Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Two Souls Intertwined ❯ Match ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This little scenario keeps running through my mind so here it is. By the way, I recommend that everyone try to write a story at least once. It really does make you appreciate the talent that is out there a lot more.
 
#37. Match
 
Pull it back; twist it, flip, and pin. Those four steps were all that it took to create her look in the morning. Of course her bangs took a bit more time, but all in all she spent about 5 minutes on her hair every morning. It was a simple hairstyle but it served a purpose when she was on duty. She recalled the conversation she had with Fury the day that Barry the Chopper showed up.
 
“You know Lieutenant, you really should wear your hair down sometime. I think it would be flattering on you.” A bright red stain covered his cheeks.
 
She smiled slightly at him. “I like my hair down as well Sergeant, but it isn't possible while I am on duty.” And with that she walked off leaving a confused Fury behind.
 
Only one soul knew why she never wore her hair down while on duty, Black Hayate, and he wasn't telling anyone. Sighing she completed the final step to her routine. In a small box on her armoire she kept matches. Selecting one from the box, she hid it in the last place anyone would look, her hair. One never knew when it would be needed, and it was just one more way she ensured that he was always protected…