Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing of the Stones ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Muttering soft complaints Edward trudged after the huge man known as Hagrid through the Dark Forest. Hagrid held a crossbow, and a bloodhound walked beside him.

‘Mangy mutt’ Ed thought, glaring at the dog. The second Ed knocked on the door to Hagrid’s hut the dog had assaulted him, not viciously, like the way Alexander used to assault him when he used to live with the tuckers. Tackling and squashing. And never ending ‘kisses’ Oooh...how he hated the dog kisses.

Ed glanced at the silent suit of armor that was walking next to him. Not a single peep since they started their detention. Ed frowned, and then glanced around their surroundings. “What exactly are we looking for?”

“Hush! Yer’ll scare ‘er away!”

“Erm...” Ed sighed softly, and nodded. “Fine. But if we knew what we were looking for..” He trailed off as his eyes rested on the mangled body of a pure white horse. No, not a horse. A unicorn. The puddle of blood around the maimed creature was silver, not scarlet, as Ed would’ve expected. The creature was so pure and innocent; who could do such an evil thing?

Ed’s voice trembled involuntarily as he said “is... this the..The thing we were looking for?”

Hagrid nodded gravely “I though’ she’d still be alive so we coul’ save ‘er. And if we couldn't do that at least put ‘er outta ‘er misery”

Alphonse spoke for the first time that night “who did this?” His voice was weak, wavering ever so slightly “Who would do this”

“Well, ‘bout a year ago You Know Who started doin’ this, but he never did anything this...bloody”

“You Know Who?” Ed demanded “whose that?”

Hagrid looked at him incredulously “You dun know? Fine, fine. I’ll say ’is name, but only once, ya hear?” He took a deep breath “’Is name is Voldemort.” He shuddered as the name rolled off his tongue “now, don't be saying’ his name aroun’ people, a’ight? It ain't a good thing, ya know”

“But who is Voldemort? What did he do? Why was he doing..That” He pointed with a gloved finger at the lifeless creature.

“He’s a wizard, one of th’ most powerful ones, too. Powerful but evil. He committed countless murders ‘n’ such, and recruited a cult. Th’y did ‘is dirty work. Bu’ when ol’ Harry Potter was born, You Know Who tried to kill him an’ his family. He killed James an’ Lily, but when he tried to kill Harry his just...vanished. He appeared a year ago, takin’ over the body of the Defense Against Dark Arts teacher. He killed a unicorn, an’ drank its blood to keep ‘imself from dyeing”

“Could someone really do that?” Al said before Ed could comment.

Hagrid nodded “Yep, but Th’y woul’ be cursed from that day on”

Ed growled, and crossed his arms “Well.. Who did this?”

Hagrid shook his head once again “I dunno. Maybe a prank or a joke--”

“No one would be that cruel...except...except...” Ed’s eyes clouded over as he began to think fervently. Maybe it was one of those Homunculi...Lust or Gluttony. Maybe it was Scar, he seemed to be against made from alchemy, and the unicorn certainly looked like some sort of chimera. Or maybe it was Barry the Chopper, he escaped from the prison and maybe he was running havoc around Hogwarts. To many what ifs.... “Damn it!” Ed punched a tree with blind rage “damn damn damn!”

Hagrid looked at Al confused. Al merely shook his head, and said “shouldn’t we get back to school?”

“Yea, I reckon we should’” He led the way back to the castle, studying the short blonde boy with new respect. Most students he brings out on these kinds of detentions usually don't even care, or just say how gross that was. Not Ed. He was very...animated. He wore his emotions on his sleeve, yet hid them at the same time. Maybe animated wasn't the right word. Mysterious, maybe.