Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crossing of the Stones ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ed stared at the ceiling, his frustration growing. He hadn't found neither hide nor hair of the Philosophers stone or any suspect to who, or what, killed the unicorn. He closed his golden eyes, racking his mind. He would ask the Headmaster, Dumbledor, about the Philosopher’s stone, he was bound to know something about it. And the unicorn.... There was no time for that now. He had business, and couldn't afford being distracted by a dead animal. No use in worrying about it now. Ed stretched and closed his eyes, falling into a sound sleep.

The next morning, Al shook Ed awake. “You’re going to be late for class, Nii-san!” Which earned him a blank stare from the sleepy alchemist.

“Class, Ed, if we’re going to be students here we need to go to class!”

“No freaking way” Ed growled “I'm not here for an education. I'm here for the Philosophers stone”

“We might learn about it, though! Who knows, it could be fun!” Al said eagerly, for he had never gone to school and wanted to see what it was like

“...Fine. But if this keeps us from finding the stone...” Ed trailed off, realizing Al was gone, already out of the Dormitory. He pulled on some clothes and his jacket and went down to the Dining Hall. He quickly spotted Al sitting next to Harry, Ron and Hermoine. He went over and sat down.

“Good Morning” Hermoine said cheerfully, buttering a piece of toast. “I trust you’re ready for your classes?”

Ed looked at the mousy haired girl, and then to the two boys, who looked like they barely had any sleep at all. “How can you be so.... awake in the morning?” Ed asked her incredulously

“We’ve been trying to figure that out for two years” Ron said “She's just a freak of nature”

“I am not” Hermoine snapped “I'm just a morning person. It’s perfectly natural”

“Sure it is” Harry grumbled. “And I'm a unicorn”

Ed watched the three bicker as he ate a piece of toast, amused. He looked around the dining hall to all the different tables. There were only four, but they were big. They seemed to be sorted by house, what were they? Griffendor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff sounded right. He yawned, and stretched “so” He said “where are the classes?”

“We haven't gotten our schedules yet” Ron said, “We won’t know until breakfast is over”

“The suspense is killing me” Ed said, obviously sarcastic.

Hermoine cast him a critical look. “Who are you exactly?” She said “why are you here? You’re obviously not a wizard”

Ed shifted nervously under her penetrating gaze “I'm here on business” he said simply “And you’re right, I'm not a wizard, I'm an alchemist. So is Al.” His gaze hardened “why do you care?”

“Because this school is no place for a muggle like you” Hermoine said stiffly “what kind of business could you possibly have here?”

“That” Ed said, getting to his feet “is none of your business”

 

Al bowed “Sorry” he said quickly, following his brother out of the Great Hall.

“I'm going back into the forest, Al. I need you to stay here, learn what you can about the stone.” Ed flashed him one of his trademark grins “and don't get detention” He winked and left the Castle, leaving a befuddled Al in his wake

“R-right. Class. I can do that” he sighed and went back to Harry and the rest

“Where’d Ed go?” Hermoine asked, somewhat concerned

“He forgot something and went to get it” the metal suit replied.

“Ooh...I see. Well I hope he doesn't get into any trouble” she finished her toast and glanced towards the windows expectantly “Anytime now...ooh, I cant wait to get my schedule!” She grinned with anticipation.

“Can you believe her? Its like their handing out tickets to a quidditch match, she's unnatural” Ron grumbled, attempting to get a couple more minutes sleep.

“Oh, just because I don't sleep all day dosen't make me any less natural than you” She snapped

Al sighed, looking at the two, wondering what he had gotten himself into.

 

Ed wandered through the dark forest, looking for any signs of life. he left the trail, heading to the spot where they found the dead unicorn. he finally reached it, the scavengers had picked at the magnificent creatures flesh, but that was a part of nature. he examined the wounds on the animal, stab wounds, only, they were to uniform to be done by a knife... and the haunches of the poor thing seemed to be bitten right off.

“Lust...and Gluttony. I knew it was those two homunculi.” he brushed the hair from his face and stood. “Why are they following us...? Probably after the stone as well...better hurry up an find it before them” he started deeper into the woods, his golden eyes sharp for even the slightest movement. Right now he wished that big dog was with him, even though he could hold his own in a fight. It was being alone that freaked him out the most.

In the near by shadows a creature unknown to Ed watched with a silent pleasure. Food for him and his family. Argon gave a quick jerk, a sign for his offspring to attack the unsuspecting human.

Ed stopped, feeling tension in the air. he could see some subtle movements, and tensed.

The giant spiders leaped at him, its ugly eyes shone with huger. More of them appeared, at least thirty of them, varying in size. They circled the alchemist, cutting off his path to safety “Food! Hunger! Food!” they chanted, growing nearer and nearer....