Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Only One
 
A/N: To all those good boys and girls, Santa's finally delivered your present!! You other naughty kiddies, get outta here. Shoo!
 
Thanks: ayrishima . OxAshiteruxO . fushigiyugigirl3 . LoveYukiAndTohru . cowgirlkitten2000 . Mushrambolover . violenceisgolden
 
Nim: Oh shut up, will you, you annoying butt? Really. :glare: And, HENCE THE RATING "M"!!
 
KagomeGirl21: OMG! I totally forgot about Tohru's friends! Cuz, you know, I'm stupid like that. :slaps forehead: Thank you muchos much for reminding me of them. In fact, I think I'll include them in this chap!!
 
And to all those who are sad for Kyo, don't worry. I am too, and I'd never, ever leave Kyo alone like that for the rest of the fic! I love him to much to do that. So yes, he will be happy in the end, so yay!! :wink: In fact…
 
Chapter 8 (half dedicated to KagomeGirl21 for reminding me to include Uo-chan and Hana-chan!!)
 
"KYO?! WHAT HAPPENED?! WHO DID THIS TO YOU? It wasn't me, I know that for sure; I haven't seen you for over a month." Kagura ran up to the crumpled boy just sitting there on the sidewalk. "…Kyo?"
 
Kyo looked up at the boar finally and Kagura gasped. He looked horrible; not only was his hair messed up and all over the place (she already saw that when she first saw him), but his eyes had black lines all over indicating he hadn't slept in well over a week, his face was stained with streaks of tears that had ran each other over more then a million times, and he was visually thinner than the last time she had seen him.
 
"Kyo…what happened?" Kagura knelt down beside him, her face washed with concern and sadness, for once not killing him after not seeing him for a period of time. "Please…tell me."
 
He cried.
 
--
 
Yuki was smiling like never before; it didn't seem to peel off no matter how hard Shigure tried. Not that he didn't want the boy to be happy, but to tell the truth it was kinda starting to scare him. A lot. In fact, he actually began avoiding the rat so that he wouldn't have to have the pleasure of seeing his smile.
 
"Ah! Oh :nervous laugh:, Yuki! I…I didn't see you there…:avoids face: Um…:nervous laugh: I think…I think I'll just go the other way…yea…heh…" Turning around, Shigure just about sped off into the nearest doorway and closed it, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding. 'That was close. Too close.'
 
"What was too close, Shigure? And…um…why are you in my room?" Tohru's voice sounded behind him, giving him his second scare of the day. Mixed in with her mommy's voice, Anai played with her block toys, oblivious to the stranger in the room.
 
"Ah! Tohru! Oh, I'm sorry, um…I must've walked into the wrong room! I'm sorry, I'll just go now." 'And hope to kami-sama that it (1) is gone.' Shigure poised to walk out of the room when a thought just lit up in his mind. Turning around, he said, "Actually, I have a question to ask you, Tohru."
 
"Yes?" Tohru stood up from her place on the floor next to Anai.
 
"I was wondering…" Shigure started.
 
"Yes?" Tohru urged him on, leaning forward.
 
"…I was wondering if…" He started again.
 
"Yes?" She moved her hands in circles, urging him on, continuing to lean more forwards.
 
"…I was wondering if you…" He started again.
 
"YES SHIGURE-SAN?" Tohru was almost falling.
 
"…I was wondering if you knew why Yuki was smiling so hard these days." Shigure finally asked. Tohru fell. 'Owww…'
 
"Tohru? Are you okay? Did you trip over something?" He asked, oblivious.
 
"No, no." She answered, waving her hands. "I'm fine, thank you. As for your question…well…" At this, her face started to heat up and turned increasingly red. Shigure was, to say the least, most intrigued by now.
 
"Yes?"
 
"…Well…"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Um…"
 
"YES TOHRU-CHAN?"
 
"MenYukikissedthatnightafterhetookmetothemovies." Tohru spit out. Shigure fell. 'Ow.'
 
"Shigure? Are you okay? Did you trip over something?"
 
Shigure just growled not unlike a dog.
 
--
 
Helping him up, the crestfallen boar was sad and hurt and mad at the same time. How could she do such a thing to him? HE LOVED HER!! was the thought that rang in her head beside the other thought Kyo, why didn't you tell anyone? We would have helped you, all of us! You're so stubborn…
 
"I'm not going back."
 
Kagura looked at the boy half on her shoulder, half off. "Yes, Kyo, you are. You have to face the consequences and talk to Tohru." 'And I have some business with her as well.'
 
"You're not hurting Tohru, Kagura. So don't even think about it. And I'm not going back."
 
"Yes, you are."
 
Kyo stood up from leaning on her. Defiantly, he said for the last time, "No. I'm. Not." and ran.
 
--
 
"Hmm….."
 
 
"Hhhmmm…"
 
 
"Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm……"
 
Aggravated, Yuki looked up from his book. "Yes, Shigure?"
 
Pulling his head out from his laptop, Shigure just smiled and replied "Oh, nothing, Yuki." and walked out of the room. Yuki just glared at the dog's back.
 
'I swear he's doing that on purpose.'
 
--
(1) Shi-san's nickname for Yuki's smile
 
A/N: Okay, last chapter up next time I update (unless I drag it out even more…). I promise it won't be later than February of next year (haha, not much of a consolance [is that even a word? According to crappy Word it isn't, but I personally think it is. If not, it is now!!], is it?)!! In fact, I'm going to the Dominican Republic for Christmas, and I'm gunna be un-busy for most of the trip, so I'll write then.
 
And speaking of Winter Break: MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HANUKKAH/HAPPY (?)KWANZAA EVERYONE!! I might write a holiday fic just for the occasion. Depends on how many reviews I get. :wink:
 
R&R and make me happy! I've been a good girl this year. :nods: