Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Fushigi Yugi: The Priestess of Judgement ❯ Warning Signs ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well now, look at the time that passes by! I don't dare count how long it took for me to put this up. Between tests, finals and of course writer's block for this story, it's been incredibly hard to write! However, I'm very pleased to say that I've had two reviews, and that they really made me warm in the heart! Thanks so much! Anyways, any questions? Feel free to ask!
 
Fushigi Yugi: The Priestess of Judgment
 
Chapter 3: Warning Signs
 
 
Finally, it was dinner time. Of course, Miaka found that the respite from conversation could only be found by the delicacies prepared for the emperor himself, and by eating as much of it that she could stuff within that garbage disposal of hers. Cat stared at her, smiling slightly, but shaking her head at the same time. Never, in the history of her fifteen years did she ever see another person put food away at that speed. It used to gross her out….it just became a form of amusement.
 
Glancing around the table, she had to admire the clothing that everyone wore. `You never see anyone dressing like that in Japan...anyways.' Shaking her head, she smiled again, running a hand upon the silk that was provided for her. Having refused to wear the normal attire of women, she chose to wear simple breeches and shirt. However, in a last minute ditch at a victory, Hoshi, Hotohori's beautiful wife and Nuriko look alike had chosen the colors and refuse to allow Cat to wear anything close to common. Purple silk embroidered with all the skill of the seamstresses that the palace had. Simple yet gorgeous at the same time, it went well with the black pants that were tucked within the leather of her boots.
 
“SAKE! Oh yea! Whooo!” Tauski started the night off in fine style, already drunk and still going. Everyone else seemed to ignore him as they turned their attention to Mitzkauke who was speaking of some different happenings that were going on around the town. As usual, he was a busy doctor. Coughs came within the general direction of where the food was being shoveled, drawing attention to Taka's cries.
 
“Breathe Miaka! Come on! Take it one bite at a time!” He said, patting her back as she choked. Cat snorted, shaking her head. She couldn't help it, this was typical of the young priestess of Suzaku.
 
Hotohori began rubbing her back as he raised his eyebrows, watching closely what happened, the image of poise. Nuriko, however, laughed out loud, pointing in his ridiculous way as Miaka stopped coughing. Miaka glared at him, holding her chopsticks menacingly, “That's not funny!”
 
“Oh? I thought it was! It's so like you to choke on food, Miaka!”
 
“No!”
“Yes!”
 
“No!”
 
Cat crossed her eyes as she watched, growing dizzy as her head whipped back and forth. The argument died off soon as Miaka began to yawn. Nuriko almost fell over as she found the sudden drop off of conversation. Chiriko was already asleep at the table, and Tauski was the buffoon that was officially running around in circles, using the sake cups as if they were a bra.
“Look at me! I can be a woman!”
 
“Ohhh my….” Shaking her head, she looked up at the crazy red head with widened eyes.
 
“I think it's time for bed…don't you?” Nuriko asked, tilting her head to the side as he stood up to go help Chiriko, causing shock again to the poor young woman as she watched the feminine looking man use his strength like it was nothing.
 
“Yup...it is,” Taka stood up, holding Miaka in his arms as he made his way to their room. The rest turned their eyes over to Hotohori to see if he was headed off as well. Nodding to them, he smiled, “Good night, my friends. May you all rest well, then we may strive to figure out why you all were brought here.” The last comment was made to the three who had come from the other world.
 
Smiling, Cat nodded as she stood up and politely bowed. It only seemed like the right thing to do. Just then, Tauski jumped onto the table, causing everyone to jump back with widened eyes. Baying at the moon, he was the image of an awe struck puppy. “Arrroooo!!!! Aroooo! Come on ladies! Come howl with me! AWOOOO!”
 
Shaking her head, Cat reached over and grabbed Tauski by the ear and dragged him off outside. The others blinked; shaking their heads as they almost dropped the cups that they were using for tea and what not when they heard a large splash resound from the Koi pond. Rushing out, they found shrieks from a man who couldn't swim, floundering around as a young woman who looked rather angry in her own right pulled him from the water, drenched herself.
 
“Hmm…maybe we should all go to bed now?” Mitzkauke asked, tactfully. An argument began to brew between the two teenagers out in the courtyard.
 
“Indeed…I believe so.” Hotohori nodded wisely as a wrestling match broke out in front of them.
 
“No Da……”
 
*_*_*_*_**_
*_*_*_*_*
*_*_*_*
*_*_*
*_*
 
 
“Hello…?” A frantic voice sounded through the darkness. Echoes bounced from the invisible walls. “Hello?!”
 
Man…this is freaky….Where is Miaka…Taka?! Tauski? Why am I all alone! I don't want to be… She bit her lip, trying to figure out a way as her brown eyes turned to the direction that her own feet took her. Control wasn't her own, and panic began to fill her mind as she walked, unable to stop. HELP!
 
An antsy feeling began to fill her heart as the will to fight, to begin a brawl was raised up like a plague in her heart. “No….NO!”
 
Golden eyes looked into her brown ones, “You are mine child…be reborn to the fight. Live in your destiny! Don't deny it!”
 
“No!”
 
“Accept the fire in your heart! Let the judgment pass!”
 
“NO!”
 
Cat shot up from her bed, sweat coating her face. Her chest heaved with the terror that hadn't passed from the dream that she hardly could recall. Why was it so terrifying? Why? “No…..no….”
 
“Cat!” A pounding was heard from outside her door.
 
Catching her breath, she pulled herself to open the door, revealing Miaka, a worried look upon the usually flaky girl, “Yes..?”
 
“Are you alright? I heard you yell out…” Miaka looked up at her, worriedly.
 
“I'm fine Miaka…sorry to wake you. I was just having a nightmare.”
 
“Oh...alright then. Well, I'm going back to bed. Take it easy…alright?” Miaka, still slightly worried, walked off from the doorway.
 
Cat closed the door, leaning against it. With a sigh, Miaka's question resounded through her mind.
 
Are you alright…?
 
She whispered, “I'm not so sure….I'm just not sure, Miaka….”
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Well, there you go! Third chapter up! And I wanted to personally thank the reviews I got this time. I absolutely loved them!
 
TaiKuzume: Thanks so much for reviewing! I felt so encouraged by you! Believe me! So here…*huggles back* And please, keep giving me your feedback! I love every bit of it! Arigato back!
 
Mitsuki: Thanks for the review! Not sure what you are confused about yet, buut…hey….