Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing of the Stones ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ed growled, his gloved hand clutching two train tickets. Damn that Mustang! Why did he always have to give him the boring assignments? He looked down at the tickets. Platform 9 3/4. Why the hell would he go to Platform 9 3/4? He looked at Platform nine, and then at 10. No 9 3/4.
“Al,” Ed sighed “I think we’ve been tricked”
“Aww, Nii-san! what if we ask? Its only 10:45, the train leaves at Eleven!” A ten foot tall suit of armor pleaded. “We’ve never been to England before! Things could be different here.”

Ed brushed a lock of gold hair form his face, and sighed “Fine.” With that he leaned on one of the pillars. The one problem was that he fell through the pillar, landing with a soft thump. “What the hell?” Ed sat up, rubbing the back of his head, which had hit against the merciless cement floor. He looked around, his brow furrowing confusion “Al?” He called out nervously as he got up “Al?”

“Nii-san!” Al called, looking around, wracked with worry for his older brother “Ed! where are you?” He had just been there...just been leaning against the pillar a minute ago. Where was he now?

The pillar...

Al went to the pillar and hesitantly rested a hand on it. It went right through. Al jumped back with a yelp of surprise. He pressed his hands against it once again, and this time walked forward, and was greeted by a familiar voice

“Al!” Ed grinned sheepishly “I was wondering when you would come through...I guess we found Platform 9 3/4, right?”

Al looked around, a dimly lit sign with the number 9 3/4 on it hung above a scarlet train. “Er.. yea, I suppose we did”

Ed handed their tickets to the ticket master, and loaded onto the train. An empty compartment was soon found, and Ed was seated by the window, his chin propped up by his auto-mail arm. Al was seated across from him, his colossal body fitting neatly in the seat .

 

“Harry! Ron! there’s a compartment over here!” Hermoine said, her face flushed with excitement. She clutched a ticket in her hand as her two frinds came over to her.

“’scuse me?” Hermoine said timidly to a boy with blonde hair. He looked back at her, his eyes a fierce golden color.

“Yea?” he brushed the hair from his face listlessly, which baffled Hermoine. Who could be bored on the first day of school?

“Could we sit here? There are no more compartments”

“Yea. That's fine with you, right Al?”

A suit of armor nodded, and Hermoine smiled widely “Thank you so much” she sat down, pulling Crookshanks cage onto her lap. Ron sat next to Al, a tight fit, but they managed while Harry sat next to Hermoine, his own cage on his lap.

“By the way” Hermoine said, holding her hand at an awkward position to shake Ed’s “I'm Hermoine. That's Harry, and that's Ron.”

Ed shook her hand “I'm Ed, that's Al.” Al gave a short bow, and waved slightly, a habit since he could no longer smile.

“So, where are you two from?” Harry asked, studying Al with a look of interest “And why are you wearing that big thing? You must be hot.”

“Oh, We’re from Germany” Ed said. “And its a hobby of his”

Al nodded vigorously “Yep, a Hobby”

The three students exchanged glances, and nodded. A hobby? They have got to be kidding.   

Ed drummed his fingers against his leg staring out the window, his eyes half closed. He didn't know where this train was going, but he did know that where ever it went, the Philosophers Stone would be there.

Hopefully....