Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ the outrageous FMA escapade of the harebraineds and feebles ❯ their bizarre dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaz: I don't own any of the FMA characters but I own the ff. lunatics:
Kristine Melanie Rhenne
Jeremay Kae
 
 
Chapter 2: Their bizarre dream
 
Early 1900s
 
The town seemed to be the central city of the entire state yet it was a symbol of unfussiness. And even it was the capital their inhabitants were still fewer compare to the present. Unlike to what we normally have, there was no high rising building anywhere. Not only that, all they got were stalls and shops instead of a shopping department store.
 
Yet even if it was 1900s, they already got machinery. They were already using trains and cars (vintage designs) and a very unusual mechanical apparatus that could be a replacement for the lost body part. The community called it “automail”.
 
But what made this place more aberrant was about a study that the state military practiced. The study of transmuting things into another material. The study of breaking down and recreating. Alchemy.
 
+ 2006 +
 
+Class 4-A+
 
It was a fine Monday morning. The early flag ceremony was over. All the students were back in their classes preparing for their first subject. On the other hand a group of girls were busy chatting in a corner.
 
“ HI GIRLS! Sorry I'm late….” A girl with a long wavy black hair now joined them. It was quite palpable that she was wearing a pink lip sheerer and mascara on her naturally curled eyelashes. She seemed to be the shortest in the group yet she looked definitely cute and younger than her age.
 
The pale skin girl with messy hair and cold eyes glared at her. “You don't have to say that. We knew you'd be late again Rhenne. Don't you have an alarm clock in your house? You haven't attended even a single flag ceremony ever since the school year started.” she frowned.
 
Rhenne tried to control her temper. “ Kristine that's not the proper way of starting a day okay.” She said as she modestly sat behind Kristine. “ You know that I can't just go to school with messy hair and swollen eyes!” she sarcastically smiled. She was pertaining to Kristine who seemed to disregard her looks. “ What will the people say about me? I don't want to imagine that day! For Pete's sake!” she said dramatically.
 
“ Here we go again…” the Chinese looking girl besides Rhenne interrupted. “Blah…Blah…Blah! Would you stop acting like a drama queen… that's the reason why guys don't date you! They are afraid of your high standards.” She smirked. “ You see--- “ she wasn't able to finish her lecture because a good-looking guy just entered their room.
“ It's Nick!” She giggled, “What should I do?!” her face turned scarlet.
 
The skinny girl in front of Kristine tried to suppress her laugh, “ Kae… come on! Are you still dreaming that you'd be more than best chums?” she stared at Kae with a teasing smile.
 
“ I agree with Melanie. Duh…Nick has been your friend ever since grade school. Your perfectly compatible especially in type of music but up to now… he hasn't even notice that you're a girl!” Rhenne frantically said. “ Just a little advice from us…” she tapped Kae on her shoulder, “ Give up and try someone else…”
 
“ Shut up!” Kae screamed. She was obviously pissed. “ You guys are so supportive.” She sardonically grinned.
 
“Nah…Nah… calm yourself… We're just telling the truth dear…” Melanie explained while combing her short curly hair.
 
Kristine nodded as well, “ By the way, I haven't seen Jeremay. Don't tell me she's late?”
 
“ No she just went to the faculty room. Mrs. Rio called her.” Melanie murmured.
 
“ Okay” Kristine whispered after that she went back to her laptop again.
 
Kae glared at Kristine, “ Kris… don't you think it's too much? I mean you've been in front of it 24 hours a day 7 times a week! That's why people think you're weird.”
 
Kristine didn't even look at Kae. “ So? And besides I don't even mind. I don't even care about the guys' impression. I don't even get your point about the essence of having a boyfriend? I guess it will just give me headache.” She said coldly.
 
Rhenne swiftly disputed. “ Are you insane! For your info… It doesn't only give you problems.” She squealed. “ It will give you INSPIRATION AND DETERMINATION to pursue your dreams!” her eyes glowing like stars. Her smile was all out as well. She imagined a spotlight was on her.
 
“ Cut that out!” a tall with long straight haired girl arrived. She sat besides Kae. “ I've got good news! We wont have any classes until 12 o'clock! The teacher's have an urgent meeting with the principal regarding about the new grading system.”
 
“ That's great!” Rhenne and Kae both screamed. “ Meaning, We're free for 5 hours!”
 
“ Hey girls… know what! I had a very strange dream last night! It's my weirdest dream ever!” Jeremay murmured. She lowered her voice so that no one could hear them. “ I dreamt of a city.”
 
Rhenne, Kae, Melanie and Kristine were all stunned. They moved closer to Jeremay to hear her story.
 
“ It's simple yet they've got a weird machine! I guess they called it…. au-auto mail or something. I'm not sure about the name…”
 
“ Wait a sec… don't tell me its time is like early 1900s or whatever?”
 
“Yah you're right Rhenne. How did you find out?”
 
“ Because I got that dream as well last night!” Rhenne screeched. She slammed her hands on the desk. “ Is this some kind of a sick joke?!”
 
“ I dreamt it too!” Kae raised her right hand. “ I didn't really understand it but I kindda like the atmosphere.”
 
“ HUH?” Melanie interrupted. “ YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW THAT PLACE! COME ON! IT'S THE CENTRAL CITY!” She squealed.
 
“ Central city?” Kae asked with a puzzling look.
 
“ The central city in the anime Fullmetal alchemist!” Melanie shrieked. “ Duh! It's one of my favorite series you know! I thought the reason why I dreamt about it was because I had another FMA marathon last night.”
 
“ Isn't it odd that all of us got the same dream?” Jeremay asked.
 
“ Nah… maybe it's just coincident okay…” Rhenne muttered. She decided to retouch her make up in order to forget that dream.
 
Kae suddenly turned serious. “ We should never disregard our dreams… because they reflect reality okay.” She spoke crisply.
 
Kristine smirked, “ Maybe it's a sign…. But what ever that means… I still don't understand…”