Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Acting ❯ Fights and Feelings ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Well, here you go people! Gomen for the long wait. And watch out for that wrench in the works. And remember, Don't hurt the writer for things will go slower!
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 5: Fights and Feelings
 
Kagura followed the boys into a clearing. She crept behind one of the fallen trees near the boys; listening to them. When she heard Kyo mentioned acting she was furious but the next thing Yuki said brought her crashing back to reality. She collapsed back against the fallen tree. She hugged her legs to her chest.
 
They were pretending earlier!
 
She glanced over the tree thinking that she should confront them. Then they kissed and her world shattered. She hugged her legs tighter to her chest and buried her head in her arms.
 
Kyo kissed him! WHY?! He's kissing Yuki and niether of them seem to care! This can't be happening!
 
Kagura began to silently sob. She couldn't take it. She didn't understand. She took off, not caring if they heard her, she couldn't stand to be near them any more.
 
9-9-9-9
 
Yuki and Kyo listened until they were sure Kagura was gone before they pulled away from the kiss.
 
“That better have worked.” Muttered Kyo.
 
Yuki nodded in agreement. He was worried that the way things were going he and Kyo were going to become some of the world's best actors because while the kiss had occurred all the passion had been fake. It was the final ploy to convince Kagura and, while they would be pounded for sure, they knew it had been necessary hence why they had practiced it, though it had been difficult to do at first. It had taken all of yesterday to get the whole scene down.
 
“Let's just hope there isn't a high demand for repeat performances.” Whispered Yuki.
 
Kyo nodded in agreement and got up, “Should we head back now or wait a minute?”
 
“We should probably go back now.”
 
“You do know that she's probably going to go after you right?”
 
Yuki nodded, “But we should be fine. I'd say we're becoming masters of improvisation.”
 
Knowing that Kagura was probably still lurking about the boys wandered home hand-in-hand. Any open-minded person who walked by then would have said they were a cute couple. As they walked towards home they began to feel very uneasy. They could feel eyes glaring into there backs and knew it had to be Kagura. Occasionally, one would glance at the surrounding trees to try and catch a glimpse of her but no luck.
 
“Do you hear that koibito?” asked Kyo as he glanced over his shoulder. He was careful to use endearments to keep up the façade.
 
Yuki nodded. He could feel the eyes watching them intensely. Especially him, burning their hatred into him, “Yes, perhaps we should hurry up.”
 
As they hurried away a pair of glaring eyes followed them.
 
They can't do this to me! I will have my revenge. Yuki will pay for taking my beloved Kyo from me! He is mine and will always be!
 
Kagura ran silently through the trees to get ahead of the boys before they could get back to Shigure's house.
 
 
Kyo and Yuki were walking briskly towards Shigure's house and safety, when a dark whirlwind appeared out of the forest and knocked Yuki and Kyo away from each other, sending Kyo crashing to the ground and Yuki flying into a tree trunk, stunning them both.
 
The whirlwind died down to reveal a truly pissed off Kagura. She grabbed Yuki by the shirt collar and shoved him up against the tree.
 
“It's your fault!” she screamed, “You took my Kyo from me!”
 
“Kagura, I…” Yuki started.
 
Kagura struck him across the face and before Yuki could recover she kneed him in the stomach causing Yuki to double-up from the pain. But Kagura wasn't finished. She hauled him up by the shirt collar, again, pulling him off the ground.
 
Yuki was too disoriented from the previous blow to do much fighting back, not that he didn't try.
 
She glared up at him. “You knew how I felt about him and you still took him from me,” She hissed at him, “I know he felt the same but now this. It's entirely your FAULT!”
 
She smashed her fist into Yuki's side before letting go. Yuki fell to one knee but slowly stood up. Kagura gave him enough time to stand and attempt to defend himself. To Yuki's credit he did managed to dodge a number of the punches and kicks thrown at him. However, even if he did dodge them, the pressure they created caused cuts of impressive size.
 
Kagura landed a ferocious blow to Yuki's shin but grabbed his shirt again before he could finish falling, “Suffer as I am suffering because of you.” She hissed at him. With that she spun around and threw him across the path and into a boulder.
 
 
Kyo came out of his stupor just in time to see Yuki's flying body collide with the unyielding stone and Kagura not too far behind looking like she was on the war path.
 
She's trying to kill him!
 
He leapt to his feet as Kagura reached Yuki's still form.
 
She had just landed a kick to Yuki's ribs when Kyo wrapped his arms under her shoulders and locked his fingers behind her neck, pulling her back from Yuki, “Stop it Kagura, you'll kill him!” he shouted.
 
She growled at him, “He deserves it! How could you do this to me?!” She broke his hold and kicked his legs out from under him sending him, once again, crashing to the ground. She grabbed him and shoved him against the nearest tree and pressed herself flush against him.
 
“Don't you love me anymore?! I thought that you loved me with all your heart.” She looked up at him with pleading, teary, eyes.
 
But he pushed her away, “No, Kagura. You heard what I said before and I meant it!”
 
She glared at him, “How could you?!” she screamed as she unleashed a flurry of punches on Kyo. He was unable to block the vicious blows, though not for lack of trying. Several distinct snap echoed through the forest.
 
When Kagura finally stopped hitting him he crumpled to the ground, unconscious. Kagura stood there panting not, sure what to do. Quite suddenly she felt a blow to the side of her neck and fell unconscious only to be caught by her attacker.
 
“`Gure, why'd you run off so suddenly?” shouted Momiji. When he caught up to Shigure he gasped at what he saw.
 
“Shigure? Momiji? What's wrong? Did something...” Tohru breathed a shocked gasp at the scene that lay before her. On the ground lay Kyo and Yuki, unconscious, and looking severely beaten while Kagura lay unconscious in Shigure's arm.
 
“Momiji, I need you to run, as fast as you can, back to the main house and get Hatori. Tohru, I need your help.”
 
Momiji speed off as Tohru stepped closer to Shigure.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
 
Wow, you know for such a long pause I think that's pretty good. And I now have a Kyo and a Yuki plush to help me along! Wheee!