Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Women In Tears ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Women in Tears, Part 1
Mona darefic
------------------

A/N: FB is the creative genius of Takaya-sensei. No money, don't sue.

"Ah! It hurts...Hatori-san..."

Tooru sniffled, still in the awkward position that she was sitting in. Hatori was leaning over her, a small pen light in his right hand. He slowly shone it in one eye and then the other, trying to look for a change in her pupil size. He backed away slightly and lifted one finger.

"Follow the movement of my finger Tooru-kun." He slowly moved his finger to one side. Tooru followed it for a little ways until she yelped in pain. Hatori bent back over her face. He quickly found the reason for Tooru's discomfort. A small eyelash had lodged itself near her tear duct.

He placed his left hand on her cheek and lightly brushed his thumb by Tooru's eye, trying to get the eyelash out.

Successful in his endeavor, he looked at the small invader before rubbing his fingers together to get rid of it. He turned back to look at Tooru.

"Keep your eyes closed for a moment and you should feel better." He frowned thoughtfully as she did as he ordered. Why the hell had Shigure called him over an eyelash?

He looked up when he heard a sniffle.

"Tooru-kun? Doushita no?"

Tooru lowered her face, hiding her tears from the doctor. She didn't want to trouble him. Having an eyelash in her eye wasn't cause for Shigure-san to call Hatori-san.

"Gomennasai Hatori-san!"

Hatori walked to her and kneeled in front of her, lifting her face so that he could see her eyes. He was surprised to see large tears pooling there. She was squinting, in a vain attempt to control her emotions. Hatori softened his expression as he continued to hold her face in his hand.

"Hey...hey. You're not bothering me Tooru-kun..." Against his better judgement, he leaned into Tooru and placed a light kiss against her cheek. He breathed in Tooru's scent, and exhaled deeply, his eyes closing. Burned in his memory was the sight of Tooru's large eyes alive with emotions that he hadn't seen in a while.

Being a doctor, he was no stranger to tears. Over time, he had built up walls around his spirit, so that the emotions had no longer been able to control his life.

Suddenly remembering himself, Hatori moved back a little too quickly, falling backwards on the tatami mat hard.

Tooru jumped up and hurried to Hatori's side. She knelt by him with her hand on his shoulder.

"Daijoubu desu ka?" Hatori looked up at her. She seemed really worried. About him? He rubbed his head lightly, fearing that his features were dangerously readable. He watched Tooru's face as her eyes closed once again, tears streaming down her cheeks. He lifted his hand and wiped her tear with the back of one of his fingers. He brought his hand back near to his face and gazed at the droplet on his finger thoughtfully.

"Why are you crying Tooru-kun?" He raised his face to meet her wide eyes. He felt a burst of electricity go through clear to the marrow in his bones at the way she was looking at him. Dammit! What was it about women in tears that made him feel hot?

"Because Hatori-san was kind enough to come and see me and waste part of his day because of nothing more than an eyelash! And now Hatori-san is hurt! And it's my fault..." Tooru's brows were knit together with a mixture of worry and guilt.

As though guided by something unseen, she reached for one of Hatori's hands and clasped it within both of hers, holding it to her chest.

She began to rub the palm of his hand with her thumbs absentmindedly, continuing to gaze at him cautiously. Hatori sighed. She was making this so difficult for him. Those large innocent eyes, the sweet expression of concern. There really was no end to the surprise that was Tooru. He felt himself smile lightly.

She blushed, as though she could read his thoughts.

"Arigatou Hatori-san!"

"Nani?"

"Hatori-san made me feel better!"

Hatori nodded. She DID look happier. Her skin looked so soft, FELT so soft. He frowned.

When had his hand begun to caress her cheek? He realized that her hand must have moved his to her face. Her hands were still on his.

He grimaced and began to move his hand away, as though he had just touched fire and gotten burnt.

Tooru flinched when she saw his pained expression. She suddenly had second thoughts about telling him.