Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Fushigi Yugi: The Priestess of Judgement ❯ The Shock of the Truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well now, here goes the second chapter...up and running for you all. Let me know what you think about it! Input of any kind is always appreciated in any form, suggestions as well.
 
 
Fushigi Yugi: Priestess of Judgement
 
Chapter 2: The shock of the truth
 
 
 
Cat sat back in shock, her brown eyes blinking as she tried to shake it off. The entire tale of the Suzaku 7 almost sounded like a fairy tale…which in reality, it almost was. The story that followed however sent a small chill down her spine, reminding her of a past long forgotten as all the story fell into place with Taka's rebirth into the reality that Miaka lived in and enjoyed.
 
“Heh…and Keisuke told me all of this...I just didn't want to believe it at the time...I didn't want it to be the time,” She muttered softy to herself. It seemed as if her mind was racing as she stood along side the two men in the courtyard, admiring the beauty when a familiar question was voiced from her mouth, “It all looks like Ancient China.”
 
Taka started laughing, his clothing rumpling up as he bent over in an amusement shared with Tauski, despite the obvious confusion of Cat. She sighed, letting the subject drop. The red head, however, smiled as he looked upwards. `Why does everyone who comes here say that? Oh boy….'
 
“Cat! Tauski! I'm so glad you are finally here!”
 
Both people in question turned their heads at the cry, blinking in a simultaneous glance as the watched on, suddenly enveloped in arms that held massive strength, “Ohhh…I've MISSED you!” Nuriko smiled, cuddling the two people close.
 
`I…can't…breathe…How does...someone with so much femininity hold you like this!' Cat choked, the love it seemed, far too much for her as she bit her lip, gasping for breath.
 
“Oi! Let us down, you purple haired freak! You're cutting off my air!” Tauski waved his arms about wildly, trying to find release from the lock hold upon his chest. Nuriko, giving the usual smile of his, let them down in a heap, looking way o proud of himself for Tauski's taste. Tauski's hand instantly went for the fan he usually had in place on his back, only to suddenly remember that he hadn't brought it with him on the visit to Miaka's world since it would cause too many problems…or so the others had convinced him. Damn them….
 
Cat gasped for breath, stepping back with her eyes shut as she picked herself up from the ground. Air…yes…air was very good. Very good indeed. She coughed a couple times before straightening up, and glancing about. Shaking her head, she waited to see what it was that would happen at this point, “Well…at least we know that you are all alright.”
 
Nuriko looked up, a bemused expression lining his face as he shook his head. Chichiri, ever helpful, popped up out of no where next to Cat, his fox face looking straight into hers, “Times flow differently between the worlds ya know….it's been a week since we separated from each other into the book, ya know!”
 
Cat fell back in a state of shook, barreling straight into Taka, who was laughing still when she did it. The both fell over, crumpled on the ground as they slowing picked each themselves up. How did he DO that?! I've never had anyone sneak up on me like that before…well…as far as I can remember.
 
Nuriko laughed once more as he smiled cheerfully down at them, shaking his head, “Well now…time to explore! But first…we better get you into some different clothes so you blend in with the area” He looked a little to cheerful as he led the unsuspecting girl and the grumbling red head away to where the articles were held. Chichiri watched on, his usual placid smile in face when something nagged at the edges of his senses. It seemed almost like he should recognize it….yet, it seemed so different from how it should be. Darkness was rising again, and it seemed intent upon something that none of them could possibly understand yet. Blinking to himself, the feeling disappeared, leaving him to ponder the meaning of its appearance.
 
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_**
*_*_*
*_*
*
 
“The priestess is here? How? WHY?” A deep voice rang clear, speaking fluently with a slightly accented tongue. He enjoyed that to himself, and made sure to cultivate it so that it would remain.
 
 
“It would appear so sir, though we are not quite clear as to why or how. The earlier disturbances have our reading pools already occupied. I believe it has something to do with the people of their group.” A servant bowed to him, solemnly.
 
“Hmm…yes…I see. Well now, we shall have to stage the warm welcome for the guest of our land, now won't we? Yes…and her warrior as well, as she is already here,” A malicious grin lined his face.
“Yes sir, right away. “
 
“Have you located any of the talismans yet?”
 
“Nay sir…but it's only a matter of time.”
 
“Very well. Make haste! I want them in my hands soon…the power will be mine.”
 
*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*
*_*_*
*_*
 
 
“So, your friend went missing then?”
 
“Yes, about a month ago in my time. I'm not sure where Kiki had disappeared to, but I will find her,” Cat bobbed her head up and down in an affirmative to his answer with a light smile, “I know I'll be able to do it.”
 
Tauski nodded, returning that grin, now in his usual outfit of black and secure in the fan upon his back, “Yea.”
 
She smiled slightly, nodding at him once more as she turned her head to face forward. She self consciously adjusted the clothing about her frame, the green tunic and black pants seemingly more different then any jeans outfit she could have possibly put together. The material was good quality, but then again, this was the wealthy palace of Konan. It had to have the good stuff, so to say.
 
“Cat, Tauski, you are alright!” Miaka zipped around a corner, her brown hair flying wildly behind her head. Miaka, happy as always, forgot about the speed that she possessed, and in doing so, tripped. Eyes widened and sighs sounded as she barreled straight into the pair that stood before her, knocking them down with the grace of a clutz.
 
“Oomph!” Was all you heard as the shocked people under Miaka's weight shook their heads, and stared at her in amazement. Miaka moved faster then thought possible as she backed off them, smiling happily in her own crazy fashion, yet tinged with concern, “Are you alright?”
 
“Not a problem….nothing busted. A bit of bruised pride…but hey, that's easy to fix,” Cat smiled up at the jittery girl, raising an eyebrow at her antics. Others began to look about corners, raising gentle eyebrows and smiles amusement at the usual actions of Miaka.
 
“You're sure?” Tauski asked, looking at her with a gentle concern. The people about him stared; amazed he would have asked that so seriously after such a thing. He began to sweat nervously as he looked around, “Uh…umm…it's just `cause she's a guest, you know!” His pride began to speak in volumes. Nuriko stepped forward, grinning in typical fashion.
 
“Is that it, Tauski?” He began to smile, an attempt at holding back the snicker that threatened to break free. Tauski's eyes narrowed as his hand reached back to grasp the fan upon his back. A smirk lined his face as he swung it forward, “Rhekka Shien!”
 
He proudly turned away from the man who he had blackened beyond that of the friend chicken and charcoal.
 
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*
*_*_*
*_*
 
 
 
Dislclaimer: I own none of the characters from Fushigi Yugi, or anything like that. I merely use them as the wonderful subjects to spin a tale of my own.
 
Author's Comments: Many apologies for taking so long, for those who read and don't review. I hope you enjoyed this, and continue to read it. I'll try to put up chapters more often; now that my schedule is beginning to settle into something far nicer then it was before. Wow, this turned out to be rather shorter then I intended this chapter to be, but then again, I think it will work for now. Well, please feel free to tell me what you think so far, I'd be glad to hear it!