Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Miracle ❯ Miracle's Price ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Miracle
By, Jamie1317kast
 
Free! A promise fulfilled! That damn fine print! A death! And a question…Without the curse, what are we, exactly?
 
Disclaimer: I don't own them, don't sue me.
 
Rated R. why? Well, why not? Language, blood, and overall bluntness. SPOILERS
 
AN~ the prequels to this story are Protector And Betrayer, and The Final Price. You don't have to read them to understand this. I'll try to explain everything properly!
 
AN #2~ The first chapter was done listening to Take Me Away by Avril Lavigne, and the second chapter to Nobody's Home, and the third to Slipped Away.
 
Miracle's Price:
 
…and, hands trembling, Ayame read the suicide note to the congregation.
 
My Dear Family (and Tohru of course!),
I love you all so dearly. Please forgive me if what I'm about to do doesn't work and I leave you for nothing. The curse needs to be broken, firstly, understand that. We MUST be able to live and define ourselves as WHO we are, not just by WHAT we are.
 
Ayame's voice became suddenly thick with tears that went deeper than words. He, sadness consuming him, continued on while Hatori stared out at nothing beside him.
 
I am about to sacrifice myself. I shall now take on what was Akito's pain and bear the full weight of the curse alone.
 
Ayame was trembling like a birch leaf, but, still, he continued; if only for the sake of Shigure's memory…
 
For most of my life, I have been the Protector of the Sohma Family. And because of this great love, I have decided to become the Betrayer of my own selfishness.
Don't you see? It HAS to me. If not, who?
My final words are this;
 
I have paid at last the Final Price, I have stopped floating on the ripples. From here on out is merely Death, the greatest adventure of all.
Ah, sweet Freedom.
 
Catch me, catch me…
 
But only if you can…
…for I am the Wave.