Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ War til Death 1 ❯ Unexpected Guests ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mornings usually aren't as sucky as that one was. Besides the fact that the castle was having a crowding problem, Kaite fell down the stairs and broke his leg. Jin was trying to impress Spade, flew into a wall and knocked himself unconscious and Faust being the educated “doctor” he is gave Jin the wrong medicine and got him sick. Life wasn't looking good for Spade at all. Kadaj told her to take a relaxing bath and maybe her stress would go away. She was glad to get away from it all. Even though she felt bad with leaving Yazoo with a screaming, cursing, and almost crying Kaite.
“Its okay, I got it, he'll be just fine” Yazoo gave a half smile but wasn't gonna let her stay to help “go relax and ponder world hunger or something” She planned on pondering less important matters then her planets hunger issues (even though that was on her agenda.) She went to her room and locked the door. (She didn't trust some of these people that much.) After dating Reno who would blame her. She crossed her room to the high ceiled bath room. The walls were painted a shimmering blue and sliver. Three giant shells lined the back wall and the tube was large half the size of a normal swimming pool. It was designed by fairies; it was designed like their fountains. One of Spades ancestors was a fairy and that were she got the idea to build the bath like that. She warmed the water already in the tube and slipped in. She stared at the ceiling and remembered the conversation her and her mother had that morning.
She couldn't ask anyone to leave, no one at all. Maybe she was just stuck on the same idea, maybe she was just stubborn and didn't want to see her mothers side of the argument. She sighed and gazed at the door and realized it was open a crack. She remembered closing it all the way and started upwards at and object she swore just banged the door shut again. She looked at her clothes on the opposite side of the room and remembered the dagger she always carried on her. If it was one of Jauara's creatures she probably wouldn't be able to get the weapon fast enough.
A white siamese mix leaped onto the edge of the bath wall “Hello dear, long time no see”
“Yin!” Spade gasped and gapped her chest “You gave me a heart attack”
“Yes, I know but the window was the only way to get in here and I can't knock” She licked one of her paws and stared at Spade “I haven't talked to you in a long while. Oh! And before I forget Anja says hello and she wants you to visit her”
“I will when everything here comes to a standstill. Besides she can take a vacation of her own and come here. We have a few extra rooms to spare and mother wouldn't mind.” She looked up at the ceiling once more and pondered if they even had anymore rooms. They had tons of space in the west wing but her and her mother forbade anyone to go there. “I believe there are some more in the south side of the east wing.” Then Yin asked the question she was praying no one would ask her.
“What about the west wing” Yin laid out calmly on the edge and stared at her friend waiting for a shiver or a harsh outburst. Spade just sat there and stared at the same spot on the ceiling. She didn't know what to say. Was the fact that she was running away from some long lost memory, screamingly obvious. But she also forgot Yin was well informed by the mice that roamed the walls of the castle and she has been a friend of hers for a very long time. I guess you'd call her an old cat. “You can't run from everything, Spade.” Yin purred trying to get her friend out of that distant gaze.
“I haven't even told Kadaj about that. It just seems so hard for me to do.” Spade sank into the water till it immersed her head. She came back up with one sharp breath and started sputtering.
“Now don't try and drown yourself dear you have so much me to live for. Also, think about your children” Yin the feline gave Spade her harsh, white, pointy teeth smile. She knew her friend would be thrown through a loop at that comment. Besides the fact that she wasn't even thinking about committing suicide; reminding her of her children and what her death would do to those boys. Spade thought of the children she adopted. The faces of DJ, Kaite, Leon, Wen, and Noah ran through her head. She could see their sad looks and welled up eyes. It made her want to cry. Yin made a swish with her tail in the water that splashed up on her once more day dreaming friend. “Think about that redskin friend of yours. He killed himself didn't he?”
Tears like glass started falling from Spades clear sapphire eyes. The white cat realized she had gone too far. “Oh Spade, I didn't mean it like that at all. I thought I was playing a joke on you but……” Her kind words stopped by a noise so slight that made her ears twitch. Then they both heard the doorknob being rattled and some cursing outside the bedroom door. Spade leaped out of the bath and grabbed her towel. Yin jumped off of the side of the tube, ran into the bedroom from the crack in the door she entered and hid under her bed. Spade reached for the doorknob and peered into the bedroom. The door on the other side of the room swung open in a disheveled sort of way. Reno stepped into the room, gazed around then he took a seat near the window and put his feet up. Fuming at the fact that he was interrupting her conversation with Yin and he bashed her door in order to get in Spade stepped into the room.
“What the hell do you think you're doing?” Reno smiled at her in a weird sort of way and stood up.
“You're looking quite lovely and wet I should say” His smile got wider at the look of distaste on her face. “You don't look happy to see me, whys that?”
“Listen, I'm not going out with and you almost broke down my door trying to get in here. You wonder why I'm not happy to see you.” Reno took a step closer which made her shiver. He put his hand on her shoulder and made a move to kiss her until Yin pounced out from under the bed and bit his ankle. Reno yelled and fell to the ground while attempting to hit Yin with his rod.
Reno grumbled and stood “Damn cat!”
“Damn Cat??? I've never been so insulted in my life. Who do you think you are making moves on the taken princess? I mean making moves on a princess is treason even if she's single.” Yin licked her fur to get his bad taste out of her mouth. Spade then noticed his eyes wondering to the lower end of where her towel covered and realized it was coming undone. Her faced turned red and she drew the towel closer to her. Reno sat back down in his seat with a board smile.
“You need to get a bigger towel because I can see south real well.”
“Pervert, how bout you get a life” Spade face was turning hot. “You're as bad as Vash. Now when I first met you, you weren't like this.” She also sat down and remembered when she first met him.
*Flashback*
*3 Years*
Gunshots rang out in the small town of St. Adaist. A younger Spade breathless but running so fast she seems to be gliding crosses ally way to ally way. Behind her is a tall man with long black hair with feathers in it, an Indian I guess you'd put it. He'd turn around and throw knives at the group of men that were following them.
“Princess do you really believe that this is a great idea?” Karshi puffed. “If you die in doing something like this your grandmother will have my head” He leaped over trashcan she knocked over making a tight corner.
“She has no right to kill you since I got in plenty of near death situations when her and mother weren't in the picture.” She then made a sharp left which almost left him running straight.
“Just to make sure were not running for our lives for no reason, do you have the potion.” From her shirt she removed a small glass bottle with a neon blue substance. He sighed knowing that the mission wasn't a complete failure.
“Chill, I'm not as absent minded as that douche bag you used to work for”
“Yeah but then they considered anyone of my type a rapist too but I can't complain. It kept that offal preacher woman off my back, thinking I was gonna rape her. She was 70 something.”
“And a lunatic. Is she the one we have locked in cell 394?”
“Yes, thankfully I only have to see her when I'm visiting Coburn. Watch out for…..” *bang* Spade ran smack into a red haired youth who was also running. The collision made her head spin and made Karshi stop short. Reno straightened up and brushed himself off.
“Hey would you watch where you're…..whoa” He stared a few minutes at Spade who was still on the ground cuddling her now aching stomach. A man in a wheel chair pulled up and three others followed him. The baldheaded one slapped Reno and offered a hand for her.
“I'm terribly sorry for what happened. Reno is still the immature one out of us” The guy in the wheel chair pulled up and smiled. “Oh my! Princess you're the last one I thought I would see here.” Spade (leaning on Karshi) got up shaking and looked behind her as the group got in really close. As they came close they took a look at the man she ran into and the rest of the group. All of them yelled “Turks” and ran in the opposite direction.
“Well, Thank You for scaring off the men that were chasing us but who are you and how do you know who I am.” The man in the wheelchair's smile got even bigger.
“I was one of the twenty that escaped the night your grandfather's palace was raided.”
End of Chapter Two!!!!!
Note: Karshi is the name I made up for the Indian in Priest (since I don't know his name). He's part of Coburn's gang. If anyone has his real name and is willing to tell me please do so. Tanks!