Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ wolf ❯ a quest ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gutentag everyone!!
I am so glad to have so many reviews!!! It also makes me happy to see that so many people actually like this and I don't think I've received a single flame about how crappy this is.
Jenny B. thanks so much for reviewing after almost every chapter.
Kaira2828 I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
Mortem thanks for the advice. I guess it is a little hard.
 
And now onto the chapter and the story
Chapter 20
Disclaimer: Anything you recognize isn't mine everything you don't is mine.
 
 
Kyia woke up and turned around to look at her desk to see a book that looked really old, and was really muddy as if it had just been dug up from somewhere. “Probably has been dug up from somewhere.” She thought. “Man do I need some music…. I think The Killers would work for this situation.”
“Kyia?? Can you come downstairs for a second?” came Shigure's voice through her door. “So much for my music fix.” She muttered. Kyia walked downstairs and into the living room. She saw Satomi, and Akito giving death glares to each other. “You called me downstairs from my music for something?” she said trying to hint at how annoyed she was.
“Yes we did.” Came Hatori's voice from behind her. Turning around to face him she said “What for?” “To figure out what you're doing with her journal.” Putting emphasis on the her. “I'm doing absolutely nothing with it except going back to my room and reading it. I don't even know how I got. I just saw her in a dream and she told me that when I woke up it would be on my nightstand.”
“If you're not going to believe me then I am going back to my room.” Was all that she would say to the men sitting and standing around her. They just stared at her and then Akito got up and walked to her. “If you are trying to find a way out of this family you will pay for it. So I suggest that you forget about things like that. They're not exactly clean thoughts.” He whispered.
Kyia paled as soon as she had said that. He looked at her and just smirked. Then turning to Hatori he just said” We can go now. I know what she is planning to do with my wolf.” “I'm not yours Akito, Remember I belong to no one.” She growled almost threateningly. As though she was making him remember something that she had said a long time ago.
She turned and went up to her room and pulled out her cd collection. “I think Green day's American Idiot would work calm me down a bit.” “Yes I think it would too.” Said a voice. “Hi raven.” She said as she looked around and finally looked out the window to see a pitch-black wolf. “Nice change to the fur.” She said. “Black really is your color…”
“Oh very funny, if you must know she asked me to tell you something. She wants to meet you in person.” `Wait you mean she still alive?” “No of course not idiot. Her ghost still walks this earth though if that is what you mean. “ He replied after she had asked. “Right when should I go see her?” “She said as soon as you could to go to the very end of Shigure's property. He has been told that if he interferes that he and you could be hurt. “
Right just let me grab some things and my backpack.” She grabbed her messenger bag and quickly shoved a sweatshirt, some batteries, a flashlight, her Walkman, and her cds. “Ok lets go see this gohst lady.” She replied to the window only to find that no one was even there.
She walked back downstairs to find no one even down there. But there was a note on the table from Shigure saying
Hey Kyia,
We all went to see a movie while you did whatever that wolf came to get you for.
Shigure.
 
“Well isn't that nice they won't have to see me walk out with my things.” She said to no one in particular. “You'll need you're sword. “Alright let me get up to the clearing and grab one.” She said back in reply. She grabbed a sword as quickly as she could and then ran back down to the house. “ Right I'm ready.” She said.
“Let's get this shindig started.” Raven replied as he led the way down on the southern trail leading to the end of the property. They walked as fast as they could manage, but seeing as it was really muddy they kept getting bogged down. Finally kyia had to pull out her flashlight so she could see. “Right isn't this fun??” she said sarcastically. “Shush, we're going to need to enter a cave right off of the property. That is were it is going to get extremely dangerous. That is why you have brought your sword.” He said crossly.
“Yeah, Yeah I get it.” She said. “Until then can we sing a song?” she asked knowing the answer. “What song is it?” Was all that her guide replied? “Bottles of beer on the wall.” “Oh why not?? It will help this darkness seem less creepy.” “You can see in the dark!!!” she said indignantly. “You should be able to see in the dark too. You are a wolf! Now use the senses you have refused to use for so long!” he growled at her. “I'm speaking to you aren't I?” she argued back.
“Oh yeah that only attributes to one of them, if you knew how to use these powerful senses of yours you could have avoided that run in with Akito! The reason she wants to see you are to tell you how to use them to free yourself! You have powers that the others can only dream of! Learn how to use them on this trip or you will be in deep trouble.” He shouted at her.
They went back to walking in silence until kyia remembered that they could sing the song. So she started off singing “100 hundred bottles of beer on the wall 100 bottles of beer…………” as she sang she started to get louder and the wolf finally got irritated jumped on her and they stopped for a while and played wrestled.
They finally made it to the edge of the Sohma property and she saw the cave that they had to enter. “Gee that looks really dark.” She said very shakily. “You have to go in there alone. I will be waiting for you at the other end of this cave or tunnel whatever it is.” He said “Bye.” She said. With that she walked into the cave and started walking in the pitch black. She started humming to her headphones that she had put on as soon as she had started walking in the caves.
Meanwhile back at the entrance.
 
“Do you think she will make it?” a woman had appeared at the entrance. “I have no doubt that she is the one but she must realize that on her own.” Raven said. If she doesn't she could doom her family forever.” “ A lot hangs on her shoulders then.” The lady replied. “I will be leading her the next challenge. “Right. Let us hope that Akito doesn't interfere like he did to the last wolf.” “His spirit did remember?? That was terrible!”
 
To be continued
 
I tired my hardest to make this chapter really long!! I think I succeed in doing so! I hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter!
Review if you like!