Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Warrior's Life ❯ The Stars Are Shining On Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One:
The Stars are shining on Me
Barley one week had passed, and already the first day of school was here. It almost seemed a bit childish to be this excited for the first day, but I didn't care.
 
In a way, I was heading into a new adventure of sorts. New place, new people, sparring and battles…my thought process stopped at the last thought - that was going to be VERY amusing.
 
Excited as I was, it can keep you from sleeping sometimes. So, I was quite groggy too, practically half asleep at the controls of my hover car. I hadn't been sure whether physically flying would be safer than driving or not in my sleepless condition, and it seems as though I had made the wrong decision. I almost slammed into a pole twice, and then an old lady. Luckily, before any real damage could be done in my exhausted rampage, that charming elder woke me with a chorus of four-letter words and obscene gestures.
 
Around an hour later, I pulled into the grand university's parking lot, extremely euphoric. I stepped out of the vehicle, and then went to its side and capsulated it. I wasn't sure why parking lots even existed anymore, seeing as everyone carried their cars around in their pockets.
 
All of that aside, I started to walk around, examining the people and premises. I held my arms close to my body, trying to protect my body from the freezing air that attempted to penetrate my coat. The sound of excited chattering filled the air from all around, mixed with footsteps, heaving breathing, and the quiet scampering of squirrels across the frozen earth in their last attempt to harvest food. Having freak-hearing like I do can be both fruitful and annoying. At this moment in time, it was definitely useful, I could hear who was excited and new to the school, and even some information from those veterans whom had attended here last year. I looked at the people who spoke all of the interesting things I heard, hoping to see what kind of warrior they were. This was an interesting study, I could find out what kinds of people were coming to this school.
 
Then, my gaze shifted towards a boy, a heavily armored, auburn haired boy. He was alone, timid looking with an atmosphere of shyness and anxiousness. His gloved hands fidgeted nervously with the collars protruding from his armor. Out of all of the people I saw, he was the only one who seemed ill at ease.
 
I considered going over and talking to him. He seemed frightened, whether of the new atmosphere of people or something entirely different, I obviously didn't know. But I didn't want him to be alone, for some reason, that worried look sketched on his face just didn't seem to belong there.
 
I think he felt my gaze on him, for he turned and met my eyes. I could see the entirety of his face now - big, innocent, bright blue eyes, a smallish and cute nose, and a blue and gold headband hiding under his ginger bangs, the colors matching his armor. He had all the features of a child, yet those of a man at the same time. As he looked at me, those innocent eyes widened in surprise, and he grabbed the edge of his cape nervously. I smiled warmly and tried, yet mostly failed, to hide an embarrassed blush. He loosened his grip on the cape and his eyes softened, his mouth forming into a weak smile. That was my signal to walk over to him,
 
“Hey, what's up?” I asked him, keeping the smile warm. He softened up a little more, and answered,
“Nothing, just a little nervous about the new school year,” He laughed a laugh that matched the nervousness he spoke of, “I've never been out of my country before.”
 
“Really? Where are you from?”
 
“I'm the Master Lord of Pherae.” He said with a proud grin. My eyes widened and my mouth went agape,
 
“WHAT? Really? Wow, so you're, like, royalty or something?!” I yelled a bit too loud in shock. He didn't seem to notice the volume of my voice, and gave a bit of a sheepish laugh,
 
“In a way…” I grinned, and decided to tell him about myself now,
 
“Although it's not nearly as interesting as what you are, I'm an author. Victoria Oji at your service!” I outstretched my hand for him to shake, “but you can just call me Vi!” He snatched my hand eagerly and shook it,
 
“Are you kidding? That's SO cool! By the way, Vi, I'm Roy!” All of his fear and edginess was gone now, and he was as elated as a child just for the fact that he made a new friend. I honestly thought it was rather cute. At that thought, I hid a blush; I hadn't thought something like that about a boy in a while, let alone someone I just met.
 
“So, Vi, what are you here for?” Roy suddenly asked politely, still with an excited grin. I shook my previous thoughts out of my head and answered proudly,
 
“I'm here for the Martial Arts! I've been training for almost thirteen years now!”
 
“Really? Wow, that's awesome! I'm here for the swordsman classes!!!” he beamed. I giggled, amused at his childlike actions. This only made him beam more so.
 
“Can you demonstrate for me?” I asked, interested in the swordsman that stood before me. He nodded.
 
“Sure thing! Just stand back.” I did as I was told, and he took a step back as well for good measure. Then he reached for the sword in the sheath on his back, and pulled it out slowly, making it gleam in the surprisingly bright January sun.
 
Then he started to swing his sword about like there was no tomorrow, almost chaotically, yet practiced and talented at the same time. I was in awe as I watched the blade cascade back and forth in combos that could kill if you got too close. As soon as he was done, he turned back to me and grinned,
 
“Well, how was I?” My grin matched his, maybe even more so excited,
 
“That's amazing! You're really talented!!” he placed an arm behind his head, cocked his head, and turned a tiny bit red as a sheepish laugh escaped his lips.
 
“Thanks, that was really nice of you…” I simply shook my head,
 
“No, no, my pleasure.”
 
“Can you demonstrate for me? You know, your martial arts?”
 
I froze up. I had a friend; did I have to push it further? I frankly did not expect him to ask me that. Sure, this was a school for warriors, but were there really people as strong as me? No, probably not. I couldn't let Roy know that…
 
“Vi? Vi, are you okay? You look a little pale…” I heard him ask worriedly as he softly placed his hand over my forehead. I blushed again, and he took his hand away immediately, a similar reddening pasting his cheeks. “Oh, u-um, s-sorry…I was just, um, checking to see if you had a fever, w-which you don't!” he stumbled about in the awkward moment.
 
“Oh…no, don't worry about it…” I explained softly, still mostly numb with my fear. He stepped back and gave me an apologetic look,
 
“I'm sorry; if you're uncomfortable, please, don't show me.” I forced a tense laugh, trying to ease myself a bit.
 
“No, really, don't be sorry. I'm sorry…I, um…look, if I show you how strong I am, you'll honest to Kami think I'm a mutant or something. You're my friend; I don't want you to be scared of me or anything.”
 
“How could you think that? I don't care if you're freakishly strong or weak! Why would I care?” I shrugged,
 
“I don't know, I'm just so used to guys being freaked out about me, so I'm paranoid.”
 
“You say that as if it's nothing.”
 
“Cause it is nothing. It always happens.”
 
“Not this time. If that's all you're worried about, please trust me and let me see!” I sighed, I didn't want to hurt his feelings and not do it. I trusted him, I was just scared. I wasn't sure if that was the same. So, I crouched into a fighting stance, and started to spar with the air. I went slowly - well, slowly for me at least. I actually went quite fast for most humans.
 
I shot glances at Roy's face, to make sure I wasn't over doing it. He was ecstatic, something I didn't expect in the least bit. So, I kicked it up a notch. Then another, and then another. Nothing seemed to change, except maybe he was more excited each time I improved the demonstration. My sudden animation now mimicked his, and I went as crazy as he did when he was demonstrating his talent. I was all over the place, doing things unheard of by normal human standards. I even created a ki blast or too and shot them to the ground - weak ones, so they couldn't do any damage. I could see his eyes attached to every single little thing I did, exhilaration dancing around within them. My eyes seemed glued to his
 
That wasn't a good idea. In a matter of seconds when I wasn't paying attention, I found my foot smack against the air above a freshly made stump, right where a tree had previously been. I slowly tore my head away from Roy's face and over in front of me, a large sweat drop tricking down my head as my eyes now laid upon my folly. There, about thirty or so yards in front of me, lay the poor tree; it was a big one too, a giant and elder elm with a large trunk and millions of tentacle-like branches proceeding from its center.
“Ooo…dammit…” I cursed to myself quietly as I saw the damage I'd done in my short burst of enthusiasm.
 
I was afraid now to look back at Roy's face. I was sure he would definitely go back on his words from before, and I wouldn't blame him one bit. How could I have been so careless? Why did I have to stare at him, I knew better than that! That tree could have easily injured someone…maybe even kill, Kami forbid. I felt a hot, embarrassed blush creep across my cheeks like a scolding liquid, and I turned towards him at a snail pace, bracing myself for what was to come.
 
At first he stood there, unmoving, just shocked. That didn't last long though, as his eyes met mine. He snapped out of his stupor with a few blinks of his shining blue eyes, then did the thing I least expected.
 
He laughed. He burst out in innocent, childlike laughter. He chuckled so hard he threw his head back and dropped his sword with a loud “CLANG!” and gripped his stomach.
 
“W-wow, Vi! Y-you weren't kidding! AHAHAHAHAHA! T-that was g-great! I'm thoroughly impressed!” He then stood straight up again, grinned cheerfully, and wiped a tear from his excited eyes.
Now it was my turn to blink. Stupid, surprised, disbelieving, all of which described my brain and expression.
 
“Wait…you…what?” I questioned, stupefied. He walked over to me,
 
“I thought that was awesome! Not only that, you looked really happy, and It made me happy. I enjoy seeing people I like happy.” My eyes went wide,
 
“People you…like?!” He nodded,
 
“Yes,” then he laughed, sheepishly this time, looking as though he was trying to cover up a blush. Still in a half-daze, I pointed to myself with an uneasy laugh,
 
“Wait, you like me? Seriously?!” I knew I must have hit my head or something, because I knew he couldn't really be saying that.
 
“Well…you're really nice and funny and…I dunno, I just do!” The blush he was previously trying to hide shown through as he looked down. His grin was still there nonetheless. Another panicky laugh broke through as I said,
 
“B-but you barely know me!”
 
I don't know why I was acting so nervous. I was actually very happy and excited. I guess my subconscious was just reminding me of my…past boy experiences. But he seemed so innocent and sincere…and like I had said, he barely knows me, and I barely know him for that matter, so where was the harm?
 
He looked up to answer, and I looked into his eyes again. They were so full of hope and earnestness, how could I not trust him?
 
“Well, I know that, but I wanna get to know you!”
“S-seriously?” I choked out again, this time, finally having the realization to just shut my subconscious up. He nodded a big, enthusiastic nod,
 
“Yup! Why, don't you believe me?” I looked down, unsure of how to answer him.
“It's…not that I don't believe you…it's just hard to believe that someone could actually like me after seeing that…”
 
“But I do like you! I don't understand why I wouldn't after seeing that…look, um, if you don't feel the same- -“
 
“No, I do like you!” I blurted out before he could even finish the sentence. His eyes lit up again so fast it was if I had turned on some light switch in his head,
 
“Really? Yay!” He stepped a bit closer to me, starting to close the gap between us. I hesitated a tad before I said what I did next,
 
“…um…so does that mean…you're my…um…” I felt the word hot on my lips, dying to break through. I gulped nervously, and after a short pause of silence, he finished my sentence for me,
 
“…boyfriend? Yeah…I think I am…only if you're my, y'know, girlfriend…” although both of our cheeks were redder than a tomato at this point, his voice nor expression did not falter. My head bobbed up and down a little too eagerly He laughed cheerfully at this, seemingly shaking away the blood in his cheeks with the gesture. Then he stepped forward again, closing the small gap that had been left between us. I felt his arms wrap around me and his hair brush up against my cheek,
 
“Thank you, Vi!!!”
 
This action, along with others he had made in the past fifteen minutes, shocked me to a point where I thought I would never have full rein of control of my body again.
 
“N-no, thank you, Roy…”
 
After another few seconds, he let go of me and flashed another one of his impish grins. My mouth mimicked his without aid of my brain, and then at that moment, the blaringly loud sound of a large brass bell rang through the assembly area we were in, signaling us to finally go into the building in front of us and out of the cold.
 
Roy and I headed side by side into the building with the others. The school year had just begun, and I can certainly say that it had started off with a “bang”.
 
 
End of Chapter One
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z nor do I own Fire Emblem. However, I do own this story and all characters otherwise not already copyrighted.
 
This story and all characters that are not already owned are © by PrinceVegetasLover