Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing of the Stones ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The train screeched to a halt in front of a vast lake. Sparks of light flicked over the inky depths of the water, Hogwarts. Ed stretched his cramped muscles out, and sighed.

“So, what is this place?” He inquired to the girl with the mousy brown hair. She reminded him so much of Shesca, Lt. Colonel Hughes’s assistant.

She looked at him oddly, as if he had just asked her why the sky was blue. “Its Hogwarts. I would think you’d know that, since you’re a student and all”

Ed raised a brow, and shook his head. Let them believe he was a student at this weird place. It’ll be only a matter of time until he got what he desired and left. He glanced at Al, who he knew was thinking the same thing that he was.

“And.. how do we get to--” Ed was interrupted by a loud bellow “FIRS’ YEARS’ ON TH’ BOATS! FIRS’ YEARS FOLLO’ ME ONTO TH’ BOATS!” Ed turned, and his eyes widened slightly. A huge man, almost as big as Al, was waving the timid first years onto the boats.

Al looked at Ed, waiting to see what he did. Ed followed Harry, Hermoine and Ron to the carriage that was pulled by two huge black horses with wings.

“A chimera?” Ed whispered to Al, who had seen the same horses. The suit of armor nodded “must be...”

Ed looked at the entrance to the buggy, and then at Al “Threes no way you’re going to fit” Ed sighed, thinking of what to do. He sighed, and shook his head “Ah, well, you just go with the first years” that suggestion was immediately declined “I'm staying with you, Nii-san!”

“Fine” Ed said reluctantly “if you take off your helmet you might be able to fit”

All nodded, and promptly removing his helmet. This action was rewarded by three white faces staring at him with horror. Ed frowned, confused at their looks. He realized what it was, and sighed. “Oooh...right. Empty suit not body thing...Well, it’s a long story”

Harry was first to regain his composure “Where is he? I mean, he’s just the armor?” Hermoine shook her head “Impossible!” She said, almost trying to convince herself.

Ed sighed, and knocked on Al’s chest plate, sound resonated as if he was hollow, and indeed he was. “Its a long, rather tedious story that I would prefer not to say, wouldn't you agree, Al?”

“Yes, it’s boring” Al agreed, “and it’s really not important”

Harry raised a brow “not important? You’re older brother is bodiless and in that armor and its not important?”

“I'm his younger brother” Al said meekly, and this drew giggles from the group.

“What's so funny? Ed snarled, crossing his arms defensively.

“Its just” Hermoine said, giggling “you’re so.. Short”

“Who you calling so tiny that he couldn't be seen with a microscope?” Ed demanded, vehemence dripping from his voice

Hermoine blinked “I.. didn't say that”

“He just doesn't like to be called.... short” Al explained hastily, holding Ed back from lunging at Hermoine.

She sobered up, biting back a giggle “Sorry” She said, grinning apologetically “I didn't mean anything by it”

“Hmph” Ed said, looking out the window “right”

As the carriages slowed to a halt in front of the giant castle, the group of five got out, and started into the Great Hall. The four long tables were full of students, all clad in black robes.

Ed glanced form table to table, and then onto the Teacher’s table. His eyes flicked form Snape to McGonaglle to Dumbledore. The old man’s pale blue eyes held Ed’s golden ones. Ed smirked and took a seat next to Al at the table.

Dumbledor stood to address the school “Friends! We have yet another wonderful year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As always the Dark Forest is off limits, and the third floor is off limits to all first years, unless you want to die a most horrible death.”

Ed raised a brow at this. “Witchcraft and Wizardry?” He whispered to Al “do they mean Alchemy?”

Al shrugged, “I don't know.. What did he mean by ‘die a horrible death’? ”

It was Ed’s turn to shrug. “A joke, maybe? Hey, Hermoine, when he says witchcraft and wizardry, what does he mean? Alchemy?”

Hermoine shook her head “no, he means this” she took out her wand, and flicked it “Lumos!” The tip of her wand lit up with a bright light.

Ed’s eyes widened “Whoa...that is definitely not alchemy. What is it? Is it a new kind of science?”

“No” Hermoine said, tucking away her wand “its magic”

Ed snorted in disdain “Magic? There's no such thing as magic”

Hermoine shook her head “yes, there is. You’ll see”

“There's only Science and Alchemy” He sighed “Magic is for fairy tales”

“If that's the case, then you are in a fairy tale” Hermoine said, smiling slightly