Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Reputations ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 12: REPUTATIONS
Squall hasn't seen Rikku since their last encounter at the lockers. All day he's been feeling bad, wanting to find her and talk to her, but she was nowhere to be found. Tidus and Wakka didn't know where Yuna and Lulu went either. They all seemed to disappear, those girls were practically invisible when they didn't want to be found.
The last bell rang and school was over. Squall, Tidus, and Wakka walked out of school onto the lawn, watching everyone scatter outside. They tried to look casual while looking around for the girls, but they ended up looking like little kids who lost their puppy. Tidus and Wakka began jumping up and down, looking over people. Squall nearly strained his neck looking around until he spotted the familiar yellow hair.
"Guys." Squall said, still looking at the hair, "I found them."
"WHERE?" Wakka and Tidus asked, jumping higher.
Squall didn't answer them as he walked towards Rikku. Tidus and Wakka recognized the three girls who were walking away. They quickly began following Squall, pushing people out their way.
Squall saw Rikku laughing and talking with Yuna and Lulu. She didn't look mad anymore, but with Rikku you can never be sure. He was almost to her when a group of people stepped infront of him, causing him to stop and Tidus and Wakka to crash into his back.
"Hello, Squall." Calli smiled. Dona, Leblanc, and a bunch of girls and guys were behind her.
Squall sighed, he had the whole popular crowd blocking his way, and Rikku was getting away. He tried to walk past them but wherever he moved, so did they.
"Is there something you want?" He asked, frustrated.
"I'm glad you ask." Calli smiled, "You see, we're all concerned about you three dating those...girls."
"Not this again." Tidus sighed, trying to walk away, but a bunch of girls blocked his way, "Don't you guys have anyone else to bother?"
"Ya, we don't need you controlling our lives." Wakka said, he glanced where the girls were, to find they weren't there anymore, "FUCK! They're gone!"
Squall and Tidus looked at the spot, the girls nowhere in sight. Squall mentally cursed at himself for allowing her to get away.
"What the fuck do you guys want?" He glared at Calli, who kept smiling at him.
"We're concerned, Squall." She placed a hand on his shoulder. He glared at her hand then back at her. "I mean, the Al Bhed girl? Gross! She doesn't deserve you, Squall!"
"And that bi-colored eyed girl, Tidus?" Dona said, "What do you find so attractive about her. She's about as sexy as a nun!'
Tidus gritted his teeth angrily, trying real hard to not pull out his sword and cut every one of their heads off. They didn't know nothing about Yuna, and he was glad. Yuna shouldn't have to explain herself to trash like them, she was better then them. And Yuna not attractive? Yeah right! She was one of the hottest girls in Spira, but she still managed to be angelic and polite.
"The goth girl, Wakka? She plays with toys for Spira's sake!" Leblanc said, placing a hand on her hip, "So we decided to help you guys find better girls."
"Better girls?" Squall, Wakka, and Tidus asked. They were pissed that Yuna, Rikku, and Lulu got away. And now these people, the people who got in their way, were telling them they could get them "better girls", like any other girls mattered.
"Yes, loves." Leblanc smiled, fanning herself with her fan, "Better ones."
"Move." Squall said, trying to walk past them. He ended up being grabbed roughly by Calli. Gritting his teeth, he turned to look at her. She was so lucky she was a girl or she would've been out like a light now. "Calli, I'm only gonna say this once: Let me go."
"No." She replied stubbornly, gripping his arm tighter. Dona pulled out a poster, holding it up for Squall to see. "We're going to start with you." Calli said, pulling Squall infront of the poster, "Reasons why you and Rikku would never work: #1. She has blonde hair, you have brown. Couples hair should be the same." She looked at Wakka and Tidus, that goes for you guys too."
Squall roughly pulled out her grasp, "Don't tell me who I can and cannot date. Didn't I make it obvious to you that I don't want to be with you last time when I left your ass at the dance?" People began giggling and laughing, staring at Calli.
"Left? You said he got sick and had to go home, Calli!" A girl said.
"He ditched you for the Al Bhed? Damn!" A guy laughed.
"HE DIDN'T DITCH ME FOR NO ONE!" Calli yelled angrily, causing people to stop snickering. She glared at Squall, anger and fire in her eyes, "She's all perky and loserish and your all dark and alone-ish..."
"Nice choice of words." Squall interrupted sarcastically, not even paying attentiont to her tantrum.
"HER EYES ARE GREEN, YOUR EYES ARE BLUE! Must I go on? You guys...you're like...FROM TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS!" She screamed, her face red and eyes wide.
Squall stared down at her crazy expression, "Calli, calm down before you pop a blood vessel." He replied.
"URGH! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?" She asked angrily, "THESE GIRLS ARE RUINING YOUR REPUTATIONS!"
"We have reputations?" Wakka asked confused. Tidus looked at him and shrugged, smirking alittle.
"Are we done here?" Tidus asked, yawning, "I gotta go do something."
"We're done here." Squall replied, giving up trying to walk past people. He settled for just pushing them out the way, Wakka and Tidus following him.
"SQUALL! YOUR NAME EVEN MEANS 'THUNDERSTORMS'! AND SHE'S ASTRAPHOBIC! I KNOW BECAUSE I LOOKED IT UP!" Calli screamed as they walked away.
CHOCOBO LOT
"Damn they just don't give up do they?" Tidus asked, patting his chocobo on the head.
"Nope, they're dedicated to breaking all of us up." Wakka said.
"Whatever." Squall got into his car, "I'm going to the gym. I need to blow off some steam."
"Good idea, but Wakka and I have Blitzball practice." Tidus said, "We're going to have to deal with the team talking to us now."
"Ya, Calli got her own little cult." Wakka sighed, hopping onto his Chocobo.
Squall nodded, starting his car, "See you guys later...if you see Rikku, tell her I need to talk to her."
"Talk?" Tidus asked, "You actually talk to people?"
"Go fuck yourself." Squall replied, driving off.
BEVELLE STREETS
Rikku felt bad...no, she felt horrible. She reacted childishly to what Squall said, she knew it was hard for him. She shouldn't push it, all that mattered was they were together now. So she decided to walk to Squall's house and apologize in person.
She avoided him all day at school, and during Arts and Crafts all she did was think about him. Then she remembered something, he lost his Lionheart chain during their...intimate moment. So she decided to make him a new one.
She felt a drop of her head. Looking up to the sky, she noticed that grey clods where coming and covering the sun. 'No, no, no! Don't rain, not now!' She thought, frightened as she saw a flash of lightning in the distance. She was almost to his house, maybe if she started running now she would make it without getting caught in the storm.
She began running, but had no luck because it began pouring.
SQUALL'S HOUSE
Laguna sat on the sofa, holding three pictures in his hand. The pictures were of three women of whom he had to give up and/or leave to fulfill his destiny, which he has. But he wasn't happy now, nor did he feel he ever will be. And now Squall was following in his footsteps, he gave up the girl he liked or possibly loved. It was bad enough Squall was rogue already, but in a couple of years he'll be like Laguna. Sitting alone, holding pictures of his past loves and thinking 'what if?'.
He heard a knock at the door. It sounded quick and panicked, setting his pictures down he got up to answer the door.
He opened the door to see a very frightened and wet Al Bhed girl. He remembered her, "Rikku?"
She gave him a sheepish smile, "Hiya, Laguna, is Squall-" There was a loud clap of thunder, Rikku quickly ran to Laguna, wrapping her arms around him and burying her head in his chest, whimpering.
"Uh...come in, Rikku." Laguna said, confused and shocked by her actions.
She nodded, still holding in to him as he stepped back and closed the door. "Um...you can let go now." Laguna said, looking down at his now wet shirt.
"Sorry." Rikku apologized, letting him go, "I'm astraphobic. Thunderstorms scare me."
"Oh." Laguna nodded. He grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her, "Well, Squall's not here right now. But you can wait for him if you want to. He should be home shortly."
Rikku nodded, looking behind her at the front door. She could hear the rain pouring and the thunder outside.
Laguna watched her, knowing she was still scared. "Um...go on up to Squall's room and get you some warmer clothes. I'll make you some Choco-milk."
Rikku nodded her gratitude and quickly ran upstairs.
That's when Laguna realized something...Squall was still seeing her? Didn't he tell him to break it off with her a long time ago? Squall was disobeying his orders, which was a bad sign that he probably already fell in love with this girl. 'Great.' Laguna sighed, 'It's too late. They're hooked.'
As if on cue, Squall walked through the front door, soaked. "It's pouring out there." He said, not looking at Laguna. He walked past him into the livingroom to take off his wet shirt and hang it by the fireplace. Laguna just stared at him, waiting for him to notice his glare.
Squall moved his hand through his hair, getting the water out. He realized Laguna was standing there, just staring at him. "Why you standing there giving me a disapproving fatherly look?" He asked, concentrating on drying his hair.
"You have a visitor." Laguna said, watching as Squall walked to a closet to grab a towel.
"And?" He asked, sitting on the couch and taking off his shoes.
"She's a petite blonde, light green eyes..."
"Rikku's here?" Squall asked, standing up and looking around eagerly, "Where is she?"
"Your room." Squall began running towards the stairs until Laguna grabbed his arm, stopping him, "You did break up with her, right?"
Squall met Laguna's stern face with a glare, "I did." He replied.
"And are you two still broken up?" Laguna asked. Squall quickly looked away from his face.
"Squall?" He asked again. Squall didn't respond. There was another clap of thunder and flash of lightning.
"Squall!" Laguna yelled. Squall pulled out his grasp, running up the stairs. "SQUALL! YOU KNOW THE RULES!"
SQUALL'S ROOM
Rikku slowly recovered from the last thunder and lightning strike. She got up from the floor she was huddled on, looking around the room caustiously. She succeeded on finding a shirt, one of Squall's big long ones. She still needed some shorts or pants, she wouldn't feel comfortable around Squall in just a shirt and underwear.
She was folding her wet shorts and shirt when the door opened. "Rikku?" Squall stopped, staring at Rikku who was staring back at him.
"Hey, Squallie." She smiled, blushing. He didn't respond, he was still staring at her being across from him, wet and practically naked. She was staring at him, he was shirtless a wet.
"You should really change before you catch a cold." She said, breaking her gaze away from his chest.
"Right." He quickly went to one of his drawers, digging through one. He stopped, turning to glance a Rikku.
"Something wrong?" She asked with concern.
"Um, yeah." He smiled, running a hand through his hair, "I was gonna wear that shirt."
"Oh!" Rikku blushed more. She was so embarassed that she didn't realize what she was doing, "You can wear it." She was about to lift her shirt. Squall's eyes widened as he quickly ran to her, grabbing her hands before she took it off.
"No...it's ok. You wear it." He said, nearly having a heart attack. Rikku stared at him in confusion, then she realized she was only wearing underwear under the shirt. She placed her head in her hands, this day was getting worse for her.
Squall sighed, lying back on his bed, trying to control his raging hormones. Things were back to being awkward, their earlier fight and being barely clothed infront of eachother wasn't helping. Plus he was aching from the work-outs he did at the gym.
Rikku peaked through her hands to stare at him on the bed. He looked exhausted, she began to wonder if it was because of what happened in school.
"Squallie." She went to sit next to him on the bed, "About earlier, at school, I'm sorry."
He looked up at her in confusion, was she apologizing to him? He didn't blame her for reacting the way she did. "Don't apologize, Rikku-"
"I want to though." She interrupted, looking down at her hands nervously, "I was being selfish and immature. I can't force you to love me, and I don't want to force you. all that matters is we're together now."
Squall slowly got up, trying not to move his aching muscles. He wanted to say something, but he felt this wasn't the right time for that conversation. He noticed a shiny metal thing in her hands, "What's that?" He asked curiously, but mostly to change the subject.
"Oh this?" Rikku asked, smiling, "I made it for you!" She showed him the Lionheart chain, it looked exactly like his old one but more shinier.
She handed it to him. He held it up examining it with astonishment, she got every detail down, "This is amazing. When did you make this?" He asked.
She got up, a big cocky smile on her face. "In Arts and Crafts class. I figured I owed you it since I lost your last one."
"You didn't lose it, I did." He tried to get up, but he felt a sharp pain in his back.
"You ok?" She ran over to him, looking at him with concern. He was lying back down on the bed, his eyes tightly closed and teeth clenched in pain.
"I'm...fine...just in alittle pain." He replied.
"Why?" Rikku began examining his body for bruises or cuts, "Did something hurt you?"
He chuckled, then winced because of the pain that caused, "No one can hurt me. I just...overdid it at the gym, that's all."
"You're muscles are all tense and knotted." She said as she ran a hand across his chest.
He gritted his teeth, but not because of the pain, "No, I'm ok, really."
"I know!" Rikku smiled, jumping up perkily, "Let me give you a massage!"
Squall's eyes widened. He wouldn't mind a massage, especially from her. But that would mean she'd be touching him, that would lead to inappropriate thoughts, which would lead to inappropriate actions. "Rikku, that's not a good idea..."
"Nonsense!" Rikku smiled, settling on the bed behind him, "Now turn over, buster!"
"Rikku-" They heard a loud thunder clap which caused Rikku to jump and yelp.
"How about some music first?" She giggled nervously, getting up and running to the radio.
She wouldn't take 'no' for an answer, Rikku was too determined. Squall sighed and slowly turned over as Rikku stopped the radio on a song she liked.
Ah ahAh, ah.. c'monAh, ah, ah uh uh-uhUhhh, ahhhYeah, Busta RhymesJanet Jackson, here we go, one time!
Baby just tell me just how you feel (how you feel)We livin it I'm just givin it to you real, baby c'monEv-erytime we crossin the borderlineBe giving it to you makin you feel fine, turn the heat upBetter believe we gon' shine, make your body windBaby the pleasure is all mine -- to my peoplewho be regulating the dancefloor (dancefloor)Better step to your business and handle yours, how we do it?Making your people just wanna bounce and get busybecause you know that we always'll hit you off, what you say?You wondering why you feeling the force (force force)And don't you worry cause yo we ready to floss (floss floss)Mohicans'll always a put you onAnd blow the spot til the very second I'm gone - get your groove onNow that you tired I hope your body recoupinbecause we keepin you movin that's what we doin and you know we're
Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body wet(Yeah, yeah, gonna make your body wet)Gonna make gonna make your body scream again(Yeah yeah, make your body just scream out yeah yeah)Gonna make gonna make you think of naughty things(Ha ha, make you think of naughty things)Like me on you (or me on you) and you on me (yeah, what it's gon' be?)What's it gonna be!

"Ooh! I love this song!" She shrieked happily, turning to walk to Squall. She got on the bed and carefully settled on his back, causing him to tense some more.
"What are you doing?" He asked, frightened by her action. Did she forget she was wearing nothing but a shirt and he wasn't wearing one?
"I get better leverage here." Rikku replied as she began massaging his shoulders. She didn't notice the nervousness and terror in his voice. He was the only one uncomfortable with the situation, "Geez, Squallie, your lower back is tense!" She moved her hands down to his lower back as he closed his eyes tightly, trying to control himself.
Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body wet(Ah, ah, ah, make your body wet, c'mon)Gonna make gonna make your body scream again(Hah, make your body scream yeah yeah, yeah yeah!)Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body cream(Make your body cream)Make you have wet dreams (make you have wet dreams)What what what, what's it gonna be!
"Ok, turn over." Rikku said, getting off his back.
He opened his eyes, "What?" He asked, shocked. He couldn't even handle her on his back, what makes her think he can control himself with her ontop of him?
"Turn over. As in: on your back." Rikku smiled, "I wasn't speaking Al Bhed, Squallie."
"I know that!" He replied, "I don't think that's a good idea, though."
"You think too much." Rikku said, rolling her eyes, "Come on, just let me massage your chest and we're done. What you so afraid of?"
'Gee, I don't know. Maybe not being able to control myself and taking you right here.' Squall thought glumly. He slowly turned onto his back, watching as Rikku gave him a satisfied smile.
"There you go. Was that so hard?" He didn't respond has she settled ontop of him, concentrating on massaging his sides. He closed his eyes and tried to think of something else, instead of Rikku ontop of him, massaging his body. Things were going good with them again, he didn't want to screw it up.
What what, what, party peopleseeing you waving your hand highHot shit, burning you making your ass fry, baby c'monGive you the shit what that make you quiver while I deliverthe shit that'll hit you right in your liveAlways SoundScan'n, we never leavin you hanginI'm always doin my thang and my music always be bangin, so check itYou know we be always movin the crowd (crowd)Type of feeling that make you wanna go play it loud (loud) whattup?echoes WHEN, WE, COME, and hit YOUBest believe, we really gon' get YOULight up whatever you wanna flauntCause we be dippin it baby, so what you want? Here we goPaintin the picture we keep it hot in the winterNow big up my people you know I'm always wit'cha -- Flipmode!We blowin and takin over the planet - full blastHittin with Busta Rhymes and Janet and you know we're gonna
Janet Jackson (Busta Rhymes)Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body wet(Ah ah, ah ah, gonna make your body wet)Gonna make gonna make your body scream again(Yeah, gonna make your body scream out yeah yeah)Gonna make gonna make you think of naughty things(Uh uh, make you think of naughty things)Like me on you (or me on you) and you on meWhat's it gonna be! (what it's gon' be?)
Rikku moved her hands down lower, moving her upper body to the movement of her hands. Squall bit down hard on his lower lip. 'Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it!' He kept telling himself, but his body wouldn't listen to his mind.
Before her hands could go any further, Squall quickly grabbed her by the wrists. She stopped, looking down at him in confusion, "What's wrong?"
He didn't reply, he quickly pulled her down by her wrists into a heated kiss. Squall released her wrists to grip her waist, turning her so that he was ontop and she was on the bottom.
Rikku was shocked by his sudden action, but she recovered quickly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing back with equal passion. Squall's hand travelled down the side of her body to move up her shirt and grip her thigh causing Rikku to gasp, releasing his mouth. Squall took that opportunity to move her hair out his way to get to her neck, leaving hot wet kisses. Making another mark in the crook of her neck. His hand was between her thighs, slowly opening her legs, so he could settle between them.
Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body wet(Ah ah, yeah, we gonna make your body wet)Gonna make gonna make your body scream again(Ha ha, gonna make your body scream out yeah yeah!)Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body cream(Yeah! Hah, gonna make your body cream)Make you have wet dreams (make you have wet dreams)What what what, what's it gonna be!
Busta Rhymes (Janet)What, what, what.. what what?We gonna make your body feel wet (WET)We gonna make your body say yeah (YEAH!)I wanna know where my road dawgs is itI wanna know where my live women is at - Where you at?We gonna make your body feel wet (WET)We gonna make your body say yeah (YEAH!)Now everybody wave your hand real high - real highAnd let me see you all put em up in the sky - c'monMakin my niggaz just say HO, word upAnd makin you women just say AH, baby c'monBringin it to you in many waysWe makin and takin you people right through another phase, c'monWe rocking it baby that's how we dropping it babyThere ain't no stopping it baby I know we driving you crazyAnd then we hit with the greatest of all times - times timesNo matter what you do baby, we gon' shine and you know we're gonna
Janet Jackson (Busta Rhymes)Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body wet(Yeah, gonna make your body wet)Gonna make gonna make your body scream again(Ah, gonna make your body scream out yeah yeah)Gonna make gonna make you think of naughty things(Yeah! Gonna think of naughty things)Like me on you (or me on you) and you on meWhat's it gonna be! (yeah, what it's gon' be?)
Rikku wrapped her legs around his waist as he pulled off her shirt, throwing it across the room. She pulled him back into a kiss as his hands trailed down her body again, gripping at her panties, about to pull them down.
KNOCK! KNOCK! Squall quickly jumped up, causing him to fall on the floor. Rikku sat up, covering herself up with the blanket, and staring at him with concern, "Are you ok?"
"Uh...yeah. Find your shirt." He responded, getting off the ground. Rikku nodded, getting off the bed to grab his shirt he threw. Squall watched her put on the shirt, just to make sure she looked decent...not to check her out.
When he was sure she was decent, he opened the door, forgetting he wasn't.
Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body wet(Hah, gonna make your body real wet)Gonna make gonna make your body scream again(Yeah, gonna make your body scream out yeah yeah!)Gonna make gonna make gonna make your body cream(Yeah! Gonna make your body cream)Make you have wet dreams (make you have wet dreams)What what what, what's it gonna be!
Yuna averted her gaze from Squall's chest, blushing. Tidus tried to hold back his laughter, "...Nice of you to get all sexy for us, Squall." He smirked.
Squall looked at them in confusion then down at his chest, "Shit!" He quickly grabbed a white t-shirt and put it on.
"Who is it?" Rikku asked, walking to the door. Yuna and Tidus stared at her in shock, this time Tidus looked away. "Hey, Yunie!" Rikku smiled, hugging Yuna.
"H-hey." Yuna replied, still shocked at what her cousin was wearing and what Squall wasn't, "What you doing here, Rikku?"
Rikku released her smiling, "It began raining, so I came here."
"That explains the t-shirt." Tidus muttered. Squall scowled at him.
"Raining?" Yuna asked confused, "The sun's shining out there, it's completely dry."
"Any particular reason you're here?" Squall asked, glaring at Tidus.
"Shopping, remember?" Tidus asked, "Are were you and Rikku too busy to remember?" He grinned widely at them. Yuna smacked him in the back of the head, "OW!" He winced, rubbing his head.
"Thanks, Yuna." Squall said, "I was gonna get my gunblade."
"Where's Lu and Tubby?" Rikku asked.
"They said they weren't coming." Yuna responded.
"Yeah, they're doing the nasty." Tidus smiled, dodging Yuna's hand, "I was just playing!"
"You and your perverted mind." Yuna smiled, rolling her eyes.
"You know you love it." Tidus smiled, looking back at Rikku and Squall, "You guys coming or not? If you are, I advise you to get dressed..."
Squall quickly punched him in the gut and closed the door. Tidus gasped, falling to the floor in pain. "My poor baby!" Yuna smiled, leaning down to hug him, "But you should've known that was coming."
"I know." Tidus muttered in pain.
"You didn't have to punch him, you know." Rikku smiled, checking to see if her clothes were dry.
"Yes I did." He replied, sitting on the bed, "...We need to talk."
Rikku looked at him in concern and confusion, "Yeah?"
"About earlier...and the other day..."
"Oh." She sighed, looking down, "About that."
He looked up at her, "It's nothing bad...it's just...it's obivious that we both want to do...sexual things to eachother." He watched her nod slowly, "So everytime we're alone...we tend to almost do that."
"I'm sorry." She apologized shamefully, "It's all my fault. I practically provoked you."
Squall chuckled, looking down, "Yeah...but I wouldn't have done anything if I really wanted to. And I did...do."
Rikku looked up at him, "You do?"
"Yeah...but I know that you don't believe in premarital sex..."
"I sure don't act like it." She muttered.
"That's the problem." Squall smiled, "When I start, you start. And if we're both going at it, and there's no one or nothing to stop us, it's going to end up happening."
"What do you advise we do?" She asked, glancing at him.
"I need you to be the stronger one, Rikku." He replied, looking at her with complete seriousness, "If I end up getting too intimate...I need you to stop me, ok?"
Rikku smiled, finding it funny that the great Squall Leonheart couldn't control himself. That he needed a little Al Bhed girl to help him, "Ok! I'll try."
"Good." He sighed, relieved that she understood. He knew there were going to be more times when his body got the best of him, but with her not cooperating, he could maybe stop himself.
He got up, running a hand through his hair, "This is going to suck so much." He muttered as Rikku began giggling.
LUCA MARKET PLACE
“Ooh! There it is, Yunie! The petstore!” Rikku pointed at the Pet shop, jumping up and down.
“Aww, look at all the animals!” Yuna smiled, her and Rikku ran into the store.
“Were we just dumped?” Tidus asked, “For animals?”
Squall shrugged, walking towards the store, “They are pretty adorable animals.”
“Who are you?” Tidus asked angrily, following him.
PET STORE
“There it is...there’s the monkey!” Rikku stopped, staring at the monkey breathless. It was a multi-colored monkey with dark beady little eyes. Rikku walked up to it, looking like a kid who walked into a candy store. Squall watched her with a small smile, her mouth was open alittle and her eyes were wide.
“Look at him, Tidus!” Yuna cried out, running to a cage with a dog-looking animal in it, “Isn’t he so adorable?”
Tidus nodded, smiling, “Cute.”
“Come, pet him!” Yuna said, grabbing Tidus’s hand and moving him towards the cage. The dog barked happily, scratching at the cage to get to Tidus. “He likes you.” Yuna giggled.
Tidus smiled down at the dog, slipping a hand into the cage to pet it. It began licking his hand, wagging it’s tail happily. He had to admit this thing was adorable, and Yuna seemed to love it. “What’s his name?” Tidus asked, still looking at the dog.
“The tag says he hasn’t been named yet.” Yuna replied, leaning down to smile at the dog.
“Kogoro.” Tidus said, the dog began barking happily.
“Kogoro?” Yuna asked, smiling, “That’s a beautiful name.”
“Too bad.” They looked over at Rikku, who was frowning sadly.
“What’s too bad?” Tidus asked curiously. Yuna sighed sadly, getting up. Tidus looked at her in confusion. “What’s wrong guys?”
“With all the machina around our house, Pops won’t let us have pets.” Rikku answered, looking down disappointedly.
“Yeah, he says that the animals would just destroy the machina.” Yuna said, walking towards the exit, “Come on, let’s go look at some other stuff.”
Tidus and Squall watched them leave the store sadly. They looked like their hearts were broken, and that made Tidus and Squall hurt too.
“Come on.” Squall said, walking out the exit.
LUCA
“We’ll be back, Squall and I are going to do check out the Chocobo races.” Tidus said. Yuna and Rikku were watching a small boy make something he called a dress sphere. They were so interested and amazed by it, they barely heard Tidus.
“Be careful, you guys!” Yuna said as they walked away.
“We’re always careful!” Squall and Tidus yelled.
“Right!” Rikku said, smiling. She continued to stare at the boy making his invention. Was he Al Bhed? She couldn’t tell because he was covered from head to toe.
Yuna noticed her shoe was untied, she bent on one knee to tie it.
“Look, loves. What a surprise! Yuna is once again on her knees.” Leblanc smiled, Yuna looked up to see Calli, Leblanc, and Dona laughing at her.
“Now, now, girls!” Dona spoke up, giving them an angry look, “Don’t say that about little Yuna. We all know she’s still a virgin. Tidus didn’t sleep with her, that’s for sure.” They all began laughing again as Yuna angrily stood up.
“Cram it, mucanc (losers)!” Rikku said angrily, “Just because we’re not fast like you doesn’t mean anything.”
“Now the Al Bhed speaks?” Calli smiled, “I bet you haven’t slept with Squall either. Wanna know a secret?...I have!”
Rikku’s jaw dropped in shock. Squall actually had sex with this girl? How desperate was he?
“Shut up, Calli!” Yuna said, “That’s the only reason he talked to you.” Rikku knew Yuna was trying to make her feel better, but she wasn’t helping. The image of Squall with Calli was just disgusting.
“Oh really?” Calli asked angrily, “Then why when we made love did he tell me he loved me over and over again?”
Rikku looked at her in disbelief. Squall would never tell anyone he loved them, especially Calli. Rikku knew he couldn’t stand her.
“You’re such a liar!” Yuna said, speaking for Rikku.
“And Tidus said the same to me.” Dona smiled, “That’s why he gave me this.” She pulled out a necklace with Tidus’s charm on it. Yuna gasped, Tidus said he lost that necklace, either he’s lieing or she stole it. And Yuna believes Tidus, which means Dona did steal it.
“You thief!” Yuna said, reaching out for the necklace but Dona pulled it away.
“Sorry, love. The thief would be your little cousin over there.” Leblanc replied.
“Geez, no wonder Tidus and Squall slept with us and not them.” Dona said, “They’re so clingy and needy.”
“You met nothing to them.” Yuna replied angrily, holding back tears.
“The only thing you’re doing for them is ruining their reputation.” Calli said, “And if you think that they don’t care for us, then wait till they sleep with you. You’ll be yesterdays news afterwards and they’ll be back with us.”
“Take the stupid necklace, it’s not even real sliver.” Dona threw the necklace down at Yuna’s feet as they walked away.
“Don’t let them get to you, Yunie.” Rikku said, watching the girls walk away, “You know what they said was crap, right?”
“Yeah...I know.” Yuna said, bending down to pick up Tidus’s necklace.
CHOCOBO RACES ARENA
"That was rigged!" Tidus shouted angrily as the people crowned the winning Chocobo.
"I told you to vote for the black one." Squall smiled, counting his money. He won 500 gil from voting on the black chocobo, Darkness. The real reason he voted for it was because of its color though.
"Whatever." Tidus mumbled angrily, "Yuna's not gonna be happy I lost 500 gil."
Squall shook his head in shame, "Gambling's a bad habit, Tidus."
Tidus glared at him, "You were the one that told me to gamble! You put the money in my hands!"
Squall shrugged, seeing Yuna and Rikku coming towards them, "What can I say? I'm a bad influence. But try explaining peer pressure to Yuna."
Tidus saw Yuna and smiled widely, "Um...hi, Yuna."
Yuna smiled but Tidus could tell something was wrong, her smile looked forced and her eyes looked sad. "What's wrong?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder and looking at her with concern.
Yuna shrugged, "Nothing." She smiled.
Rikku rolled her eyes, grabbing something from Yuna's hand. She held it up so Tidus could see. "Yuna found your necklace, Tidus." She said, waiting for Tidus to explain why Dona had it.
"Rikku!" Yuna gasped, she didn't want to confront Tidus about it. She knew Dona was just lieing to her to get her mad.
Rikku looked at Yuna, "Come on, Yunie. Don't lie to Tidus. You know there's something wrong and you want to know what Dona was doing with lost necklace!" She stared at Tidus, waiting for an explanation, "Well, Chocobo hair, care to explain?"
Tidus looked as Yuna looked down sadly then at Rikku's angry glare, "Don't look at me like that!" He said, her stare was making him feel horrible.
"Like what?" Rikku asked, handing the necklace to him.
Tidus took it, looking down at it sadly because he couldn't look at Yuna, "All accusingly."
"You act like you're hiding something." Rikku replied, looking over at her cousin, "Go ahead, Yunie. Tell him you want to know."
Yuna sighed sadly, slowly looking up at them, "I want to know."
Tidus turned pale and looked down, "Ok...you want to know the truth?"
"Of course she wants to know the truth, stupid!" Rikku yelled.
"Rikku." Yuna said, looking at her with pleading eyes, "Can we be alone?"
"...but, Yunie!" Rikku whined. She didn't want to leave for two main reasons. One: She wanted to make sure her cousin would be all right, Two: If she left with Squall she would have to ask him that question and she didn't want to know the truth.
"Yes you can." Squall replied, grabbing Rikku by the shoulders and pushing her, "Let's go, Rikku."
"Tell her everything, buster!" Rikku shouted as she let Squall push her away from them.
Yuna watched them disappear around a corner, sighing. Obviously there was something more to Dona having Tidus's favorite necklace or he wouldn't be looking so guilty. Maybe he did give it to her...but why would he lie about it? Why did he tell Yuna he lost it?
Yuna gained courage, gazing at Tidus as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Well?" She asked, "Why'd you lie to me?"
Tidus looked at her in shock then down shamefully, "I'm sorry, Yuna...I..."
"You did lie to me?" Yuna asked outraged.
"But...you just asked me why I lied to you. I thought you knew I lied already." Tidus responded with a puzzled look.
"I didn't!" Yuna said, "I just said that because you were looking all guilty! I didn't really know you lied to me!"
Tidus scratched his head in confusion, "Man! Are you using some kind of chick therapy on me or something?"
Yuna shook her head angrily, "That's not the point! You lied to me! Which means Dona was probably right!" She sighed, placing her head in her hand, "About everything."
"Dona? Dona was here?" Tidus asked confused, "Yuna, I don't know what she told you but..."
"She told me you gave it to her because you love her." Yuna interrupted, looking up at him, "Is that true?"
Tidus gulped, turning pale, "Um...Yuna, I..."
"It's true!" Yuna cried out, watching him stutter, "You do love her!"
He looked up at her in shock, "The hell I do! I don't love her! Don't even think that!"
"You told her you did!"
"Yuna, I told her that to...get in her pants."
Yuna looked at him in shock and disgust, "Get in her pants?" She repeated, "That's horrible! You're a horrible person!" She turned to walk away but he quickly grabbed her by the arm, stopping her.
"Yuna, don't be mad." He pleaded, "She means nothing to me and I know it was a horrible thing to do...I was stupid then."
"How do I know you're not lieing to me now?" Yuna asked, not looking at him, "How do I know you're not saying you love me just to get in my pants?"
Tidus gazed at her sadly, hating himself for being stupid and hurting her like this. "Don't question our love, Yuna. I love you with all my heart. I never loved anyone like this before...Dona was just for sexual reasons. You're much more then that...you're my life."
"You shouldn't have lied to me." Yuna replied, closing her eyes as tears fell down.
"I know." He sighed, turning her around to face him, "I promise I won't ever again."
Yuna nodded, she knew how Tidus use to be. He would say things to charm girls and sleep with them. Deep in her heart she knew he wasn't doing that to her, he finally changed. "I forgive you." She said, looking up at him. He smiled brightly and pulled her into a hug.
"I'm sorry I hurt you." He whispered in her ear, kissing her on the cheek, "I love you, you know that?"
Yuna smiled, nodding, "I love you too."
SPHEREBREAK ARENA
"I never get this game." Squall commented as he watched an old woman compete against a dog.
"How's it feel to know a dog can beat you in a math game?" Rikku asked, smiling.
"Horrible." He responded, watching the dog make his move, "Very horrible."
"Uh huh." Rikku looked around the room, watching everyone play. She couldn't stop thinking about what Calli said. Did Squall really say he loved her? If he did, it must've been to get something because Squall wouldn't say it for nothing. Even if he did lie, it still hurt that he said that to her.
"What's wrong?" Squall asked, looking at her in concern.
"Nothing." She responded, not taking her eyes off the people playing.
Squall turned to look at her, leaning back against the wall, "You're lieing. You talk about Yuna not saying what's on her mind, you're doing the same thing right now."
Rikku turned to look at him. He was right, she has holding it in. "Fine, you wanna know?" She asked.
"I asked didn't I?"
She lightly hit his shoulder, "Stop being a smart-mouthed meanie."
He smiled, "And disappoint you? I think not."
Rikku rolled her eyes, smiling. She liked being with him like this. Them joking and playing around, she didn't want to ruin it by asking stupid questions.
"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked, interrupting her thoughts.
"Do I have to?" She asked, whining alittle.
He looked at her in concern. Something was really wrong, he could tell in her features. "I was gonna say 'no' at first but it looks like something's really bothering you so the answer is yes." He replied.
Rikku sighed, looking down, "Fine...but remember you asked."
"Fully noted."
Rikku smiled then looked up at him with complete seriousness, "Yunie and I ran into Calli and them."
Squall's eyes widened, "Calli was here? What she do now?" He asked angrily. That girl was always trying to ruin his life.
"It's not what she did...it's what she said..."
"What did she say?"
Rikku couldn't say it. It would hurt too much to say aloud and she didn't want to make any accusations like she did with Tidus. She thought about how she was towards him and felt bad, she was taking out her anger and frustration on him. "Uh...nevermind!" She smiled, "C'mon! Let's go see if Yunie and Tidus are done talking!" She grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the door.
"Rikku, no." He said, pulling her down an empty hall, "What did Calli say?" He watched her look down nervously, fidgetting with her hands.
"I don't wanna say it."
"Rikku." He lifted her chin to look at her, "Tell me. It's obviously bothering you."
"Saying it isn't gonna help me neither, ya know."
"Why not?"
"Because...because I don't wanna know the truth." She admitted shamefully.
"What truth?" He asked, puzzled.
"Did you tell Calli you...love her?" Rikku asked, gazing at him. There it was, she asked him. Now he was gonna tell her the truth and she would probably feel like crap.
"Oh." He looked down, "That truth." He forgot about that. It was just once when they were dating. He said it to shut her up and get her in bed. He knew Rikku knew that already, but it still hurt her because she wanted him to say those words to her.
"I know why you said it." Rikku said, "You're a guy...you do stupid and mean things like that."
"Yeah." He admitted shamefully, "I didn't mean it. You know that right?"
"Of course!" Rikku said, smiling alittle, "But..." Her smile went away as she frowned sadly.
"But what?" He asked, watching her lean against the wall sadly.
"I just...wish I could hear those words."
"Rikku..."
"Ed'c hudrehk (It's nothing)." She smiled, shaking out of her sadness. Yuna must be rubbing off on her because she didn't want to start a confrontation. Especially with Squall, they've been through too much already. "Let's just go and forget about it."
Squall stopped her from leaving, pushing her against the wall, trapping her with his body. "We're not going anywhere until you tell me what's bothering you."
She sighed, knowing she was trapped. His body had her pinned against the wall and there was no way she could walk away. "We already talked about it...let's just go."
"Something's still wrong."
"No...I told you everything. Mad'c ku (Let's go)."
"You're switching to Al Bhed, that means something's still wrong." Squall said, gazing at her, "It hurts you to know that I told Calli I love her and I can't say those words to you."
"You don't have to...now can we go?" She tried to move again, but he stopped her.
"Am I right?" He asked.
"What?" She asked angrily. She was getting frustrated that he wouldn't let her go and drop it. Why did he need to know? He was being very unSquallish.
"Am I right about it upsetting you?"
"Yes!" Rikku admitted angrily, "Anymore hurtful questions you wanna ask, meanie?"
"Why?" He asked, ignoring her last comment.
She sighed with frustration, "Oui'na paehk y zang. Fro yna oui ycgehk draca xiacdeuhc? (You're being a jerk. Why are you asking these questions?)"
Squall knew she was getting angry and frustrated, that's what he wanted. Anger and frustration led to the truth. This was the only way he could get her to say it.
"Why does it upset you?" He asked again.
"Dryd'c y cdibet xiacdeuh! Fro tu oui drehg? (That's a stupid question! Why do I you think?)" Rikku asked angrily.
Squall shrugged, "Why?"
"PALYICA E MUJA OUI! (BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!)" Rikku shouted, not realizing that she said it out loud. Once she realized what she said, she quickly closed her mouth and stared at him in shock. Did he know what she said? She knew he was studying Al Bhed...but maybe he didn't. There was a huge satisfied smile on his face, which made Rikku know he knew.
"You!" She looked at him accusingly, "You cheater! You knew that was gonna happen!"
He chuckled softly, "Rikku..."
"Ruf tyna oui! (How dare you!)" She interrupted angrily, struggling against his hold, "You weren't ready to hear that from me! You're not suppose to know yet! Delete it from your mind now!"
"Rikku..."
"Now you're gonna feel weird around me thinking that you're stuck because I love you! I don't want you to feel that way!"
Squall put his hand over her mouth, "Rikku, calm down. It's ok...I wanted to hear that." He watched her look at him in confusion, "E muja oui duu, Rikku (I love you too, Rikku.)"
Rikku's eyes got impossibly wider, she tried to stay standing up but she felt her consciousness leaving her. Squall quickly grabbed her shoulders, holding her up as she almost fainted. Did he know what he just said? Maybe he didn't...he was just learning Al Bhed, maybe he meant to say something else.
"Do you know what you just said?" She asked, shocked.
He nodded. It felt good to finally tell her even if it was in Al Bhed, but he knew she understood. She reacted the way he expected, what he didn't expect was her to almost faint though. "I know what I said." He replied.
Rikku shook her head in denial, "I...I don't think you do."
"I said: I love you too, Rikku. Right?" He asked, hoping he said it right.
She nodded, even more shocked that he knew what he was saying. Squall Leonheart, a man that never got atttached to anyone, was standing infront of her telling her he loves her. Rikku felt happiness fill her body, but then she remembered Calli. "You're not just saying this to make me feel better because you said it to Calli, are you?" She asked, curiously, "Because I don't wanna hear it if it's a lie."
"No, Rikku, of course not." He said, shocked she would think that. Was it really that hard for her to believe he loved her back? "I loved you for a long time...I just couldn't tell you. Plus I wasn't sure you loved me back."
"Why would you think that?" She asked. She knew she never told him, but that's because she thought he didn't want to hear it.
He shrugged, "Because you never said it...or tried to say it."
"I was scared." She admitted.
"Me too." He smiled, "But now I'm not...it's time you knew."
Once it all dawned on Rikku that he wasn't lieing, that he really does love her, she smiled happily, "I love you."
"I love you too." He smiled back, letting Rikku pull him into a kiss. His hands moved from her shoulders to rest on her waist, grabbing her and picking her up.
Rikku wrapped her legs around his waist but then she remembered something: Be the stronger one. She reluctantly pulled away before things got more heated, "Let's go see Yunie and Tidus." She suggested.
Squall sighed, remembering her promise to him. He really hated that promise now. "Ok." he agreed.