Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ wolf ❯ meetings and running and new and old faces ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hallo!!
I'm proud to say that for my first fanfic this has come a long way. There were times when I didn't feel like updating well you know what I did it anyway and I'm really glad that I did!! Anyway I'd like to thank those who have reviewed and I hope that you read my friends fanfic even though she's using my pen name. It's called Golden Sun meets Riveria. I also advise you to know that these are games not animes or mangas.
_________________________________________________________________ _______ Anything you recognize is Natsuki Takaya's not mine Everything you don't recognize is mine.
 
As kyia continued walking in the path that raven had set out for her it started to glow and rise above the ground and it lead her to another path that took her out to the ground just a few miles from where she had gotten on to it. There a woman sat watching for her.
“Hello Kyia-san my name is Miysha. I am here to lead you to the next challenge. You have passed the first and we hope that you pass the next.” She said as she got up from her rock. “I believe you can see the path? Because I can not.” “Then what would be the point of you being a guide?” kyia asked shaking her head. “To tell you what I know that you will need to know.” “Okay.”
When we get to a point you will become completely alone. No one will be there to meet you. You will have to depend on the instincts given to you when you became the wolf. If you are indeed the one we have been waiting for you will pass if not you will die.” “However Raven and I have a good knowledge that you will be the one that can free the wolves from the Sohma family.” Miysha stated. What can you hear?” “Not much I hear the wind from several miles away.” And I hear wolf somewhere ahead of us.” Kyia stated “ “That is the signal for you to break off from me and meet the next guide. We must stop in order to see him. You will not be able to but I will you will hear him before you see him.”
Suddenly kyia heard a breaking of twigs. Then she saw him, “Grandpa!” she cried. “I never knew you were a follower of her!!” “Of course I am. However we must hurry. Akito has sent men after you. I do not know whom but all I do know is that they are gaining on us quickly so now is not the time for talking. Follow me.” He said.
Miysha waved goodbye and suddenly disappeared. “She disappeared!” she said as if this thing never had happened in her life. “Of course she would she, raven and I are all ghosts sent to guide and protect you. You do have a sword right?” “Yes sensei.” Kyia replied as if they were training together again. “Very good.” He replied.
“What do you smell?” “I smell us and something else it's coming this way though.” “ Kyia be on your guard you may have to go on by yourself. You will be meeting a wolf named kapu if we do get separated. Do not make noise if possible and do not stop for if you do you will be caught.”
Suddenly they heard a cold voice say “We what have we here? Men you know what to do.” “Kyia!! Run” she heard her grandfather yell. Kyia did as she had been told to do but regretted almost at once when she heard a familiar voice give a cry of pain. “No!!” kyia cried turning around to go back but remembered what her grandfather had yelled out to her.
She started running as fast as she could and she could hear the men coming after her. She was afraid to stop because she was afraid that they might have guns and her suspions were confirmer almost immediately. She heard a growl and somebody grab her arm. She was able to wrench it away before she could continue on her way.
She was starting to pant before she saw a pure white wolf come flying overhead and attack the men behind her. She could smell the fear; blood and she could also hear the screams of the men. Suddenly the white wolf caught up to her and said somewhat panting. “We can slow down we have stopped them for the moment. By the way I'm kapu.”
“I know who you are and I have nothing that was needed to be said to you except be careful because after me you will end up alone. You will need to trust friends that you cannot see in any other world. You will also need to learn to forget some family ties. You will also learn that cousins that have been tamed are often quite dangerous. “ Kapu said before he pulled to a stop. This is where I leave you good luck at the end of this test you will meet her. Good luck and trust your senses!” he called after her as she plunged onto the path before her.
She didn't come upon anything until she had an encounter with a big black cat. “You smell of wolf. Who are you hunt sister?” “I am called kyia by my blood family.” “You have yet to earn a hunt name in this world then. I am called Jack.” You will need help to earn a hunt name I will help you.” Where do you go on this path? It only leads to bad places.” “I must find the place where Kyia the wolf is waiting for me. She told me in my dreams that I was her reincarnation.”
So you are the one the entire forest has started to speak of.” He said half to himself half to her. “Come we will follow this trail for a spell. I will take you to a place where we can find friends who know of this person.” They continued to talk in this manner as they walked on the trail until they hit a space of flat land. “We turn off here to find the friends that will help us.” Jack had said.
They entered a little cave to see a group of animals. One stood out to kyia very much. “Anthony!!” she cried. The wolf looked at her and smiled. “Good to see you to little sister.” “Do you know him?” jack asked. Yes he lived near me in my old home which I hope to see someday soon.” Kyia responded. A handsome tawny owl appeared next to them. “Anthony who is this?” “Dick this is kyia the one who will leave the Sohma family.” “Nice to make your acquaintance.” Dick said to her. “What is so wrong with my family?” kyia asked. “Your family has often neglected you kyia and don't lie to me I can see it in your eyes. Why you did not come sooner is a bit of a surprise to us but we took it as a sign that you wouldn't be the one. However she was so sure that it would be you.” Anthony said to kyia. Dick continued the story from where he had stopped. “You know what Akito did to when he found out you were the wolf. He destroyed all of the records that held any information about her. Now you will show him that you will be the ones to free yourself from His grasp and maybe lead the zodiac and your brother to the freedom that they deserve.” He finished.