Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ When Snow Falls ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
----------------
When Snow Falls
----------------


~Disclaimer~
I do not own Fruits Basket.

~Warning~
Rated X for sexual content. Read at your own risk.


"..." Speech
/.../ thought


---


Chapter One

---



Hatori hadn't had that dream for so long.

/It's been over a year now, ever since that visit from her.../ Hatori imagined Tohru standing at his deck looking out towards the garden as the first snow of the year fell from the sky. /Why was she in my dream?/

He put on his white overcoat as he looked over at the picture of Kana. His eyes wandered to his clipboard holding charts of Akito's health and wondered what the young Tohru was up to now.




"Have fun at school!" Shigure called waving.

"We'll be back shortly!" Torhu called back at the house smiling. The two Sohma boys kept walking down the path.

"Why do you have to be like that with Shigure all the time!" Kyo growled.

"What do you mean Kyo-kun?"

"...Whatever."

"L-O-V-E YUKI!" A choir sang.

The three looked up only to see the three infamous Prince Yuki Fanclub members standing in their way. Yuki sighed.

"Ho ho ho, Torhu," They sang, "Today's a lovely day to trip and fall in the mud, is it not?"

"Beat it, brats!" Kyo snarled.

"What? How dare you speak to us that way!"

"Tohru don't take that from them!"

"What do you mean? They're just here to say hi." Tohru replied dumbfounded. Kyo sweatdropped.

It was a regular day for the two Juunishis and the riceball. Their usual encounter with the Yuki fans, classes with their usual classmates, and heading back home their usual ways. Tohru had walked home by herself because Yuki had some things to take care of at the school and Kyo was sent home early because of his roughness during gym class.

"Ah, I have to stop by the grocer's to pick up some scallions!" She hurried over to the market and bought her groceries.

As she walked out the door she suddenly bumped into another person and dropped her bag. "Oh! I'm sorry, I wasn't watching my step."

Tohru looked up only to see nothing in her way. She looked down and saw a struggling seahorse.

"Uwaahh! Hatori! Um, water! Water, water!" Tohru frantically looked around for some water. After noticing there was none in sight, she quickly picked up his clothes and Hatori himself and ran home as fast as she could.

Tohru sprinted her way until she reached the familiar patch leading to Shigure's house. A puff of smoke appeared in her way and by the time she could see, Hatori stood in front of her in the nude.

"Kyaaa!!" Tohru quickly whirled around before she could see anything. "Um, H-Hatori-san! You're clothes are in the grocery bag."

Hatori quietly and quickly put his clothes back on. Once he was done he layed his hand on Tohru's shoulder. Tohru jumped a little in surprise but turned around and smiled innocently.

"I'm so sorry, Hatori-san! I didn't see you."

Haotri looked at her for a few seconds then replied, "It's okay. I'll help you with those." He pointed at her bags and picked them up.

"Ah, thank you!" Tohru bowed slightly and followed him to Shigure's.

The two reached the house and took their shoes off.

"Shigure-san! I'm back!" Tohru called out. There was no reply. "Shigure-san? Hmm, he must have went out. Kyo-kun?" Another moment of silence. "Ah, he must be on the roof. I guess it's just us two, Hatori-san, but would you like to stay for some tea and food? I just bought some at the market."

Hatori looked at his watch and saw he had some free time. "Sure. I'd love some." He answered. Tohru smiled happily and headed into the kitchen to prepare the meal.

As Tohru prepared the meal, she spoke to Hatori, "How have you been, Hatori-san? I haven't seen you since that visit with Akito."

"Everything's been going well. Akito's health is still uneasy but he's managing."

"That's good to hear." She called back.

Hatori looked around his surroundings. He and Tohru haven't been alone together since their first time meeting eachother. He looked into the kitchen from where he was sitting and saw her walking from one side to the other preparing some tea.

/So elegant... graceful, like Kana... What am I thinking? She's like Kana, yes, but.../

His thoughts her cut off by Tohru coming into the room with a tray.

/I can't think like this... can I?/

She set the tea down on the table.

/She... She's always on my mind now./

Tohru began to set the food down on the table. Suddenly Hatori grabbed her arm and pulled her down towards his face. Tohru dropped the tray in surprise and her eyes widened. Hatori finally noticed what he was about to do. He gently pushed her back.

"...Sorry."

Tohru didn't know what to think at first. "It-it's okay." She bent down to pick up the tray.

Hatori then gently grabbed Tohru's chin and pulled her towards him and softly kissed her.

Once Hatori pulled back Tohru looked him in the eyes. "Hatori?"



---



That's chapter one, I hope it's interesting so far. ^^
Should I continue on?
Please review, it's much appreciated.

~ Xu p a n d a