Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Women In Tears ❯ Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Women in Tears, Part 2
Mona darefic
------------------



Hatori watched Tooru expectantly. Tooru's mind raced as she tried to think of what to say. She wanted to express her feelings... She felt her memories collide in her heart... memories of something her mother had told her not long before the car accident.

[FLASHBACK]

Tooru was leaning against the curve of her mother's side as they sat together on their couch. Tooru's eyes were closed as she listened to the beautiful sound of her mother's voice as she read aloud from a book that she had been reading.

She loved her mother's voice. There was something that connected in her heart whenever she heard it. Her mother's laughter was light and contagious. There was so much love echoing in each sound.

"Tooru.." Tooru looked up at Kyoko questioningly.

"Un?"

Kyoko looked at the leaves rustling outside the window, and sighed.

"What I wish for you..." Her voice trailed off softly "What I wish for you... is happiness with your most important person." Kyoko smoothed back the hair from Tooru's upturned face. "But, you won't be able to do that, until you can express your feelings. If you can't express your heart, then the other person will never know how much they mean to you."

"Okaasan..." Tooru looked at her mother with wide eyes, full of questions unasked. "Otousan?"

Kyoko nodded silently, as a tear ran down her cheek onto Tooru's hair.

" When you love someone, you have to be willing to do whatever it takes to be with them. Tooru, if ever you love a man, be bold. Tell him how you feel, and do what it takes to be with him."


[END FLASHBACK]

"Well?" Hatori looked at Tooru impatiently. His words pulled Tooru from her memory.

"Ano...?"

"Is there something else that you wanted?" Hatori peered at the girl, as he absentmindedly ran his fingers through his hair. Tooru's heart beat faster.

"A-hai! sumimasen..." She bowed low, biting her lip while she tried to figure out how to say it.

"Well?"

"Sumimasen Hatori-san... I...I...I have something to ask Hatori-san..!"

~*~To be continued~*~



A/N: FB is the creative genius of Takaya-sensei. No money, don't sue.