Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing of the Stones ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The griffendor common room was deathly silent, the weary students all asleep peacefully in their beds. All save for two, Ed and al. They sat in the comfortable chairs, embers of the fire lighting their features blandly, but still enough light to be visible. The two alchemists talked in a fervent whisper.

“It can’t possibly be magic” Ed said, his golden eyes full of confusion “Magic isn't real.”

“It looked real to me, Nii-san” Al said with a sigh “it looked very real”

“Yea” Ed leaned back, closing his eyes “it did, didn't it?”

“I wonder what this place is all about...” Al murmured “how exactly did Colonel Mustang find this place?”

“I'm not sure” Ed said, answering both questions “But I’d like to find out”

Al sighed once again. “You should go to sleep Nii-san. It’s late”

Ed merely shook his head. He leaned forward, his elbows on his knees and his chin propped up with his hands “I’m not tired. I'm actually up for a little exploring” He flashed Al a lop-sided smirk “how about it?”

“Won’t we get in trouble?” Al asked nervously, fidgeting a little.

“Not if we don't get caught” Ed stood, and stretched. “Lets go” He started for the Portrait Entrance, and pushed it open silently. Al sighed, and followed his brother reluctantly. They made their way silently down the corridor, looking for any clues about this place or the philosophers stone. Ed smiled as they furthered down the hallway, no sign of trouble. Yet.

“You two! Where do you think you’re going?” A wheezy voice yelled. Ed froze, and slowly turned around. Argus Filch was standing there with Mrs. Norris, and was, in Ed’s opinion, one of the ugliest cats he had ever seen.

“Damn it” He muttered under his breath “Uhm...Is there anything you need?” Ed asked warily, looking the man over with a critical eye. He was in need of a good bath.

“Students aren't supposed to be outta their beds!” He growled, approaching towards them with a limp “why are ya outta yer beds?”

“Well, uhh...you see we kind of got lost.” Ed grinned apologetically “Sorry”

“You ain’t fooling me!” Filch said “Just wait until I get Mcgonagall!”

“Aw, come on!” Ed protested “Its not our fault this place is a freakin’ maze!”

“That’ll be enough from ya!” He said, “follow me”

Reluctantly the two brothers followed the man to his office, which in turn was dirtier than the old man.

“Wait here” Filch commanded, closing the door as he left.

Ed cast a glance around the room, his eyes lingering on the shackles at seemed to be well oiled at the back of the room. Those seemed to be the only thing that were in good condition; the chairs were almost falling apart, the desk was missing a leg, and the pictures hung haphazardly on the wall. Not that there were to many pictures, but there were a few of that ugly cat, Mrs. Norris.

“I told you, Nii-san” Al said quietly after a moment “I told you we’d get in trouble”

“Ah, what's the worst they can do to us? Detention?” Ed snorted, grinning. He wasn't to worried about the punishments.

“That's not the point, Ed”

“Still, we’ll be fine” Ed yawned, and stretched, leaning back on his chair, which promptly collapsed into a mound of trash. “Oowww... damn it! What next?” He got up, rubbing his back

“Brother” Al sighed “now you’ll get in trouble for breaking the chair”

“No, I wont” he said, clapping his hands together and resting them on the heap of wood. A blue light emitted from the pile, and was soon restored back to normal. When Ed stood back up, he heard a gasp from the doorway. He turned and saw Filch and Mcgonagall staring at him with wide eyes. Ed frowned, and g lanced at the chair, and then back at them before flashing a lop-sided grin. “Heh”

“How? How did you do that? You didn't use a wand” Mcgonagall said, trying to keep the disclosure from her voice.

“Its Alchemy” Ed said, sitting back down “you’ve never heard of it?”

“I’ve heard of it, I just never thought it was... well...real!”

“And I never thought magic was real” Ed said flatly, an amused expression on his face.

Mcgonagall opened her mouth for a reply, but closed it “Never the less” She said stiffly “You two broke the rules, five points deducted--”

“Points?” Ed interrupted “what are those?”

“Never mind that, anyway, five points deducted and you have detention with Hagrid”

“Detention?” Ed ran a hand over his face “Are you serious?”

“Quite serious, Mr. Elric. And I hope this wont happen again”

“Fine” He grumbled in resignation “it won’t happen again”

“Very good. Mr. Filch, would you please escort these two back to their rooms?”