Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Me, Myself, and Yuki ❯ DEAD? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Basket.
's Notes: Sorry I took so long. I'll try to hurry up next timemaybe.

                                                                                                                     DEAD?

Chapter 3
's POV]

"I left my wallet back at the store. I'm going to go get it. I'll be right back." I say and run off before Yuki has a chance to answer. "What's with that kuso nezumi, he had a weird look on his face and was hesmiling?" I ask myself. I arrive at the store and see my wallet is right were I left it. I grab it and stuff it into my pocket. I run out of the store and head back to where the nezumi is. 'I better hurry before the milk goes bad.' I start to run faster. 'I can't wait to see Tohru again. Whenever I am around her I feel so-'
stop dead in my tracks as I see a car heading straight for Yuki. I see the driver with loud music on and his head down trying to get something off the floor. "Yuki! Get out of the way! Yuki!!" I yell but he doesn't hear me. 'Damn it. What a time to space out.' On pure instincts I run as fast as I can and shove Yuki out of the way. Only I was the one who is hit. All I can feel is pain. The world around me starts to go dim. I see Yuki besides me. He is saying something but I can't make out the words. He iscrying? Then everything goes black.

[Yuki's POV]

"Kyo!!!" I cry out as I run to him. "Kyo can you hear me! Say something Kyo!!" I start crying harder. I was beginning to have one of my attacks. "Kyodon't leave me." I whisper before collapse onto Kyo's chest.

^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~ ^ ~

I wake up to unknown surroundings. I slowly open my eyes but everything is a blur. I rub my eyes and blink twice. 'Where am I?' I look around and see Shigure sitting in a chair beside me, reading a book. "Shigure?" He looks away from his book to look at me.

"I was wondering when you were going to wake up."

"Where am I? How I'd get here?" I ask.

"You're at the hospital and Hatori-chan brought us. Since Kyo-kun had lost too much blood for him to help Kyo-kun himself." Shigure says in a sad voice.
's when I start to remember everything that happened today. 'Where's Kyo? Is he okay? He's alive right? WHERE. IS. KYO!!!?' On the inside I'm panicking, questions about Kyo fill my head. But on the outside I have an blank expression and with a cold voice, the only question I ask is "Where is the baka neko now?"

"Yuuukkii-kun. Couldn't you be just a little bit nicer? Kyo-kun is still your cousin." Shigure says in an whiny voice. "Anyway he is next door. Hatori and Toh-." I don't hear Shigure finish his sentence since I am already out the door. "YUKI-KUN!!! WAIT FOR ME!!!." Shigure yells as he gets up and walks next door.

'Please let him be okay. Please let him be okay.' I open the door and look around. I see Hatori sitting in a chair at the far corner of the room. Then Tohru rushes up to me. A worried expression on her face. "Yuki-kun! Are you alright? You should be in bed!" She starts to panic.

"I'm alright Honda-san. How is the baka neko doing?" As if on cue the doctor comes into the room. She looks around and starts talking.

"Hello everyone. My name is Sora Tendo. I'm hoping you're all doing well. I expect you all want to know the condition of the patient?" Sora looks around and sees everyone nod. "Okay then lets see." She pauses and flips a page of her clipboard. "It seems that Kyo Sohma has four broken ribs on his right side. None of which has punctuator his lungs, luckily. His left leg is broken in two places and he seems to have a mild concussion." Sora hangs the clipboard up on the end of the bed. "There is a 50 percent chance that he will slip into a coma over night." The room suddenly goes quite.

"Sora Tendo. Paging Sora Tendo. You are needed at the front office. Repeat. You are needed at the front office." CLICK.

"Sorry but I have to go." With that she is out the door.
suddenly falls to the floor and starts crying. "It's all my fault. If I hadn't asked Yuki and Kyo to go to the store then this would have never happened. Kyo wouldn't be-" Tohru couldn't finish her sentence because she is crying to hard. I feel like doing the same.

"No Tohru-kun it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself." Shigure kneels down and starts to rub her back.

"Shigure is right. I think we should all go back to Shigure's house. It has been a stressful day for all of us." Hatori says as he gets up from the chair and walks towards the door.

"B-but we can't. We can't just leave him here by himself." Tohru says as she stands and starts walking over to Kyo.

"Honda-san I will stay here with him. You need to go get some rest." I say giving her a reassuring smile.

"But-"

"Come on Tohru-kun lets go we can visit Kyo-kun in the morning. He'll be fine." Shigure says as he pulls Tohru out the door.
I am sure they are out of the building, I close and lock the door. Once done I collapse on the floor and start crying. "I am SO sorry Kyo. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have gotten hitIt is all my fault! I should be the one in this hospital bed, not you. But youyou saved me. You pushed me out of the way so I wouldn't get hit."
all my tears have been spent, I slowly get up and walk over to the desk. I take the chair that Hatori had been sitting in and put it beside Kyo. I sit down and take Kyo's hand in my own. 'He feels so cold.' I start to rubbing our hands together to make it warmer. I look at his face, 'He looks so peaceful.' My gaze falls upon his full lips. I lean closer to him and kiss him softly. I sit back up and whisper, "Thank you." Then I lean back into the chair and fall into a dreamless sleep.

The Next Day
wake up to noises of people talking. I couldn't understand anything they were saying. Once they had stopped talking I heard the door open and shut. I slowly open my eyes then quickly close them. "Ahgg."

"I see your awake." The voice seems to belong to Shigure.

"What's with all the lights. It is so bright." I say as I try to reopen my eyes. I look around and see Shigure leaning against a wall. "Where is Honda-san?" I ask when I don't see her in the room.

"She went to go by us some breakfast. Poor girl, she must have been worried all night. When I woke up she was already to go."

"How did you two get here?" I ask knowing that Shigure doesn't know how to drive.

"The bus." Is Shigure's only answer. The door suddenly opens and Tohru walks in with a McDonalds bag.

"Oh, Yuki-kun you're a wake. I bought some breakfast." She says holding up the bag she brought in. "This is for you." She hands me a segues, egg, and cheese Mc Muffin, hash brown, and orange juice. "And this one is for you." She walks over to Shigure and hands him a bacon, egg, and cheese Mc Muffin, hash brown, and coffee.

"Thank you Honda-san." I said

"Yes, thank you Tohru-kun." Shigure says.

"NO! NO! Don't thank me it's the least I could do since I didn't make breakfast." Tohru says as she gets a chair and places it beside Kyo. So now I am sitting on Kyo's right and Tohru on his left. I start to eat only to realize just how hungry I really am. 'Man I haven't eaten since yesterdayand that was breakfast.' I look at Kyo. He looks the same as last night. Peaceful and Handsome. I look at his hand and see someone holding it. I glare at the other hand, even though in my mind I know it is only Tohru. But I keep glaring. This act didn't seem to go unnoticed.

"Yuki-kun, no need to get jealous. We all-ACK!" I give Shigure a death glare so he could stop talking. He does.
doctor, Sora, comes into the room, her head down and a frown on her face. "Is there something wrong Tendo-san?" Tohru asks. Sora takes a deep breath then signs.

"It seems that Sohma-san has two days to live."

Please Review