Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Kitsune-chan..... An Eighth Seishi? ❯ Revenge ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Awe.... My muses came back and they brought a new friend with them! Everyone, say hi to my new muse, Chichiri!
"Hello every one, no da!" *Chichiri waves*
"If we hadn't brought him with us, she would've come up with something horrible to torture us with..." *Bakura*
"Don't complain, ningen spirit! You haven't gone through what she's dubbed the 'Tea Torture!" *Hiei shudders*
*Big watery eyes* You two don't hate me that much do you....? *cries* MY MUSES HATE ME!!!!!!!
"Now look what you've done, no da!" *Chichiri hugs me* "We don't hate you, DO WE you guys, no da!"
*both shake heads with slightly guilty, but mostly scared looks*
Ok! On with the next chappy then! *hugs Chichiri* Thanks Chichiri-chan! I feel much better now. Oh, by the way, the Tea Torture is something I came up with in another fic that I haven't posted. I was just randomly torturing some of my fav bishies and Hiei's was being chained to a rock and listening to Tea's (Tea, not Anzu the cool manga version) friendship speeches for 24 hours! *smiles evilly* Bakura-chan had to be Yami's slave for a week ^.^
"Remind me never to get on your bad side, no da."
I don't think it's possible for you to do that, Chichiri-kun! Anyway, looking for a disclaimer? Look in the first chapter!

The next few months went by quickly for Kitsune and the others. She got to know the seishi and Miaka quite well since she had arrived in February (AN: since I hate snow, it never snows here, k?). She connected well with them all and had, as Miaka said she would, begun to think of her and the Suzaku Seven as her family. Her closest friend of them all was Chichiri. At first, she had wondered why he wore the mask. When he finally opened up to her more, his sad story of the scar and the reason for the mask itself had almost made her cry.
Now, it's almost her birthday and almost everyone is asking her what she wants.
"I've got everything I want," she answers her brother. "All I wanted was to find you and maybe some friends in the proccess. I got both and maybe more."
"What do you mean, Kitsune-chan?" Tama asks curiously.
Blushing, she responds quickly, "Nothing, Tama-kun."
Realizing what she meant to say, Tamahome can't resist the urge to tease his older sibling, "You've taken a liking to someone, haven't you, aneue(1)? Who is it, ne? Wait! I know! Chichiri-kun!"
Her blush deepens and Tama smiles knowingly. She begins to play with the hem of her black and red kimono-styled shirt before looking up at Tama and saying confidently, "If you tell him anything, I swear I'll blast you into next month! Promise me, shatei(2)! Promise you won't say anything!"
"I promise I won't say anything, Kitsune-chan. Your secret is safe with me. That is unless you don't talk to him about it soon. He deserves to know, Kitsune. He's had a lot happen to him and he's not the most self-confident man you'll meet. It might take a little while for him to realize you mean what you're saying."
"I'm not stupid, Tamahome-kun! I know what he's been through. You and I probably understand him better than any of the others. I don't want to rush him and have him doubt my feelings at all. Though, I should probably tell him before the month is up or I may never do it."
(skipping ahead a bit)
A few days later, it's her birthday and everyone's taking a break from their usual duties. Well, everyone except the guards because that would probably be bad. decided that since she didn't tell them what she wanted, they put their heads together and got her a joint gift from the eight of them.
"It's beautiful!" She exclaims as she's handed her preasant: a katana. She takes the weapon out of it's sheath and looks it over. Loving the intricate red and black handle, she stares at it in fascination for a moment longer before turning to her friends and smiling brightly, "Thank you all so much!"
Miaka comes forward and accepts the hug given to her by the older girl, "We thought you'd like a weapon of your own for once intsead of playing with the ones in the training shed!" She exclaims while bouncing a bit on her toes. "This way, if you ever *DO* need to fight, you won't have to go running to the shed for a weapon!"
Laughing, Kitsune ties her new katana to the black sash on her red fighting pants. Admiring how it seems just the size for her, she remembers to ask something, "How sharp is this thing?"
"Sharp enough to slice through a fairly thick tree. I should know, I tried it out," Tamahome replies with a smile. "Couldn't resist seeing how well Chichiri did with his enchantment."
Turning to Chichiri with curiosity she asks, "What kind of enchantment, Chichiri-kun?"
"The blade of that katana with never dull or rust, no da. In fact, with each use, it seems to become sharper and more polished. I'm not sure how I managed that, but it's deffinetely a possitive atribute, no da."
"Yes it is," Kitsune replies before giving him a hug. "Thanks, Chichiri-kun. Thanks to all of you. This has been the best birthdat since I can't remember when."
"And it'll be your last!" Came a voice from the trees over head before a man followed by many soldiers jump from the trees onto the ground in front of the group.
"Seiryuu Seishi! Kitsune! Stand behind me!" Chichiri yells and turns to face their enemy.
"Not a chance. I'm gonna try out the new blade I have on these assholes!"
"How touching!" A green haired Seiryuu mocks loudly. "The little girl is willing to fight with the big kids. Fortunately for you, we're not here to kill you all. I'm just here for Tamahome."
"You're not getting to him without getting through me!" she shouts angerly.
"What? Is he your boyfriend or something? I assure you, he took something far more important to me than a lover!"
Now it was Kitsune's turn to sound mocking, "And what was that?"
Before the blue eyed Seiryuu had a chance to respond, Tama glares and threatens, "Leave now, Suboshi. Leave now and you'll leave with your life."
"Suboshi?" Kitsune asks herself quietly. "Isn't he the one who.... YOU BASTARD!" Everyone sends a startled look to the now enraged ona(3). The only response from her is to look up and glare dangerously at Suboshi before speaking again in a low and furious voice. "You killed the rest of my family. Would have killed me if I had been home. You will NOT take the last piece of my blood family I have left!"
With that said, she's suddenly surrounded in a blinding white light. As it dies down, Kitsune is floating slightly above the ground with a powerful, pure white aura wraping around her lithe figure and a symbol blazing on her forehead. The other Seiryuu run, but Suboshi is rooted to the spot he landed in.
"What the..." is all He's able to get out before Kitsune is standing before him and his head is severed from his shoulders.
"I won't let you hurt what's left of my family...." she says softly before falling unconscious. Chichiri catches her before she's able to hit the ground and carries to her room, followed closely by the others.
"I didn't know it was possible to have an eighth seishi, did you, Hoto-san?" Tama asks.
"I did, and I've suspected her of being the eighth since she got here. None of you can tell me you didn't feel her extremely strong ki in all this time. There's an ancient text that discribes a pure being. One that can bring no sadness and give no pain except to those who harm those close to her heart. This seishi has no side unless she chooses so and is considered a great asset to whichever side she does choose and is loved by those in the group like family. This seishi carries the sign 'To be bright' on her forehead. When she learns to control her powers, she'll be but a small step under Suzaku in strength. The only flaw is that she must learn to harness this power on her own. No amount of help from anyone else will help her learn faster."
"You've known she was capable of this the whole time and didn't tell me?! I'm her brother! I had a right to know!" Tama bursts angerly.
"We only suspected. We weren't sure, Tama-chan," Miaka places a calming hand on his shoulder. "It would've been foolish and rash if we'd tried something on pure suspicion. You understand, don't you Tama-chan?"
Sighing, he relaxes and answers sheepishly, "Yeah. I guess you were right in your dicision. It would've been embarassing if you had tried to tell us something like this and be wrong in the end. I'm sorry I yelled, I'm just worried."
"We're all worried, no da," comes Chichiri's soft reply from his spot beside Kitsune. He was checking her ki for any problem. "She's fine, no da. We can all stop worrying for the time being."
The other six seishi and Miaka fell alseep, but Chichiri stayed up for a while longer before laying half a dozen red roses on the night stand and falling asleep in the chair he'd been seated in.
Isn't that so cute! Chichiri got her a little preasant on his own! *sighs wistfully* I wish I had a guy to give me roses. They're such pretty flowers.
"This romance shit is so sweet it's giving me a cavity!" *Bakura*
Well, what was that cute settup Ryou was telling me about earlier today? Candles, soft music, insence, slow dancing..... Such a sweet image and you planned it! And Hiei, before you get going on the sappiness as well, just remember what you and Kurama do every day.
"Hn."
Thanks to my new muse Chichiri for helping me write this chappy more than Kura and Hiei did! *huggles Chichiri-kun* Oh! And the little number things!
1. Big sister
2. Little brother
3. Woman
Couldn't resist using a bit of Japanese ^-^