Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Tourniquet ❯ Return to me Salvation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Akito's always sick, it's been foretold that he'd die young; as all of his predecessors had, but what they don't know about Akito is that he's not sick just because of the curse…he's sick for other reasons too. Fruits Basket cross Unfortunately an OOC Akito
 
NOTE: Akito is VERY OOC for the sake of my story (and I haven't really seen how he acts, manga/anime wise) so yeah.
 
My Tourniquet
Return To Me Salvation
 
“In spite of illness, in spite even of the arch-enemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in smalls ways.”
 
--Edith Wharton
.
..
He was lying on the window sill again, staring out at the garden flowers a bored fascination.
 
“Akito-sama, your dinner is ready.”
 
“Leave.”
 
“Hai sir.”
 
The servant woman left Akito alone to stare out at the garden flowers; he blatantly ignored the food. He didn't feel like eating today. Yesterday he had another one of those strange fits. It was annoying now. They kept coming recently, along with strange visions.
 
`Hatori has no idea what this all is about. He says he it's an oddity, that it's not even normal to them.'
 
These hadn't had happened except since he was a little boy. The only people who knew of these fits were Shigure and Hatori. He wasn't quite sure if Ayame knew or not. That was not the point. The point was that he was having them again, something he had gained as a child but Hatori refused to tell him what had happened that could've caused this severe of a reaction.
 
`He lied to me. He could've told me the truth when he said he didn't know.'
 
Akito sighed and leaned more against the window sill, watching others go by. He wished he could actually go out for once but it was the one thing he was denied. Instead of going out he opted to gaze at the garden flowers, looking at nothing in particular. An owl's screech startled him. He looked up to see one of the creatures fly down. Lifting his arm on instinct the bird perched there. Akito noticed a letter—a thick letter—tied to the bird's leg.
 
He didn't touch it, fearing the letter would do something (normal mail did not come through owls), and instead called out to the one person inside the main house that he could trust.
 
“Hatori!”
 
The doctor came running into the room, surprised by the call and worried if something had gone wrong. He stared at Akito who stood by the window, bird on his arm.
 
“Akito-sama?”
 
“An owl and letter,” Akito said with a frown. “Is it safe?” Instinct was telling him it wasn't.
 
Hatori walked forward and stared at the letter for five seconds before speaking.
 
“It's safe, but I'm glad you didn't touch it, or it would've taken you away from here,” the doctor said.
 
“Who?” Akito demanded. “Who wants me? Explain this to me Hatori!”
 
Hatori hesitated before replying, “I think that there are a few things we need to tell you, Akito-sama. Just let me get Shigure and Ayame here.”
 
“Fine. Get them here. Now.”
 
“Hai Akito-sama.” Hatori walked out after mumbling, “Please eat your food,” and something else in a language Akito didn't understand but he knew reversed whatever was on the letter. He'd sate his curiosity for the letter late though. Right now he wanted answers.
 
He turned once more to view the garden. It'd be a while until they were here. For now he'd consent to gazing at the flowers.
.
..
“You're serious, Hatori?” Shigure frowned. “Explanations? We promised—” He listened for another moment before replying. “It's time now. He's only sixteen though! We can't just—” Another pause. “You're right. If they come it's going to be hell to pay. It's better he knows but I—” He waited another moment. “Alright, I'll get a hold of Ayame. We'll be there soon. Ja.”
 
Shigure sighed, mumbled something entirely incoherent, before moving to pick up the phone once again, dialing Ayame's number.
 
“Konichiwa, Ayami,” Shigure spoke. “Ah, I wish it was but alas, it's not as good as we'd hope.” There was a pause. “Yes, yes, I know. Hatori wants us at the main house though; Akito-sama is calling us.” Another pause. “No it's not that. Boy if it were that—!” Pause. “Yes, it's about—” Pause. “So you'll be there? Akito-sama wants an explanation now and Hatori is saying we should be there as quick as possible.” Pause. “I'm afraid you'll have to leave your model Ayame.” Pause. “That's right. So you'll be there soon?” Pause. “Good. Ja.”
 
“Lunch is ready!” Tohru called. Shigure sighed.
 
“Ah Tohru-chan, as much as I love your cooking I'm afraid I have to go out this evening,” Shigure said with disappointment.
 
“What?” Kyo demanded. “Why?”
 
“I agree with the neko, why?” Yuki asked.
 
“There are some things I need to do,” Shigure said evasively.
 
“Like what?” demanded the rat and cat.
 
“…I'd better go! Ja!” Shigure was out of the house within seconds.
.
..
“WHAT?” Akito looked livid. “You've—You've been lying to me?” the head growled. “These—These—” Akito let out a strangled yell and knocked over the plate of food that was beside to lunge at Hatori. In a matter of seconds Shigure moved and caught Akito before he hit Hatori.
 
“”Let me go!” Akito screamed. “Let me go now Shigure!” Shigure shook his head and lifted the head up. Akito stopped struggling the moment he was in the air. In a soft voice he questioned, “Shigure? What are—”
 
Shigure turned Akito around so that his head was facing his chest (even though Akito was a little over five feet tall and Shigure himself nearly six feet), once again startling the young head. Unconsciously Akito leaned his head against Shigure's chest, he wouldn't do this otherwise.
 
“You need to calm down, Aki,” Shigure mumbled. Akito's breathing hitched. No one had called him Aki since he was a child.
 
“There was a reason why we kept it secret,” Ayame spoke.
 
“Your grandfather made us swear not to tell unless necessary,” Hatori said. “Given you were young and we were in our teens but we understood the seriousness.”
 
“So when were you going to tell me? Were you ever going to tell me?” strangely Akito hardly felt angry now, and as he spoke his voice was soft. In fact he felt calmer than he had in quite a few years. It might've been due to the fact that no one had held him like this in quite a while.
 
“We were sworn not to tell you,” Shigure said, “but we made a pact to tell you when you turned sixteen, but you weren't in a good mood so we waited. Eventually we gave up.”
 
Shigure let Akito go and he sat down on the floor, Shigure following his example, but sitting slightly behind the head as a presence of safety and security which Akito had rarely felt these days….
 
“So my grandfather didn't want anyone to know of my traitorous father,” Akito spoke.
 
“Correct,” Hatori replied.
 
Akito looked at all of them with a sudden smirk, giving a slight unease to those in the room.
 
“You obey me, yes?” he questioned. The three nodded hesitantly. “You follow my every order, correct?” The three nodded again. “Good. I want to live at your house,” Akito stared pointedly at Shigure, “with the rat, cat,” he sneered at cat, “and the outsider. I want to be there as soon as possible, Shigure.” Shigure nodded and stood. Akito gave him one look and Shigure bowed and left.
 
“Ayame, leave.”
 
Ayame stood, bowed, and left as Akito turned towards Hatori.
 
“Hatori?” Akito asked somewhat sweetly.
 
“…yes?” Hatori looked hesitant to answer.
 
“You want me to feel better, correct?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Yet you won't let me outside.”
 
“A—”
 
Akito held up a hand and continued, “I want to be able to go outside, Hatori.” Akito's voice grew a hardened tint to it. “I want to go to the school that the cat, rat and outsider attend.”
 
“Akito-sama,” Hatori spoke, “you can't.”
 
“Would you deny me what I want, Hatori?” Akito demanded.
 
“No….”
 
“I want this.”
 
Hatori sighed.
 
“On one condition, Akito-sama,” the doctor spoke.
 
“What?”
 
“Either Shigure or I am with you at all times.”
 
“Shigure will stay with me,” Akito said with finality, “and he will contact you if anything goes wrong. Now leave.” Hatori nodded, stood, bowed, and left.
 
Akito stood and moved back towards the window sill he had stared out at earlier. He glanced at the letter that sat there from earlier before scowling. A woman entered to clean up the mess of food.
 
“Burn this.” Akito motioned towards the letter and left the room entirely.
 
He needed to think.
.
..
It's random, I know, but this what a sick induced mind followed by several ideas that…ugh. Just review, k?
 
TK
Twin Kats