Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Please Remember Me ❯ Go Rest High On That Mountain ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please Remember Me Chapter 7

Go Rest High On That Mountain

 

Disclaimer: See other chapters

 

A/N: I was hoping that chapter 6 would be the last one in this fic but my brain wouldn't quit coming up with ideas. The song is done by Vince Gill. This is a Kyo chapter. Yada yada yada....

 

Chapter 7

I looked up from my book and gazed out the window and sighed. I thought it was crazy that my master wanted me to get a teacher's degree before I could go and teach at the dojo. I knew as much as he did, when it came to martial arts at least. That's not the thing that really annoys me though; its having to take most of the same classes as that kuso nezumi!

We don't fight anymore, mostly because he's too out of it to even raise his voice, much less his fist. It was pointless now to even attempt a fight with him. Though I still look forward to the day when I knock him on his ass.

I turned back to my book and read the last question I had to answer. I quickly answered it and slammed the book shut and stretched my arms. I stood up and glanced at my alarm clock. 'Better find something easy to make for dinner or else the dog's going to start complaining.' I thought to myself. Lately dinner's been frozen dinner's, nothing compared to Tohru's at all. Shigure and I take turns making dinner. Yuki's to out of it to pay any attention to what he's doing. Last time he tried to make dinner, he set the kitchen on fire. We got it out before it spread. We had take out for a month while the kitchen was fixed. For a while, Shigure would point out that if Tohru were still here, she'd laugh at Yuki's attempt at cooking, then banish him away from the kitchen forever.

I pulled something out of the freezer and quickly popped it in the oven. I put some rice and water in the rice cooker and walked out of the kitchen.

The only person who ever said anything nice about my cooking was Tohru and that was when she was sick and I had to make her leek soup. Yuck leeks! I'm sure she was just saying that to be nice. She always did that. Sometimes, we weren't sure if she was being truthful or not.

I shook my head just as the timer on the oven went off. I quickly pulled out the food and put it on the stove to cool down a bit. I quickly set the table and went searching for the dog and rat.