Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Me, Myself, and Yuki ❯ Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket.
Authors Notes: Thanks for all the wonderful reviews. They were all great even the life threatening ones. There may be some grammar and spelling errors tried to hurry and post this up.
Memories
Chapter 4
Yuki’s POV
“It seems that Sohma-san has two days to live.”
The three visitors breath hitched. Soon giggles could be heard from the doctor. “Just Kidding!” Then Sora bust out laughing. “HA! HA! You should have seen your faces. HA! HA! It was hysterical!” She said in between laughs.
“You have a horrible sense of humor. You know that.” I say trying to regain my posture from the shock.
“So Kyo-kun is not going to die?” Tohru asks looking up at Sora with big eyes.
“No, he is not going to die.” Sora says after she finally stop laughing. “Sorry I just had to do it. The looks on your faces were priceless.”
“Hmm, I’m going to have to use that one sometime.” Shigure says rubbing his chin.
I glare at him, then look at Sora. “So did you come in here just to play your joke or did you want to tell us something important?” She looks at me with confusion at first but then she remembers why she really came in here.
“Oh yeah, It seems that Sohma Kyo has made it though the night. His concussion has gradually gone down. So he should be awake in a couple of days.” Sora says happily.
“That is great!” Tohru says excitedly.
Sora glances at her watch. “Yeah well I have to go to an appointment. See ya!” She waves to us and leaves.
“Wow she is nothing like Ha-chan.” Shigure chirps.
“Don’t call me that.” Hatori says as he enters the room.
“But Ha-san it’s cute.” Shigure wines.
Hatori turns to face me, completely ignoring Shigure, and asks, “How is Kyo-kun doing?”
“Well the doctor said the cat’s concussion has gradually fallen and that he should awaken in a couple of days.” I say hiding my excitement.
“Great I can’t wait until he wakes up!” Momiji says jumping up and down after he appeared from behind Hatori. I look at Momiji then at the door. Haru is there leaning against the door frame. He stares at me for a moment then turns and walks out into the hall. ‘Haru’ I get up and tell Tohru that I will be back. I walk out of the room and head in the direction I saw Haru go. I spot some white hair turning the corner and I fallow it. When I turn the corner Haru grabs my hand and pulls me into an empty room. He then lets go of my hand.
“What do you want Haru?” I ask. He pulls me into a hug. I try to pull away but my muscles ache from sleeping in a chair all night. ‘Oh well it is good to be hugged...I just wish Kyo would hug me.’ I sigh. Haru pulls away and takes a step back to give me some space. “Wha-what did you do that for?” I ask. He looks me in the eyes and then smiles.
“I just thought you might need it. Since you were there when Kyo got hit.” he say.
“Oh. Th-thanks.” I stammer.
“No problem. I still would have hugged you if you weren’t there.” He pauses. “Besides it must hard seeing the person you love hurt.” I feel my face get hot a little. ‘I’m glad I have someone to talk to about this. I don’t if I would be able to keep it all inside.’ I think to myself.
“I remember when we were about five and six, you and Kyo would dress up as knights and I would always in up being the evil dragon. You two fought together to save princess Kagura. Then one day Kagura had to go home early and said for you to take her place and be princess Yuki. She made you were a dress and her macaroni jewelry. You couldn’t refuse her or else it would be ‘off with your head.’ You were going to cry but Kyo took your hand and said ‘Don’t cry princess Yuki. You’re the pretty-ish princess I have ever seen. And I’ll save you from the evil dragon.’ Your face was red as Kyo dragged you to the castle. (aka: sandbox) It was late when we finally finished playing, so we all decided we better go home before our moms get mad. I had forgotten my lunch box at the sandbox and asked you guys to wait for me while I go get it. When I came back you were crying and by yourself. I asked you what was wrong and you told everything that happened.”
Flashback
“Um Kyo?” A Chibi Yuki asked.
“Yes.” An also Chibi Kyo answers. Kyo turns to look at Yuki. A big smile on his face.
“Kyo I um...I I like you...a lot. Will you marry me?” Yuki asks as he looks down to hide the huge blush on his face.
“Gross. I can‘t marry you silly. We‘re both boys and I don‘t like you like that. You’re my best friend. You‘ve been hanging around Haru to much.” Kyo says laughing.
“But I-” Yuki gets cut off by Kyo’s mom.
“Kyo Honey! Time to come home and eat!”
“Sorry Yuki, I have to go. See you tomorrow. Bye.” Kyo says before he runs to his mom. Yuki stood there, eyes watery, knowing Kyo would never want to marry him and have kids. (Author Note: since there little kids there parents have told them that if liked someone a lot that one day they would get married, have kids, and live happily ever after.) That’s when Yuki started crying.
End of Flashback
“That’s when I found out that you really loved Kyo...and you have always kept those feelings for him.” Haru stops talking and looks at me. Then he hugs me again. I am crying. I remembered it, every single moment. It was only a week later that Kyo’s mother killed herself.
Neither Yuki nor Haru saw the shadow that was behind the door listening to everything that had been said.
Authors Notes: Sucky ending I know but oh well. I'll try better next time. Please Review.