Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Kitsune-chan..... An Eighth Seishi? ❯ Awe... She's blushing.... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okies! This is chappie 3! Three chapters in one day.... That's gotta be some sort of record or something!
"Your record is a chapter over the span of a week." *Hiei*
-_-;; Well..... Umm.... That just means a new record! And I beat it by a lot! Or maybe my story is just crap. Either way, I don't care! It's 1:49 a.m. where I am right now so if this chapter makes no sense to you what-so-ever, it's not my fault. I'm just a little insomniac! Oh! And I get to introduce two more muses! Suboshi and Amiboshi!
"You fucking killed me...." *Su*
Err... Sorry about that, Su-chan. Needed it for part of the story!
"It's going to be happier than most fics involving us, won't it?" *Ami*
Aren't all my fics happy? At least by the end anyway?
"This is true, no da." *Chichiri*
"Speak for yourself! She made me straight!" *Bakura*
"She did it to me as well." *Hiei*
Erm...... Ahh.... IT WASN'T ME!! It was probably Bastet! She doesn't like my yaoi stories... ::cries:: Anyway, on with the fic! This chappie should have a bit more fluffy sappy stuff in it! Yay fluff! ^.^
Again, if you're looking for a disclaimer, go to the first chappie.
"It causes her too much pain to admit she doesn't own us." *Ami*
::cries loudly::
"She's just upset that I won't let her turn this into another yaoi fic!" *Bastet*
Bastet is one of the voices in my head. She's not a muse, just an annoyance. VIVA LA YAOI!!!!

(The next morning)

Chichiri wakes as streaks of sunlight warm his unmasked face. Looking up, he sees everyone else, including Kitsune, is asleep still. It didn't take him long to realize that his fingers had become intwined with hers in their sleep. Blinking with his good eye, he tries to slip his hand from hers, but the other hand tightens its grip.
"Chiri..." She mumbles quietly in her sleep.
Smiling softly, Chichiri leaves his hand and goes back to sleep for another hour or so. Not long after he falls back asleep, Hotohori and Miaka wake up followed shortly by the other seishi. Miaka smiles at the sleeping pair before shooing the others out the door.
Tama's the last one out and murmurs lowly before leaving, "Be good to her, Chiri. She's the only sister I have left."
Chichiri opens his eye to look at Tama before noding, "I never had any intention of hurting her, Tama-chan."
Looking a bit startled that his request was conciously heard, Tama merely inclines his head a bit before sweeping out of the room, leaving Chichiri and the still sleeping beauty.
Each time Chichiri tries to remove his hand from Kitsune's grasp, it tightens slightly and he stops. I need to check her ki again, no da. She was fine last night, but ki is unpredictable when it comes to matters like this, no da. I'll need to get my hand free somehow, no da. He thinks to himself. Taking her hand into his other, he slips out of her grip easily and continues to check on her ki for the morning.
Still finding nothing wrong, he smiles and brushes a loose piece of hair away from her face, "You gave us all quite a scare yesterday,Kitsune, no da. You didn't see the shades of white Tama went through when you passed out cold. He's truly worried about you, no da. I'm worried about you, na no da."
"Were you really worried about me, Chichiri-kun?"
Startled, Chichiri notices that Kitsune has awakened. He gives a small smile before replying, "Hai. It's not every day you see something like that happen, no da."
"See something like what happen, Chiri? What did happen yesterday? All I remember is telling Suboshi that he wasn't going to take Tasuki and a bright light. I know something must have happened after that, I just can't remember exactly what..."
Chichiri tries to think of a way to explain what went on yesterday before begining, "When the light around you diminished a bit, you were floating off the ground. You were in front of Suboshi before any of us were able to see you move and cut of his head with your katana, no da. After that, you said something softly and fell unconcious."
Kitsune pales a little, "I.... killed him? I... I've never killed anyone before......"
Pulling her into a tight hug, Chichiri tries to calm her, "It's alright, Kitsune, no da. You killed him to protect your brother, the last of your family, no da. You have nothing to feel guilty about in killing Suboshi. Now, look up at me and give me a smile, okay Kitsune-chan no da?"
She peers up into is eyes with a shy smiles and blushes slightly. Their faces are only an inch or two from each other and Kitsune finds she can't look away from him. Closing the space between them, Chichiri places a short kiss on her lips before pulling away and saying, "We're about to have company, no da."
Feeling the familiar ki of her brother, Kitsune sits back against the headboard of the bed and calls, "Come on in, Tama-chan!"
"Kitsune-chan! You're awake," Tama walks over to her and hugs her. "How are you feeling, ne? You look a little flushed."
Blushing, she replies, "I'm just getting a bit warm being under this blanket"
"Alright. Anyway, Hoto-kun and Miaka-chan wanted me to come check on you. They want to talk to you about yesterday."
"Can Chichiri-kun come with me?"
Raising an eyebrow, her answers, "I don't see why not. I swear, sometimes you act like the younger sibling."
Looking back to Chichiri, she asks, "Will you come, Chiri-kun?"
"I will. Let's go, no da."
Outside near where the party had been, Hotohori and Miaka are finishing up with removing Suboshi's body and head when they feel the kis of Kitsune and Chichiri.
"You wanted to talk to me, Hoto-kun?" Kitsune questions.
"Hai. I wish to speak to you about yesterday and how you're feeling. We were all worried about you yesterday."
"So I heard from Chichiri. What is it, exactly, that you want to talk to me about? Beating around the bush isn't going to help any. Looking like you wish to say something only fuels my curiosity more."
Deciding that being blunt would be the best, Hotohori responds, "Miaka and I wanted to talk to you about the eighth seishi and how you're her."
Hoto continues to tell her the elaborate tale of the eighth seishi with Kitsune staring at him wide-eyed the entire time. When he gets to the end with her not being able to get help with controling her powers she finally finds her voice again, "I can't get help?! What sort of deformed rule is that? I should be able to get help when I'll need it most! And how can someone learn to control their powers without help?"
"I did, no da. It took me a while, but I was just learning about them, too. You already have an idea of what yours do so you can't be surprised about them, no da. Just try."
"Another question," Miaka interjects. "Why did you decide to bring Chichiri with you here? If I had guessed anyone, I would think you'd bring Tama-chan."
Blushing for the third time that morning, she looks to Chichiri to confirm that her answer wouldn't make her to be a fool. Getting a smile and a nod, she turns back to Hoto and Miaka and stutters, "Well.... Um.... We.. I mean he's......"
Rolling his eyes while still hold his smile, Chichiri finishes for her, "I think she's meaning to say that I'm her boyfriend, no da."
With her face turning an even darker shade of red, she nods and hides her face in Chichiri's shoulder.
"Why are you embarassed, Kitsune-chan?" Miaka inquires. "We're not going to tease you about it like some elementary school students or something. I'm glad you finally found someone."
"Elementary school? What are you talking about, Miaka-chan?" Kitsune looks up and blinks confusedly.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I keep forgeting that this isn't my world. I meant like young children."
"Oh, okay. You had me confused for a minute. What do you think Tama-chan will think about me having a boyfriend? Even though I'm the oldest, he's still protective."
"Oh, I think I'll be fine with it," comes Tama's voice from behind her.
Kitsune whips around and embraces her brother, "Tama-chan! When did you get here?"
"About the time you blushed and started stuttering," he shrugs with a smile. "If you'd have been paying attention, you would've felt my ki coming from the other side of the encampment."
"I think I need some breakfast," she changes the topic, her stomache puctuating her statement with a fairly large growl.
"Let's go, then, no da."
How cute! She managed to blush several times in this chappie. I think I overuse blushing. ::shrugs:: Oh well. Anyway, this chapter took longer than I thought.... ::mutters:: Damn writer's block....
"You were just lazy is all." *Darres*
WAS NOT! If my muses would actually do something and not leave Chichiri to be the only one helping, it might've gotten done A LOT sooner! By the way, Darres is from my favorite manga Vampire Game. I don't own him, or the ultimate hottness that is Yujinn ::cries::.
"Youko's been keeping me busy for the last few days anyway." *Yujinn*
"Yes I have!" *Youko pounces on him*
Hey you two! This is a PG-13 fic! Keep that stuff to yourself for at least a little while longer! ::shakes head:: Those two have been going at it like bunnies for the last three days! Not that I mind of course... Anyway, review! Oh yeah, the next chapter will be full of fluffy goodness!