Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Women In Tears ❯ Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Women in Tears, Part 3
Mona darefic
------------------
Tooru squeezed her eyes shut. She couldn't bring herself to watch his expression.

"NORPLANT! What is it?"

Hatori blinked twice at Tooru, before turning his attention back to the glowing cherry of his cigarette.

"What's the reason you're asking this?"

"I-I heard some girls at school talking about birth control pills..."

Hatori frowned as he contemplated his answer.

"...and one of the girls said that she used Norplant." Tooru blushed as she stared at her feet. "But I don't know what Norplant is..." Tooru mentally kicked herself. THIS was not what she had wanted to ask him. She hadn't wanted to hear about Norplant. But she had chickened out at the last minute, just as she normally did around Hatori-san.

Hatori sighed deeply before turning to look at the shivering girl. His eyes searched hers, as if looking for an answer. They quickly gave up. There was no other emotion besides nervousness there. He grimaced as he began to recite the clinical description for the drug.

"Norplant is a form of birth control that is in the form of 5 long capsules. Each capsule contains both estrogen and progesterone which slowly are released and work to prevent pregnancy for up to five years." He watched Tooru's expression carefully.

"Does the woman swallow them?" Tooru gulped.

Hatori couldn't help but smile a little bit at this question.

"No, the woman doesn't swallow them. They're injected below the skin of your nondominant arm. It basically slowly releases the hormones to prevent pregnancy for up to five years."

"So no taking pills?" Tooru began to feel herself become genuinely interested.

"No taking pills." Hatori confirmed with a nod of his head. "And, there's only a .05% failure rate."

"Are there side effects?"

"It has the same side-effects of any other drug. Including over the counter pain medicines." Hatori put his cigarette out and peered at Tooru from behind his veil of hair, guaging her reaction. "But in a healthy female, the chances of having any of the possible side-effects is very slim."

Tooru blushed at this last remark. Hatori scowled as he nodded at her.

"Do you need to think about using birth control?"

Tooru froze in place, her smile plastered to her face, and her eyes wide open. She began to shake her head furiously back and forth, her hair whipping and sticking in the crease of her mouth.

"Iie Hatori-san!" Hatori frowned.

"Then why did you ask about it?"

"I didn't mean to ask about birth control." She blushed, even saying the word "birth" with Hatori-san.

"Then what do you want to ask?" Hatori growled impatiently.

Tooru flinched inwardly, as her mind came up with hundreds of different answers, and the one that was the truth - the one that scared her the most - was the only answer that came out.

"I -"

"Yes?"

"I - I love Hatori-san! Hatori-san is my most important person...!"

Hatori cursed under his breath as he reached into his breast pocket to retrieve another cigarette. He lit it before turning to look out the open shoji screen.

~*~To be continued~*~



A/N: FB is the creative genius of Takaya-sensei. No money, don't sue.