Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Through The Year ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 18: THROUGH THE YEAR

RIKKU

Yuna noticed a big change in Rikku once Squall left. She didn't hide her feelings and pretend everything was ok like she did when Gippal left. That day Rikku went home and threw out everything that reminded her of Squall; Ghiki was an acception though. Rikku still loved Ghiki as her own and she didn't care if he was a present from Squall, she wasn't getting rid of him.

Yuna and Lulu tried to talk to Rikku about the whole Squall situation but she told them Squall Leonheart no longer existed and she never wants to hear that name again.

During the summer Rikku also went through a dramatic attire change. If Squall thought that she wore less clothing when he was there then he would think she was running around practically naked now. Her attire was now a bikini top and miniskirt that revealed her thong straps. Her hair also grew out and she wore it in it's usual ponytail; letting braids cascade down it.

Rikku, along with everyone else, knew that Yuna was still upset about Tidus's departure. Yuna satyed with Lulu and Wakka on Besaid Island; trying to live a normal life. Rikku left to travel Spira with fellow Al Bheds to learn more about machina. She signed up for many tours to just get away from it all. Yuna and Rikku both wanted to get away from it all. The only difference was Yuna wanted peace and quiet and Rikku wanted to do anything that would make her forget.

During her tour of Spira, Rikku found an item known as a sphere. She heard of them before. There were two types: dresspheres and movie spheres. The one she found was on Mt. Gagazet (where Tidus disappeared) and it was a movie sphere. Curious as to what was on it, she watched it. It revealed a very shocking scene of a man in a cell talking about saving a girl. What made things most shocking was that the guy looked like Tidus.

Rikku then decided to live out her dream over the summer. She was going to become a spherehunter. She talked to Brother about it and together they made a group of spherehunters called The Gullwings. It consisted of Rikku, her odd older brother Brother, a smart kid Shinra, and Brother's bestfriend Buddy.

Rikku talked Brother into using his airship the Celscius as a source of travel to get around Spira to look for more spheres. He agreed under one condition; that he would be leader of the Gullwings. Rikku reluctantly agreed.

During her travel back to Besaid to show Yuna the sphere, Rikku met a woman named Paine. Paine reminded Rikku of him (she didn't even want to think his name anymore). What surprised Rikku the most was she asked Paine if she wanted to join them. This woman dressed and acted like the man that broke her heart. Why did she want her around then? Paine agreed because she always wanted to fly on the airship.

They made it back to Besaid Island where Yuna was living her sheltered life away from everyone. Once Tidus left people kept asking her questions about him. No longer being able to bare it; she moved into a small house with Wakka and Lulu and their unborn baby.

Rikku showed Yuna the sphere. Yuna watched it in shock as she saw the man. He looked like Tidus, but was he? Rikku suggested they go look for new clues and Yuna agreed to join the Gullwings, not even telling Wakka and Lulu that she was leaving.

Now both Rikku and Yuna are travelling Spira with their new mysterious friend, Paine. Yuna also noticed the resemblnace Paine and Squall had. She would watch in amusement as Rikku would bother her the same way she did Squall. The most amusing part was that Rikku didn't even know she was doing it.


SQUALL

Squall made is way to Balamb Gardens where he was immediately signed into SeeD school by Laguna. Keeping to his promise, Squall was his old lonesome self. He was once again taciturn, moody and withdrawn. He harshly pushed away anyone that tried to get close to him; mostly the girls.
He first meets a spunky girl named Selphie Tilmitt. Squall wanted nothing to do with her but once she mentioned she was from another world and knew Tidus too he allowed her to show him around. She was clumsy, more clumsy then her. He refused to think about her but that didn't stop him from remembering. He couldn't just forget her so he had to push her in the back of his mind.
Selphie introduced him to everyone. Irvine (who was a big flirt on the school grounds), Zell (a very overconfident martial artist, but he was way too emotional), Quistis (Squall's new teacher and a very smart woman), and finally Rinoa.
Rinoa some-what frightened Squall at first. She was odd to him, always telling him things like 'You're going to like me! You're going to like me! You're going to like me!'. Squall would have liked to stay away from her but he knew he was sent there to protect her. In many ways she was similar to Rikku. They were both care-free and strong-willed. The only difference was that Rinoa seemed to push him into a relationship with her, Rikku didn't even try. Theirs came naturally.
Squall was pointed leader right away by the headmaster. This angered him because he just wanted to be alone and get through his mission without worrying about others again. That's when Squall met an old friend: Seifer Almasy.
He was walking down the hall when he bumped into his old rival. Seifer laughed and joked at the friendly mark he left on Squall when they were younger at the orphanage. Squall replied back harshly that Seifer's scar actually made him look tougher instead of the wuss he really was. That almost caused a fight until Rinoa broke it up. That's when Squall realized there was a little bit of a connection coming from the both of them.
Later that night Rinoa explained to him that her and Seifer did use to be a couple so long ago. This didn't make Squall happy; in fact it appalled him. How could somebody so sweet like Rinoa fall for an idiot like Seifer? After he felt appalled he felt disappointed and angry at himself for being that way. He was beginning to feel like a jealous punk which only meant one thing: he was getting feelings for Rinoa. She succeeded in pulling him into a relationship with her.
Rinoa was in trouble like the letter from the anonymous person said she would be. Edea was a power-hungry sorceress who used her power to try to take over Galbadia. She took Rinoa as prisoner and Squall and his new team were off to save her. What shocked Squall the most was when he found out his rival Seifer was working with the sorceress. Squall and the team then find out that the real Edea was being possessed by the sorceress Ultimecia. Rinoa was soon possessed by Ultimecia; awakening Adel.
Rinoa was to be murdered afterwards, the orders where given from an unknown source but Ultimecia and Adel were in a hurry to do it. Squall saved Rinoa, in the end almost dieing himself. Rinoa gained sorceress powers from Edea and Squall then realizes that she was the sorceress he was born to protect.
After a year of staying in Balamb Gardens with his new friends Selphie, Irvine, Zell, Quistis, and now Seifer; Squall grew into the leader role. It took Rinoa a lot of pushing and hard work but she finally succeeded in getting him to open his heart once more like Rikku did. The only difference was that Laguna encouraged their relationship. That somewhat angered Squall but he thought this was his life now. He would live in Balamb Garden with his new companions and fiancee, Rinoa.
Everything was going good until he received a bottled message with a mouse symbol on it. It was from the King.
"It's time." Squall said, reading his message.
"To Traverse Town?" Laguna asked, looking over Squall's shoulder at the note.
"To Traverse Town." Squall nodded, glancing at Rinoa.
"What's Traverse Town?" She asked in confusion.
He explained everything to her later that night; happy that Laguna allowed him to share his mission with someone else. Why couldn't he be so understanding in Spira? He stopped in mid-thought as memories came rushing back in his head. It may have been over a year but all the things that happened allowed his brain to concentrate on other things. But now things were back to normal (for now) and he couldn't forget the bright perky Al Bhed girl.
"Sounds like an adventure!" Rinoa smiled at him brightly, "I...I would love to go with you."
Squall barely heard him as he was deep in thought.
"But I know I can't. Just...promise me you'll be careful, ok?" Rinoa gave him a quick kiss on the cheek then walked out the room. She seemed to be deep in thought too.
"Squall, you ok?" Laguna asked, "Your fiancee was just talking to you, you know. She seemed alittle...off about something."
"Hmm?" Squall asked, breaking out his thoughts, "Where'd Rinoa go?"
Laguna chuckled and shook his head. Some things about Squall would never change, "Just get your gear and I'll drop you off at Traverse Town. Yuffie, Cid, and Aerith are waiting."
"Aerith?" Squall asked, "You mean 'Aeris'? But...she's dead...Yuffie told me..."
"She was dead." Laguna replied, shrugging, "Something odd happened and she ended up coming back to life. Now she goes by the name Aerith."
"Now I've heard everything." Squall snorted, "I'll be ready in 5."
------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
"Hey, loser, leaving to do cool Knight stuff?" Seifer teased as he stood in Squall's doorway. He watched Squall pack with a smirk. They've became close friends after the sorceress mission. When Seifer found out he had a spell on him he was pissed and made a promise to try to become a better knight.
"Jealous?" Squall asked, smirking back.
Seifer snorted indignantly, walking into the room. He glanced around as Squall walked to a dresser drawer and opened it slowly. Seifer watched him in amusement, he was trying to be sneaky about something.
"Whatcha got there?" Seifer asked, his eyes were glued to something in Squall's hand.
"Nothing. Do you mind?" Squall asked harshly. He held the thing close to him as he made his way to his suitcase.
Seifer laughed at his question. Squall was in defensive mode which meant only one thing...that thing was important to him. A truly nice friend would say they were sorry and walk away, but Seifer wasn't like that.
He quickly snatched the item from Squall's hand and examined it.
"Seifer!" Squall snarled angrily, reaching for it, "I'm going to fucking kill you!"
Seifer let out a low whistle as he looked at the picture of a very attractive green-eyed blonde. "This doesn't look like Rinoa, Squall." He smiled, "But I ain't complaining...she's hot! Who is she?"
"None of your business." Squall snatched the picture back and put it in his suitcase.
"And you're taking it with you?" Seifer's smile grew wider, "Are you two-timing Rinoa already? Man, at least wait till after the damn wedding!"
Squall grabbed Seifer roughly by the collar, "Look, I consider you a...friend now. Don't fuck it up by your dumbass remarks. And no word of this to Rinoa, ok?"
Seifer frowned, amusement still in his eyes, "Ok, man, calm down."
Squall released him to continue to pack.
"But if that girl is single to her to call me..."
"Seifer." Squall muttered in a threatening tone.
"Sorry...can't a man try?" Seifer asked.
---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
A/N: Just a short chapter to tell what happened during the time Squall and Rikku are apart. I didn't want to write a big story about it because it'll take too long and I'm way too lazy. Yes, Rikku is now in YRP travelling the world to hunt for spheres. Squall is now with...Rinoa...(i hate her). The whole evil sorceress time has passed and they're...engaged now. Squall is now leaving to be with Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid to help Sora and his keyblade quest. And Aerith is back from the dead people (I wonder how that happened ^_^) and introducing a new and very important character: Mr. Seifer Almasy! He's got a big role in the upcoming chapters.