Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ When Snow Falls ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
----------------
When Snow Falls
----------------


~Disclaimer~
I do not own Fruits Basket.

~Warning~
Rated X for sexual content. Read at your own risk.


"..." Speech
/.../ thought


---


Chapter Two

---



"...I'm sorry." Hatori turned his head to the side and covered his face with his hand.

"...It's okay..."

"I'm not sure what was going on in my mind. I should apolo-"

"...I didn't mind it, really."

Hatori turned his head from his hand and looked at Tohru. Tohru looked down at the floor innocently.

"Tohru, I-"

"I understand if Kana keeps popping into your mind. I don't mind at all!" She smiled.

Hatori looked at her dumbfounded. /She thinks I thought she was Kana... I guess for the better./

"Y-yeah. Sorry about that. I should get going. I have a few patients coming in soon." He lied, "I'm sorry I couldn't have some of your tea."

"It's okay, Hatori-san, Kyo, Yuki, and Shigure should be coming back soon anyway. Walk back safely! Winter's just around the corner."

"I will. Bye." Hatori made his leave as quickly as possible.

Once he reached his house he plopped himself down on his futon and sighed.

/What's come over me? Kissing Tohru? It's obsurd./ Hatori brushed his finger across his lips. /Yet... her lips were so soft. Tender like Kana's... No. I need to stop this. I can't keep referring Tohru with Kana./ Hatori looked over at the photo of his beloved. /Maybe Tohru was right. Maybe I was thinking of Kana then./

Days pass and Hatori was still in a knot. His thoughts confused him more and more as the hours went on.



"Tohru! Yuki! Kyo! Are you all ready yet? We need to leave for the Main House soon!" Shigure called out.

"Yes! We're ready!" Tohru called back as she trotted down the stairs. THe two boys followed behind her with a grimacing look.

"Why do I have to go?" Kyo asked stubbornly, "I can't even get into the houses."

"It's not like I'm thrilled." Yuki sighed.

Tohru twirled around to the boys. "Oh, come on, guys! Don't you think it's fun visiting such a big house?"

Yuki and Kyo dropped their heads.

"Why are we going anyway?" Kyo turned his head to the side.

"To pay our respects before the new year of course!" Shigure chimed in.



Back at the Main House everyone was preparing for the new year. Soon enough the three juunishis and the riceball had arrived at the gate. As soon as they entered, Momiji popped into sight.

"Tohru!" Momiji cried out. He began to run towards the group and in a leap he was on top of Tohru as a rabbit.

"Momiji-kun, you should really get your act together." Yuki sighed.

"Awww, but I wanted to hug Tohru!"

"You should stop doing that you brat, it's ill-mannered."

"Kyo only wants to hug Tohru all for himself" Momiji stuck his tongue out.

"What!" Kyo began to chase the little rabbit around the garden.

"Those two seem to be having fun." A voice chimed in.

Hatori stood at his door.

"Ah! Tori-kun, how I've missed you so~" Shigure skipped towards his old friend.

"Hatori-san! Hello!" Tohru slightly bowed.

Hatori blushed a little from the previous incident.

"Tori-kun is blushing, oh my! Is it because of his love-wife, Tohru-chan?" Shigure played. Immediately Shigure was bopped on the head.

"Well, you're all here to pay your respects right? Go on ahead. I'll catch up later." Hatori said.

"Ah, Hatori, I have something to give you so I'll stay behind as well." Tohru replied.

The rest went on ahead to Akito and the rest of the Sohma's. Kyo stayed at the main gate lounging around.

"Tohru why don't you come in. It's getting cold outside." Hatori requested.

"Okay."

The two entered Hatori's home. They sat down on floor mats around a small table.

"So you have something to give me?"

"Yes, here it is." Tohru took out a picture frame form a plastic bag she held. "It's a picture frame I made. I noticed the one holding the picture of Kana-san is getting quite old, so I thought you'd like this."

Hatori took the frame in his hands and looked at it.

/Why does she keep bringing her up?/

"Thanks." He stood up and replaced the frames. Hatori remained standing, looking at Kana's picture. "Tohru."

"Yes, Hatori-san?"

"Is there a reason why you brought her up so much recently?" He referred to Kana.

"Um," Tohru paused. She looked to the floor and replied quietly, "It's because of that last visit... you know."

Hatori kept silent. He then finally sighed, "I wasn't thikning of Kana back then."

"Huh?"

"I don't know what I was thinking, honestly."

"Hatori-san..." Tohru stood up. "I still didn't mind it at all, even if it wasn't because you were thinking of Kana. I'm not sure if that's wrong to think or not." Tohru was unsure.

Hatori looked over at Tohru. She looked uncomfortable after saying that.

"I... I rather liked it." Tohru almost whispered.

Hatori stood in shock. He then walked slowly up to the young girl and held onto her arms. Tohru looked up into his face in a curious manner. Slowly, Hatori lowered his head closer to Tohru until their lips were at the same level.

"Hatori...?" Tohru whispered.

He then slowly pressed his lips against hers. This time it was longer and more fulfilling. Tohru didn't know what to think at first. But because she enjoyed it she gave in and kissed back. Hatori began to slide his tongue in until Tohru jerked back in surprise. Tohru wasn't experienced in kissing or anything in that area of that matter.

"...Sorry. I startled you."

"It's alright, it's not that I didn't like it, I just-" Tohru tried to explain.

Before she knew it Hatori's lips were against her's again. He slid his tongue in quicker without much notice. Tohru responded by wrestling his tongue with hers. (Quick learner ~_^)

Suddenly, the sound of bags dropped. The two immediately seperated and looked in that direction. Yuki stood at Hatori's door entrance, gaping at the sight.



---



There's chapter two, I hope it's interesting so far. ^^
Should I keep going?
Please review, it's much appreciated.

~ Xu p a n d a