Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Flute and Willow ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Warning: This is a yaoi, minna. If you are under 18 or offended by M/M relationships then run away NOW!!! Otherwise, by all means proceed.

Disclaimer: In no way shape or form do I own the characters so don't sue me.

Flute and Willow
A FY fic
By Sakura
Part 4

Ashitare stood before Nuriko and Amiboshi, his undamaged eye focusing only on the violet haired seishi. "I'm gonna kill ya this time for hurting me," he growled.
"Ain't gonna happen, pal. I'll beat you for sure," the Suzaku seishi spat back.
"Nuri, be careful. That's Ashitare, one of Seiryuu's seishi," Amiboshi warned his lover.
"Heh, so the traitor's here, too. I'm sure Nakago-sama won't mind me killing you too since you're supposed to be dead anyway."
Amiboshi stood still, trying not to let the older Seiryuu seishi intimidate him. He began to concentrate and build his chi up. "Nuri, get out of here," he began.
"No way! I'm not going to let you go again. If you're going to fight him, _we'll_ fight together." With that Nuriko focused his chi and t he bracelets Taiitsu-kun gave him glowed and lengthened in a pair of arm braces. "Come on, creep!" he yelled.
The wolf man slid down the snowdrift he was standing on and pounced on him before either lover knew what happened. 'He's strong!' the violet haired man thought as he brought his fist up to punch Ashitare off him. The Seiryuu seishi quickly leapt off as he sensed Nuriko's punch coming. 'He's fast too. Too fast, he's like a wild wolf.'
Amiboshi watched is love fight his former teammate with worry, but he was glad he was too distracted with Nuriko to fight him. He stood still, clutching his flute waiting for the perfect moment to strike. He also silently prayed to whatever deity who cared to listen at the moment, to keep Nuriko from harm until he was able to help.
Nuriko was holding his own as he dodged Ashitare's attacks, but could not get a single hit in. Suddenly, the wolf man feigned an attack to the right only to turn back on the violet haired man and slash through his coat and shirt, ripping it and exposing his seishi mark and chest. Nuriko was slammed against the mountainside by the force of the blow. The coat, its buttons torn off, went flying off his body to land beside him.
Amiboshi wanted to cry out, but knew that it would only distract his lover and cause him his life. Bringing the flute to his lips, the sandy haired seishi began to pour his chi into the instrument.
As if he sensed what the flute player had in mind, Nuriko snatched up his tattered coat and threw it into Ashitare's face just as the wolf man closed in for the kill. Seizing the brief moment, the violet haired seishi jumped over the hulking seishi.
"Amiboshi! Now!" he called to his companion.
The boy's fingers flew over the flute, playing a discordant melody of death. Nuriko had been smart enough to cover his ears before shouting so he was unharmed by the deadly music. Ashitare, however, was not. He was howling in pain and clutching his head in his huge clawed hands.
The music began to get louder and louder as Amiboshi's chi built to its peak. AS the last note echoed off the mountain peak, the wolf man's brain exploded and Ashitare plopped down in the snow dead, blood pouring from his nose and mouth.
Dropping the flute, the sandy haired boy ran to his lover, concern written clearly on his face. "Nuri-chan, are you all right?" he said clutching the violet haired man to him. "I thought he was going to kill you."
"I'm okay, love. Just a bit winded. It was like fighting an animal," he said extricating himself from the younger seishi's bear hug.
"Thank the gods you're not hurt," Amiboshi said smiling as he retrieved Nuriko's coat and covered the fallen body with it. He then took his own coat off. "Better put this on before you catch a cold." He handed him the coat.
"Won't you be cold?" Nuriko asked.
"I'll be all right if I stay close to you," he answered as he sat down next to him again, putting his arm around Nuriko's shoulders.
"Thanks for saving my life back there," Nuriko said smiling and put his head on Amiboshi's shoulder, making his younger lover blush.
"Y-you're welcome," he stammered. he wanted to say more, but the violet haired man had pressed his lips against his, effectively making him forget what it was what he wanted to say. It was obvious Nuriko didn't want to dwell on the past, so Amiboshi just stayed quiet and returned his lover's kiss.
Nuriko reluctantly broke the kiss and said, "Well, better move that rock out of the way or there'll be no shinzaho for us." Having said that, Nuriko strode over to the shrine once more. The Suzaku seishi wrapped his arms around the enormous boulder.
"Are you sure you're up to this, koi? You were just in a fight, you know."
"Wakatte yo! (I understand)" he called back. The violet haired man strained his already tired muscles and silently prayed for more strength. As if the phoenix god himself had heard him, the arm braces glowed with a warm red light and Nuriko felt the power flowing into his arms. Lifting the boulder, he threw it clear across the mountain peak. "Well that takes care of that!" he said dusting off his hands.
Amiboshi stared in amazement. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that," he said in awe of his beloved Nuriko.
"Two tell the truth, love I never have," Nuriko said jokingly. Both seishi then laughed, relieved neither was hurt. For once Amiboshi was truly happy to be doing the right thing and be with someone he loved as much as he loved his twin. The guilt he had felt was slowly fading away.
'Please forgive me,' he prayed to the two gods that had made such a huge difference in his life.
"I guess all we have to do is wait for Tama to get back with the others," Nuriko said sitting down again, this time next to the shrine. He wasn't in any hurry to enter since who knew what could be waiting for them inside. The best thing was to wait for the others in case any of their special powers were needed.
"But that could be hours."
"Yep. So why don't you get over here and join me before you freeze to death." Amiboshi blushed again. "I meant for you to take a nap, baka. We'll have plenty of time for what you've got in mind once we get the shinzaho."
Blushing the sandy haired seishi sighed and sat down beside his violet haired lover. Closing his eyes, Nuriko put an arm around him and drew him closer, sharing his body heat. Smiling, Amiboshi decided to relax and put his head on Nuriko's shoulder, but not before wrapping an arm around Nuriko's waist.

*****

The two young men woke to the sound of someone clearing their throat. "Ahem. Ya mind telling us what the %@#^ yer doing with him," Tasuki said pointing at Amiboshi with his tessen.
"I'm sure there's a good explanation, no da," Chichiri watching the redhead carefully.
"They're so kawaii!" Miaka gushed as she clung to Tamahome.
By now, both seishi were red as tomatoes and they scrambled to get up and untangle themselves.
"Listen, minna, we can explain," Nuriko said avoiding Tamahome and Tasuki's stares.
"So start explaining, Nuriko," Tamahome said glaring at Amiboshi.
Nuriko placed a comforting hand on his lover's arm then stepped between him and the two not so pleased Suzaku seishi. "Before you two baka do anything, I want you to know that I love Ami-chan and I think he's been through enough as it is."
The other seishi and their miko were stunned by the violet haired seishi's confession. "Nuriko!" Amiboshi said, now completely red head to foot.
"It's about time they knew. Anyway, they'd have found out sooner or later. Amiboshi saved my life today and that's enough to convince me. Chichiri, you know that he's not like the other Seiryuu." The blue haired monk nodded.
"Ch! Yeah right," Tasuki muttered under his breath.
Always the one to believe in second chances, Miaka smacked the fiery seishi on the head. "Shame on you, Gen-chan! I believe Nuri-chan. Can't you and Tamahome forgive poor Amiboshi and give him another chance? You know he was only being fooled by that jerk Nakago."
The redhead swore again and shook his head. "Ch! Women! I hate 'em! But if ya try somethin' like before, yer toast," he said waving his tessen around.
"So would you filling us in, no da?" Chichiri piped up, drawing everyone's attention to the body lying in the snow.
Nuriko then went to explain how he'd run into Amiboshi the night before and how they planned to fetch the shinzaho together while Tamahome and Miaka went to find the others. He also told them that when they reached the Genbu shrine, Ashitare had returned to kill him, only to be killed himself by Amiboshi.
When he was done, the sandy haired seishi then told his story. He told of how he was rescued by an elderly couple in Sairou who then adopted him as their son and how he had lost his memory from the medicine they had given him. He told the seishi about what had happened in the square in Touran the day before and how a blow to the head restored his memory.
"It's just like a shoujo manga!" Miaka squealed, stars in her eyes.
"That's quite a story, no da. I believe you mean us no harm Amiboshi-kun. We are grateful you were able to help Nuriko, na no da. Welcome back!" Chichiri said, clasping the former Seiryuu seishi's shoulder.
"Yay! We're friends again!" Miaka cheered, jumping up and down with glee. "Let's get that shinzaho!"
The miko then ran up to the shrine and stood wondering how to get the large iron doors open. "How are we going to get them open?" Tamahome asked coming up behind his lover.
As if on cue, the huge doors began to open on their own with a loud creak.


See, I didn't kill poor Nuri. Aren't you glad I decided to be good this time? See ya next chapter! ^_^