Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Nemesis ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nemesis:
 
 
Disclaimer :I will say this only once; I don't own Fushigi Yuugi or its characters. However all OCs are mine ^-^
 
Summary: Legends speak of a time ...a time of darkness, betrayal and deceit...a time of freindship, sacrifice and love.... a time of war. A terrible war between the Red Phoenix and the Blue Dragon ...a war driven by dark ambitions that rocked the very foundations of their world. In the end the Blue Dragon was defeated and banished, never to be seen again ...And now the Blue Dragon has once more risen its mighty head. And a dark shadow threatens to engulf the lands. Is it then the shadow of the Blue Dragon?
 
Prologue:
 
Chulivey shivered. She wrapped her dusty traveling cloak around her and added some more dry leaves to the dying fire. A chilly wind blew over the grassy plains, softly moving the tips of the blades of the tall grass. Here and there shunted trees grew looking over the plains like ageless sentinels, mute witness to the passage of time. Chulivey sat huddled in front of one such tree, the dancing firelight casting shadows on her brown curls and on the crooked branches that spread above her. The sky was clear, its velvety darkness covering the lands in a glittering blanket studded with stars. It was peaceful. For a child born in a land torn by war, peace was indeed a rare commodity.
 
Sighing Chulivey took out the scroll she was studying from her backpack. Frowning she pushed away the wayward locks from her face. What was the reason behind this incessant bloodshed? And even though the Suzaku no miko had come...what had changed? The same vicious cycle of war and bloodshed went on. The land still bled tears of blood.... Villages still burned...And they still believed...
 
She could never really understand her countrymen's obsession with the Miko or the very idea that somebody could magically solve his or her problems with a `wish'!
 
Can somebody 'wish' for an end to this never-ending strife?
 
Could one actually believe in this silly shortcut to peace?
 
That somebody could magically solve their problems?!
 
For this very reason a large portion of the treasury was spend to train warriors who would protect the miko when she came...if she came...at all.
 
Chulivey chuckled. For all her ideas regarding the miko she still had a wish so see the miko once... She was a seishi ...a Suzaku seishi. And even if the miko did not come she still would find a way to serve her country in its present hour if need....
 
And hopefully she could find an answer to this disturbing piece of information she had unearthed. She concentrated on the crumbling yellowing parchment quite unaware of the deeper shadow in the darkness that slowly crept up to her...
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Glossary:
 
Miko: Priestess
Seishi: Sacred warrior
Suzaku no Miko: Priestess of Suzaku.