Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Warrior's Life ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
I awoke to the screech of my blasted alarm clock one chilly Saturday morning in January. My hand flung out from under the bedspread and smashed my alarm clock into bits and pieces. I let a great yawn escape my diaphragm, and sat up. I grumbled a low and groggy noise, and regretfully turned to my bedside table. I slid open the drawer and retrieved an all new alarm clock and set it, predicting this sort of thing was bound to happen…again.
 
I then gazed around my room, as if searching for something that wasn't there. The time when I wake up, yet am too tired to get out of bed is when I contemplate things. Random things, usually of no real significance.
 
What was I going to write today? Being an author, I had to have some form of literature in the process or else I was basically screwed. So there, I had something to think about before trudging out of bed.
 
In my writing, I tended to personally take things from my own life and incorporated them in my stories. I could completely base a character off of myself and write about how they're twenty-five and don't have a husband yet because people are frightened of who the girl really is. Her strength is a part of who she is and no guy wants any part of that. Jerks. Then something amazing happens to her and finally finds a guy who accepts her after a bunch of crazy and emotional, life-changing stuff happens.
 
Yeah. Right. Non-fiction or not, it's too cheesy and cliché to really happen.
 
So today would be another full-blown training day. Just like it has been for the past two weeks. Ever since the release of my last book, I've been in a writer's block and a monotonous mess. One cause the other, as it seems. My life was no longer exciting, hence the monotonous. Because of that, I had no inspiration; which goes back to a monotonous procedure every day. A monotonous circle of boredom.
 
Getting dressed is part of that procedure. I go shower, dress myself in my gi, and put on my precious necklace - a simple thing that was given to me by my Father for my Bat Mitzvah. I never took it off, no matter what.
 
Next step - get breakfast…or lunch, considering I woke up at noon. So I went downstairs and put on ten bowls of instant Ramen. I'm a warrior, and I have a warrior's appetite. Another reason for my man problem - men don't like to pay for girls with big appetites, let alone watch them eat.
 
As the soup was cooking, I went to obtain the mail, a break from the usual routine; I usually got the mail after I ate lunch. My life had definitely become pathetically boring in the past few weeks. Maybe something exciting would pop up in the mail, if I was lucky. I retrieved the letters from the mail box and started to rummage through them, and my hopefulness sank with each bill and advertisement that passed through my fingers.
 
Just then, as I flipped to the last letter, I tensed up and stared, unsure, interested, and all-too hopeful at the important and fancy looking envelope that lay between my fingers of both hands. “Warrior University” was neatly typed on the sticker of the return address, and my name was written in fine, rich-black calligraphy on the front. My eyes widened momentarily as the shock passed over, and I tore open the top with exploding enthusiasm.
 
Dear Victoria Oji,
 
We at Warrior University cordially bring forth to you a full scholarship to our honored and prestigious school. Enclosed are details. We hope you accept our offer.
 
Sincerely,
 
~Warrior University's Headmaster
 
I blinked. Once. Twice. Three Times.
 
I was still holding the letter. It still said what it said. I was almost positive it was real. I didn't want to slap myself, in the chance that it wasn't real that I'd wake myself from this wonderful dream. I blinked twice more and dared to pinch myself to make sure; still there
 
The Monotony was over.
 
End of Prologue
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z nor do I own Fire Emblem. However, I do own this story and all characters otherwise not already copyrighted.
 
This story and all characters that are not already owned are © by PrinceVegetasLover