved?

"I...can't breathe." Wakka said, "You are really serious with her now, ya?"

Squall shrugged, turning back to his computer, "I guess we've been serious for a long time. It just took me awhile to say it."

"Wow." Wakka sat next to him, "Congratulations, you know how it feels to feel love."

Squall smirked alitttle, "Feels good." And it did. He hasn't felt this way in a long time, and for once nothing was going wrong, "So what the hell do you want?"

Wakka looked at him with a shocked and hurt expression, "Rude much, brudda? I was just walking by to say 'what's up'..."

Squall quirked an eyebrow at him, knowing he was lieing. Even if he was telling the truth, why would he say 'hi' to Squall? Squall knew Wakka knew that Squall wasn't the type to have a conversation with someone, let alone greet them. "What do you want?" He asked again.

"Fine." Wakka sighed and leaned forward, "I can't...go tonight."

"Lulu got you to go to the carnival too?" Squall asked, knowing that Tidus and him was already suckered into it.

"Not exactly...I'm not even going to the carnival...Lu ain't either..."

"Oh." Squall smirked, "You guys already doing that? Didn't know Lulu was so quick with the sexual shit."

Wakka looked away sadly, "We are...she is..." He gulped nervously, not believing he was telling Squall this first. He should go to Tidus..."Lulu's pregnant."

Squall quickly sat up straight in his chair, "What the fuck?! Ever hear of a fucking condom?" He slouched down in his chair when he noticed he was too loud, causing people to look at them.

"Can you say that any louder, brudda?" Wakka asked angrily, "I don't think they heard you in the Calm Lands, ya?"

"Hey, don't get bitchy at me because you got your girl knocked up."

Wakka sighed, lightly banging his head against the table as Squall watched in amusement. 'I should've went to Tidus first.' He thought, feeling Squall pat him on the back.

"Good luck telling Cid." He said, smiling.

Wakka stopped to glare up at him, "You're very insensible. I'm hurting here, ya know!"

Squall made a disgusted expression, "Don't say 'ya know' anymore. Reminds me of one of my childhood friends..."

Wakka growled angrily, "I'm gonna go talk to Tidus. Maybe he'll care more about my problems then hisself, unlike some people I know." He muttered as he walked away.

"What's his problem?" Squall asked himself, puzzled. He shrugged, turning back to his computer.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S PREGNANT?" Squall heard Tidus yell from across the room. He turned, along with the rest of the class, to look at Wakka and Tidus. Wakka quickly looked down with embarassment as Lulu glared at him. Tidus, realizing he yelled all that out, quickly ran to sit next to Squall.

'Why does he run to me?' Squall thought angrily, looking at Tidus's shocked face. He turned to see Lulu walk angrily to Wakka. 'This should be good...' He smiled. Wakka was in for it.

She slapped him hard across the face, "NOW EVERYONE KNOWS I'M PREGNANT, DUMBASS!" Wakka frowned, rubbing his red cheek. People gasped and began whispering to eachother.

"Now everyone knows you're pregnant." Rikku corrected, watching everyone stare at Lulu in shock and disgust.

"Lulu and Wakka. May I have a word with you two?" Mrs. Lee asked, walking out to the hallway. Wakka and Lulu glanced at eachother then followed her.

"Did you have to yell that out?" Yuna asked, walking up to Tidus.

"Sorry! I was just in shock!" He apologized, looking down shamefully.

"Nice going." Rikku said, shrugging, "At least we don't have to tell Pops anymore. Mrs. Lee will do it for us."

"Good for us, not good for Lulu." Yuna sighed, "So you coming with us, Squall?"

"Of course he is!" Rikku smiled, hugging Squall from behind, "He's excited!"

Yuna smiled, "Good!"

"You are?" Tidus asked, "But I thought..."

"I'm going." Squall interrupted, trying to hold back his anger, "And from what I heard so are you."

Tidus gulped, "Er...yeah."

"Of course he is!" Yuna smiled, hugging Tidus, "He's excited too!" Tidus nodded in agreement, trying to smile.

The school dismissal bell ring. "Well, we gotta go." Yuna said, releasing Tidus and grabbing her stuff, "See you guys tonight. Don't be late."

"Yeah!" Rikku said, following Yuna, "It'll be fun, we promise."

Squall waited to he saw everyone leave. Once they all left, he hit Tidus hard in the shoulder.

"Ouch, man! You agreed to go too!" Tidus yelled angrily, rubbing his shoulder.

"That's because you agreed and I didn't want to see Rikku hurt because her cousin's boyfriend was going and hers wasn't!" Squall replied, "You know we have to break into that building tonight and get those files! We can't be there too late either because they're heavily guarded at night!"

"I didn't think you'd agree! I thought you'd say 'no' like you always do!" Tidus explained, "Plus I thought it'll be easier for you to sneak in and steal those files without me because you like doing stuff by yourself."

Squall sighed, rubbing his forehead, "We're just going to have to be quick at the carnival...get the girl's home before nine then head out to the place."

Tidus nodded, "Think we can pull that off without them getting suspicious?"

"We have to try...I can't get Rikku involved in this. It's too dangerous."

"And Wakka?" Tidus asked, "What about him? He coming with us too?"

"No, Wakka's stuck here now. He's got a little Wakka or Lulu Jr. on the way...did you just feel a chill go down your spine?"

Tidus nodded, "Yeah...Wakka...a father?" He shuddered, "There it goes again."

"Yeah...let's go." He got up, grabbing his stuff, "This makes me kind of happy Rikku's against premarital sex."

"Hey! Me too!" Tidus smiled, "I mean about Yuna, ya know."

Squall shuddered, "Don't say that."

YUNA'S AND RIKKU'S ROOM

"Geez, Pops been yelling at Lulu and Wakka for hours." Rikku said, her ear was against the door.

"I know...poor Lulu. I still can't believe they slept with eachother already...can you?" Yuna asked, looking out their window at the stars. Everytime she was stressed or worrying over something, it helped her to look at the stars. It relaxed her.

Rikku walked away from the door, shrugging as she sat on the bed, "I don't know...she loves Wakka right?"

Yuna nodded, "I believe she does."

"Then what's wrong with her sleeping with him before they get married? She obviously loves the guy...what's wrong with having sex with someone you love?"

Yuna heard something in Rikku's voice to cause her to turn and look at her in shock, "You're not saying what I think you're saying, are you?"

Rikku shrugged, staring down at her hands, "I'm just saying...if you love someone and want to be with them like that...it's not wrong, is it?"

"I don't know." She shrugged, "I mean...you know you love the person and the person loves you back. You don't need a ring and vows to tell you that."

"Exactly." Rikku agreed, "Yunie, I've been thinking..."

"Me too." Yuna sighed, "I love Tidus, with all my heart."

"And I love Squall."

Yuna looked at her, "Do you think we should...?"

"I'm not saying go jump their bones, Yunie." Rikku smiled, "I'm saying when it feels right...go for it."

"YUNA! RIKKU! THOSE BOYS ARE HERE!" Cid yelled from downstairs.

"Come on." Yuna said, getting up, "We can't leave him down there with them."

Rikku nodded.

CARNIVAL

"I'm still trying to understand why he gave us condoms." Tidus said as he held the condom in his hand, staring at it in confusion. Squall got a 4-seater convertible so they would all fit. Him and Rikku infront, Tidus and Yuna in the back.

"He believes that we're sexually involved." Yuna explained, "He doesn't want me and Rikku to get pregnant like Lulu."

"Yeah." Rikku said, glancing back at Tidus, "And why in Spira did you thank him once he gave them to you?"

He shrugged, putting the condoms in his pocket, "Seemed like a good idea at the time. What was I suppose to do?"

"Take them and shut the hell up." Squall responded.

"Pops looked like he wanted to strangle you." Rikku smiled.

"Hey!" Tidus yelled angrily, "He should be happy he even got a 'thank you'! He gave me small condoms! I'm not a small!"

"Says who?" Squall asked. Yuna and Rikku began laughing as Tidus turned red and pouted.

"YAY! We're here!" Rikku cheered as Squall parked in the Chocobo lot, scaring the chocobos.

"They really need a place for cars." He said, turning off his engine.

"Why? You're the only one with a car. Everyone else uses chocobos or hovers." Yuna said, getting out the car.

"Let's go on the feris wheel first!" Rikku said, jumping up and down with excitement.

Squall glanced at his watch then at Tidus, they had 45 minutes left, "Ok." Rikku grabbed his hand, pulling him to the ticket booth.

"You guys ok?" Yuna asked concerned, "You seem like you're in a rush."

"Huh?" Tidus asked nervously, "Uh...no, we're not. C'mon, let's get on that feris wheel...I got a surprise for you."

"Really?" Yuna asked excitedly, following Tidus to the line.

FERIS WHEEL

"Look, Squallie!" Rikku smiled, "There's the moon..." She stopped, remembering what happened last time they talked about the moon.

Squall looked at the big bright full moon. They had a good view from the top of the feris wheel too. Rikku was right about what she said about the moon, and Squall had to admit he liked it very much. It did look mysterious, it also made him think a lot. Mostly when he looked at it now it reminded him of Rikku and that one night...

"Do you think Wakka and Lulu will be good parents?" Rikku asked, stopping Squall's thoughts.

"Huh?" He asked dumbly, not hearing her.

"Lulu and Wakka. Do you think they'll be good parents?" She asked, looking at him curiously.

"Honestly...I don't know." He shrugged, he never really thought about it. He knew Wakka grew up with no parents and he was just as terrified as Squall to be a dad. And Lulu...it should be amusing to see her handle a kid.

"I think they can do it." Rikku said, looking back at the moon, "They may be immature and not ready now...but they'll get the hang of it."

"I think that's just wishful thinking." Squall said, looking at her, "Saying that is like saying I will be a good father."

"Wakka and Lulu will have eachother." She turned to gaze at him, smiling alittle, "And you'll have someone help you too."

'What was she trying to say...?' He thought confused. Does she mean her? He knew she'd make a good mother but there was nothing in the world that could help Squall become a good father. He didn't even want to try.

"You think too much." Rikku smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder and cuddling next to him.

Squall looked at her in shock. How did she know...? He shrugged wrapping an arm around her. He'd never understand how Rikku knew what he was thinking.

"So...what's the surprise?" Yuna asked, looking at Tidus excitedly.

Tidus smiled, grabbing his necklace from around his neck and taking it off. Yuna watched in shock, holding her breath as she watched him hand it to her.

"It's yours now." He smiled.

"I...your...I can't accept this." She stuttered, looking down at it, "This is too important to you."

"It is." He agreed, "That's why I'm giving it to you."

Yuna shook her head, "I can't...I'm not like Dona. I can't just take this from you."

"First of all I didn't give it to Dona, I told her she could wear it for an hour. She never gave it back." He explained, "I'm giving it to you."

"I...can't."

"Yuna," He turned to gaze at her, "I love you. There's no one else I want wearing my necklace."

Yuna smiled, looking up at him, "I love you too, and I except your necklace." She put it on, looking at it shine beautifully in the moonlight.

"I cleaned it just for you." He smiled, pulling her close to him.

"I feel so honored." She smiled, laying against his chest.

STAND GAMES

"Oh!" Rikku shrieked, looking at a win-a-stuffed-moogle stand, "Win me a moogle, Squall!"

"I thought you can win yourself one, Ms. Independent." He replied, glancing at her.

She stuck out her tongue, "I can! It's just tradition for the guy to win one for the girl." She replied.

"She's right." Yuna agreed, looking at Tidus, "Tradition. I want a pink one!"

Tidus looked at Squall in confusion, "And what tradition would that be?" He shrugged back, looking at Rikku's angry face.

"Fine." He sighed, walking up to the stand.

"Ooh! Customers!" A man shrieked happily. Squall stared at him with a weird expression. The guy was bleach blonde with pink tight clothing on. "Come to win a moogle for your boyfriend?" The man asked, giving Squall a flirtacious wink.

Squall gave him a disgusted look, "Try 'girlfriend'." He replied, "The perky Al Bhed one." The man looked past Squall at Rikku who was chatting happily with Yuna and Tidus.

"Oh!" He said, "Darn it! All the cute ones are straight! She is a beauty though...I just love her body!"

If he were any other guy that was straight, Squall would have punched him. But he wasn't straight, so he could get away with saying things like that. "Yeah." He replied, handing him some gil, "How many bottles do I have to knock down to win a moogle-thingy?"

"All." The man replied, not looking at him, "Say, is your blonde friend..."

"He's straight." Squall interrupted, grabbing a ball to throw at the bottles.

"Oh poopie!" The man muttered, Squall looking at him with another weird expression. "I'm just gonna go chat with the girls. You do your thing." Squall didn't respond as the man walked away, swinging his hips.

Squall rolled his eyes, concentrating on the bottles. He threw the ball with perfect aim, hitting the bottles right in the center. But none fell, they didn't even move. "What the hell?" He muttered angrily, grabbing another ball. He was only allowed three chances. The second time hit perfectly too, but once again nothing fell. Squall knew something was up, they must be glued.

"I'm surprised you're letting Carlos flirt with Rikku." Tidus said, walking up to Squall.

Squall didn't look at him, he was too busy concentrating on the bottles, "It's ok for him to do it. Plus I doubt he's flirting."

"Looks like flirting." Tidus replied, "You still haven't knocked down those damn bottles?"

"Shut up, I think the bottles are glued." He replied, "Plus Carlos is gay."

Tidus's jaw dropped, "No way!" He looked at Carlos then back at Squall, "Are you serious?"

Squall nodded, "Carlos was just asking about you."

"Oh...oh gross!" Tidus said, disgusted, "I let him touch my muscles!"

Squall busted out laughing, looking at Tidus, "Why the hell did you let him do that?"

"He said I was muscular and had a nice body!" Tidus yelled, "You know how cocky I get when people give me compliments! So when he asked I let him! Now I know why Rikku and Yuna were laughing!"

Squall shook his head with shame, "Good thing Yuna's not the jealous type."

"This ain't funny! I was just molested!"

"You let him!"

"Whatever, man." Tidus replied angrily, looking back to where Carlos and the girls were, "I don't care how gay he is, I wouldn't let him touch my girl's boobs."

"WHAT?" Squall turned to see Carlos touching Rikku's boobs and complimenting her. "Motherfucker!" He muttered, angrily walking up to them.

He pushed Carlos away from Rikku, getting between them, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Calm down, Squallie." Rikku said, "He said he was thinking of getting a boob job and he liked my breast size."

Squall turned to look angrily at her, "And you just let him grab your boobs like that?"

"From what I can tell you ain't doing it." Carlos muttered.

Squall pulled out his gunblade, pointing it at his throat, "Come again?" Carlos gulped and backed away.

"Squallie, stop!" Rikku yelled, pushing his gunblade down, "You're overreacting! He touched Yuna's too!"

"He WHAT?" Tidus yelled angrily, pulling out his sword as he stood infront of Yuna protectively, "Isn't it bad enough you molested me? Now you're going after my girlfriend?"

"If Yuna jumped off a bridge would you too?" Squall asked.

"I'm not that stupid!" Yuna said from behind Tidus.

"Yeah. I know Yuna wouldn't do that...me on the other hand..."

"That's not the point." Squall interrupted, glaring at Carlos, "Keep you're hands to yourself."

"Oh! He's bossy." Carlos purred, "He's a keeper, honey."

Rikku smiled then quickly grabbed Squall before he could attack Carlos.

Carlos looked at Squall then at Tidus. "Well I can tell when I'm being threatened. How about you guys just throw your balls at the bottles and get out of here?"

"Sure thing." Rikku said, pushing Squall back to the stand, "Hurry up so we can move on."

Squall stopped glaring at Carlos and threw the ball hard. It hit the bottles, but they didn't fall.

"Yay!" Rikku cheered, then she noticed they didn't fall, "Hey! They're still standing!"

"Exactly." Carlos smiled, "You lose, good bye."

"Aww, that sucks." Rikku pouted.

"I'll get you that moogle." Squall muttered, hopping over the boarder into the stand.

"Hey!" Carlos shrieked, "You can't be in there!"

Squall tried to pick up one of the bottles, but it wouldn't move. "Glued, huh?" He asked with a small smile.

Rikku knew what that smile meant, she could also see the little devious look in his eyes, "Um...Squall, don't do anything stupid."

"I can fix this." He pulled out his gunblade, backing away from the bottles alittle.

"Squall, no!" Rikku yelled. He began shooting the bottles, glass falling everywhere. Rikku sighed, glancing at Carlos's distraught face. She had to admit it was funny though.

"This is my kind of game!" Tidus smiled, running into the stand with Squall.

Squall reached up to a shelf, grabbing a yellow moogle and walking out the stand. Tidus broke some other bottles with his sword then grabbed a pink moogle for Yuna.

"Here you go." Squall smiled, handing Rikku the moogle, "Don't ever say I didn't win you anything."

Rikku looked at the moogle in shock, then smiled up at him, "Thanks."

"No problem." Squall smiled, kissing her. He then glared up at Carlos, "Next time you might want to make it a fair game."

Tidus handed Yuna her moogle as she accepted it happily, "Yeah, then maybe your stand wouldn't be full of broken glass." He smiled.

"Sorry." Yuna and Rikku said as they began walking away. Carlos began having a nervous breakdown as he saw his stand fall to pieces.

8:50

"Shit, man, we gotta go!" Tidus said, looking at his watch.

"Go?" Yuna asked, "We just got here...it's only about to be nine. We don't have to be home till eleven."

"No, we have to go now." Squall said, grabbing Rikku and walking towards the exit.

"Hey!" Rikku yelled, pulling out of his grasp, "What's the rush? What's going on here?"

"Yeah!" Yuna said, stopping, "Why are you guys in such a rush? What's so important that we gotta leave early?"

Squall and Tidus glanced at eachother nervously. They had to think of something quick before they had to tell them the truth.

"Er..."

"Um..."

"And we want the truth, buster!" Rikku added. Yuna nodded, tapping her foot angrily.

"The truth?" They both asked.

"Yes." Yuna and Rikku replied, waiting for their answer.

"We have a mission to do tonight." Squall said. It wasn't exactly a lie once you think about it.

"A mission?" Yuna asked, "Like from the school?"

"You can say that." Tidus replied, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Mr. Omni gave you guys missions and not us?" Rikku asked, "No fair! Let us come!"

"Yeah we can help!" Yuna pulled out her guns as Rikku got her daggers.

"No." Tidus and Squall said.

"Oh come on!" Yuna pouted, "We're all a team! Let us help!"

"Yuna...this is a very dangerous mission. The less the people, the most likely we could succeed without getting caught." Tidus explained.

"The last mission was dangerous too. Rikku and I made it out fine."

"Yeah, you guys were more hurt then us."

"That's because we had to protect you!" Squall said.

"Please! We wanna help!" Yuna begged, she hasn't used her guns since the last mission.

"We promise to not get in the way!" Rikku said, pouting, "We just wanna help you! That's the woman's role, right?"

Tidus and Squall sighed, looking at eachother. They really didn't want to bring them. They had to focus on getting to that computer and getting those documents. If Yuna and Rikku went, then they'd be worrying about them the whole time.

"I see how it is." Yuna said, "You guys don't think we're strong!"

"No, it's not that..."

"You think we're little helpless damsels in distress!" Rikku said, her and Yuna glaring at them angrily, "Lulu was right you know, we are stronger then we look. We just never get the chance to show it."

"You'll get in the way." Squall sighed, knowing that this conversation wasn't going to end well.

"GET IN THE WAY?" They screamed, outraged. Yuna and Rikku grabbed their moogles and walked away stubbornly.

Tidus hit Squall in the shoulder, "Look what you did! Why didn't you just tell them to go cook us dinner too, stupid!"

"What I did? I was telling them the truth!" Squall replied angrily.

"Let's just bring them...they're not weak. We could probably use their help."

"And what do you suppose we tell them when they ask what the documents are about?" Squall asked, glaring at him.

Tidus shrugged, "Tell them we don't know either. That Mr. Omni told us not to look at it or something. Come on! I don't want Yuna mad at me!"

"Yuna needs to learn she can't always get what she wants." Squall replied, crossing his arms, watching the girls walk away.

"She just wants to help...and things are going so good with you and Rikku, right? She's not gonna be very happy if she thinks that you don't trust her as a partner."

Squall glanced at him then back at the girls. Dammit! He was right. Rikku considers them a 'team' and they need to stick together. She gets upset when Squall doesn't involve her in 'team' activities. "Are you sure you ain't secretly working for them?" He asked angrily.

"Yes...well, actually they probably could've kidnapped me when I was sleeping and put some weird mind-control device in my head." Tidus said, poking at his head with concern.

Squall looked at him like he was crazy, "You scare me." He said, then they ran off to go catch up with the girls.

BEVELLE MAIN BUILDING

"Bevelle?" Yuna asked confused, looking up at the building. She knew about this building, her father once told her it held so many secrets and documents about everyone and everything in Spira. She also was told that it was heavily guarded and impossible to get in.

"Yup, our mission: go into this big, lovely building and get us some important documents." Tidus said, smiling alittle. He knew the girl's wished they didn't volunteer to go now.

"Uh...I think I change my mind about this helping you thing." Rikku whimpered, looking at the building with fear, "I'm too young to die."

"You're not gonna die." Squall said, "And it's too late to back down, we're already here."

"Are documents really more important then our lives?" Yuna asked, not taking her eyes off of the building, "Mr. Omni must be insane if he thinks we can sneak in."

"We're not." Squall said, driving up to the front gate.

"What are you doing?" Rikku asked, looking at him with fear, "What part of 'I'm too young to die' didn't you get? Do you want us to get shot?"

"Calm down." Squall smirked, "Even though your paranoia is cute, you need to trust me."

Rikku shuddered then slouched down in her seat, "Why do I get a bad feeling when you say that?"

"Now you know how I feel."

"HALT!" A man yelled, pointing a gun at the car. Rikku whimpered, looking at Squall to see a red dot in the middle of his forehead.

"They're gonna shoot you, let's just go!" She said, becoming more nervous as Squall got out the car, "SQUALL!"

"What is he doing?" Yuna asked, looking at Tidus. He didn't respond, he just sat still and watched Squall with a serious expression.

"Hands where I can see them!" A guard yelled, "Don't you know you're on private property, we can have you arrested right now."

Squall rolled his eyes, "Calm down, I was sent from the other headquarters. I'm suppose to be investigating the thing, you know."

"The thing?" The guard asked, confused, "Oh yes! That thing! Aren't you alittle too young to be working for the other headquarters?"

Squall shrugged, putting his hands down, "We get younger and younger every year."

The guard laughed, "Got that right." He pointed his gun to Squall's car, "What about them?"

Squall glanced back at the car. "They're with me."

"I didn't know they were letting females join too." The guard said, scratching his head in confusion.

"I know...a shame ain't it?"

"HEY!" They heard Rikku and Yuna yell from the car.

"Anyways," Squall continued, trying to hide his smirk, "Can we procceed?"

"Oh yes!" The guard nodded, pulling out his walkie-talkie, "I'm just gonna tell Baralai you're here..."

"That's not a good idea." Squall said, secretly signalling for Tidus, "Baralai can't know we're here."

"Why not?" The guard asked confused. He felt a sharp pain in the back of his head and fell unconscious.

"That's why." Tidus smiled, holding the brick he used to knock out the guard.

"Quick, help me get his clothes off." Squall said as he and Tidus dragged the man into the little booth, out of the camera's range.

Rikku and Yuna quickly got out the car, careful to not let anyone or thing see them. They snuck into the booth with Tidus and Squall, quickly looking away as Squall changed.

"Do you think anyone seen us?" Tidus asked, tying up the guard.

"No." Squall responded, buttoning up his shirt, "If they had, the alarms would be going off right now."

"Oh, and thank you for that little comment about us, meanie." Rikku said angrily.

"Sorry, Rikku." He apologized, "But you have to act like one of them to get them to trust you."

"What thing were you guys talking about?" Yuna asked curiously.

Squall shrugged, "How the fuck should I know? Bevelle's full of so many secrets it could be anything."

Yuna nodded, "So what's the plan? There's only one uniform so how do you expect us to all get in?"

Squall sighed, knowing that he was put in the leader position already. Why couldn't Tidus make the decisions?

"Yeah, man, what next?" Tidus asked curiously. 'That's why.' Squall thought, glancing at Tidus. Tidus had no clue what to do next.

"I'm taking you guys as my prisoners." Squall said, pulling out three handcuffs.

"Prisoners?" Rikku asked, confused, "You turning on us?"

"No, Rikku, I'm not turning on you guys." He smiled, grabbing her wrists and putting the cuffs on, "This way we all can go in. When we're safe, I'll let you guys go and we'll look for that computer."

"Ok!" Yuna nodded, smiling, "We splitting up?"

Tidus nodded, letting Squall put the cuffs on him, "Yeah...ow, man, not so tight....I need to get me a uniform too. Then Yuna with me Rikku with Squall."

"We don't get uniforms too?" Rikku asked sadly.

"Not unless you lose your boobs and become a man." Tidus replied.

"Banj. (Perv.)" Rikku muttered, glaring at Tidus.

Yuna giggled as Tidus looked at her angrily, "What you call me?" He looked at Squall and Yuna, "What she call me?"

"She called you cute." Yuna lied, trying to hide her smile.

"Yeah right." Squall muttered, pushing them towards the exit, "Let's go."

INSIDE THE BEVELLE BUILDING

"What we got here?" A man asked, walking up to Squall, Rikku, Yuna, and Tidus.

"Prisoners. I found them trying to sneak into here." Squall replied, glaring at Rikku, Yuna, and Tidus.

"Really?" The man asked, examining Yuna, "High summoner Yuna? What are you doing trying to sneak in? Shouldn't you be off playing on that wretched island?"

Yuna glared at him as Tidus tried to calm her down, "Just ignore him, Yuna." He whispered, looking at the man angrily.

"We just wanted to know what you guys were hiding now." Rikku spoke up, "You're always hiding things."

"That's none of your concern, little girl." The man replied angrily, "Haven't you Al Bheds caused enough trouble?"

Rikku was about to say something until Squall quickly covered her mouth, "I'm just going to take them, ok?"

The man nodded, still glaring at Rikku. Squall walked away, pulling them along.

"The nerve of that jerk!" Rikku said once they were safely inside a room, "Al Bheds causing trouble? He's the one keeping very important stuff from everyone."

"And how dare he talk about Besaid like that?" Yuna asked angrily as Squall took off their handcuffs, "And look at me like some kind of traitor?"

"Don't worry about it." Tidus said giving Yuna a comforting smile, "Don't waste your time worrying about what people like that think."

"Agreed." Rikku and Yuna said in unison.

"I don't think you're gonna have to worry about finding a uniform, Tidus." Squall said, looking at the several uniforms in the room.

"Good." Tidus smiled, running to grab a uniform.

"You and Yuna check the top floor, Rikku and I will get the basement." Squall said, opening the door alittle to peak out.

"Ok." Tidus replied, "What if it ain't up there? Want us to check another floor?"

"No." Squall said, still keeping guard, "The email...I mean Mr. Omni said it was either upstairs or in the basement. If you don't find it, just go wait in the car until Rikku and I return."

"Ok." Tidus shrugged, pulling out his sword, "Let's hope we don't have to kill anyone." He smiled at Yuna. She nodded happily, pulling out her guns.

"Aww...can't we at least knock them around?" Rikku asked.

HIGHEST LEVEL

"Ok, if I was an important computer filled with secret documents where would I be?" Tidus asked, looking up and down the hall.

Yuna raised an eyebrow, smiling at him, "In a heavily guarded room that would be impossible to get in?"

He looked at her, scratching his head nervously, "Hehe...I guess you're right. This isn't gonna be easy is it?"

"So much for not killing anyone." Yuna muttered, looking down at her guns.

"I know...come on." Tidus grabbed her hand and led her down a dark narrow hallway. They stopped when they saw two guards coming towards them, chatting to eachother. Tidus quickly turned, turning Yuna too, trying to quickly walk away before the guards spotted them.

"HEY!" A guard yelled. Tidus and Yuna stopped, stiffening. "Who's the girl?" He asked, walking up to them. The other guard watched, clutching his gun tightly.

"Her?" Tidus asked nervously. He wasn't good at lieing like Squall, he wasn't exactly the 'act like them' type.

"Yes her." The guard said, walking up to examine Yuna, "How come she ain't in handcuffs? Do you want me to go to your head officer?"

"No!" Tidus cried out, looking at Yuna then at the guard, "Look at her...does that look like a face that'll cause trouble for me?"

Yuna put on her best innocent smile, tilting her head and looking at the guards. The guards looked at her with suspicion. She looked innocent enough. What harm can a 17 year old girl do? They were ten times her size, and Tidus looked strong enough to take her.

The guard smiled, "You're right. She's scrawny." Yuna glared angrily at him. "Don't don't blame me when Baralai sees she doesn't have cuffs on and fires you."

"I won't!" Tidus smiled, relieved that that actually worked. He felt Yuna tensed up, knowing she was angry and offended about what he said about her.

"Come on, Harry, let's go watch the game on the monitors." The guard said. They both turned around to walk back down the hall.

"And they call me irresponsible?" Tidus asked, offended, "They're lucky I don't tell their head officers!"

Yuna growled lowly, pulling out her guns and putting a silencer on them.

"Yuna!" Tidus asked, looking at her, "What are you doing?"

"I'll show him scrawny!" Yuna muttered angrily, pointing at the guard's backs.

"Yuna, don't!" She pulled the trigger twice, hitting the guards in the back. They both fell to the floor, head first.

"Are you nuts?" Tidus asked, looking at her like she was crazy, "You just killed two people for calling you scrawny!"

"I didn't kill them!" Yuna said, giving the guards' bodies a victorious look, "I only got bullets that will knock them out for an hour."

"That's nice!" Tidus said, running to the guards, "But now we have to hide the bodies before someone sees them!"

"Oh." Yuna said, forgetting about that part, "Sorry." She said, shamefully. Sometimes she lets her anger get the best of her. She was mostly an all around good girl, but since living with Rikku she had her moments when she would snap.

"It's ok. I'll just use a spell Lulu taught me." Tidus said, placing a hand over the guards' bodies.

"Lulu taught you a spell?" Yuna asked, running next to him.

"Yeah." He muttered something low and stood up, standing next to Yuna. She watched in amazement as the two guards turned into moogles.

"They're so adorable!" She smiled, picking them up and cuddling them.

"They're still the guards that called you 'scrawny' though." Tidus said. He smiled as Yuna gave the moogles an offended look and threw them down.

"I'm not scrawny!" She said, crossing her arms and looking away with a stubborn look.

"Right." He grabbed her arm and began walking down the hall, "You're a born killer."

BASEMENT

Squall and Rikku quietly walked down the hall. For some reason there weren't much guards around, mostly fiends. They guessed that the guards let the fiends do all the guarding.

"You'd think they'd call the fiend-control or something." Rikku said, watching the lizard fiends hiss at them.

"They're lazy. They want fiends to do their work for them." Squall said, watching the fiends cautiously. It wouldn't be a problem getting past them, if they didn't bother them or make any sudden movements then the fiends would leave them alone.

"Yeah...but these fiends aren't so bad." Rikku said walking towards a wall with weird designs on it.

"Rikku!" Squall quickly grabbed her, pulling her back to him.

"What? Those designs look interesting!"

"Watch out for the fiends." He stated, staring at the wall.

"What fiends?" Rikku asked, staring at the wall too. Two fiends stepped out from by the wall, turning back to their natural colors.

"Fiends are everywhere. They just blend in with things so we won't see them." Squall said. He continued walking, pulling a shocked Rikku with him.

"Wow." Rikku said in amazement, "Sneaky little jerks, aren't they?"

Squall nodded, "So don't touch anything."

"I'm a thief, Squallie! That's gonna be kind of hard for me to do."

"Fine." He sighed, "Hold onto my arm."

"Geez, I can just feel the trust in this relationship." Rikku joked, wrapping her arms around his arms.

"You don't even trust yourself sometimes, how am I suppose to?"

Rikku smiled and stuck her tongue out. She saw a dark, long, narrow hallway leading to a door with lights around it. She stopped to stare at it in curiousity.

Squall felt her stop and release his arm. He turned to look at her in confusion, "What's wrong?"

She pointed to the door down the hall, "What's down there?"

"Vegnagun." They turned around to see a guard standing behind them, leaning against a wall.

Squall was reaching for his gunblade until Rikku stopped him, "What's Vegnagun?" She asked, looking at the guard curiously.

The guard stared at her for a while then shrugged, walking away from the wall to look at the door, "A massive machina. They built it just incase something horrible came up. We can destroy it with Vegnagun."

"Machina?" Rikku asked confused, looking at the door, "Can I see it?"

Squall glanced back from the guard to Rikku, wondering why they were having a conversation. Wasn't the guard wondering what they were doing down there? As a matter of fact, what was he doing down here? He thought fiends were only guarding the basement.

The guard took off his helmet and smiled at Rikku, "Sorry, too dangerous."

Rikku and Squall looked at him in shock. He looked just like Tidus, maybe a little more skinnier, but their appearance was similar.

"Uh..." Rikku said, trying to say something. She was still in shock about his face.

"Something wrong?" The guard asked confused. They were staring at his face dumbly.

Squall was the first to shake out of his shock, "No. We're just wondering what you're doing down here." He said, watching the guard stare back at him.

"I was wondering the same about you two." He replied, giving them a suspicious look.

"Um..." Rikku giggled nervously, "You see..."

"It's ok." He smiled, looking at Rikku, "I know how guards like to bring their girlfriends to work sometimes. They bring them to the basement because they know how no guards are down here."

"Right!" Rikku exclaimed happily, hugging Squall, "That's what we're doing down here."

The guard looked at Rikku with a weird expression then smiled. He turned to Squall and stuck out his hand, "I'm Shuyin, you knew here?"

Shuyin? Squall looked down at his hand then up at him with uncertainty. He felt Rikku nudge him, encouraging him to shake Shuyin's hand. He took it and shook it, "Yeah...I'm Squall." He replied.

"Nice to meet you...you'll find working here...interesting." Shuyin said, turning to Rikku, "And you are?"

"Rikku!" She replied happily, grabbing his hand and shaking it, "Nice to meet you!"

"Ditto." He smiled, "Just be careful down here. I find it stupid that the guards bring their girls down here...there's so many damn fiends. Someone can get hurt."

"Don't worry about us." Squall said. He grabbed her hand and began walking down the hall.

"See you later!" He heard Shuyin yell from down the hall.

"Whatever." Squall muttered.

"We need to work on your people skills, buster!" Rikku said, grabbing his arms again.

"Why do I need people skills when I got you?" He smirked, looking down at her, "All you gotta do is bat your little eyes and give them a sweet smile and they trust us."

"True!" She smiled, "That is until they notice I'm Al Bhed."

Squall stopped, looking up at a huge door infront of them, "I think we just found our door." He saw a card box at the side of the door. "Fuck." He began searching his uniform to see if it had a card on it, no luck.

"Problem?" Rikku asked, holding up a card and smiling sweetly.

Squall looked at the card then her in amazement, "Where'd you get that?" He asked curiously, taking the card from her.

"Shuyin needs to be more careful when he shakes people's hands." She smiled, leaning against the wall, watching as Squall put the card in the slot, "I told you I can't keep my hands to myself. I'm a thief...it's a natural reaction."
Squall watched the huge doors open slowly. He turned to smile down at Rikku, "I love you."

"I know!" Rikku said, smiling cheekily. She jumped up and grabbed his hands, pulling him into the room, "Now let's go get those documents!"

HIGHEST LEVEL

"This is the last room." Tidus stated, looking at the door, "If it ain't in here, we have to get back to the car and wait for Squall and Rikku."

Yuna nodded, standing behind Tidus. He was about to open the door before he stopped and looked at her.

"What?" She asked curiously.

"Your guns."

"What about them?" She asked, hugging her guns against her chest, "They're fine."

"Give them here." He said, holding out his hand.

"Why?" She pouted, looking at her guns sadly.

"We can't afford for you to have another 'I'm woman hear me roar' outburst." He said looking at her sad expression.

Yuna sighed, reluctantly handing them over, "Fine."

Tidus smiled, placing the guns in his pocket. "Sorry I have to do that, Yuna." He said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

She nodded sadly, feeling like her babies where taken away from her. Tidus slowly opened the door as they walked into the room.

"NO!" A man yelled, he was on a couch screaming at the tv, "THAT WAS A GOAL! ARE YOU BLIND REF?"

Tidus looked around, at the man, then at the tv. He sighed angrily, he forgot the Blitzball game was on tonight. And he was missing it!

"It's a lounge." Yuna whispered as to not have the man hear them, "Let's go."

"Uh huh." Tidus nodded, trying to see the score.

"Tidus!" Yuna whispered, lightly hitting him in the chest.

"All right." He sighed sadly. They turned around to walk out the door.

"HEY!" The man yelled, getting up from the couch tipsily, walking to them. They turned around and see that he was drunk. Tidus noticed he had two beers in his hand. "What...you're not gonna tell my officer about this are you? I'm already in trouble for sleeping on the job!"

"Er...we're not." Tidus said, watching the man drain the last of one of his beers.

"Good!...What do we got here?" The man smiled flirtaciously, walking up to Yuna.

Yuna gave him a disgusted look and stood behind Tidus.

"I'm just gonna take her...to...the one room." Tidus said, standing infront of her protectively.

"The prisoners room?" The man asked, "I'll take her."

"No...it's ok I got it." Tidus said quickly, watching the as the man's glazed eyes where locked on Yuna. He had a lustful smile.

"Nonononono, man!" The man smiled lopsidedly, "You are helping me out...I'm gonna *HICCUP* help you!"

Tidus scowled at the man, gritting his teeth, "I said I got it. You're not in any shape to..."

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU YOUNG PUNK?" The man yelled angrily, roughly grabbing Yuna and pulling her towards him. "I'M GONNA TAKE HER!" He turned to caress Yuna's face with a small smile, "Such a beauty should be escorted by a gentleman." Yuna winced and turned away from his hand.

"I said I'll take her." Tidus said, trying to control his anger. He didn't want to hurt a drunk oldman, the poor guy was probably too intoxicated to know what he was doing or saying. But if he kept touching Yuna...Tidus just might have to sober him up.

The man pushed Yuna back roughly, causing her to fall back onto the couch. "I know who you are." He said, getting in Tidus's face, "You're that young Blitzball player punk! You think because you're so good that you can have anyone you want?"

"Look, I don't want any trouble..." The man quickly punched Tidus, sending him flying into a glass table. Yuna spotted her guns fall on the floor. She quickly crawled to go pick them up.

"Good night, sonny-boy." The guard smiled, pointing his rifle at Tidus's head.

"NO!" Yuna cried out, shooting the man in the back. He stiffened up then fell ontop of Tidus.

Tidus rubbed his jaw angrily, glaring at the man's unconscious body. For an old drunk guy, he sure knew how to punch

"And you thought I'd use these irresponsibly." Yuna said, putting the guns back in her belt.

Tidus pushed the man off of him, turning him around. "Stupid...sneaky...bastard!" He muttered angrily, punching the guy continuously.

"Tidus!" Yuna ran to pull him off of the guy, "He's out, calm down!"

Tidus nodded, slowly getting up, "Next time I try to take your guns, beat my ass." He said, looking at Yuna.

She smiled and nodded, "Gotcha."

BASEMENT

"Found them." Squall said, clicking the 'print' button.

Rikku leaned next to the computer and printer, looking at the screen curiously, "What are the documents about anyways?"

Squall shrugged, looking at the papers posted on the wall, "Mr. Omni didn't tell us."

"Oh." Rikku looked at the screen closely. There was a picture of a small, dark, bug-like creature. It wasn't like any other fiend she saw before. "Heartless?" She asked confused. What was a heartless? Was it a fiend? Where those things in Spira? She stared at the picture, becoming frightened.

Squall quickly ran to the computer and turned it off, "It's nothing." He said, mentally kicking hisself for leaving the screen on.

Rikku glanced at him, deep concern in her eyes, "Is that...that thingy in Spira?"

Squall sighed, knowing she was frightened. "It's nothing, Rikku, don't worry about it." He smiled, caressing her arm comfortingly.

Rikku nodded, looking away from him and the computer. The thing was small and scrawny. She fought bigger and scarier looking fiends before, so how come this one scared her?

"What are you kids doing in here?" A guard yelled, four more walking into the room.

"Shit." Squall muttered, watching them point their guns at Rikku and him. They were busted and there was no way they could fight these guys off without getting caught.

Rikku backed away, pushing herself against the printer. "DON'T SHOOT!" She cried out, "I didn't even want to do this! Please don't kill me!"

Squall glanced at her. What the hell was she saying? Was she trying to get Squall arrested?

"We're just a bunch of curious kids!" She cried, falling to the floor, "Don't hurt us!"

"Rikku!" Squall said angrily. He knew they were in trouble, but she was just overreacting. If they were going to go down, he at least wanted them to go down with honor.

The guards put their guns down, looking at them with pity. "Ok...you may leave, but you got five minutes! Now get before we change our minds!"

Rikku stood up, putting her hands behind her back, "Thank you sooo much!" She said, giving them a teary smile.

"Whatever." A guard said, "Men, escort them out the building."

The guards nodded, pointing their guns at Rikku and Squall, "Let's go."

OUTSIDE

"I hope they're ok." Yuna said, pacing back and forth nervously. They made it to the car already, now they were just waiting for Squall and Rikku.

"I'm sure they're fine." Tidus said, looking at his watch. He was beginning to grow worried too, but he couldn't show it for Yuna's sake.

Yuna stopped, looking at the main gates, "There they are!" She smiled and pointed, then stopped when she noticed they were surrounded by guards.

"Fuck." Tidus cursed, grabbing Yuna and ducking behind the car so the guards wouldn't see them.

"Next time we see you around here, we're gonna shoot you, got it?" A guard yelled as they turned back to walk back to the building.

"Got it!" Rikku replied, running to the car.

"What was that all about?" Yuna asked, getting up from behind the car, "What happened?"

"We got caught." Rikku responded, looking at Yuna's concerned face, "Don't worry, they let us go."

"Did you get the documents?" Tidus asked.

"No." Squall said, turning to Rikku, "What were you thinking back there?" He asked angrily.

"Geez, Squallie, I was only trying to help." Rikku said with a hurt expression.

Squall sighed, running a hand through his hair frustratedly. He couldn't be mad at her, it wasn't her fault they got caught, "Sorry I yelled at you." He apologized softly.

Rikku smiled brightly, "It's ok."

"Mission failed then?" Tidus asked.

"Yeah..."

"Nope!" Rikku smiled.

Squall looked at her in confusion, "But...we didn't get the documents."

She pulled out papers, holding them up for everyone to see, "Yes we did. I had to do my 'please don't hurt us routine'! Works all the time."

"Holy chocobos!" Tidus said, grabbing the papers and smiling happily.

Squall looked at her in astonishment. She never seized to amaze him. "That's what all the crying was about?"

Rikku nodded, smiling brightly, "Like I would beg? Us Al Bheds never beg!"

"You sure fooled Squall, Rikku." Yuna smiled, looking at Squall's shocked expression.

"I know!" She gave him a teasing smile and walked around him, "Who's your Rikku, Squall?"

He smiled, placing his head in his hand as she continued walking around him.

"Who's your Rikku?" She asked again, her smile growing wider.

Squall glanced up at Yuna and Tidus to see them smiling at him.

"Go ahead, Squall!" Yuna said, "Answer her."

"You are." He muttered softly, smiling.

"Huh?" Rikku asked, stopping and leaning closer to him, a hand up to her ear, "I can't hear you."

"You are!" He said loudly. She smiled and jumped into his arms.

"I thought so!" She said, "Congratulations on passing your first real team mission."

"Team?" He asked, looking down at her in confusion.

"Yeah!" She smiled, looking at Yuna and Tidus, "If you haven't noticed, we all worked as a team! And you led us!"

He did?...He did! He didn't even realize that until now. He didn't even realize that they did work as a team. Rikku's very sneaky, she knew he was in leader-mode and she didn't even tell him! He guessed she wanted him to figure it out for himself.

"I guess I did." He admitted, alittle shocked that he allowed hisself to lead.

"We're all a team...right?" She asked, wanting to hear him say it.

He sighed, knowing she wasn't going to drop it until she heard it from his mouth, "Yes we're a team."

She smiled happily and kissed him.

"Aww!" Yuna and Tidus said in unison, looking at them.

"Man, I think I'm gonna cry." Tidus said, wiping his eyes, "Come on, everyone, team hug!"

"No! Hell no!" Squall said, putting Rikku down. He was too late, Rikku pulled him into a hug. Yuna and Tidus joining them.

"I love you sooo much, leader!" Tidus sobbed. Yuna and Rikku laughed, knowing Tidus was just trying to get on Squall's nerves. It was working too, Squall glared angrily at him as the hug tightened.








-------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay! Tifa was in this one! I love Tifa! Anyways, we'll hear more from those characters in future chapters. And what is Tifa sorry about? How does 'Lenne' know Squall & Rikku...? Thanx for the reviews people!
And all the characters are mostly teenagers except for Vincent, Barret, and Cid from FF7.