Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Miracle ❯ What The Wind Saw ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Miracle
By, Jamie1317kast
 
If you don't want to be spoiled by the perfect ending of the last chapter, you don't have to read the epilogue. But, you might, right?
 
Disclaimer: I don't own them, don't sue me. Some of this epilogue is adapted from the end of The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, which every woman should read. I own La Sangre De Amor, it's my idea.
 
Rated R. why? Well, why not? Language, blood, and overall bluntness. SPOILERS
 
AN~ the prequels to this story are Protector And Betrayer, and The Final Price. You don't have to read them to understand this. I'll try to explain everything properly!
 
AN #2~ The first chapter was done listening to Take Me Away by Avril Lavigne, and the second chapter to Nobody's Home, and the third to Slipped Away.
 
Epilogue, What The Wind Saw:
 
“ Kyo-kun?” Tohru-kun raised her eyes to Kyo's face as he dried her tears.
“ Yeah?” He answered.
“ I think that.. I know what I want to be when I graduate.”
Yuki came up behind Tohru-kun and took her hand, Kyo grabbed the other hand. They both smiled. “ What is that?” Yuki asked.
“ I think that.. I want to be.. a writer.”
“ Oh, you do, do you?”
“ Um, well, I d-don't m-mean any disrespect to Shigure-san! Please, oh, I've said something terrible, I'm so sorry!”
Tohru-kun fluttered on cutely, like always. It really was nice to know that some things never changed. Yuki and Kyo smiled again and ruffled her hair.
“ Ya know what, Tohru?” Kyo grinned.
“ What is it, Kyo-kun?”
“ We love you.” They both hugged her close and laughed when she blushed.
I smiled.
 
The last people to leave the Sohma Graveyard were Ha-san and Aya. Silently as snow I leaned down next to Aya. He was crying on the white headstone, tears making trails down the clean marble. Ha-san was standing next to him, a hand on Aya's shoulder. My whisper was like autumn, dry and smelling of wet earth.
“ I love you, Aya.”
He turned and looked up.
“ What is it, Ayame?” Ha-san asked.
Aya didn't answer right away. But he did stand and brush away his tears on the sleeve of his robe.
“ I think, I'm ready to go home.”
“ Good.” Ha-san smiled a little and took Aya's hand. “ I'll make you some tea.”
 
Though I had died, I did not leave my family. For years my face was in the doorway, my scent was in the hall. And for as long as they lived, I walked with them and whispered to them in their dreams.
When Aya and Ha-san at last closed their eyes, I thought that that was the end of my time on earth. But even then, I lingered. Kyo hummed my songs, Yuki thought of me when he tried to cook, and Tohru-kun named her first son Shigure. Momitchi told Momo-chan about all my great books, and all the adventures I had written.
My books continued to gather fans by the thousands, expecialy my best work, La Sangre De Amor. More often than not, letters would arrive from the editing office, praising the epic romance between the Dog Prince and the Cat Gypsy. Tohru's children bore children unto the hundredth generation. Some of them stayed in our sleepy town and some of them traveled far across the sea.
In Spain, I had loved the roses and the wisteria. The wisteria was a light purple and would hang from anywhere. And it wasn't long until Yuki had red roses blooming in the garden. But what I loved best were the yellow and pink roses, when they were in full bloom they were bigger than my hand and oh, so sweet…
If you see a ripple, you know that they get bigger and bigger. But what you might not know is what started them, or how far they travel. Did you know that the farther ripples travel, the bigger they become?
Did you know, that they eventually become waves?
I do, I am that, the wave.
 
Ah, sweet freedom.
Ah, sweet death.
Ah, adventure.
 
Of all life's pleasures, only love owes no debt to death.